Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2007

Morning all, just poping my head in to check up on all these big bubs already! Ash is gonna be the baby of the group by the time hes ready to come meet everyone lol
    Talking about spending money, im off to go pick up ash's chrissy presant
    Have a good day everyone

happy shopping Buzzie

Quote Originally Posted by kitten2b View Post
    its amazing how different siblings can be as babies. Maria was an incessent and long feeder (could take up to an hour to feed her then she would only go to sleep when rocked, and would be awake 40 minutes later for another feed. Sofia feeds fairly quickly and self settles, oh the joys of a second child.
    I know! LOL. Tallon fed heaps, and fed to sleep (still does to a degree!) and was a shocking day sleeper. He woke frequently through the night too for a long long long time, but did have better sleeps at night.

Kayla self settles (but I have also relented and used a dummy this time around hehe.. mainly thanks to her being in hospital, we got used to using one). Tallon wouldn't take a dummy. Her sleeping so far is pretty good, apart from when she has her windy episodes.. but so far, she sleeps for a good couple of hours between feeds. But I'm not holding my breath on that continuing too long LOL.

Well, I finally decided to try the Brauer Colic Relief for Kayla.. and wow - that stuff knocks her out! LMAO. Think its the camomile in it. hehe. Seems to have settled her a fair bit, altho she had a big session of popping off this morning.. but she's nice and settled again now. No more ongoing straining and squirming.

I've had to up Mirani's feeds to about 90ml per feed which really knocks her out. when she's finished she's usually straight back to sleep. but at the moment DP is trying to wake her as he wants to play with her. which is ok with me either way as he's the one that volunteered to be up with her tonight.
    Alisha has developed middle child syndrome. she's started to get your attention by annoying the crap out of you and by acting up. is anyone else having this problem?

Agh holy windy baby. yesterday was horrendous. I gave Olivia some Infants Friend at midday and she was pooping but still screaming and screaming. Last night I had to give her some more and while she slept k she was so unsettled squirming and farting in her sleep. This morning she did a huge poor in her sleep. A lovely bath and a great feed and she is now cuddled up with Grandmummy all happy..

I think I know what gave her a tummy ache though. I ate salt and vinegar chips. The same thing happened with Jacob. I feel so silly for not remembering. Well at least now I know and won't do that again in a hurry..

Well best go.. Mum, me Olivia and Isaac are going shopping... yay I am not housebound now woooo

ladies I hear you on the windy baby issue. Loren has been unsettled all day. My arm is dead from holding her and DD is besides herself with jealousy. I feel so guilty that I can't give DD1 as much attention right now.

ah Bek I have a much settled little girl now. Infants Friend did the job. She farted and pooped for almost 24 hours and is now sleeping soundly

Both my girls have slept for the past 2 hours...wow my house is quiet.

Nic - Have been giving Loren infants friend as well and it does seem to help. I have also managed to bf for the past 2 days without having to give her formula and I think this has helped too.

Question: Does the food I eat really have an effect on bub?

Bek, short answer is yes. The food you eat does affect your milk. If you eat something that causes wind on you it will more than likely do the same thing to your baby. Also it could be something totally random that affects them too.

Abbey has been windy lately too. I know when it's wind though, she just grunts and wriggles around. She will either fart or burp then she's right again. Abbey has been abit unsettled the last few days. Not sure if on Friday it was because it was hot or not. It was her first real hot day, I ended up stripping her down to a singlet and a nappy. First time it's been warm enough for that in ages.

Abbey had a photo shoot on Friday afternoon, started around 5ish and I didn't leave until 8.30. Let's just say she was more than a little unsettled. Eventually after getting 2 feeds into her she fell asleep and we got some gorgeous shots. I can't wait to see them. I took one on my phone but I can't upload it to the gallery atm for some reason.

Nic, I hope you had a fun time shopping. What did you buy ? I have never used anything for my babies and their wind. I guess that they have never really been that bad. Is Infants Friend all natural ? I'm guessing it's supposed to make them fart or burp, but how does it do this ?

I have sooooo much wrapping to still do. I sat up until midnight lastnight doing it. Will get started again on it soon. Tehya has only just gone to sleep. I was hoping to get some more done tomorrow but now DP has to work so I will have the kids here. Buggar. Seriously, there is alot more to be wrapped and only me to do it.

Trish: if you google them you will find thier website. they are also Australian made which is another reason I like them. I don't think I am allowed to link to it.. ( or am I) I just googled it now and it is the first website

I bought so many things I got Olivia this cute little leap pad counting caterpilla thing It plays classical music as well and it counts ect and it can be wound onto the cot or pram.. My mum bought her this gorgeous shirt that says Grandmum's Perfect Princess. It is soooo cute. and I finally found her some jammies.. I also got the boys a few last minute pressies and Dh as well. I just bought him his usual wallet . I will print out our family pic to go in it shortly then wrap it.

oh and yay I finally worked out how to use my sling. A friend leant it to me and she came around today and showed me how to use it and it is excellent. It is called the Comfy Carried. I assume is a little like a HAB. or at least I think so but it has mesh sides..

Well we are in the Xmas spirit here now. We are all set up in the backyard for Xmas day.. The big tarp is up the pool is set up, chairs everywhere. Only the inlaws and my mum here at the moment but already feels festive.. 19 adults and 7 kids will be here Xmas day and at this stage sleeping here that night

woooot its almost Xmas

How quiet is it in here. I hope all had a great chrissy day with your new babies. And of course the rest of your families too.

We have been so busy and I am glad that the silly day is over now. All that money and stress gone for another year.

I have the flu something shocking. My asthma is playing up so bad that on Christmas eve I considered going into the emergancy room at the local hospital. It's still really bad and I can't talk for having a coughing fit. I wheeze like Darth Vadar. Hoping I can get into the GP on Thursday.

Poor Abbey is catching my cold too. She has a boogie nose and it's making it so hard for her to feed. Not that she's doing alot of that. After our rough start I worry when she doesn't feed enough.

Abbey slept most of Xmas day away. And when I went to the IL's I put her in my Peanut shell (sling) and wore her so she wasn't handled around too much. Of course the 10 minutes that I gave her to DP while I bathed the other kids she was passed here and there !!

Not that you can see it too clearly but the new pic of Abbey in my ticker is from the photo shoot

Glad you had a good Christmas!! We actually woke the boys yesterday morning.. I was running up and down the hallway making noise and in the end Dh went in and woke them lol.. it was 6:30 and we wanted pressies

Olivia did not have a good morning. she screamed on and off till nearly 12. I was almost in tears with her cus I have never seen a baby so upset. she finally fell asleep and slept 4 hours. and then last night sheesh. she was great but she woke at midnight and it was just after 3 this morning she settled down. I was close to tears from being so tired and I woke dh up and said please take over for half hour I thought I was going to throw up I was so tired. I lay down for 10 mins with my eyes closed and felt better so I got up fed her and we both slept till 8 this morning so yay a 5 hour sleep lol...

she is much happier today..

but exciting exciting.. 3am Xmas morning I get my first proper smile I was so excited.

well she is calling better go...

Hope everyone else had a great day

Hi all,

Just a quick check in to let you all know that I am ok (well on the way to ok at least). Olivia's birth went nothing like expected. Being induced was horrendous and then I needed an emergency c/s anyway as she got 'stuck' and would not budge! She came into the world a little grumpy (I think she was too comfy in there) but perfectly healthy and beautiful. We got to spend 4 great days together as a family in the family hospital room before I started to get really sick. It is a long and confusing story but the short version is that I developed a very rare infection (took them 5 days to diagnose exactly what kind) that started to eat away at the fat and tissue layer in my abdomen (sorry if this is TMI). I was rushed to ICU and then surgery (twice) to clean out the infection. I still have a long way to go but after 3 weeks in hospital I am finally home. I will be having regular visits from a home nurse to check up on me and change my dressing, there are huge restrictions on what I am allowed to do (not supposed to lift Olivia but I am not letting that stop me), have to take it very easy for about 3 months and there is the possibility of needing more surgery in the future to fix up the wound. So basically giving birth was NOTHING like I had anticipated!

Anyway onto better things..... Olivia is gorgeous. She makes us laugh all the time with the strange noises she makes when eating and when asleep. She is amazingly alert and loves to chat all the time. She was the absolute darling of the hospital the last few weeks and all the nurses asked about her more than me! Rob and I can't get over how beautiful and perfect she is, she totally has Rob wrapped around her little finger already. Olivia is a bit of a fussy eater though and likes to snack rather than eat big meals :-( Although last night she went for 5 hours between feeds so cant complain too much.

Sorry but I haven't had time to catch up on all the news of the last 3 weeks but I do know I missed a lot of babies arrivals - CONGRATS TO ALL!

Alicia Congrats on the birth of Olivia.. I am so glad you are home! Sorry you got an infection.. I hope you continue to recover well...

Alicia and Trish - I hope you are both feeling better soon.

Nic - a Christmas smile - what better present (other than lots of sleep) could you want.

We are still at my parent's house, going to Tamworth tomorrow to the Inlaws until New Year's Day and then back to Sydney. Sofia has been a bit unsettled, I think she is a bit stuffy in her nose and is having a bit of an issue getting her wind up. I have tried the Fess, but I have some other wind stuff that I haven't tried yet. Hope fully she will get better today, nothing make me feel like a bad mummy than taking a sick child to my MIL's place, last time she asked me what I did to make Maria sick all the time (I have an asthmatic child).

Just thought I would pop in and say hello. I have had a quick read through to catch up and I posted in our old buddies thread.

I have a windy bubs as well so we are still figuring out what works. Monique was really unsettled and she fed on and off from 10pm last night to 2.30 this morning. After not having any sleep since 10am yesterday, I was in tears and over it. Thankfully DH settled her for 2 hours while I had a sleep and she fed again at 4.30 but only took an hour. I am hoping we get in a routine soon.

Missy stirring so will pop in later.

Hmmm can't seem to upload photos of Olivia up to my gallery at the moment but have put a picture on my ticker. I know I am biased but I think she is gorgeous!

she is very gorgeous

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast