Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #17

Default Babies born December 2007 #17

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is here.

woo new thread time

Just got the cutest video of Olivia eating banana for the first time Still having issues with her eating solids.. today I got a 1/4 teaspoon of apple and oatmeal into her and then I was eating a banana and offered her some and she sucked on it

Sofia is being a pain with solids as well as she is/nearly is a month older

I am just finding it so frustrating.. and I know to just let her take it at her own pace but it is still so frustrating

Hi all,
    Bother, I've missed a bit. New thread, so I can't even refer back to the old one.
    Lauren- Good that Ash likes his water. Ty loves water, but we give it to him from a cup.
    Nic- What a cool birthday present! Sorry you had a bad night. Stay in the jammies I reckon. It's really sunny here but so windy (makes me cranky) and bloody cold.
    Jus- Lovely catching up with you as always Thabks for that feed stretching advice- we've done three hour instead of two hourly feed today twice and they've been good feeds, not top ups, so I'm crossing my fingers it helps a bit.
    Trish- Yay on the trip to Melbourne! Have a good time
    Any one got any tips for constipation? We had the worst night last night- up every hour or so- Ty didn't even want to feed, he was just whingy and grizzly and I think it's cause it's been a while since he did a poo- almost two days. That's what I'm putting it down to anyway.
    Hope you're all rugged up and babies are well

Lorirae, boiled water a teaspoon of brown sugar, its great for constipation.

It's freaking freezing here. Think I am going to freeze my bum off down in Vic. I hate the cold and I had to choose winter to go there. Typical me.

Abbey is going very slowly with her solids too. I'm not in any rush though. Somedays she will eat them, and others she just gags. Still won't eat vegies though. Brat.

Happy 7 months to Abbey !!

Evening all

LoriRae : I despise windy days too.. I like a cool gentle breeze but when it is so windy the noise really drives me insane after a while

Trish: Hi Happy 7 months Abbey!!

I only jjust realised when I put Olivia to be just now but she has been awake since 2:30pm its 7:30 now.. Thats the longest she has been awake in ages.. She has had long wake times before but usually we get a 20 min nap.. oh well fingers crossed she might sleep all night

The wind in Kensington has been horrible and it is cold here as well, I expect it would be much colder where Trish lives though. I hate taking the kids out when it is windy as well.

Today has been horrible in the sense of my work - very stressful with the auditors at head office, but me working from home, thankfully the girls were ok today but Maria can be very trying at times and Sofia, well I just wish she would eat something that is not covered in Apple puree. What are others feeding their kids, I honestly forget what we did for Maria. This afternoon though we went for a walk and got Maria's hair cut as we are going to the IL's in Tamworth this weekend. I also have booked our holiday to Bright and the snow for mid august, Ilove it down there and my mum and dad are coming too. Mum suggested they come so they can mind the kids whilst we ski - yay.
    Last edited by kitten2b; June 26th, 2008 at 08:43 PM.

Louise, it wasn't that cold out here today. Well not in the car anyway The wind was pretty strong but we had the sun out for the most part so it was ok. How nice of you mum to offer to watch the kids for you.

Nic, that's a pretty normal thing for Abbey to be awake like that. Drives me mad though. We have started giving her some solids in the evening, then giving her a warm bath, and then booby and she is going down ok. Watch me jinx myself now.

Had a good day today. Went and met with another girl from BB. She and her husband are thinking of having me as their doula. Hoping all goes well. But don't want her to feel pressured either way. Abbey was pretty good while we were there but started to get her grumps up so I left. She cried most of the way home before falling to sleep.

Her top 4 teeth still have not cut but her mouth is so swollen it's not funny. Poor baby. She is like a puppy, chewing on anything and everything that goes near her mouth.

Hope everyone gets a decent nights sleep.

Trish - are you coming to the meet up?

I am thinking so Louise. Haven't posted a confirmation just yet, but I am pretty sure. Going to see if I can get Nadine to come along too. She know's where she is going. Will be great to see you and the girls again.

Trish this one is for you and any of the ladies out there who used a Doula. Give me the run down.

My little one is six months old and it is only since having her that I have heard of Doula's. What do they do and don't do I guess?

Thanks

A doula is someone who is I guess put very basically, a support person for you and your partner in pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatally. We don't do anything medical as such. We do massage, suggest diff postions, and help mum to get the kind of birth she wants. We can also advocate for mum with her caregivers to achieve what mum wants. And to help mum understand what it is the staff are really talking about so that she can make an informed decision.

There are postnatal doulas too who will come to your home afterwards and can help out. Some will do housework, run errands etc. Others will be there to provide you with support.

Think that just about covers it for you

Hey girls. How are everyone's babies going on the crawling front? We're so close it's not funny. She's lifting herself right up, and actually lurched forward tonight.. I think all she needs now is to work out how to do that on purpose, and she'll be off!

Well, we had cereal & apple tonight. Probably silly of me to give it to her tonight rather than through the day.. *shrug*. Last night was just awful. She's developed this awful cry, I can't even describe it, but it is just a HORRIBLE noise. And she woke screaming every couple of hours last night.

she's also started growling at everything LOL. Where are the cute goos and gahs?? A girlfriend called her a devil baby last night coz of the awful noises she's making LOL.

Well, I'm off to update my ticker. Tallon was weaned a few months ago, and we need a more recent photo of Kayla!

sofia would have apple and cereal every meal given the chance

Liz: We have that awful cry here at the moment too.. It is icky.. Olivia did it for almost 4 hours the other day...

Well Olivia has already woken once for the night *sigh* I have changed her and fed her put her in her sleeping bag as she was cold and now hoping she is going back to sleep.. so far no sounds from the bedroom

now for a QN.. This has happened a few times now and we are curious if it means Olivia is just cold.. She gets the shakes. Almost like she is shivering but her skin doesn't feel that cold. Tonight her legs felt a little cool when Simon was changing her and then she started shaking..

hee hee - silly photo of Kayla. It's not as effective so small.. when it's larger it's really freaky.. like she's flying in with her eyes wide open. I couldn't get a 'nice' photo of her to look right in the ticker... dunno why. It was resizing and making it really bad quality. Will try again another time.

Nic - not sure about the shaking. Kayla hasn't shivered yet.. altho I'm not sure why, it's been cold enough!

Liz, lol on the ticker pic. I almost looks like Kayla is diving underwater. She has the most gorgeous cheeks on her. Nah, Abbey is no where near crawling, heck, she's still not sitting up. Must have been the night for apple and cereal, thats what Abbey had too. Abbey is growling all of the time too, gives us the *****s. She does it all the damn time, it's not cute either, rather a frustrated grumpy grunt.

Nic, Abbey hasn't shook like that as such. Maybe you need to be putting Olivia in a sleeping bag for bed everynight ? Abbey is using hers here and she sleeps most of the night in bed with us.

It is frigging freezing, who honestly gets up this early. Tehya, that's who. LOL. I have the air on but that's in the lounge room, takes a long time before it gets warm out here. My fingers are frozen.

We had the crappiest night too. Didn't give Abbey her nurphen before bed lastnight (it's become part of our routine )She was awake and sooking so much. Hmm there she goes now. Silly baby, you'd think she'd want to stay in bed where it's warm.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast