Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006

Default Babies Born December 2006

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in December 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:31 PM.

Hello????? Anyone else typing one handed??

hhehehe... will have to pop in & see how you are going, just looking for you around anyway Great to see you back on!

hi Fi just thought i would come in a say hi as you seem a little lonely!!! you know your welcome to join in november babies if you want to talk!! cant have you all alone in here can we!! hope hamish is well, have a great christmas with your family.

Hey Fi, nothing like the other baby buddy group when they were all first born. Well, actually it's stil pretty chatty

Hope you and Hamish are going well sweety and that Jenna is loving her new baby brother

Thanks guys I feel so much more spec now that you have come in to check on me.
    I've finally bathes Hamish for the first time. He was sooo placid through it all, I think this is a very different creature from Jenna, which is nice PHEW!!
    Jenna is well, she's a big tantrumish, but I think thats also to do with the heat, and the fact her dad has been around so much more. PLus all the trips to Grumps' where there are lollies!
    OMG - Xmas Day is going to be insane...... INSANE I say!!

As for Hamish - well he's eating well, sleeping well, pooing really well and just being delightful. no doubt all will change in a day or two

Fi, great to hear that Hamish is going well. Jenna is only reacting the way most little ones will when a new baby comes into the house. It's will probably take her a while to realise that Hamish is here to stay too.

So is Hamish getting Chrissy presents too ?? Did you end up getting Jenna's pic done of the man in red. I can't remember.

Take care hun and have an awesome christmas.

YAY for Hamish going so well!!! Thats fantastic.... LOL at the tantrums, hopefully they will settle soon, maybe in a week

Argh - bad night last night. I think he slept too soundly during the day, but its OK. I still feel remotely human today, and at least Jenna has got sleeping through down to a fine art. Couldn't have happened at a better time.

We figure each week we will have 3 ordinary nights, 2 bad nights, and 2 great nights, so I guess last night was the bad night. Never mind - today is another day!

Hey I should join over here now I guess!

Noah had his 2 week check up today (he's actually 3 weeks old today, everything was thrown out by Christmas).

My giant now weighs 10lbs! (4.528kgs) & is 57cms long.
    His head circumference was 38cm
    He's gained 653gms in 11 days. or 938gms since we left the hospital.

Yikes!
    He has his one month check next Thursday, will be interesting to see if he's keeping pace!

Hope you've had a few more great nights since then Fi!

WOW Noah sounds like he is thriving!!

I haven't posted in a very long time, but I thought I'd come in and say hi, now I'm not so sick all the time lol

I had my son , Seth, on the 18th of December

Hi Ladies, I guess I should join in too!
    We had our Angel on Christmas morning!! 3 weeks early, but perfect in every way. I hate to say this but she has settled in well & has been sleeping through the night since she was 1 week old. (** ducking for cover** )

I should join here too. We had little Isabella on 20/12/06 via caesarian. She is beautiful and good most of the time!!!

Hey everyone!
    I didn't realise this was here. How is everyone doing? How are those babies going? Natalie and I are getting to know each other a bit more and I'm finally starting to relax a little. What a relief! The first week was just awful, but things have progressively gotten better.
    Hope you're all doing well.

Smile

Hi all,
    How are we all?? I thought i should join in here too i had a girl (Abigail) on the 14th of dec. Things are going ok she has a bit of reflux and still has her days and nights mixed up but slowly it's getting better missy 3 is loving having her little sister here she is like a little mother with her.
    hope everyone is well
    Mel

How is everyone coping with the heat? (I'm assuming it's hot pretty much everywhere - Sydney has had a couple of hot days lately...) It's really hard to know where to put Natalie and how to dress her. I almost feel bad for cuddling her while she's wrapped because she must be so hot, poor thing. We don't have air con
    Dave's cousin wrote on a card, 'get ready for your world to turn pink' when we had our baby girl. Sure enough, we have lots of generous friends and family who have given us gifts - I've never seen so many little pink outfits in my life! Do you get a similar thing with boys and blue?
    Today we spent time with our nephew and our friends' baby, both of whom are eight months old. They look so huge compared to my little baby! I can't wait until she's able to smile and play with me...

Hasn't it been hot? It's ridiculous!!
    Snacks, just dress Natalie in a singlet & nappy, & maybe don't wrap her up for cuddles, It sucks when it's so hot & you just want to cuddle, I've been putting a cloth nappy under Angel so she doesn't gey sweaty against my arm.
    We got so much blue stuff when Zaccie was born & then when Angel was born we said not all pink so we got a great variation of colours this time!! I love purple!!

How is everybody going? It's so quiet in here!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast