Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2006

Bruky - yes I was talking about OB and paediatricians refund!! I think i have preggo brain!

$3k baby bonus.. perhaps the lady at medicare did tell me 21 days.. I cant remember. Great that you can get it in 48 hours!!! I still have to open Allegra's bank account. She got money from family when she was born and its just sitting there. We will put the bonus money in there too. We are planning on setting up a education fund with the money and adding to it every week so when she finally goes to school there is some money there to make life easier!

As to the money paid at tax time, I think thats the family payments from Centrelink that you are referring to. You can have it paid fortnitly or at tax time. As I could be bothered filling out all the details I will do it at a later date. I'm not even sure if we are eligable.. there is some fiscal cut off I think.

As to feeding.. Allegra was the same when she was born. Sleeping on the job all the time but now she is feeding like she is some starving infant!!! I hope she is putting on massive amounts of weight as she is still so little!

I did see a LC at the hospital and had great help through our local ECHC as they sent me to a breastfeeding clinic and in 2 sessions the nurse there had us feeding with no troubles.

Allegra is one month old today yayayayayayay must have a photo session when she wakes up and has her feed.

Dear me, its 2pm... where does the day go?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessT
    Bruky - yes I was talking about OB and paediatricians refund!! I think i have preggo brain!

$3k baby bonus.. perhaps the lady at medicare did tell me 21 days.. I cant remember. Great that you can get it in 48 hours!!! I still have to open Allegra's bank account. She got money from family when she was born and its just sitting there. We will put the bonus money in there too. We are planning on setting up a education fund with the money and adding to it every week so when she finally goes to school there is some money there to make life easier!

As to the money paid at tax time, I think thats the family payments from Centrelink that you are referring to. You can have it paid fortnitly or at tax time. As I could be bothered filling out all the details I will do it at a later date. I'm not even sure if we are eligable.. there is some fiscal cut off I think.

As to feeding.. Allegra was the same when she was born. Sleeping on the job all the time but now she is feeding like she is some starving infant!!! I hope she is putting on massive amounts of weight as she is still so little!

I did see a LC at the hospital and had great help through our local ECHC as they sent me to a breastfeeding clinic and in 2 sessions the nurse there had us feeding with no troubles.

Allegra is one month old today yayayayayayay must have a photo session when she wakes up and has her feed.

Dear me, its 2pm... where does the day go?
    FYI, I know someone who got their baby bonus within 4 days; whereas it took three weeks + for ours. The 'tax time' money is $600 per child regardless of your family income is it not? The $600 is pro-rated depending on when your child is born during the financial year. ie. Maddy was born in December, so we will get about $300 this year; and the full $600 for her next financial year.

Yes the payments are mega confusing.. part a and part b... heheheh I'll have to check every couple of days to see how long the bonus takes to go into our account!!

bruky Guest

There's also one called the Baby Bonus...thats the one you claim through your tax return...I think its up to $500 or was when I had Jordan anyway

Its not to be confused with the $600 per child or FTA or FTB...thats a different thing altogether

I'll try and explain how it worked for me

I was working full time the financial years before Jordi and after I had him I didnt work fo 6 months so my income was not the same over the 2 years so I got the Baby Bonus of $493 at the time as my income had dropped??? Not sure if I am explaining it correctly but its all there on the ATO site...will see what I can find...but its all different things

Shannon - hiya \/ she loves sleeping with me, we have had a much better day...even got a 3 hour sleep then she woke up and over 2 hours had 2 feeds off each boob, then play and bath and is back in bed, so maybe she is just working it all out...I hope so anyway

Hi A1l

Haven’t been on line much lately. Been to busy but was determined to spend the day at home today taking it easy. It is amazing how much the interrupted sleep takes it out of you. We had a really busy day yesterday because I took Harrison into work to show him off and then went out to dinner with our old neighbors. We didn’t get home till midnight so very tired this morning. DP looked after Harrison this morning after the feed so I could get a few hours catch up sleep which I really needed.

We have had a few offers on our house which is for sale which is promising. Nothing that we are willing to accept yet but it is getting closer so fingers crossed. We went to an open house on the weekend and saw a really nice house which we would love to buy but don’t want to commit to it until our house in Sydney is sold. God I hope it is still available when we are finally in a position to do something about it or I will be disappointed.

Still getting the night sweats. My swelling had pretty much gone so I don’t know why I’m still sweating so much I’m not normally a sweaty person, maybe it does have something to do with breast feeding.

I still have to fill out the baby bonus form. I have registered his birth and lodged the Medicare form in when I claimed all of our medical expenses but the I am only half way through the baby bonus form. You have all motivated me so I will try to finish it off this afternoon.

As for wind, Harrison gives me big burps after most feeds and he farts like a trooper. I have only had 2 times when he had had wind pains but have managed to get the wind out of him through either or both ends after a few min of burping and patting him.

Hope everyone else is coping well.

Ok thought Kayla and I would come in and say Hi!!!!

Kayla is doing well. We had a bit of an unsettled night last night. She wantd to suck all the time, so I have tried out the dummy today, and it has so far worked a treat. Lets hope my nipples can recover now

We will be going back to the hospital tomorrow for a check up on Kayla's jaundice, just to make sure her levels are not rising.

I have updated my website, if anyone wants to have a look

I hope you Mummy's and Bubby's are doing really well, and I'll pop back later.

Thanks Jillian and Fletch. I think she is just adorable too

Mum is here at the moment and will be staying for a week, so she is doing all the houswork and cooking, which helps heaps.

Adam is at work this week and then has 4 weeks off from next week.

bruky Guest

Allo mummies and bubbies

Thought I better pop in and say Hi, things have been pretty full on for me. Had some major problems with breastfeeding and that kept me busy busy busy.

I had one good boob and one that was slowly getting worse, no matter what I did I couldnt get the attachment right so each feed was going downhill in a hurry.

Katie was taking up to 5 hours to feed at times where she would feed fall asleep I would wake her up and then we would go again then i would try to settle her in bed but she would just wake up screaming for another feed within 10-15 minutes so the whole process started again...this mainly happened at night but then she started doing it in the daytime too...I couldnt get anything else done cause all I was doing was feeding, the stress was really getting to me.

I went and bought some nipple shields on Sunday as we were heading out to the show...She had one feed on my bad boob with the shield before we left which worked well so I thought great =D> problem fixed...but NOOOO whilst at the show it was feed time so I put her on the bad boob first with the shield...wouldnt take it, so I took the shield off and thought just do it!! She wouldnt take that either cause she was getting blood so switched to the good boob, it took 32 attempts for her to latch on properly and start sucking (this was another new trick she was pulling on me over the last few days)...she would go on then pull a face and then let go???? I had done nothing different than to before, no creams or soap on my nipples so i dont know what it was she didnt like the taste of.

So here I am with a screaming baby, me in tears once again (fairly common over the last few days with all this fussing around and long feeds) in public and DH finally said "thats enough she goes on the bottle"

All the way home I beat myself up over it...thats now 3 children that I just cant seem to feed properly but at the same time I felt so much pressure lift off my shoulders. I really did try to get through the pain of it all but the long feeds really did me in and the top of my nipple just hanging there was the final straw for me. That was sunday and still now its a mess.

I think I have done the right thing, I'm upset that it didnt work but I dont have the guilts...as DH pointed out we already have 2 extremely healthy children that were bottle fed and the main thing is happy mommy = happy baby.

Oh and she is now sleeping and settling...only awake for about an hour and back to sleep which is what newborns should do....lol

SO thats what has been happening with me...I hope you are all going well with babies in arms and they are sleeping and being good lil angels for you O

Wilson Guest

Just thought i'd pop in as well and say hi looks like i'm not alone with the unsettled bubs which is good, hard to type though as harry is asleep in my lap, hasn't slept all morning...so i'm not game to move.
    last night was our best night so far hubby settled him and i got some sleep and just fed was much better, we had an all nighter the other night as well which wasn't fun. But getting there slowly, getting used to having no sleep more now i think

he poops and pees like a little trooper, and is really just lovely, i love being a mum!!

Anyways better be off, will pop in more often once we figure it all out a bit more hehe

Wilson Guest

nadine Kayla is gorgeous

Wilson Guest

Forum Name: Wilson
    State:
    Baby's DOB: 21/02/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 40z, 52cm, 33cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Harrison Mark Lister
    Baby's Website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarsjan...7594050544875/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

orum Name: Apple
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 24/02/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 8lb 80z, 50cm, 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Bonnie
    Baby's Website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmao/s...7594062126800/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Hi guys,

We're back, with baby in tow. No time to post now, but I amn good (though a little sore after an epsiotimy and forceps) and Bonnie is doing really well. Still working on settling her at night as she's much better at sleeping in the say time, damn it!
    Boobs are tender and sore, but I *think* her attatchment is ok. Bruky, so sorry to hear the dramas you had, I can understand the frsutration, and we are not having the same amount of stress. I was crying before when she wouldn't suck - just put her mouth on and looked at me! So hard!

Looking forward to coming back to chat very soon,

Hi everyone,

Firstly CONGRATS to all of you on your new arrivals

just thought i would introduce myself. Technically i am a March buddy but i knew all along that my little man would be born in Feb.

Liam Brock was born at 38 weeks on the 18th of feb weighing in at 5pd 5oz. He is our 2nd child, Bradley our first was four in December.

Liam has started to settle into a routine and is sleeping alot better at night now. In hospital and the first few nights at home he would stay awake unsettled between feeds but i think that was due to the changes the breastmilk was going through and also establishing the flow etc. I had forgotton how sensitive nipples were once a little person started to feed on them I too ended up with a good boob and a bad one. One is still alittle tender for those first half dozen sucks but slowly getting better. I am nedding to feed him about every 3-3 1/2 hrs even though he can go up to four. But due to his small birth size , his low blood sugars at birth, and the fact that his weight has dropped again since discharged the early childhood nurse suggested getting in as many feeds as he will take during the day(he can go up to 5 overnight) in order to ensure his blood sugars don't drop again and that he regains weight.

Anyway enough of me yabbering on. I look forward to chatting with you all and swapping stories of our new bundles.

kas

Well hi ladies - and WELCOME. Good to see we all made it over here safely and sound.

Apple and Nadine and Bruky and wilson - your bubs are all delicious (you girls are recent posters, im not ignoring you other mummy's i promise).

Apple - love the name.

Sophie is great. Put on weight which is good to hear. Nadine, congrats on introducing the dummy. I bought one today, cause i was simply sick of being a milk machine every hour. She isnt taking to it though. I think she would suck on me all day if i let her. Anyway i have nurse coming over tomorrow, so will discuss then. She sleeping well - 2-3 hourly stints at night.

Finding it very CHALLENGING with 2 little beans........im exhausted, dont have my lunch till 3pm, my ironing is falling out of the laundry and my bladder is crying out for help (i just dont have time to do a wee !!!!!!). My gorgeous DH is taking a month off work to ease the new addition into our family.

Love and kisses to all.......

Wilson Guest

Lol with the dummies, i got mine out the 2nd night in hospital when he wouldn't sleep, he has taken well to it which is great, hubby doesn't really want us to use one but its not his boobs that H is sucking on constantly so bugger him hehe, Hubby is actually much better at settling him than i am...We bought a breast pump yesterday haven't used it yet other than to do a quick test but might once my milk has settled in...

I am so lucky that i have my mum here for 2 weeks, hubby is on a week off but then going back and taking leave in April, they are both fantastic and doing loads so not sure how i'll cope when everyone leaves.

Good to see all the familiar faces, Apple Bonnie is just gorgeous so cute, although arn't they all

Hi Kas nice to meet you

Just a quick response to Bruky's post.

I have had the exact same problem with Kayla. She latches on and then has a suck, screws up her face and then gets upset. This has only been happening since my milk has come in.

So i tried expressing a bit to soften the aereola, but that didn't work. My nipples were getting sore and cracked, so I am now expressing and giving her the bottle.

None of the feeding trouble bothered her though. She was so good, even though she wasn't getting much milk. Poor little thing.

I will attempt BF again when my nipples are healed, and I also think her mouth may be a bit small for my nipple, so hopefully in a few weeks time she will be able to latch on. But I don't mind expressing, as long as she gets my milk i am happy

Will do more personnals later on.

I had the same problem Nadine, with too much milk coming out, and was suggested to hand express a little before putting her on. It seems to work for me. I also tried swapping techniques, and on the left side she takes better when in the footy hold!

How often is everyone feeding? We are going about every 3.5 hours I think. Is this normal? I'd like to try and time the feeds so she feeds around 10pm, 2am and 6am or thereabouts... we are going to experiment over the next day or two.

We are also on teh dummy, well Bonnie is - and it's a god send! Great for when I need ot hand express before a feed and when settling her if she wants to suck. Loving it!

And about settling, what are some tricks!!??? At night, she takes longer to settle.... bummer eh!

xx

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast