Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #7

Welcome Danielle! I agree, Jett is a cutie! Does he have a website yet?

Beck, that is a bummer that Maddy is under the weather! I hope she is feeling better soon, poor thing! I also heard honey is bad for infants, but I know my dad used to give it to us. I wouldnt take a chance though, but that is just my opinion!

Meg,
    She's still loving her solids, but her poos are really sticky. Im using an organic brand as well. Im going ot give her a little prune juice today.
    Abby has had the worst poos! I think it is either the medicine or the rice cereal, but it is sticky and stinky! Tonight she had to go straight from the changing table to the tub, and the jumperoo had to go straight to the wash! Poor thing, she was a mess! It happens like that about every other day and I havent started any fruits or veggies yet! Scarey!

Awe Coco is over 5 months now! Wow time is flying! Happy 5 month birthday, baby girl!

Maddy's poos have changed lately in the last four days (instead of pooing every 2nd nappy, she now poos 1 or 2 every two days) and it's becoming more solid and less runny liquid-like if that makes sense?

The GP also confirmed he thinks she is indeed teething so perhaps it can be attributed to that.

Is maddy on solids?

Abby's are 1 every one or two days too, and those nappies are loaded!

Nope her diet has not changed - still just booby-fed. My diet hasn't changed significantly either.

My MIL just called....she's coming back here for a few days on her way to visit her sister in Christchurch! YAYYYYY!!!!! I can clean up (& threaten my DH with dismemberment if he messes up the house) and it won't get messy as my BIL left for the Sudan yesterday. He won't be back until December!

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Ivy and Noah are good, growing well and starting to move more, I think getting out of that newborn stage. No sign of rolling over yet but starting to get stronger in tummy time and the smiles, laughs and conversations have well and truly started up.

Noah is a big boy, weighing 6.8kgs and Ivy is 5.2kgs.

We are weaning Noah off the thickened formua now because the ECHN thinks that is what has caused his massive weight gain.

Ivy has late onset reflux and projectile vomiting, which is not so nice but have been there done that with two others so know the drill. Yesterday, though there was some blood in the vomit, so a bit scary. Have started zantac today and for the first time in weeks, she has slept more than 20 minutes in the day.

As for me, I'm feeling a bit isolated and stuck in the house, worried that I'm heading down that PND path again but hoping not. There is just so much going on, I think and am feeling overwhelmed.
    My Dad died in March and left a stipulation in his will that if my sister wanted to see any of his estate she had to get clean and get her kids back. For those of you who don't know my saga, my sister is a drug addict and I foster her boys, they have lived with us for the last five years and we have permanent custody of them until they are 18. AJ is turning ten and Mal is 8 but he is developmentally delayed because of all the crap she pumped into herself when she was pg.
    Anyhow, she has had nothing to do with the boys for the last three years, October 2003 was her last access visit, and she didn't turn up.
    Now because she wants the money she has come back into our lives through my evil stepmother, who is supporting her. Evil Stepmother (ESM)
    professed to hating my sister six months ago and my psycho sister reciprocated those feelings right back at her. ESM said that my sister had caused my dads cancer.
    To cut a long story short, on top of dealing with my dad's death, two premmie babies and five other kids, I now have to deal with the interfering ESM and my sister, who the last time I spoke with her told me she was going to kill my kids and my husband, so I knew what it was like to be without my family because she felt I had stolen her children from her. (I didn't, she abandoned them one weekend, after coming into some money). It doesn't matter what I do or say, ESM can't see that my sister only wants my dad's money and is using her AND that the one's that are going to suffer MOST out of all of this, are the boys.
    So that's me, feeling very lost in all of this bull****. Thank god school holidays are over tomorrow!

:wave:

Welcome Danielle!! Great to have you here with us! I love your son's name. Jett! What a great name! And he is sooo cute. Do you have a webpage? I would love to see more pictures of him!

Beck omg poor Maddy! Seriously you are NOT a bad mother! Omg you are a fantastic mother! I would never have known that could even happen! So you have just taught me something! I hope Maddy gets better soon. All this weird weather probably isnt helping! I would just limit her contact with others until she shakes the cold completely, maybe keep her home as much as possible? I dont know what else to suggest, wish I could be helpful! Hugs to you both! Feel free to vent here anytime!
    Also just to add, looking back now, Jasmine had some runny poo's before her teeth came through, so I think thats a big sign!
    YAY for the BIL going away! What a GREAT break from him that will be! Our babies will be ONE YEAR OLD when he comes back! omg

Sarajo I read your other post in the other section. And the responses.... I was going to comment but I thought I would just reply to you here. Personally, I wasnt allowed to get mine done until I was 13. I'll probably do the same with Jasmine, mainly because I dont wear them much (only when I go out) and I just had years worth of problems when I got them done. That said though, I dont see anything wrong with it. Everyone has a right to decide what they want for their baby. I asked my friends when they got their babies done, cos I didnt remember. D had M done when she asked for them. A had T done at 6 weeks, and never had a problem. So really each to their own. Its not like your having her earlobes cut off or anything

Meg! YAY for Coco loving her solids. Im going to hold out with Jasmine for as long as I can. She is FF anyway and seems quite happy as is. She still does that pushing thing with her tongue anyway so I dont think she is ready. She watches me eat, but I think she is just fascinated with how I make it vanish LOL! How was Tims first day??

Tiggy! Great to see you here. WOW that is a big difference between your little ones isnt it? Still with Ivy having reflux that wont help. Poor little thing. I dont know much about it, only from what Ive read with Sarajo going through it with Abby, but is late onset the same?
    Omg :hugs: I did not know you went through all of that. And are actually going through that right now. You poor thing. What a superwoman you are. You are inspirational! Thats a hell of alot to deal with. If you ever need to just talk about it, one of us is usually here. I seriously had no idea, Im just in awe of you now! Huge to you!

Rach how are you and Hannah?
    Melly I hope things are going well for you! How is Logan?

Tiggy, you are amazing. im sorry to hear of the awful situation you're in at the moment. What a nightmare. Kate is right, feel free to come and talk to us. Is there anyone you can see (such as early childhood nurse) about feeling PND coming on? Is there a playgroup or mothers group you can join? Just to get you out with the twins?
    YEY Coco is 5 months. Just can't BELIEVE how time has flown. I can still picture myself sitting here typing, whilst pregnant!! Now we've all got real little personalities!! How amazing is that!
    Went to the Doc's for blood test for Coco, and he said her poo etc is normal when starting solids. he said not to stop. I just have to make sure her fluid intake is as much as usual to ensure she doesn't get constipated.
    Tim had agood day, but he's gone to uni tonight, so i won't hear all the details until tomorrow morning. So nice to have him back at work!! Tilly back at school tomorrow, I won't know what's hit me!
    have a good sleep all. sending SLEEP VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxooxo

Tiggy - I cannot believe what an amazingly strong woman & mother you are! As if twins alone aren't enough to work with; add in another 5 children to the mix and an evil sister & SM. Like the other girls have mentioned; always feel free to vent here whenever you need it. Those two little boys (your nephews) are so incredibly lucky to have such a caring Aunt & Uncle who have welcomed them into the fold with open arms.

Glad to hear that Ivy & Noah are cruising along. Once you change up the formula; I'm sure that their weight difference will even out. Just love the photos on your webpage!

Meg - YAY for Coco's 5th month birthday! Must be such a relief to have that positive report back and that it is just because of the cereal. It's also good news that Tim had a great first day at work..must be such a load off your mind not to have to stress about money anymore!

Sarajo - Hope you and Abby are going well! I had my ears pierced 6wks before my 12th birthday so I could wear my first fancy pair of earrings for our year 7 formal which happened to be on my birthday. Am so glad I didn't have it done earlier....the woman half-pierced the first ear, had to reload the piercing gun and re-do it through the same earlobe. Was not impressed.

I know a lot of people who have had their children done really young and never had any problems. So basically, I think no-one knows what is better for Abby then you & Don. I personally will be waiting until Maddy asks, and I guess John & I will decide when we feel it's appropriate for her.

Kate - Thanks for the reassurance about my mothering skills....it's so easy to feel guilty about any little thing that goes 'wrong' with your bubby. I think you are right about keeping her away from people....we won't be going anywhere until the end of the week other than the doctors' tomorrow. Sadly her rash doesn't appear to be clearing up...even a little bit.

Well, it's 10pm and Miss Madeline is fast asleep (Demazin for Infants is strong stuff...she's been sleeping well. Slept 3hrs straight during the day in her cot today and only cried for 10mins before nodding off) so I'm going to take myself off to bed.

GOOD sleep vibes :sleeping: :sleeping: for all of your bubs ladies, and in turn for yourselves!

Thank you all for your opinions on earriong. I had mine done when I was 3 and I was old enough to remember that it hurt. I also couldn't keep my fingers off them, which had to make it hard on my mom. I think that if I were to wait till Abby were 12 or so, old enough not to fiddle with them, that would be good, but I want her to have them as a child like I did, so I think the sooner the better since she wont fuss with them now and by the time she is old enough to know to fuss with them they will be healed and everything. I know I will hate the process of having it done, but just like shots, she should be feeling it only for a couple mintues. I hope!

Tiggy, wow, your poor thing! I had no idea you were going through all that drama! I hope your sister does clean herself up and turn her life around, but to take the boys back, man that will be hard on them and on you and your family! I am sorry to hear about your dad's death. How hard to cope with all of this. Sounds like your ESM is confused and wrong. Do you have any other brothers or sisters you can turn to for support?

Ivy has reflux? Awe, I know how you feel dealing with that! I hope the zantac works for her! What the doctors tell me is if she is gaining good weight and she is not in pain, it is more a laundry problem than a problem for her, and babies do grow out if it thank God! Now with Abby she is in quite a bit of pain, so much that she cant eat when it is acting up most. That is why she is on so much medicine. The medicine helps heaps with the pain. She still spits up quite a bit, but as long as she's not in pain I dont mind the extra loads of laundry and outfit changes! My neighborhood knows Abby as the spit up baby and when I bring her out the want to hold her but they ask me if she has eaten anytime recently beacuse they know its comming. I think she has gotten everyone who has held her!

Wow this is a super long post. I will have to finish later. I want to take a little nap. I was up so late last night!

Oh the sushi party was fabulous and yummy!

You all have a good day!

Hi guys. Beck, i hope Abby's rash clears up quickly. what a pain. Could it be exzma or something?
    Coco had a TERRIBLE night. I am so not happy! Don't know if it's teeth, or solids sitting in her tummy (wil giver her food earlier today) but she was up most of the night . Well she woke at 2am but didn't feed until 3am, and then she was awake on and off until 7am. REALLy annoyed as I was awake the whole time. Not coping too well. I've heard babies can be really unsettled around 5 month mark. We've had it for 2 weeks now on and off and I hope it stops soon.
    gotta go, tilly back to school today and have to make her lunch.
    xoxo

Meg - I'm hearing you on the crappy night. Maddy slept from 9pm through til 1:30am. I don't even remember getting up to bring her to bed and feed her. I was then awake on and off from 4am through til 8:30am when I finally got up.

Sorry to hear that Coco had an akward night....I guess with babies you can never totally relax even when they get into a good sleep pattern. Just about anything can wake them up or give them a rough night. I hope that tonight brings a better sleep for all of you.

Sarajo - MMMMmmmmmm....sushi! I'm fussy - I only eat the chicken sushi (I don't like seafood) but I've made John promise he'll take me to the local sushi train. *L* I think you sound like you've thought the ear-piercing thing out. Everyone is going to have a different opinion, so don't let anyone make you feel bad about your choice. You're Abby's parents and you obviously adore your daughter and it's hardly Chinese water torture.

I've been slaughtered by another cold/flu. Maddy is doing ok on her Demazin but I feel like I've been run over by a bus. Might have to visit the chemist when I take Maddy back to the doctors today.

The rash on Maddy's chest is fortunately not eszcema....I had a minor freak-out when the Dr brought it up, but he only mentioned it to find out if we had a family history of it. There is next to none of this in our family - John gets something similiar on his hands but it's stress related.

*LOL* Just put Maddy down for her nap about 5mins ago and realised she wasn't crying. Normally the crying starts about 2 seconds after I leave the room when she realises it's not a game and it's time for a nap. (I turn the light off and turn on the light'n'sounds toy so she recognises it's sleep time).

Was wondering why she wasn't crying so I just snuck up to the door. Missy is on her tummy with her back arched right up; looking around the room for Mummy. Little cheeky chicken. hehehe :smt016

Cute Beck!! At least she's happy in her cot now, that's great!! I let Coco lie in her cot at 4am this morn. normally I wouldn't because of noise, but I was just so over it today. Anyway, she settled herself a few times, in between the talking (so suprised Tilly slept through it) and I think I'll have to do that from now on. I know I won't sleep through it, but just getting up and down is driving me nuts!! At least if they're happy in their cot, that's something!
    meanwhile, she's had a two hour sleep thismorn, still asleep and it's nearly midday.
    Sarajo, I agree with beck, you do what you want, you're obviously wonderful parents, and I can see Abby with earrings!!!
    Beck, maybe you should consider flu shot, seriously great thing!!
    YIPEE, just rang my doc adn he's given Coco's liver the all clear!!!!!!!!!! 5 MONTHS on and we can forget about the jaundice/liver prob. Im relieved!!
    xoxo

WTG on the liver Coco! What a relief for you & Tim Meg!

VENT - :fuming: - Maddy has just gone off to sleep and goddamn lawn mowing people have turned up! It doesn't seem to matter what time of the day I put her down for a nap....it's like they've got intuition when she is going to be needing a sleep so they turn up and get their 2 whipper-snippers going at the same time! GRRRRRRRRR.......

I doubt she is going to sleep through this which means she's gonna be cranking and irritable for the doctors at 3pm! ](*,) ](*,)

YAY Coco's liver! Woohoo, great news meg!

Poor Beck, I hope you are feeling better soon! Nasty colds! I got the flu shot and have been rather healthy since, except the mastitis off and on!

Thanks for your support on the earring thing. I was seriously worried that I would get it done and then post a pic and really about what a terrible mother I am! My mom is not supportive, and neither is my sister, but I really want to get it done. It helps to have some support, thanks girls!

Beck, how dare the lawn mowers! I would go right up to them with a big sign saying "baby finally asleep so shut it!" lol! I hope maddy slept through it!

have a great night!

Beck, i was JUST thinking today that I wonder if anyone has the lawn mowers going!! That's because we had leaf blower here this morning (he's here every tuesday) and I was glad for once Coco wasnt' due for a sleep at that time. CAn't believe you've got the lawn mowers. NIGHTMARE. Did Maddy sleep through? I hope so.
    Gotta go, Im walking to school to get Tilly, hoping Coco will sleep in HAB. She slept for 2.5 hours this morn so not sure if she'll be tired or not.
    talk soon xoxo

me again! I put a couple of pics up the other day.
    Also Im getting Coco christened this sunday. it's going to be joint with my neice Zara. I have Tilly's old christening dress all dry cleaned ready to go! Looking forward to it!
    xo

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast