Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #7

How did you guys get on here? I haven't been able to get on until now!!
    Well, our wonderful sleeping routine is out the window and Coco will NOT settle at all now. I have decided maybe she needs more fluids to deal with her solids, so since 4pm today I've been giving her breast, water, prune juice and formula!! Poor baby is FULL. Our nights have been so awful, I just hope maybe it was that she needed more to drink. She just GUZZLED the water and breastmilk.
    Going to check out Abbys pics, that is soooo funny that she fell asleep in her jumper!! At least you know how to wear her out!!
    It doesn't snow where I am, but does snow a couple of hours away. I havent' been to the "proper" snow in ages (about 6 hour drive) but we used to ski every year. I'd love to spend a year in UK and have a white christmas! Wehn I lived there, the chrissy I was there had very little snow.
    Gotta run, Mel, good luck with the sleeping, Beck has done a brilliant job. If coco doesn't sleep properly again and I rule out all reasons, I will be doing the letting her cry. It's just such a pain because we did all that months ago, and she adjusted sooo quickly. Oh well, the ups and downs of bubba's!! xoxoxoox

Awwww Meg....I'm sorry to hear that Coco won't settle for you. I truly hope that it's just a super-short 'stage' and she goes back into a nice settling pattern for you soon.

Wish I had some suggestions; but every bub is different so what works for Maddy definately won't necessarily work for any other bubby. It's good that you're trying to rule out the 'easy' reasons first to do with food/drink.

A big thing for settling Maddy during the day is that she gets put in her cot, I tuck in a light wrap over her, kiss her on her forehead and say 'Mummy loves you and I'll see you when you wake up from your nap' and then turn her lights'n'sounds toy. She knows then (and certainly doesn't appreciate it) that Mummy means it and it's time for a sleep.

Well Coco settled REALLY well last night, 5 minutes. She still woke a couple of times and it was hard to get her back to sleep, but she only fed at 4.45am, so that's good. And I put her down for her sleep this morn and she settled straight away, YIPEE. Hoping she sleeps past half an hour! Im making stewed apple at the moment, Im going to give her her first real food today!! (rice cereal is too boring, I'll mix it in with it)> I also think she needs fruit for her bowel!!
    Will let you know how we go, it's rather exciting!! Tilly has been helping me feed her each day, but Im going to do this by myself, it's quite nice having a special time just me and Coco (has been hard for last few weeks with both tim and tilly home)!!
    Hope everyone slept well !
    Beck, I do a similar settling routine. I wrap her (yes we gave up on grobag) say goodnight love you, and then put on her heart beat music and in to bed!!! xo

Is this working yet? *L*

Yay....love the new format!

Nothing much happening today; John & I have just been talking about our options with his parent's house (which we currently housesit) and also about an entrapenuer (or however you spell it) idea I've come up with. Not even sure of the process you're supposed to take... *LOL*

hi everyone..omg it has been such a long time since i have been on belly belly!! i have been so side tracked with things on this end that i haven't had time to think!!I hope you're all well, have just had a quick look at your babes..they are all absolutely gorgeous!!and so grown up!!!We are going well.Owen is getting big now(8kg & 68cm!!) and is loving solids!!I've got a new website for him its: http://users.tpg.com.au/104176/ we haven't updated it for a few weeks, but will be soon.

I hope you're all well, have been thinking of you all but have just been having a rough trot. Look forward to getting in contact again!!

Christie xx

Hey Christie! Nice to hear from you and see little Owen again! He is so cute and getting so big!

Beck, have fun! What kind of entrepreneur?

Meg so haapy Coco got settled better!

Do you all have high chairs? Where do you sit the babies for a feed?

Abby is waking, I better go feed her! We start oatmeal Sunday!

Meg too exciting about the fruit! I have been warned from my doc that adding fruits to cereal may make them always want the sweetness and not take veggies and plain cereal as well. Just fyi. I dont know if I believe it or not~!

Y'all have a great day!

CHRISTIE!! Welcome Back, we have missed you adn been wondering where you've gotten to. Owen is gorgeous and has grown so much!! What have you been up to?
    Sarajo, thanks for the tip, but Im not too concerned about starting fruit or veg first. As it turns out the apple was so bitter she wouldn't eat it! We're on to sweet potato today! I think I'll find that I will give her whatever she'll eat. She loves the cereal but I have a feeling she is going to be hard to please with anything else!! ALso I started Tilly with fruit and she ended up being a brilliant vegie eater!
    Beck, what are your entrepreneurial plans??? (sorry, bad spelling).
    Isn't it tragic about poor little Sophie. (Sarajo, a few years ago there was an accident and a car ran into a child care centre. Two little girls were seriously injured. ANyway 3 years later they're onn the road to recovery and yesterday one of them was hit by a car). I've just had a look and they think she will pull through. The poor little girl and her poor family. I can't comprehend their pain.
    Anyway, gotta run, it's madness in this house and it's only 7.45am xoxo

hey Im a teenrager!!

Hi Meg and Sarajo!!Am so glad to be back!!I missed you guys too!!

Just a quick question re:new layout..what does the title mean...'teen rager', 'toddler' all of those??am clueless!!

Ben and i have been having a few dramas so have been really sidetracked trying to get back on track(he was having a bit of an online/sms 'thing' with an old friend of his..and i found out, was pretty heartbroken but is def improving now..been seeing a counsellor etc)so i have pretty much just thrown myself into taking care of Owen..he's been really great!!he's been on rice cereal for 4 weeks now and had pear every morning last week. Started apple yesterday and he loves it..next week veges!!!He sits up in his high chair for it and even 'helps' by holding onto the spoon!!its so cute!!he just seems to grow more every day!!(well he probably does..he put on 1.05kg and grew 2.5cm this mth!!)

I can't believe what has happened to Sophie!!That poor little babe has been through enough surely!!Am definately thinking of her and her family..if she pulls thru this she surely has a guardian angel!!

have a great day all
    xx

Christie, there wasnt' enough space on the other belly belly site?? So this is the new one! only got changed yesterday!! Toddler, teenrager etc is just how many posts you've done. Can you tell I've done HEAPS!!
    Sorry to hear about you and Ben. I am glad things are getting better. What a ****! (sorry, but men can just be so useless). I hope he realises how lucky he is to have you and Owen.
    We've started solids too. Coco hated apple, so we're going for sweet potato today!!
    Sarajo, I just feed Coco in her rocker. Unfortunately we have no room in our unit for a high chair, but even if we did, I wouldn't be using it until she was able to sit up properly (she cant even sit up for too long in her pram, so she'd have no hope in a high chair). maybe about 7 months I'll think about it, when it starts to get alot messier and she wants to use a spoon!!

Glad to see you back Christie!
    Wow Owen is really growing well! He's so cute
    Sorry to hear about the dramas going on, but glad things are improving a little.

Wow, poor Sophie! My heart goes out to her and her family.

Logan is doing well, he is 7.8kgs & 69.5cms. I think/hope his teeth will come through soon. I can see and feel two bottom middle teeth through his gums. He is so upset by it, had another night filled with screaming last night. He slept better last night though. Went from 9:30 - 2:30 then 3 - 4:15 & 4:45 - 6:45.

Have a good day everyone

Forum Name:Renee Elizabeth
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB: 12/12/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3590- Length -51 Head Circ -42
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Marnie Elizabeth
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 8 days overdue - induced by gel/drip/waters broken, Emergency caesarean after 24 hours labour.

Welcome Renee! So glad to have a new Mummy & bubby in our midst. Marnie sounds like a precious little bubba. Hope you're having a smooth ride in motherhood.

Meg - I know what you mean about the highchair. I've tried Maddy in a few because she loves being involved at the table IYKWIM, but she tends to slide downwards....I have to make sure she's strapped in between the legs otherwise she'd go shooting out the bottom! *LOL* Sorry to hear that Coco didn't like pureed apples. Good luck with the sweet potato.

Christie - WELCOME BACK! Owen is such a little cutie...my older brother's name is Owen so it's so nice to see an 'old time' name come back into fashion. Love his little smiles. Sorry to hear of your troubles with Ben....I agree with Meg....men can be so oblivious and selfish sometimes. Hope you're doing ok....feel free to vent to us if you need to!

Melly - Poor little Logan with those nasty little toothypegs coming through. I hope they cut soon so you can all get a better night sleep soon. Teething is such nasty business.

Sara - how's little Abby going?

Our business idea? Basically it involves putting baby-orientated vending machines into parent rooms at major shopping centres/airports/hospitals. New mummies sometimes forget things and I know I would have happily used one of these yesterday when I stupidly left my nappy bag at home. We're hoping to research further and look around for some financial backing. Just things like single/2-pack nappies (we're hoping for Huggies so we can offer the different sizes and for the two genders), mini-packs of wipes, disposable bibs etc.

I mentioned it to some girls I met in the parent's room yesterday and all thought it was a good idea...there is always SOMETHING you forget when you leave home.

Better go...we were late getting home from the shops this morning and it's 2hrs later than we'd normally put Maddy down for a sleep. She's rioting in her cot right now. We bought her a sippy cup this morning...she loves it!

Oh, I just don't know what's wrong. Coco has woken up after only 40 mins of sleep (7.40pm) and I just don't know why. It's never happened before, guess it's just part of our nights getting worse and worse. I can't see teeth, I thought she was teething, but really I have no idea what's going on. It's quite depressing really.
    Anyway, she's screaming now, better go and do something. (don't know what). Beck, what are you putting in Maddy's cup? Just water? I've got one in the cupboard, says to start at 6mths.
    by the way, I love your business idea.
    have a good sleep all xoxo

YAY New forum! Seems to be a bit slow at my end though..... maybe its still being worked out. Atleast I hope thats why it seems slow

OK Im only here for a minute BUT can someone tell me if you click on "Jasmine" in my signature does it take you to her webpage? Im just not sure if I used the right address cos I can always see it because Im the page owner IYKWIM? Please. Thanks

Sleep vibes to all Hope you are all well

I see the pink is easier to do, but its just not MY pink. I love my particular shade of pink what to do, what to do

Omg Christie!!!! Welcome back

Renee, welcome!!!

Will catch up soon! I have a face mask on atm and its starting to crack LOL

Just a message to say I am still around. I don't get on much these days but when I can I only have time to read posts.

Torin and Siobhan have started rolling, so we will have to go and buy another cot soon (they are still sharing). Other than that no news my end.

Hope you are all well.

Clare

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast