Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Babies Born December 2007

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in December 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Trillian; December 1st, 2007 at 03:38 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

subbing..

YAY We have a group

Ok now it's time for all these babies to come and join us.

I know!! I can't wait for more of these babies to join us

congratulations ladies

Am hoping that bubs comes some time this month! i'm getting impatient and excited to meet her! Hopefully see you back here in a few weeks!

Thanks! i hope your little one arrives in a few weeks too. I am itching to "meet" more december babies!!

well in Dec 16-31 there are a few who look like are ready to go any day with all the early labour symptoms.. so shouldn't be too long!!!

Thought i'd add an update to this post, in stead or writing a new one!!

Had my OB apptm yesterday and it will definitely be a DECEMBER bub!! wooohooo so if she doesn't come of her own free will she'll be induced on 27th!!! I'm so excited!! 3 weeks left!!!!!
    Last edited by Harri; December 5th, 2007 at 03:20 PM.

Kristielee Guest

Ok Haroula just told us your waiting for our dec babies to join Haha Lol
    Im Kristie due 27th Dec and eagerly wanting to joing too! Haha it very sad at the moment but I think we are all in anticipation and hope that we will all be here soon!

Question for you both then what did you eat, drink and do the day before/day of you going into Labour?? Hehee As this you never know could help us! Lol

Seeya Girls
    Kristie

Well I ate hospital food I was already in there.. I also had a c/s but knew it as it was my 3rd..

So bring on the December babies. how cute are they all going to look with mini santa hats on

I didn't eat or drink much at all. I had gastro. Not a nice way to go into labour.

I don't think there is anything you can really eat or do that will make bub come before his or her time. But there are things you can do to encourage your body to get ready like drinking RLT and using EPO.

Goodluck and I hope you babies don't keep you waiting too long.

Nic, Abbey has 2 santa hats now. One came with an outfit, supposidly a 0000, the outfit is tiny but the hat will be too big for Tehya !! I could put Abbey inside the hat for photos. Hmmm now there's an idea.

Kristielee Guest

Thanks girls
    Haha Im desperate I know..... I am on RLT already Epo not sure about that one! I will probably be begging my accupunture lady to help me soon haha.... Apparently they can bring it on somehow but mine is very strict and will not do it until the due date Oh well will just have to wait

Nic you sound like me when I had my boy I was in hospital too but for 2mths before Arghhh So I shouldnt be complaining this time round really as Im just uncomfortable and a bit sore etc

Anyway I'll leave you girls to your Dec group chatting and hope to see you all soon!
    CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEWBIES

Kristie

subbing here, ok I know Sofia is a late October bub, but she was meant to be Dec

Trish: great idea I should put Olivia in the santa sack

Kristie: 2 months ugh! I was sick of being in there after 2 days!

Louise: Welcome

I know there are only a couple of us here but how is everyone sleeping.. and coping with the heat? I am finding feeding ect is really uncomfortable with this heat.

What are you guys dressing your bubs in? Olivia has worn a body suit ( short sleeves button between the legs) th last 2 days. I worry she gets to cold but if in the Ac I put a wrap over her. Is that enough? she seems comfy. She also slept in one last night cus it was so humid. Previously she was wearing all in ones to bed but then it warmed up

Anyways hope everyone is having a good day. I have a screaming 2 yr old at the door cus daddy just went out without him *sigh*

Sofia is in all in ones as the ac can get a bit cool at night.

not a big fan of this humidity

I had the Ac on last night but turned it off cus the cutting in and out was irritating me and I think it was waking Olivia up. We have a portable one in our room that we are using at the moment. the other one is so loud LOL. The portable ones are loud when they cut in and out. like they just make a shudder noise.. annoying!

I am finding it hard knowing what to put on Olivia., right now she is in a bodysuit but wrapped in a wrap cus I have the lounge AC on.. ugh winter babies are so much easier

Little Vent coming

Ok so on Wednesday MIL was here all day. She held Olivia ALL day.. Olivia is not a baby that likes to be held a lot plus it is hot.. I did say a few times I might pop her in her bed/rocker but MIL kept saying no shes fine . I bit my tongue and thought its only one day its only one day.. Well that night Olivia was very unsettled and cried alot.. but yesterday back to just us at home and happy to be inher rocker or bed and last night I had a really good night.. She was nicely settled happy to be fed and put back to bed...

So tonight. We have dinner at the inlaws with lots of rellies who haven't met her yet. S how do I go about saying she doesn't like to be held a lot without sounding like a total cow.. Everyone is going to want to cuddle the new toy woops I mean baby and don't get wrong its nice they want to but at the same time I have 2 issues with this and have had the same one with the boys.. First theyare little and lots of handling by lots of people transfers germs and then they get used to being held and guess who is left with the crying baby who is unsettled?? ME!!

DH is going to take her once everyone has had a cuddle and put her down. All the rellies will respect this but MIL will go pick her up regardless of whether she is asleep or not.. *sigh* I don't want to be nasty tonight... anyone have any suggesstions for me

thats a hard one Nic, I say as it is DH's mum, get him to deal with her.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast