Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007 #26

Default Babies Born December 2007 #26

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying ~ Senior Moderator
    AJP ~ Moderator
    Nelle ~ Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The previous thread is HERE

susan - im sure you would still miss him very much. and prob till the day you join him when your time is ready you will keep missing him, I would think that is more than normal!

I think the wine and food thing is in the city... im sure if you googled it it would give you more info, but definatly as alicia said if your here long enough we should have coffee

Bekz - yuk gastro!! u poor things!! im sooooo glad i didnt get wat ever ash got. I hope you will be ok being pregnant! Gastro always scared me alot when i was pregnant hoping not to get it!

Ash is getting his first hair cut today. So ecxited, hope he sits still. Rob is coming too which is so nice. We went out to dinner last night with my parents as he hadnt met my dad yet and i had a wonderful time! was so nice for someone else to take him so i could eat, then mum took him home and put him to bed so we got to stay and have some really nice adult time which was a first for me. And he stayed in bed till about 11 i think it was - in his own bed! couldnt believe that! lol

Ash is having his blood test for his iron on monday morning.. not looking forward to it but it definatly needs to be done. This waking is so not right! i got a call from ABC this week saying ash had to be picked up for having 2 runny poos and its policy they go home, i said i couldnt leave im sure the next one will be fine.. but his poos are always like that,... hmmm maybe its a good thing his having the bloods..
    But the gastroinraologist (sp?) cant get me in till 17th april so not happy about that.. might ring see if she can tell me the results over the phone!

have a great weekend everyone!!

Hi everyone,

Hi Alicia- My Dh was saying he would like to get away for a couple of days.....So we were tossing up whether to do a trip to Melbourne,so we will see what happens,but i would love to catch up with you lovely ladies.

Lauren- I hope Ash is feeling better soon,hun. Do you think he could be Allergic to certain foods or drinks....what if you were to keep a diary of what you give him,sorry only a suggestion. Hope all goes well at the Doctor`s for you.

Glad you & Rob are spendong time together,sounds like he is making an effort,hun.

I hope Ash likes getting his first hair cut,mine cried,lol.

Bek- hi hun,hope all the sickness bugs pass soon hun,nothing worse when everyone is sick,take good care of yourself....keep up withe fluids,hugs!

Well,we had a day out at the park,kids played,but it looks like we are in for a good thunder storm. Have a nice evening everyone.
    Last edited by mummy of many; March 14th, 2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi ladies.

OMGoodness i dont know where to start. I have been super busy. In the last week i have worked 52hrs, had DD1's 3rd birthday as well as tried to keep the house together. Thankfully it has been my last full on week with my caring job as along with the apprenticeship it will be too much. I am going to stay on though and just do 1 shift a fortnight. DH would like me to leave all together but i have become very attached to the couple i work for and the extra cash is always needed. The start to the apprenticeship has been good so far. I was so nervous about putting the girls in DC (well upping DD1 to another day and putting Molly in) but so far they are doing terrifically. Molly the little monkey decided that after i dropped her off on tues it was a good day to start walking properly She slept and ate fine and was generally a happy girl all day. DD1 was also alot happier than normal to go as her sister was going lol.

MoM- I loved Brendan's site it really is beautiful well done. I left you a comment and hope it comes across with as much love as i intended it to.

Buzzie- Great to hear things with rob are still going well.

Bekz- YUK gastro. we've had 2 lots in the last 6 weeks so i know your pain. Hoping you all get well soon.

Sorry i have forgotten what else was happening and to who and been lazy and too tired to go back to old thread. Hopefully i will be around more this week.

take care everyone.

Hoody - Thats awesome news about Mollys walking!!!
    Ash is doing fantastic in DC now, always off happily playing when i go to pick him up and having great long sleeps with no hassels, and most days having seconds on all his meals LOL

Hello everyone,

Nat- Hi,thanks for your touching comments too hun,it`s very much appreciated,.
    You have been a super busy Mum,Nat. Glad your new apprenticeship is going well,sounds like you are enjoying yourself.
    Whoo Hoo for Molly walking, what a cheecky girl,i bet it made you very happy Nat. I?m sure the girls will be very happy together at day care. Hope you can still manage some me time,hun,you must be feeling worn out this week,your a Super Mummy,lol.
    Hope all the family is well.

Lauren- Hi,how are you?,so happy that Ash has been enjoying his days at day care and everything is going smoothly for you. Your pics on face book were just too cute,hun,what a cutie!

Having a quiet afternoon here,went shopping in the morning,the little one are asleep,YAY!!!! Talk soon... Hi to everyone else.

Nic - need to ask question - and anyone else who has any info.....

What age did u give you give your kids Incremin ???? Ashs blood test is tomorrow and besides not wanting to do it, mum doesnt want me too either.. she says she used inremin for us kids too but i need more info if it is safe giving it without the bloods....

Susan - i did do a diary for a while but it got sooo hard, i was exhausted doing it at night.. and every day was always the smae no matter what he ate so it was hard to narrow it down to a particular food.
    Although rob seems to be convinced it is a food thing. I really dont know, at least once he iron level is checked and if that is fine, it must be a food thing...
    Or just a body thing he needs to grow out of maybe.. i really dont know, but i do know, not one single baby is going through this as well, and everyone seems to have sleeping babies.....

I really need to get him in his own bed all night and away from my boobies to make sure its just not turned into a bad habbit of waking and excpecting to get something.. its just SOOO tiring... i wish rob was around to help!! ho hum.. maybe itll change when i get my own place and he can come over and start doing some nights with me to help.... ??? he wants it fixed too so im sure hell help.

Lightbulb

Hey Lauren,

I used to use that stuff for our first two boys- ( Iron Supplement)

son-# 1, was a very fussy eater & wanted to drink all day without eating,so the Doctor told us to put him on this.

son-# 2, was a little eater but was alway sick.....so our Doctor also suggested this too,I found it does help,but i can`t remember how long they were on it for.

I know you don`t want the blood test done,but if your Doctor suggested it hun,I would really consider having it done,better to have some idea of what`s going on instead of guesssing,for your own peace of mind Lauren.....better to be safer than sorry...iykwim!

Use the( Emla Cream) hun,it works so well,our little boy didn`t use to cry when he had to have his bloods done every week.Hugs hun,I know it`s not a nice thing to go through,but Ash will be fine,Lauren.

If they are going to do it in the folds of the arms- put the Emla cream on,size of a 10 cent piece,then wrapp the arm up in cling wrap a few times,so the cream doesn`t get absorbed into Ashes, clothes and he can`t play in it,do this for both Arms.

Take care,hope everything goes well,hun.good luck for tomorrow. Hugs Susan.xxxxx.

Buzzie - I found that Monique and I had gotten into a feeding through the night habit and when she was 12.5 months old I decided to go cold turkey (although the first night I did every second feed that she would have) and when she cried I held her to sleep and then the next night she cried a little and I held her to sleep again and then the third night I think she woke and had water and she has been excellent ever since....except now she won't sleep in her own bed and thinks that the queen size bed is hers. It's not too early for a one year old to have a queen size bed is it We have to sort sleeping out before next bub arrives though but at least we don't feed through the night anymore Hope the bloods go well tomorrow.

Bek - Gastro is awful! Hope you are doing ok now.

MoM - it looks like you guys have been having a wonderful time out and about.

Hoody - great news about your new job. Make sure you post us a pic of your new hairdo when it happens. So good that the Molly has settled into care. Monique still doesn't sleep very much there.

I can't remember what was in the old thread so hope everyone is doing well. Monique had a huge weekend catching up with cousins/Aunties on Saturday for younger cousin's 1st birthday and then catching up with cousins, Aunt/Uncle/Grandparents tonight for SIL 40th birthday dinner. She went straight to sleep tonight. Best be off to bed myself.

Afternoon ladies.. Just a quick check in cus I am just taking a break from unpacking lol

Lauren: We had already given Isaac a blood test but went on the incremin shortly afterwards.. Talk with the Pharmacist.. They are a great source of information.. We used to have him on his for 3 weeks out of every four. Same for all vitamins.. just give thier bodies a break from it..

good luck..

gotta go. will be back tonight

Nic- Hope you hide a nice getaway.

Well all good here did lots of shopping today for the girls. Just some clothes for around the house and DC. Kmart has 25% of shoes and 20% of clothes including all the already reduced summer stuff. Got lots of T-shirts and shorts for $1.50ea item so looks like i spent lots but didnt really. Also got molly some shoes for DC as they like them to wear them when outside. Its funny though she has NEVER worn them before and wont leave them on. I'm not too concerned as i shouldnt really have her in shoes due to her ligaments but at least i can send them to DC to keep them off my back.

Well working 2mo so prob wont get chance to pop in and DH and i are off to a premiere of Mall Cop tonight at the movies looks a bit tacky but hey a night out is a night out so shouldnt complain and my Bestie is babysitting for us.

Hi all,

Tincel= Hi sounds like you had a lovely time catching up with all the relo`s,hun.
    It`s good when the kids have had such a good day & come home to crash out,lol.
    I hope your all well.

Nic- Hi,how was your weekend away,I bet you all had the best time out in the fresh air,how`s all the kids? Glad your back,though,lol.

Hoody- Hey Nat,you must be exhausted hun,you are so busy nowadays.
    I might go for a look around for some bargains this week,I need to buy Kieren some more shoes. Have fun at the movies,hun.

Lauren- I hope everything went well,today. I was thinking about little Ash,today.
    I will pop back in later you might be in later tonight.

Hi to everyone .....hope all mum`s & bubs are well. Cheers!

Lauren - Fia doesn't sleep through the night either - I think it is the co sleeping and free access to boobies as well, I have started to break away from giving her the middle of the night feed but she know how to lift my tshirt up and get a drink before I wake up properly now.

jackiescoth Guest

Hope I can be included to this forum's mommy members this 2009

Hi ladies,

How are we all,it`s very quiet in here.......everyone is busy!

Well nothing much exciting to report,gone back to my studies......boring, la la la la.....

Kieren is saying more words these days.....more,bag,hat,backpack.....from Dora!! shoes,potato,ta. They are so cute at this age.

I bought myself a new handbag today,I never spend much money on myself and i even bought a new hair colour....naughty me!!

Ok,catch you all soon.

hi.. omg what a crazy time ive had here...

Kitten - yes ash knows how to get into my tops too.. cheeky moneys they are!!

Well he had the blood test and it was sooo bad poor little thing screamed so much and the guy doing it was an absolute idiot.... kept putting his hands on his ears from the screaming and im like.. ur supposed to be the pediatric pathologists?!!? hello... so he goes to put the arm band on and pulls back again when ash screamed.. i was so angry i snatched it off him and said just hurry up and get it over with! so he puts it on.. cant find a vain.. swaps arms.. and the d*** head clenches his fist and squezzes several times... - this is to ash- (you know how u keep squeesing your fists a few times to pump up the viens) TO A ONE YEAR OLD SCREAMING HIS LUNGS OUT!!!!! MORON!! i would love to see a one year old understand to do that!! then he goes no lets go back to the other arm.. swaps again.. Cant find it again in that arm and says i need to get someone else.. so another guy comes in... 2 massive large 6ft something men hovering over him.. anyway this guy finds a vien straight away and takes the blood.. ash was screaming so much at this point i dont even think he was too bothered by the needle itself.!

Anyways.. got the results and his iron is low.. only 4 - its meant to be from 5 to 25. which is a big gap if u ask me.. anyway i cant get in to the gastro lady till 3rd april so im seeing his GP on friday to see if we should start something.
    Its such a low amount but im hoping this is enough to be the cause so we can fix it !!!

Ooohhh batteries almost dead on lappy ... will go before i loose my post and will try to post another night..

take care all, thankyou for thinking of us !! Nighty night..

Blood tests are just horrible.. Sorry you had such a D doing it..

4 is low.. Isaac's was 8 then 7 thrn 6 then 5 and that was all afte treatment with ferro liquid we call it feral liquid cus the smell is soooooooooo bad.. Isaac took it no worries though..

hope all works out ok

Quiet in here.. I've been slack cus Simon is on holidays.. We are watching Twilight tonight so be in tomorrow with an update of my very chatty girl

Hi Lauren,
    Gee I?m so sorry you & Ash had such a crappy time doing the bloods,I was thinking of you,started to get worried when we hadn`t heard from you.
    I hope the Doctor can give you some idea of whats going on,that is certainly is a large range for the iron in the bloods,hope Ash is doing ok,what stupid idiots to be working with little kids,I?m so sorry it didn`t go well,hugs for both of you.

Hi-Kitten 2b- Our little ones are very clever,they say,the little ones can smell our milk,so i suppose they know it`s there, self serve.......cheeky money`s,lol.

Nic-Hi,how things,your camping trip looked like so much fun,hows all the kids?

Hi to everyone else......hope Mum`s & Bubs are all well. Ok, good night all.
    Last edited by mummy of many; March 18th, 2009 at 08:28 PM.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast