Thread: Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

Default Babies Born February 16th-28th 2009 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born February 16th ~ 28th 2009

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Babies Born in our Group!

2nd Feb 2:54pm (16 days early) -*Det*- "Levi Peter James" - 8lbs
    7th Feb 5:23pm (9 days early) -MelanieKate- "Lachlan Ashley" - 5lbs 15oz
    13th Feb 6:25pm (3 days early) -Laura133- "Bella Grace Vail" - 7lbs 4oz
    13th Feb (1 day early) -Andjxx- "Harris Pedro"
    18th Feb 5:35am (2 days early) - Ocean Princess- "Isabel Dawn" - 8lbs 3oz
    18th Feb 7:50pm (3 days late) - AJP - "Millie Rose" -8lb 1.5oz
    19th Feb 3:17pm (4 days early) - Nai - "Juliette Nicola" - 3810g
    20th Feb 6.40pm (8 days late) - Tarkine - "Alexander Addison" - 3100g
    23rd Feb Traceyandtribe - Milana Matilda Rose -8lb 3oz
    23rd Feb (21 days early)- Megimoppit - " Emelia Rose" - 6lb 6oz
    25th Feb 7.30pm (14 days early) - HollyM - Leon Caleb Alexander - 6lb 7oz
    26th Feb 7.52am ( ) NZgirl - Heidi Honor - 8lb30z
    26th Feb 12.49pm (8 days early) Nate- 9lb 1oz
    27th Feb 8.51am (14 days early) Ellie - Anika Elise -8lb 11oz
    28th Feb 7.48pm (3 days late) -Shellbell3 -Emily Rose Lillian - 7lb 9oz
    1st March 2.38am (12 days late) -Heaven -Grace- 8lb 10oz
    9th march - 3.12am (13 days late) - Alibaby - Ashlyn Elizabeth- 8lb 1oz
    11th March 8.53am( ) - ~Kaz~ - Jacob Hunter - 3.84kg

i'll bbl for personals, going to catch up with my hospital buddies and our bubs!!

oh i wish i got to know my hospital buddies!!

just a quick one from me. Had to take Ash to the doctors as she had a big sp[otty red rash that came up overnight on one side of her face, in her hair on her neck and shoulder. She has a viral infection and I just need to put sorbolene on it a few times a day but the poor poppit is really unsettled and i can tell its irritating her.
    Laura- so happy that you are seeing Barb, let us know how it goes.
    Kaz- love the avvy! Woohoo!!!!
    Heaven- coslept with DP and DD last night. DP asked me if he could co-sleep with me so I couldnt say no. I had DD the same way Nai described ans she just wears a wondersuit and her sleeveless sleeping bag.

Will bbl for more personals as I have a mental blank and am typing one handed! Starting to get used to the one handed typing though!!!

Meeting today with Barb was fantastic, she is so supportive of my decision and has given me some great advice!!
    I put bella on the boob at the meeting and she had no problem taking it she was like a little gremlin just sucked and sucked and after about 30 mins of being there i felt that familiar feeling.. i was leaking!!! WOOOOOO its going to take some time to get back to normal but we have achieved the first step already!!!!

Wow Laura - that's great!!

Hey Laura that's great news!!

Ali, hope DD's rash clears up soon.

AJP, what do you mean by hospital buddies??

L is still unsettled and having wind and reflux problems. Only 1 week until we have the paed appointment. Can't wait to get him on some meds (sounds bad huh?). I'm at my wits end!

Hope everyone else and bubs are doing well, I'll be back tomorrow - got a MCHN app and soo looking forward to the weigh in! He is getting so tubby!

Laura - that's great news.

AFM - A has his whooping cough vaccination tomorrow... hope everything goes well. another booby fest today, although we did manage to have a walk to the shops, so he was off for almost 3 hours!

thought I'd edit this post went to the dr on friday for 6 week checkup - DS is doing really well, my BP is 80/60 and I just blacked out in the shower - going to have some really cool bruises to show for it too!! I'm ok.. ain't the first time, just glad that I didn't have little A with me.
    Last edited by Malyna; April 7th, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

Awesome news Laura!!

Tarkine- hope tomorrow goes well

Holly- it is awful seeing your baby sick. I hope you can get some meds as well. I was devastated for little Ashlyn today.

Jols- how was your meet up?

hospital buddies are the 3 other girls i shared a 4 bed ward with, 4 babies born within 36 hrs of each other, unlucky to get a 4 bed ward, but to be honest was the best thing ever, these girls are wonderful!!

laura yay on relactating id love to meet barb, shes wonderful!!

tarkine wow thats low BP, i felt dead at 80/40 take care of yourself hun.

ali poor ashlyn, i hope the rash clears soon for both of you

nai i need to go back and read the last thread.... bbs ... id love to co sleep but too scared and plus i realllllly need some good sleep

holly hun i hope the paed can help you guys must be tough seeing leon so upset.

sara arnt the smiles the greatest millie is 'talking' too which is lovely!

kaz millie feeds around 7-8 feeds a day, but to be honest i have no real idea i just flop the boob out!

well i had a great day with the girls!! we just talked and laughed for hours!
    i have my 6 week ck up tomorrow..fun
    millie has her vacs next wednesday too
    Last edited by Olive; April 7th, 2009 at 08:08 PM.

Laura - that's fantastic hun!! You'll get there!
    AJP - Are the hossy buddies the other mums you were in with when you had Millie? That's pretty cool that you catch up with them! Jacob was 11 days late and was 8 pound 7 ounces for the list. ETA - glad you had a good time, especially a good laugh!
    SJ - I don't blame you!! If Jacob were putting on more weight, I would be lying to them too!! I have been documenting each feed - the time, what's in the nappy and a few points about how the feed goes (length, fussing etc) over the past few days. Its a PITA, especially when I can't remember the overnight feeds the next morning If he hasn't gained "enough" at the next weigh in (tomorrow) then I'll be asking them for more help than simply "try to get another feed in each day"
    Holly - Oh I hope this week goes fast for you! (Not that I'm wishing your time with DS away but just to get him looked at by the paed). The MCHN here suggested reflux for Jacob but I'm not sure if he has it or not. Was it you who mentioned the grunting in the sleep with wind a while back? J did that this morning between 7 and 8am. Didn't wake himself up but I couldn't sleep waiting for him to start crying! So frustrating.
    Tarkine - Hun I hope you're ok? Sounds like the fall hurt! That's great you got out to the shops and that DS is doing so well.
    Ali - Poor Ashlyn with that rash! Sounds like it was a bit scary for you. I completely empathise with little Ash, I have ANOTHER rash on my bbies now that itches like mad and leaves little red marks when I scratch it. I can now count 4 different looking rashes I've had since the week before having Jacob. It's getting ridiculous. I hope Ashlyns skin clears up real soon. Yay on co-sleeping with your DP!!

Who have I forgotten?? Hi Nai; Shell; Meg; Odette; Ellie; argh sorry baby brain strikes again!

AFM - Trip to work went ok today. I managed to avoid most of the gossipy sticky beaks which was great! I kept thinking about him and wondering what was happening but I was only away a couple of hours. He slept the whole time I was gone and only woke in the car when DP was coming to pick me up. Ah well, there is now a nice stock pile of EBM in the freezer!

Feeding has gone better today. We've fed 6 times so far. My left side is nearly all healed up and he hasn't been so fussy on it since yesterday. Going for the weigh in tomorrow morning - wish us luck and a big number girls!

Ali, I hope Ash is ok. It's so awful when they are sick.

Tarkine, that sounds like it hurt. Is your BP normally low? Lucky A wasn't with you!

Kaz, good luck tomorrow for your weigh in. Fingers crossed for big numbers. J grunts in her sleep a lot and she often spews afterwards also in her sleep - that's one reason I was also thinking reflux.

Nai - my BP is normally around 110/70, although I have had it tested and they couldn't get a reading and I was really dizzy and fainted!

Yep the fall did hurt.. knew I'd blackedout because I didnt' remember falling or yelling out, but found myself hanging over the side of the bath. Lucky I missed my ribs in the fall, my left arm and left leg took most of the impact. The first thing I said when DH arrived was "Did I wake Alex?" Took me 5 hours to get him into his bassinette and the last thing I wanted was another 5 hours with him on the boob to settle!

KAZ ive been a thinking i wouldnt try to add another feed as he may well be filling up too much on foremilk and not getting enough hindmilk, the foremilk quenches his thirst and makes him sleepy, hindmilk has all the fat.

hi all,

Just thought I would share the photo I just had done of Milana's name in the sand,
    can't post the link but if you go to google and type in 'names in the sand', when the page comes up, type in Milana on the search blog bit at the top left hand corner and scroll down to see the photo.
    I think it is really special, you try anything you can to honour the baby you have lost.
    At the moment collecting teddy bears as well, off the local school and playgroups to give to the bubs in NICU in memory of Milana, a teddy is given to each baby in there, it will have a tag on it with Milana's name and DOB on. The group that runs it is called teddy love club or bears of hope (can also google them) they run all over Australia, they are trying to cover all hospitals.
    Hope you are all well with your gorgeous little bundles,

Tracey- just beautiful...

Tarkine- I must have missed your earlier post. You poor thing. I hope you are okay.

Kaz- you poor thing with all your rashes. glad the work trip went well, has that lady who was going to knit things for bubs been annoying you? I was wondering how all that with her was going to go down. All this talk about gaining weight reminds me of the biggest loser but we want the biggest gainer tomorrow for your little man! It sounds like you are doing a great job and everythign that you can for your little man.

Jols- SOunds like a great day! Good luck with the 6wk check up tomorrow!

Tracey - what a beautiful photo, such a fantastic keepsake for you xx

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast