Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born December 2007 #19

Default Babies born December 2007 #19

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The previous thread is here.

nic - its a Fisher Price one but i got it from ebay $13!! wooot lol

Buzzie - Good luck with your Tafe course. I only wish I knew what I wanted to do after being a SAHM!!!!! Mind you DH and I have spoken and we will be ttc #3 by the end of the year.....assuming I can lose 5kgs and get the office organised.

I would not be without the bath seat. Loren loves it and so does my back.

Morgan - Sounds like Vicky loves food. Loren is very picky and so far we are only having pureesfoods.

Well if Loren keeps going the way she has been today she'll give herself brain damage before too long. So far she has fallen from the coffee table, the kitchen chair the playpen and her cot (inside). All because she is obessed with standing up!!! I seriously can't take my eyes off her for a second.

BTW I let Loren play on all 4's in the bath last night and she slipped and went face down in the water. I was holding her too. Thankfully she laughed and all was ok.

Nic - Classic swim style Olivia has there

a quickie as im putting ash to bed, but heres a pic of ash and abbey, was abit fuzzy but the size difference is hilerious!

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...=8050&ppuser=6

hi everyone,

Buzz, have just emailed you our details.

atm im bidding on a cot mattress for mirani as very soon, i will have to use her portacot as baby jail in the lounge.

take care everyone, and i cant wait for school to go back next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzie View Post
    nic - its a Fisher Price one but i got it from ebay $13!! wooot lol
    Off to lookk at ebay.. I need a shopping fix after the totally Crapski afternoon and night I have just had..

Jacob is sick. he has a cold and conjuntivitis.. on drops and Ab's. Olivia has a touch of Conjuntivitis but just putting BM into it.. Simon has gone out to a works drinks thing.. Jacob was screaming for Daddy. Olivia was just screaming.. Isaac and Ethan were being total PITA's.

I was fuming cus Simon wouldn't answer his phone, not something he ever does so he either can't hear the silly thing or he has lost it GRR. Lucky its not an emergency hey

Anyways all kids in bed 2 out 2 almost... I am consoling myself with a packet of burger rings..

nic, chammomile tea is a fantastic natural alt for conjunktivitis. my mum used it on us all the time as kids. just bath the eyes with some cotton wool a few times a day.

Thanks for that Michelle Jacob had a rough time with the drops the Dr gave him.. I am just wiping Olivias eye with breast milk but I think I might just do the same for Jacob.. but I will get some tea to help things along as well..

forgot to add.. I got the best email in the world this afternoon

Not sure if any of you would remember this... When I was pregnant with Olivia I joined a due date forum on a US site.. I had belonged on there for when I was preg with Jacob so just went to the Dec group on there.. Anyways there was one baby born not long after Olivia who at 17 days old contracted Bacterial Meningitis.. Anyways the last we heard was the baby was doing very poorly and was on life support.. I had emailed the Mum a few times to see how things were but I didn't want to bug them.. Of course we all thought the worst had happened but I got an email today and the baby survived and she is gorgeous!! They spent 2 months in hospital.. and so far she is doing ok.. As far as brain damage goes they won't know much till she is 1-2 yrs but for now she is doing ok.. She didn't even lose her sight or hearing..

anyways I just wanted to share that as it just made my day!! When I saw the pictures I just couldn't stop smiling..

morgan78 Guest

What wonderful news and just what you needed from the sounds of your day.
    Make sure you give Simon heaps for not answering his phone.- Not on.

Just a quick one ladies - my little girl has gone from sleeping through each night to waking and wanting to play at 3-4 in the morning. And I eman wanting to play, laughing and gigling and so on. I thought she may be cold but since she is so awake I thought not.

I know many of you don't have bubs that sleep through and that I should be gratefull but I really need the sleep myself for a number of reasons.

I am so mad now!! Ok So Simon didn't answer his phone.. at all.. I sent him a text a while ago seeing what time he was coming home and he was due home an hour ago.. He said he wasn't going to go to the pub afterwards as thats where they always end up (not simon but all his workmates) anyways he didn't answer his text so I thought I would ring and yup he is at the pub.. I am so mad.. I asked him not to drink much cus if I have another bad night I don't want to have to get up at 5-6 am when th kids do.. GRR looks like the night and morning duties fall on me again.. Well buggered if I am going to keep them quiet..

Night.. too cranky now GRR

sorry you had a bad night nic! i hope things arent too bad and the kids are good for you.. how rude of hubby!
    the email you told us about almost put tears in my eyes, im so like that when i hear sad stories of babies now, i just think if something happened to ash i would be lost! and how lucky i am hes got nothing wrong. I saw a mum holding her disabled son in the food court yesterday and she was stroking his head and you just felt the love walking past, omg i almost burst out crying! how hard for her!

Ash is sooo cuddly atm, it was funny as yesterday, i was having cuddles and he has his hands either side my face and he was just glaring in my eyes and then he would rub his face on mine and did it a couple times.. then he looked at me, (still had his hands either side of my face), paused, and 'Wack' the bugga head butted me! he had the most evil little smurk on his face and thought it was great!! mind u i had to laugh cos i was thinking how mushy he was being up until then! LOL

Thankfully I had a good night. Well I would have the best night if DH and I don't mean dear husband hadn't woken me at 1:30 GRR.. I have no idea what time he got home.. I am still majorly peed off at him

morgan78 Guest

Nic - Big and i'll say nothing else cause i'll get into trouble.

Well i was going to do my Saturday clean up but DS decided to whinge from 6am onwards so i sent him back to bed and atm both DD & DS are asleep so i'll have to leave the housework for a while...what a shame Mind you i've already got 3 loads of washing out drying so not too bad.

Morgan ..

I feel better for venting though. Still annoyed but the thing is I don't think I am even annoyed that he stayed out late.. I think its the I don't care attitude..

Olivia is tired but she won't nap.. but for now she is happily in her bounce bounce. oh and before she smelt so rotten so I thought Woah!! big poop here but it was the most pitiful looking nappy i have ever seen.. I told her so to. I said Olivia for how bad that smelt you could have at least done something more worthy heheh

morgan78 Guest

Ha...those little ones are the rankest...Vicky is one offensively skinky girl atm with all the solids she having *wrinkling nose* actually shes stinky now better go change her.
    On the whole night out thing my sister is on at me to go out on the town with her for my *gulp* 30th and i've been uneasy about doing it as it would mean DP having to put both kids to bed by himself (he struggles with just having to put DS to bed) then i find out this band he is going to see next Sat is over an hour away so the lastest they'll be heading out is 6.30pm so Im going to have to put both kids to bed - np - but it hadnt even occurred to him that i'd be doing bedtime alone. And he's going next door tonight for a few beers and an AFL game.
    Why do we feel guilty about having a night out?

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast