Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #8

Hi yall! It feels like it has been ages since I have been on, but it has only been a couple of days! I have a lot of posts to catch up on!

Sweet potatoes were a huge success! Yummy yummy!
    Tomorrow we'll try peas I think!

Dani, you poor thing, going through so much! I hope the meds help with your PND. You are a great mother, it shows in Jetts smile!

I was happy to hear coco finally had a poo! Yay Coco! lol

Beck I hope Maddy has a less clingy day today! Abby is clingy every couple of days too...just wont let me get ANYTHING done!

Rach glad to hear Hannah is doing a little better, I hope it continues to improve!

Kate thanks for your email...I sent you the Abby video! Hope you are well!

Mothers day was wonderful! We went out the night before for some dinner and dancing, and they had a live band that played "my girl" for Abby! Then on mothers day don made breakfast and then we went and got Abbys ears pierced! She cried for maybe 20 seconds! What a bigh brave girl!! I cant wait to show yall pics! I;ll let you know when I put them on her site! Then I got a haircut and watched survivor. IT was a wonderful stress free day!

Well, gotta run, lunch is beepin! I hope I didnt miss anyone!

Oh is Leanne going back to work so we can chat with her again?

Wow, I can't believe it's almost time for Leanne to go back to work. Where has the time gone? Maybe she'll decide not to? Was she having 6 months off?
    Absolute crappola night. Coco was awake on and off from 11pm and was up for at least half the night. I am absolutely exhausted and not feeling very happy today!!
    Dani, sorry to hear about your PND. There were a few people concerned for me as I have had depression before, but I think Im doing ok. I am up and down but I think that comes with the territory. If I slept better I am so sure I'd be happier!! Mind you, Im doing ok considering we're stuck in a matchbox of a house with four of us, and hubby and I swap beds EVERY night doing shifts. It sux.
    Anyway, Im glad you've got support here, belly belly is great for that! Good on you for being pro active, and Sarajo right, Jett looks so happy so you are doing alot right!!
    I am too tired to think. Better go. Hope everyone had a good sleep. Better than ours anyway. I am taking Coco off rice cereal, Im sure it's clogging her up. xoxoxo

Poor Coco is constipated. So much for the poo!! I have found a great website and it has advised to cut out the cereal, which is exactly what I had planned to do from today. It said to increase the fruit and veg, so I will be giving her a big dinner of pumpkin, sweet pot and zuchinni. She had that last night and loved it. Just won't be giving her breakky for a few days, poor sausage. She did one tiny pelet today and was awake grunting half the night. At least I know what to do now.
    I am wary of trying sugar in water, so will see how we go with no cereal. I also give her lots of prune juice. Think I'll buy some pear and banana in the tin today for lunch.
    hope eveeryone's going well. Beck, how did Maddy go last night?
    l

Hi Ladies,
    Hope everyone had an okay night last night...
    I think that the sweet potato is a hit for all babies, I made up a batch of it last night (I freeze a weeks worth of it which saves me from doing it every night, which is great if a am running out of time and Jett is hungry). I think I will try the sweet potato for 2 weeks and then add something else to it. Any suggestions???

Hey Meg,
    Poor Coco!!!
    Try the brown sugar,
    I swear by it, you will see results and it isn't harmful for them...

Hey ladies...we had a relatively good night. If Id gone to bed when Maddy did at 9:30pm, it would have been even better! She slept until 3am and then nuzzled around at the boob for a couple of hours just grazing. Put her on her belly beside me when DH left at 6:30am ands fell asleep. Woke back up an hour later when DH rang from work needing me to FTP some documents tyo his work computer.

Sorry to hear about your rough night with Coco, Meg and that she is constipated. I truly hope that taking out the rice cereal helps the situation! You are handling the situation with the unit, no space and little sleep SO well!

You are very organised there Dani! How's the operation scar healing? Im not sure about Maddy & sweet potato as she's not on solids yet but I guess she got it 2nd-hand cause my sweet potato & spinach frittata was sooooo yummy! *L* Have you tried Jett with pumpkin yet?

Sarajo, cant wait to see photos of little Abby with her ears pierced. Glad to hear she didnt scream or cry for very long at all Sounds like you also had a lovely relaxed Mothers Day, just like you deserve. What else is happening in your neck of the woods?

Tiggy, I am so impressed with your strength. Its hard enough having one baby at time and trying to deal with the resulting emotions & hormones on top of being so busy being a mother and a wife. But to have other kids & the newest being twins is so tough! WTG on being so proactive with dealing with your feelings and PND. The twins are sssooo gorgeous!

Rach, we'd LOVE to catch up with you when you're in Brisbane. Maybe we can organise another Qld meet-up then so you can meet some more of the troops! Hope you & Hannah had a good night last night.

Not sure about Leanne...Im probably wrong but I thought she quit her job? Again, Im probably wrong! Maybe someone can SMS her and find out how she and Drew are going.

Also thinking of you Clare, Melly, Kate & Jillian!
    Last edited by Beckibee; May 17th, 2006 at 10:33 AM.

tiggy Guest

Thanks Bec ! You brought a smile to my face and lifeted my spirits!

Beck, you're right, she did quit. My baby brain is a shocker. Wish she'd get a computer!!!
    Tiggy, I totally agree with Beck, you're AMAZING!!! I am inspired by what you do, I barely cope with two!!
    Dani, we went from sweet potato after three days to sweet potato and pumpkin, and now I also add zuchinni. You could try pumpkin by itself for a day or two, then mix them together. I figured Coco was getting bored.
    Beck, glad you had a reasonable night. It's always the way though, if you don't go to bed when they do, they will wake up earlier!! I try to get to bed at 8pm (I know very sad) but after last nights effort, it's the only way I can cope.
    I have written out teh routine I mentioned and emailed it to KAte, Beck and Sarajo. I don't have anyone else's emails, so if you want a copy, just message me. It's more just some ideas for when bubs are on 3 meals, as when to feed and how much milk etc. I will not follow it (will get ideas from it though) and it's useful to refer to. Would love to be able to have ANY routine, but for all of us, there is alife outside of the home and we cant' be home 24 hours to settle and feed etc .
    Coco is doing another marathon sleep this morning. Why can't she do it at night instead!!!

Can Maddy please have some of Coco's sleep vibes? After no daytime sleeps yesterday and a better than average night; I'm praying she'll go down for a nap today. Where has my good daytime sleeper gone? She was SO cranky yesterday and so clingy when John got home work, he didn't want a bar of him. When he was holding her so I could inhale dinner she kept reaching for me and god forbid I should go do the dishes...he had to bring her over to stand by me! Yikes...

No problem Tiggy...I just wanted you to know how amazing I think you are! My mother had 5 kids (I was 2nd eldest) and the youngest were twin boys. My parents separated for 6 months when the twinnies were 3 months old. I was only 7 at the time, but I remember how difficult it was for her to be everything everyone expected her to be.

Meg, thanks for the email! As soon as Maddy turns 6 months, I'll be starting her on rice cereal (I have two boxes) and then I'll start introducing vegetables with fruit last. I'm gonna stock up on ice trays so whenever I cook vegies, I'll do it like Dani has and make a few days' worth. Then I can just pop out a few cubes of frozen vegies and defrost in the microwave. (Just like those Mother's Choice vegie cubes which they charge like $7 for a box of!)

Well Maddy's still not asleep but at least I've done my 10kms on the bike!

Oh for god's sake...they're going on about Britney Spears endangering Sean Preston by driving with him facing forwards. Now Maddy is almost 5 months and about 6.5kgs; according to my carseat I 'could' face her forwards from 8kgs onwards. Sean is 8 months old; and yes, it is preferable to face your baby backwards as long as possible but give the girl a break! (I will point out the photo proof looks scarey as he is slumped forward asleep in his seat)

P.S - Thank GOD, she's finally put her head down on her blanket and is drifting off to sleep. Now if the phone would just NOT ring for three hours that would be great!

Hi guys,just a quick catch up! I did a long post this morning and for some reason it didnt post.

Tiggy I am in line with Both Beck and Meg, I think you are amazing!!!!

Beck, Cool on Maddy's better night.I am finding i am not sleeping that great the last couple of night because i am just waiting for Hannah to wake up!! Hannah only woke up at 3.00 and then at 7.15. How did it go with the builder??

Meg, here's hoping that taking out the rice cereal out of Coco's diet will help!! I will message you with my email add. Here's hoping for a better night!!!

Dani glad to hear that Jett is loving his food. Hope you are feeling well?

Hannah has just gone to sleep so i have to use my 45minsto go and get ready to go to mothers group..

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Meg Not sure how to find you email add.?

We'll see you when you get back from Mother's group Rach, hope you have fun!

The builder went well...really nice guy (really hot actually! *L*) and very friendly and open about everything. We emailed him the draft plan of the layout so we should get a quote in the next few weeks. We have another guy coming tomorrow afternoon at 4:30pm.

Grrrrrr @ John's work. They've put him off since Friday about discussing his very much needed pay rise. Now they've finally got back to him and said they're 'considering' it but won't be able to confirm until 31st July AFTER the program John's been working on has launched. If it brings in work they'll give it to him. But basically, they haven't offered or guaranteed him ANY pay rise. So we could be sitting here at the start of August in exactly the same money situation; plus we won't be going to NZ now because we can't afford it. *sigh* I don't mind too much about the trip but still.... Honestly, I just want him to leave and get a well paying job.

Ooohhh...I have 1 bidder so far on my big box of 000 clothing from Maddy. Starting price was $30 (plus postage) so at least I can afford to buy her something new from Pumpkin Patch for winter! (I'm hoping a few people get stuck into it and the price goes up!)

Beck, you're so good with your ebay! I should do that!!
    I freeze vegies too (in my tiny freezer), did a heap of pumpkin sweet pot yesterday and also have frozen apple.Just went shopping and popped into woollies and got Coco a jar of pear/banana and she loved it!!! Wow, what asuprise.
    Rach, do you click on my name and then you can find a way to send me a message? Maybe Kate or Beck will know.
    coco is napping in the pram, better stop typing or I'll wake her xo

Have tried to add my email, no idea how to do it. Can anyone help??

Meg, under your user profile at the top of the page there is an option down the left-hand side to 'Edit options'. You can then click a little box to allow members to email you. Hopefully your email will show then when someone clicks on your user name on one of your posts. Hope that makes sense.

Edited to add: I have clicked that box myself but cannot see my email address either. Maybe that's for platinum members only!
    Last edited by Beckibee; May 17th, 2006 at 02:51 PM.

Sarajo has it, maybe we should ask her! Sarajo...HELP!! How do we add our email address!!
    Gotta run, lately Coco is taking ages to settle at night.
    Im also feeling that mastitis may be coming on. My boob is in agony, just when I thought Im past all that stuff. OUCH xoxo

Hi guys!!! Sleep vibes to all!!

Just thought i say hi, gotta go and start Hannah's bath!!

Catch up with you all maybe later or in the morning!!!!!

Hey guys I started Hannah on potato this morning and the face expressions were priceless, going to add pumpkin in a couple of days. Guys when you started solids did you start off with cereal in the morning and then veggies at night or fruit. I got a tip of a friend; she said to give a NEW food during the day, just to watch for reactions. So today I gave Hannah potato in the morning and then cereal at night. I canít get my head around; I keep thinking cereal/ fruit for breakfast and veggies for dinner, whatever I have just crapped on about nothing, sorry guys!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hmmm, meg, I dont know! I just did the options thing Beck was talking about to get my email to be available!

Hey Rach! lol at the funny Hannah and potato! Abby tried peas today and LOVED them! I really didnt think she would! She eats veggies mid morning (so I can watch for any reactions). She gets cereal in her milk, so I dont give her any additional by spoon anymore!

Awe, poor MEG!!! I know how you feel! That sux! CAn you call your doctor?

I love Maddy's and Coco's new ticker pics! How adorable!

Good job on Ebay Beck! I am packing away all of Abby's little clothes just in case I have another girl. Watch me have all boys after this just because I am being a pack rat! lol!

OH I added a couple earring pics to abbys photo gallery! the pics that show it are the last 4 or so!

Hey girls,
    Just letting you know that if you are going to post another post straight after a previous one you have just posted (within a couple of minutes), can you please go and edit it into the first post, instead of posting again. I have just been through and had to merge heaps of these together.
    This is to save forum space, and also means the Mods dont have to lock and reopen threads so frequently if there aren't so many little 'add on' posts being added.
    Hope that makes sense!
    Thanks

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast