Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2006

Hi
    Thought I should join in here, Charly Jessica was born on 3 December (3 weeks early).
    Weight 2.5 kg (5lb 8oz)
    Length 49 cm

At her 6 week check up she was 3.65 kg and 54 cm. Diffently no problems BF.

She is now 7 weeks and I am enjoying the smiles. Everything is going well, just not sure when the housework will get done.

em.. Guest

hi ya, guess i should be joining here too..

dylan was born on the 21/12/06,
    weight, 8lbs, length 52cm, HCM 37cm

doing well, but would love more sleep..

liz

Hi all,

I'm new to BB, but not to motherhood. Gave birth to my little boy, by c-section, on the 1st of Dec 2006 weighing in at 2.345kg and measuring 46cm.

Have 3 other children.6 year old Boy/girl twins, and an almost 4 year old . All my babies have been littlies, nobody over 2.5 kilos.

Jay

Storm: Yup, the singlet and nappy have been the right choice. My cousin gave me lots of different coloured bonds singlets, and when I feel particularly motivated I have been using cloth nappies, so she still looks colourful and cute but is comfy Mind you, babies are such sweaty little creatures, aren't they? I feel so sorry for her but it doesn't seem to bother her overly much...
    Hi Jay, Liz and Charly's mum. Congrats on your December babies.
    Charly's mum: Pah, don't worry about the housework, I reckon. I guess I'm lucky - we have family close by who come to visit and do the dishes etc while they're here. I don't know how long it'll last, but I'm enjoying it for the moment! I'd accept any offers of help you can get. Aw, how lovely to be receiving lots of smiles. I can't wait until Natalie starts smiling.
    Liz: I hear you on the sleep thing. Does Dylan sleep ok at night or is he a bit of a party animal? When we first brought her home, Natalie's trick was to wake around 3am and stay awake until after 5am. Fortunately she's changed her pattern! Hope you're able to catch a few zzz's tonight.
    Jay: Welcome to BB! You'll be addicted soon

Smile

Hi
    I'm new to here as well but was reading a few things while I was preggies, but now my little girl is here I'm yearning to talk to other mothers!

Maya Olivia was born on 7th December weighing 5lbs 13oz, I was induced and Maya arrived 6 hours later, she is my first. Maya has got hip dysplasia (her hips could easily dislocate when the doctor moved them) and is wearing a splint at the moment, she has to have it on constantly for 10 weeks:frown: , next Monday it will be 7 weeks and boy am I counting them down!!!!! I can't bathe her which is horrible, I can only sponge bath her on her change table:frown: .........it amazes me how well she is coping with it, after being all bundled up in my belly and now with her little legs spread apart with this horrible bar. Are there any other parents who have had a child with this on here????

But other than the splint my little angel is a wonderful baby and she is giving us the most beautiful smilies lately which captivate us every time!!!!

I really look forward to getting to know you all and I know I will have questions, questions, questions!!!

Cheers
    Chon

Hi Chon, Welcome to BB and congrats on your December baby.
    Natalie is going to have an ultrasound on her hip at her 6 week check because it was a bit clicky. If there's a prob, she'll need the splint too. I don't know what it's like, so I know I can't say anything to make you feel better, but I do know that Maya will be heaps better off having it fixed up now while she's so little. I've heard that it's an absolute nightmare trying to fix it up when they are mobile. So hang in there, mate! Almost there - only three weeks of it to go! Imagine how special her first bath will be for you all... How exciting.

Hi again everyone,
    Well we've had a couple of pretty unsettled nights here. Natalie seems so very tired but she's still taking over half an hour to settle back to sleep, which is strange for her because at night she usually crashes right after the feed. She's been feeding more frequently in the early mornings and late evenings too - do you guys think it's possibly a growth spurt, or is it too early for that? (She's 5 weeks this week) Perhaps she's just changing her pattern to keep me on my toes...
    How is everyone else going? Are your babies doing well?

Hi snacks, I am glad they picked her hips up early, this way she doesnt really know what she is missing out on. Maya is a really happy baby too, she is coping so well.

Maya just went through a growth spurt a week ago. I was wondering why she wanted to feed so much between 7pm and 12.30am, sometimes to 2am till she went to sleep, I thought I had a little guts on my hands....LOL, she was also quite unsettled at night but I would finally get her to sleep and she would sleep till around 6.30am. It was becoming a bit stressful for us.

This week she's been great, she has gone back to having her 3-4 hour feeds with an occasional 'top up' in the evening just before bedtime which is between 11.30pm to 12.30am then she will have a bottle at around 6am, go back to sleep then another bottle at 10.30am.

Also everyone is commenting on her 'chubbiness' in the last couple of days:biggrin:

Hi girls. Typing one handed but doing anything to get back on BB. I was induced at 42 weeks (one does of gel) and Angus was born by c/s after 17 hours of hard labour. I wasfully dilated but his head wouldn't fit. He was 10 pounds 3!

Snacks - Angus has been feeding madly for about 10 days and is now not sleeping much. He's 7 weeks. I was stressing badly but after getting back on here today it seems to be common at this point. Still stressful but at least 'normal'.

Chon - I'm hoping we'll be back to a rhythm like Maya's soon. Going to mum's group this afternoon and having our MCH nurse appt too so we'll see how much he's grown!

I've been so busy, tired and overwhelmed since Angus was born that I haven't been on BB much but after feeling so much better reading stuff today I'll make a big effort so we can support one another here. I hope everyone's OK today.

em.. Guest

chon, i think dylan is going through the growth spurt at teh moment too, yesterday he practially fed all day, but finally settled last night, and then fed every 3.5hrs...
    my poor boobies jsut cant keep up..
    my sis said that they hve the spurts around 6, 12 weeks... so more to look forward to...
    sad to hear about the brace, but only a little longer, and much better now than later when mobile..

anyway D, just woken of to feed againb.'

liz

The last couple of days Maya has been having these short naps during the day, instead of a nice 2-3 hour sleep, (even an hour would be nice) she is having 10-30 minute naps. So I have time to do one task in the house before she starts crying for me again or wants company, so I am not getting too much done.

So nights are good but days are busy busy busy

:icon_question: Off topic question; what are the little pimples at the side of the nostril caused by???? Maya has had a little cluster of pimples there for about 5 days now.........could it be the heat???

Could they just be little milk pimples chon? Are the white? Otherwise they could just be from the heat.
    My Buddha is going tomorrow for his 8 week check (He'll be 7w5d). It'll be interesting to see what he weighs & measures now. He was 5.4kg & 60.9cm at his 6 week check (He was only 5 weeks 3 days then!)
    He seems to be having a bit of a growth spurt too, wanting to feed every 2 - 3 hours rather than every 3 - 4. He's still sleeping great at night though... (touch wood) He normally sleeps oe 5 hour stint then another 2 x 3-4 hours. 2 nights in a row last week he slept for 7 hours straight before waking for a feed!

SNAP!! my little one is going for her 6-8week check tomorrow too!! she will by 7weeks 6 days (born 7th December ). she was 3.8kg on 11th January (5 weeks).

RE: bumps - They are actually tiny little red bumps, but they dont seem so bad at the moment, maybe they're finally disappearing........

Oh Noah was Dec 8th! (Which you probably read in my siggy duh!)
    He's still seems to have some of his newborn rash which is only noticeable when he gets hot, could that be what you're seeing on Maya?

no, shes got a nice big 'V' on her forehead and a 'raspberry on her right eye from birth and they are different to these bumps.

Are you getting heaps of smiles lately? We are, this morning she recognised me when she woke up, as soon as she opened her eyes and I said hello she did this HUGE grin, it was beautiful!!!

Hi everyone,
    Wow, sounds like everyone's having this growth spurt. I still don't know if that's what's going on with Natalie, but we'll see. She's only 5 weeks, but maybe she's an 'early bloomer', LOL!
    Em.. - How did Dylan go last night? Is he still feeding that often? Hope you and your bbs get some rest soon!
    Chon & Lotusflower - hope the checkups go well today. Let us know how much your babies have chubbed up!
    Blackbird - welcome back. Congrats on Angus' birth. I know what you mean about feeling tired and overwealmed.
    Lotusflower - you lucky thing, having 7 hours sleep in a row! I can't remember what that was like, LOL!
    Chon - Natalie has 'hormone rash' which is like a cluster of little pimples, mostly on her chin. This is my fault aparently, being her mother and smothering her with hormones, but it's supposed to clear up miraculously by around 3 months.
    How gorgeous that you got a 'good morning' greeting from Maya!
    Well, we finally had a lovely sleep last night! Dave settled Natalie off to sleep so that I could go to bed, though I couldn't sleep straight away because she was crying her poor little guts out. She was so overtired. I can't sleep when she's that upset. But she went off after a while and slept until 4:30, then went straight back to sleep again until 8:30! Hooray! I feel so great and rested today. I hope tonight goes well too. We'll see.

Snacks - Noah grew 2.9cm in 11 days between 4 - 6weeks so it's definitely possible that Natalie is! yay for a good night's sleep!
    Chon - Yeah getting tons of smiles (though of course I am yet to catch one on camera yet!) If you laugh at Noah he does the biggest grins it's adorable!

Noah had his last feed last night at 7pm, was asleep at 9pm, slept through til 2.20am, then woke up at 7am for a morning feed! If only I can get his last feed closer to bed time I'll be set! Of course he fell back to sleep for 1 1/2 hours straight after his morning feed! Too bad mama couldn't!

Hi all - typing one handed..... brief!
    Going well here - we had a checkup on Mon - Hamish is almost 4kg, so thats great!! 200g/w I'm happy with.
    Lots of smiles, starting to coo, and HEAPS of hormone pimples - the red spotty ones. Poor chap.

Now that I know there are heaps of Dec mummies, I'll be in here more often

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast