Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #8

Rach, did you mean within the hour of giving a breast or bottle feed? I don't think there's any rule about it. The reason is they still need milk as main feed, but I find Coco eats solids regardless of her milk feed, and if she has a milk feed at say 3.30pm, and I want to feed her solids at 5pm, i won't give more milk. As long as you're still milk feeding about 5 times throughout the day it's ok. Actually they recommed 4-6 milk feeds once they start on solids. (not alot different from what Im on now). Is that what you meant? I could've totally gone off topic there.
    I got a brochure today (heinz) and it basically says that when giving three solids meals it's like this: Wake breast'/bottle,
    Breakfast of rice cereal
    mid morning : breast or bottle
    early arvo: lunch and breast/bottle
    early evening dinner and breast/bottle
    and if you want a later bottle/breast feed.
    So this is working on 5 milk feeds. When you're just feeding solids once or twice, I say just fit them in when you can (we're doing 9am ish and 5pm ish)! So she will have 2 milk feeds in between.
    REally sorry if I am boring or have just given a whole load of info that is irrelevant!!
    Mel, sounds like you're so busy, that's great! Good on you for doing a course, very impressing!! Sounds like a good course too!
    Sarajo, loved the video, very cute!!! I loved hearing your voice!!
    School pick up time, talk later xoxxo

Hello Ladies,
    I asked if I could join your thread and then I go missing in action...
    I have been at my local hospital learning how to get my 5 month old DS (Jett) to sleep unassisted...
    They did the whole controlled crying thing....Very hard..
    It is starting to work, I haven't rocked him to sleep since last Monday (my back and shoulders feel great), After rocking him for 4 months it is fantastic
    He is sleeping through at night and getting larger blocks of sleep during the day, bless the hosptail..
    Has anyone got any advice on nhow to put a nappy on an baby who always wants to roll at change time??? hahah

Danielle, Glad you have managed to get Jett to sleep unassisted.
    I don't really have much advice on the rolling at change time. I usually give Logan something to play with, so it distracts him for a moment, but if he is determined to roll, he'll just hold the toy and roll. He also pushes with his legs so he either moves up the change mat or lifts his bum off the nappy when I am trying to get it done up.

Hey Melinda,
    I so know what you are talking about Jett has started lifting his bum and pushing himself up too..
    It makes it really hard to get the nappy on his butt...
    He hasn't started rolling yet, but he always tries to roll in the bath or on the change table instead of on his playmat, why is that??? (only a baby can tell us that one)

Danielle, have you got a cot mobile? The MCHN suggested I moved it from over the cot to over the change table instead. It's a 'Winnie the Pooh' musical mobile so it's a bit overstimulating with all of the colours when I'm trying to get her to sleep; but fantastic when over the change table to distract her when I'm changing her nappy or clothes.

Well ladies, it looks like DH will be looking for another job. He'll find out tomorrow if they'll give him the pay rise but his boss was playing the whole 'poor financial situation of the company' card. I guess I'm gonna be helping him find a new job - in fact he's even looking into joining the police force atm.

Have a fantastic night ladies!

Hey Bec,
    YES, the mobile is gone... he looks at everyhting so his cot is baron, nothing as far as the eye can see.....
    When I was in Hospital getting the whole sleep thing under control they told me to wrap him in a cot sheet, that is working a treat.. He kept getting out of his cotton wrap. I also put his blue dog that he plays with beside him (was a litlle worried about sids, but now I am cool with it cause he will move his face away if he can't breath, I made sure)
    Now when he goes to bed I wrap him put him in beside his Mr Blue and put his dummy in and walk away, This method has only failed once since Monday.. I am one happy Mummy
    After 4 months of rocking and patting every hour through the night I am wrapped.
    It was good to learn how to do this in a controlled enviroment like the hospital I recommend it to anyone out there having sleeping issue.

Beck yay for your brothers! I used to be a CAD designer! I loved doing that, but my new carreer as mom took over! Maybe some day I will go back! The thing is I will probably have to go back to school seeing as how software changes so often! I hope they give your DH a raise! Looking for a new job is no fun!

Dani, nice to have you back! Abby tries to look over and turn half way while getting her nappie changed. I just make lots of noises and talk to her so she will look at me instead!

Melly, let me know how Logan does in swim class! What did they do? I am having Abby in swim class in a couple of weeks also and I would like to know what to look forward to!

Rach I also heard it was important to give a bottle or breast within an hour of solids, but I think it is just because solids make them a bit thirsty. Not sure! I give Abby her solids, only once a day at this point, at 10:30am and her milk at 11:00. She usually only takes 60 ml at that feed and I wont force more. she then goes another 3 hours before wanting fed again!

Meg glad you liked the video! It was pathetic, wasnt it!

If anyone else wants to see it, private post me your email and I will send it to you! My poor Abby did not like her cereal that day!

I hope you all have a nice day! Abby just does not want to go down for her morning nap! I better go!

Rach, I give Coco water after a feed, just to get the food down. Mind you as of today Im cutting out one of her solid feeds, we're just going to hvae one at breakfast. She did her worst night ever and was up from 2am (had half an hour since). I think she needed to poo, so Im cutting out the night solids for now.
    Dani, good on you for doing the sleep school thing. If Coco has not improved by 6 months, i will be booking in for sure, I can't handle this no sleep for much longer.
    Hope everyone has a good day xoxo

Man I cant wait for these teeth to cut through! I cant even feel bumps, but Abby bites on everything and is cranky when doing so! Any suggestions on how to ease her pain?

Sarajo.....try cold things for her to chomp down on. Maddy's been having a squeal this morning over her so far non-appearing teeth. HTHs.

the teething just goes on FOREVER. It'sbeen 3 weeks that I think Coco's been teething, but still nothing. We swear by bonjela (Sarajo, it's a gel that numbs their gums, i use it often). Im so confused now as to whether her teeth upset her or her tummy, or both!! Very confusing.
    Feeling very guilty, sent tilly off to tennis again with no raincoat or umbrella and it's raining. I just hope he took them to school early and they've missed the rain. Poor child.
    Trying to get coco to sleep after her shocker night. I just fed her and she wouldn't have a bar of apple or pear, HATES them both! So she had pumpkin and sweet potato for breakky!! If she keeps that up I'll be happy, especially since tilly hates vegies!!!
    have a good day xoxo

Hey Sarajo,
    Teething is arrrhh!!!
    I have tried face washes put in the freezer, they are nice and cold and eay for them to hold..
    When I was at the hospital they put bread crusts in the freezer which worked really well.
    I give Jett soft toys and teething rusks..
    I have also got a thing called a gummy dummy not sure if you can buy them oversea's if you can't let me know and I can post one over for you. It is funny when they use it for the first time cause they suck on it instead of chewing..
    Betta go Jett is in there chatting away to himself, think he wants to get up it is 9:45am about time he got up..

Hmmm...I wonder whether teething rusks are ok for a baby who isnt on solids yet?

Thanks for the suggestions! I have a teether with a mesh bag attached, and I just put an ice cube in it and Abby LOVED it! You can put frozen food in it too, it that a teething rusk? I think I will try the face washers next! Do you get them nice and wet first?

Hi everyone!!

Just quickly for now, on the way out but I started Jasmine on rice cereal yesterday. I was going to start on my birthday in a few weeks but I noticed she stopped 'pushing' and so I tried it. It went very well. I wasnt exactly sure how much she was supposed to eat but she had a little bit (pulled some funny faces) and then drank 3/4 of her bottle afterwards. Is this right? Is there like a set amount theyre supposed to have?

Since I gave her solids in the afternoon I also gave her a teething rusk around 6pm (thats when she gets to be a bit antsy) and she went totally nuts over that. I think mainly because she could hold it herself, but omg I definitely wont be leaving the room while she has them lol I think she was trying to see how far she could get it down at one stage! The box says 6 months, is it ok now or should I have not given it to her? Her teeth didnt break through it, they sort of just scraped parts of the rusk off IYKWIM?

Hope everyone is well

I will be back later on and not be so rude!

He girls,
    just a quick one, if Jett has chucked up a whole feed would you give it to him again, the hospital said no cause he did the same thin while he was in there but I am feeling that he would be still hungry so I am not sure, any advice would be great??

RIGHT THATíS IT GUYS I AM NOT USING WORD ANYMORE!!

I caught up with all of you, I was very proud of my long post!!

So now tis will be a very quick one!!

Meg thankyou so very much for all your advice on solids.

Danielle Welcome!!

Mel You sound so busy, go for it girl!!

Beck will be thinking of your hubby hope he gets that pay rise!

Sarajo hope you are doing ok?

Gotta run Hannah judtwoke up

WOW,
    I have been reading all of the old post and Jett is way behind, I tried on solids but my MCHN pushed and really made it clear to wait until 6 months..
    The reason that I started was because of the sleeping issues we had, I thought soilds might fix it... (It didn't)
    Now that I hear all of U ladies are having no troubles I might try it again..
    Should I start on dinner or breaky that is the question..
    No books ever help you with how to start solids?? what order how to drop a feed...
    Do you think juice is okay to try in a cup, he loves sweet stuff, did try with water last night but he was keen, any idea's,
    Anyway betta go I have a christening/6ht & 2nd birthday to go to on mother's day and also my best friends 25th birthday, she was there when Jett was about to enter this world but couldn't come as I had an emergancy C-section...
    She is now going to have a baby of her own, I am so wrapped for her and her DH..
    I have to go and get all of the presents today...
    I will be eating baked beans for the next week....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast