Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007

He will but how do we come across as not being nasty..

Do you think we are being silly not wanting her being held by everyone? I know in myself I wouldn't like to be held that much. It is simply to hot to be that close to someone. Olivia also seems to only be totally comfortable with me. She will lay with DH for a little while but she prefers me Mummy's girl!

Sofia is the same. Well for start make sure everyone has scrubbed their hands up to their wrists, then they can only describe you as neurotic and not nasty, that should keep a few away.

We survived We took her rocker and made sure she was in it. Of course a few Aunties gave her a cuddle but that was because I was Bf when they arrived and she had just finished. But then I took her and changed her bum and laid her back down.. Plus everyone was outside and there were bugs so no one was going to take her out

I also had one of the best nights sleep wise. Had a shocking headache though. At 12:30 I had to get DH to put Olivia back to bed and I was in tears cus I felt so sick and my head was throbbing. It has gone this morning but sheesh..

now for the great sleep she only woke to feed and then straight back to bed again. At 4 I put her in with me and used the little bed I have for that reason and she slept till 7:30 this morning. I don't even think she cried at all last night. Just little noises to let me know she was hungry and that was it

How was everyone elses night?

What are you guys getting bubs for Xmas? So far we have a towel (ooo the excitement) and I don't know what else to get her. I know she doesn't need anything cus well she will only be 5 weeks old but I want her to have something kwim?

I have got Sofia a taggies book and a few toys for hen she is about 3 months old etc, not much else to get really.

I like the book idea. I don't have any books that are soft.. toys....well after 3 i have way to many lol..

Hey !!! I thought I'd be really funny and come in here to reserve my spot in the December Baby Buddies only to find that Haroula and Kristielee have beaten me to it !!!

Anyway, I'm due on the 27th so I'm hoping to join your lovely ladies shortly..... I've been confirmed as being in pre-labour now for 2.5 weeks so hopefully not long to go.

hey there! hope you join us with bubs soon

Nic, it was my dad's 50th birthday today and I was hoping to be out of hosp in time with Abbey to see some of the family. However I had planned on wearing Abbey in her pouch, this way everyone has to stay away from her. Also I had planned on the whole "just came from hosp, low immune system etc" on them.

Now tomorrow the IL's are planning on coming up. They still haven't seen Abbey. I don't mind just MIL and FIL, but I know they will bring DP's nieces too. These kids are always snotty and Noah and Tehya alwasys get ill after being with them. I do not want the kids here at all. I know that Noah will want to play with them etc but I just can't had the germs in the house atm. Besides, It would be nice if they could just for once visit my kids without having hte other ones in tow. They see them every weekend.

Opps sorry, that wasn't meant to be a vent. LOL.

As for Christmas presents I got Abbey a toy mat when I was preg so that is away in teh cupboard and will make a nice present. Also I have a couple of little outfits taht I had bought and planned on washing up, but decided that she has enough for just right now and will save them for xmas too.

I can't not give Abbey nothing for Christmas. Esp not with other little kids in the house. They will think that she has been norti or something.

Why are some people so silly when it comes to new babies. I know they don't need to be wrapped up in cotton wool but they need to be protected just a little. If you can make your nieces play outside only. Just say you don't want a bunch of kids running in the house or something

My kids wouldn't notice if Olivia didn't get anything cus they are so obsessed with themselves They have been helping me look for something for her though when we went shopping before she was born...

Nah Nic, I just don't want them here. LOL. IL's haven't visited here since I fell preg with Abbey so they can damn well come alone and visit the kids properly or not at all. Ohh can you tell I've had nearly no sleep. PMSL.

Waiting until 10.30 so I can give Abbey her meds and go to bed. Hoping that I wake up to feed her. Atleast in hosp they call you 3 hourly to do the feeds if she doesn't wake before it.

LOL at your kids, hey, mine would only notice after they have torn through all of their presents.

Abbey has these damn velco dots stuck to her temples. God knows how I am going to get them off. Apparently I put olive oil on them to soften the glue. We shall see.

oh those dots are horrible, jacob had those, the mw's removed them with baby oil and gently!!

maybe the inlaws will change thier minds and not come

(nak so sorry for lack of capitals lol )

How did the inlaws visit go ?

How are all the other December bubs going?

olivia is doing well.. Had a nice weight gain.. Went from 3.29kg on the 5th to 3.47kg today

Sofia is doing well, her clothed weight is 2.9kg, but she had a wet nappy.

Hi,

I'm really happy all the bubs are doing well!! Hope to join you all here shortly!!

xxx

Hi all!

For Christmas I am getting the boys a picture story book each - one of the hardback expensive ones. I will get them books each Christmas and birthday as kind of a commemorative gift so that by the time they can read they have a nice little collection going. I bought "Where is the Green Sheep" for Flynn and "Diary of a Wombat" for Oliver.

Look forward to you joining us Haroula and Tonydayl Hope Abbey perks up and glad all the other bubs are turing into porkers

Am I right in thinking Ollie is the only boy so far? I know Buzzie is having a boy but so far the rest are girls yeah?

yep, december seems to be the season for girls

Rory, at this rate Ollie will have his choice of many girls

Maybe the next half of December will balance it all out for the month.

Haroula and Tonydayl don't be in too much of a hurry. Their easier to look after on the inside

Seriously though sending you both some labour vibes, but only after the rest of the early December group girls get to go

Sorry for the intrusion on your Dec babies thread - I just wanted to pop in & say a huge Congrats to you all on your beautiful bubbies! I'm due next month & cant wait til our thread is up,lol.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast