Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born February 2006

Teena / oh, no, didn't know that. Rimini had just closed down when we left last time. Cool!! Will have to try that !

Nadine / so sorry to hear about the mastitis! Ouch! Hope you get better soon!!!

Smiling / well... she does twitch her lips into a smile every now and then but always when asleep... Wolf did not smile at me until he was almost 7 weeks old... so am not holding my breath.

Wind / as madam drinks sooooooo fast, she has some serious burps trapped sometimes. I never used to burp Wolf but she gets quite unsettled and then when I pick her up and pat her she lets the biggest burps rip... shocking for a girl he he Farting... hmmm.. I think she's got that one down pat... we'll work on the manners later in life, hey?

Me / well Zara is sick which is really upsetting. She had 37.8 deg last night and she had slept all day and I was quite worried. Today she is back at 37.4 deg, so I guess she is on the mend. Wolf keeps shoving things in her mouth (his dummy, his toothbrush, etc.), so she probably picked up his cold. She is still quite sniffly and I was in tears last night as I was so worried, but she seems much better today and has been awake for an hour, whereas yesterday she just slept all day. Poor little princess

I love my children, I love my children, I love my children! I am so happy at the moment... Wolf is such a darling and Zara is just so cute ... dunno what's going on... some crazy post-natal hormonal stuff??
    well... I will take this... it beats the crap out of the teary post-natal hormone stuff! lol

Snowy

Hi mummas and bubbas,

Well my mum is finally here! It is just wonderful to see her again. She will be staying for 4 weeks... major help with everything too, she is keeping me sane. Dh is back at work this week (again).

Ben is doing well. Loves all the extra cuddles he is getting! Still feeding every 4 hours (give or take an hour or so). Feeding isnt painful anymore. Im still not enjoying it though. I keep thinking about putting Ben on formula... But i feel really guilty when i think about it. I dont have a great reason to do so... I guess i just have to keep to it, and i will get used to it eventually.

Nadine - Oh mastitis, how awful.. Take care of yourself!

Snowy - that is so wonderful you are feeling so happy at the moment. It really does beat the crap out of the baby blues huh? I too am feeling pretty happy at the moment!

Smiling - Ben smiles, im sure he is smiling. Like some of you, its mainly in his sleep though. the other day i was feeding Ben, and half way through he pulled off, smiled and giggled at the same time. Ok, so it might have been wind, but it was absolutely beautiful!

Mbear - I squirted Ben in the eye once.. I felt so sorry for him, but i couldnt stop laughing!

Gotta go, lots to do

Hi ladies,

Nadine - Ouch! at the mastitis. I am pleased to hear you are on the mend as I have heard that is quite painful.

Snowy - It's great to be feeling good isn't it. I think my Dh is pleased to see me smiling a bit more as I think the hormonal baby blues were starting to wear him down.

Feeding - we are getting better with the feeding I think. I had a panic the other day as Brianna was feeding for a while and then fighting the boob. I rang the Community Child Health Centre and at first when I told them what was happening and when I mentioned that she has had green poos for a few days they said that it could be that she wasn't getting enough milk. This sent me into a panic and depression as I then started to think that I was going to have to stop breast feeding. I took her down on Wednesday morning and they weighed her and checked her out and said that she is fine. She has put on 420g in the last week and a half and doing lots of wees which is the main thing. The green poos are just an indication that she is digesting the milk quickly but is getting enough to sustain her - phew!!!!

I haven't expressed any milk. I mustn'y have as much supply as the rest of you ladies. My cousin is sending me the breast pump that she bought and never use. I will have a play with it once I get it because I will want to use it to express if we go out somewhere and want her to babysat.

Does anyone else have anxiety about the thought of leaving their precious baby with someone else to go out? Before we had her I told DH that we would go out from time to time and leave her with my parents for a few hours, but I just can't bring myself to do that just yet. It is more DH's parents I don't want to leave her with. It seems aweful to say that but it is just how I feel.

Settling - Brianna pretty much settles herself. If at first she doesn't settle when I put her down I then give her a dummy which she mostly spits out after she goes to sleep. The other day I took the dummy out when she was asleep and she kept right on sucking without realising it was gone - so cute!

Routine - No fixed routine however she generally wakes around the same time each night for a feed - 11-12, then 2-3 and then again 6 or 7. Apple - I know what you mean about the settling. Whilst Brianna doesn't cry a lot getting to sleep but she does lay there awake fidgetting for a while and making lots of noises. she eventually goes to sleep but this can sometimes take up to 45 mins. Last night was good night as she went straight back to sleep after each feed.

When Brianna wakes upand has a feed we are off for a walk down along the lake foreshore and then coffee with my mother. It makes the day go faster if we get out and about a bit. Oh and she likes the pram a bit more now which is great.

Have a great day everyone.

bruky Guest

Holey Dooley girls I seriously have to try and catch up...so many posts

I wont attempt personals cause I am sure to miss someone out...lol

Katie is 4 weeks AND 1 month old today...that doesnt happen often that the weeks and months add up...must be a Feb thing with 28 days

I have been back at work most of this week at any opportunity I can...I used to do bookkeeping for our mechanic and he has just opened up a new shopfront...I had to catch up on Jan to current but the worst thing was back early Jan he backed up his data file and started using it in the new workshop....it was the wrong data file!!!!! So not only am I catching up on 3 months work I have to duplicate all the work he has done into the correct data file...grrrrr

THEN he is switching over to a new accounting package that I have to learn...we did 2 hours training last night and then as I was leaving the trainer basically head hunted me...I work for myself so told him I would consider working for him after I have learnt the package...lol...might be crap yet...lol

The best thing is I can take Katie with me...she sleeps the whole time...dont know how with all the noise of the ratchet guns etc

The MACH nurse came on Wednesday and Katie is now 4280g (birth weight was 3890g) has grown 6cms :shock: and her head is now 38cms (2cms more than birth) so she is going really well but nothing like Aidens...thats huge Narelle...i luv chubby bubbies

Routine - without me trying she seems to have some pattern going...I expect this to change she is only 4 weeks today. So far she wakes @ 7.30am and I have a hard time most mornings with her... I am sure that since she thinks she sleeps most of the night she is entitled to be cuddled all morning O during the day she feeds anywhere from 2.5 - 4 hours in between sleeps...last feed is @ 8.30pm into bed @ 9pm and then sleeps 6+ hours...generally its like clockwork she wakes @ 3.30am and back to 7.30am again

Settling
    - we have at least one really unsettled time during each day but have worked out the way around it now

A SLING - arent they the best...thats how I settle Katie when I need to get things done...she is asleep within 5 mintues, stops crying as soon as I get her into a good pozzie...she loves it...havent taken it shopping yet

Feeding - she is going well on the bottle...so much better for both of us. Boobs have completely dried up now..I did try again but it just didnt happen...and I am ok with that

Wind - Katie is a good burper and farter...lol

Wrapping - yep still wrap, she seems to also realise wrap=sleep

Smiling - we are getting a few a day now...its just too cute!!!

Wishful we have a wedding to go to tomorrow night and I soooo wanted to take Katie with us...DH asked his mum to look after all the kids so we could have a night out as it hasnt happened for so long. I know she will be fine and spoilt rotten but I have this guilt thing happening...been in another thread where mums put me down for letting my kids stay with our parents at a young age...not that it hurt them or us in anyway...my kids only EVER stay with my or DH's parents

Nadine - you poor darlin!!! I too have heard how painful it is, hope its all over soon for you...I had a g/f who had it 7 times...she did so well not to give up

If anyone needs a breastpump I have a Medela I am not using nor likely to use again...its a manual one...I bought it off ebay and used it once (but it was used before I just sterilised everything first)
    Better go Biggest Loser is on...lol

take care everyone \/

Sleeping – Harry sleeps for about 4 hours when he goes down during the day. If I think he is going to go over that I wake him up otherwise he doesn’t sleep well for me during the night. He usually has one 4 hour period during the day when he is quite awake and won’t really go down for a sleep. Harry self settles most of the time but sometimes he falls asleep at the breast.
    Harry is wrapped when he goes to sleep and I also had the problem with him wanting his arms out. I started only wrapping him from the waist down but he kept waking himself up because he kept punching himself in the face and head so went back to the full wrap. He seams to have gotten used to it now and settles quite well most of the time. I also am having issues with wind so if he is windy there is no way to get him down until I get all the wind up (poor little mite).

Routine – That is starting to happen now in a round about way now that he is a little older. I have come to hate going out of the house, I find that when ever I take him out and interrupt his routine he becomes a little monster. He is fine when we are out but once we gets home he is really hard to settle. Most times I am up till quite late at night trying to pacify him. Hence we don’t go out much.

DTD – No way, DP has dropped hints but I just can’t be bothered at the moment. I think once he starts to sleep through the night that side of things may get back on track. At least I don’t have to worry about the stitches or bruising because I had a caesarian.

Leaking Boobs – Don’t rally have that problem. I really like the “Rite Aid” breast pads. They can get really full and they never seem to leak on me. You can get them from Coles or Woolies and they aren’t to expensive either which is a bonus.

I had a bath with Harry the other night. Hi just loved it, he was so relaxed and only cried when DP took him out to get him dressed.

Smiling - Yes Harrison smiles. It is really funny to watch him when he is sleeping and he is having a dream. He will frown and look like he is about to cry and then this huge grin will come on his face.

Nadine – Sorry to hear about your mastitis. I hope it is clearing up for you and you are starting to feel a little more comfortable.

Expressing – My mum has gone to pick up an electric breast pump that I am hiring. I am going to give it a crack and see how I go. If it works out well then I may buy one. Any hints on expressing from those of you who are expressing would be very much appreciated.

Wow this is a long post. I guess there is a lot to catch up on if you are away for a few days.

Take Care All

Hello girls & bubs!

It's been rather quiet in here the last few days! I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I so enjoy having DH around (though he never does the promised 'morning shift' ... *sigh*)

Our princess currently has babyzits galore. Poor little thing. Wolf had that too though, so am not worried ... it's just not very pretty. Can't wait for it to go away.

As to expressing: it can be tricky. The first time I could not get out a single drop. I think you best try to be very relaxed, look at your baby, lean forward a bit. You can also try to express on one side while you breastfeed on the other (not first hand advice since I only have one 'operating' boob). Also warmth is supposed to help, so putting a warm washcloth on the boob just before is supposed to help.
    Hope that helps. Good luck.

Snowy

hi all,

Nadine - mmm sorry to hear about your mastitis. I had it twice with #1 DD, i too was on anitbiotics, and didnt notice any effects with bubs. I remember the day i was diagnosed with it - i thought i was dying, felt really weak, tired and run down. HOpe your over it now, never to return.

Sophie is 1 month old today. Wow how time flies. We've been out a bit this week - just me and my two girls. Im getting pretty confident now. I even fed Sophie sipping a latte in a gloria jeans shop the other day. (i was told by the shop assistant i do it very discretely, she didnt even know i was breastfeeding, thought i was just nursing bubs).
    DD #1 seems to be fascinated by her sister, and insists on smothering her with kisses (leaning fully on her mind you).

DH went to football on fri night - my first night alone with putting the two to bed......it was hard. DD #1 hates going to bed, has wiped out her day time sleeps (grrrrr), so is very cranky come 7pm when its her bedtime. THis has been happening well b4 Sophie. Its really trying, but we're getting there. All in all the night went well. I dread when DH goes back to work though - 2 weeks today......(he does 2 days, 2 nights, then 4 days off).

Missy is stirring, best be off.......

bruky Guest

Snowy - Katie has a few too and its sooooo hard to not touch them...lol My DH and DD stay clear of me if they have obvious pimples...lol I cant help myself I have to 'get em'.

Has anyone elses babies hair changed colour??? Katie came out light brown like the other two but her hair now has a definate red tinge to it Its a bit of a throwback from both sides of the family...I have natural red highlights but am still fairly dark...DH is mousy brown.

Also most of it has fallen out from the top of her head...same thing happened with Jordi and he got called Elmer for a few weeks till it grew back...lol Cant be calling KJ Elmer tho!!!

Mbear Jordan is the same with Katie...he loves her so much but is just a little too rough...but its not purposely rough either...like with your DD he is leaning on her whilst kissing and cuddling. His behaviour has gone downhill in a hurry over the last few weeks...definately jealous over Katie...its really hard cause I am trying to get him to help and be involved but he is a mega lil **** too at times...lol

We are having an unsettled day today...cant get her to sleep for much longer than 30 minutes...she justs wants to be held and I had so much to day...got through the housework but she is still not sleeping...grrr...ah the joys

Hi guys,

Good to hear from everyone It's hard to keep up with personals, but as I have said previously - its nice to read how everyone is going.

Bonnie is good, sleeping much better at night and slotting into a bit of a routine - she feeds around 3hrly during the day, and we are still bathing her around 9.30/10pm - I'd like to try bringing this forward to the feed around 7pm, but I'd worry that it would stuff up everything!! She wakes again aroun 2.30/3am, then again 6-7am, which I am fine with - as she is sleeping in between pretty well. She sleeps for about 1-2 hours at a time about twice a day, and the rest of the time is little cat naps. I put her in her pram to sleep sometimes, as I can wheel her around and jiggle her if she gets unsettled.

I'm really feeling like we have come out of the haze of "what the hell are we doing!" I dont feel like we know for sure yet, but I feel more confident and feelk like I understand Bonnie more. The first week home was MADNESS and really hard... so it's nice that it gets better!

Hope you guys are well.

Hi

Excuse me for butting in - I was just surfing a few threads.

Kaydee - I had your problem with the leaky boobs with Hannah and I found the Pidgeon breast pads were the best - they were thicker and didnt move around as much. At the time one of the other Belly Belly ladies suggested putting a chux cloth inside your bra just before you feed to help soak up more of the milk.

Being a Mum s so glamorous isnt it!

Best of luck with your new Bubs.

Hi everyone,

Apple - your feeding and sleep timing sounds very similar to our routine. It is good to hear that someone else has the same 3 hr timing. Sometimes I start to think that it is just me that has a baby waking for feeds through the night. I envy all you other lucky mums that has a bub that sleeps through pretty much. Hopefully that will be us soon.

Bruky - I have a day just like you - not much sleep and very unsettled. Feeding and then fighting at the breast and then crying. It is then hard to settle her to go to sleep. And when she does go off to sleep it only lasts for about an hour.I just found at DH has to work back tonight so I am struggling today with no catch up sleep. I am not looking forward tonight. I was going to bath Brianna after this last feed but she went off straight to sleep so I just put her straight down - agh! I will get Dh to bath her when she wakes for her next feed.

I noticed Brianna has a nasty red rash in one of her neck skin folds when I was looking at her today. She must have got it from moisture collecting there from when she has her little vimits after feeds. It looks really nasty and I feel guilty that it is my fault that she has it from poor cleaning. I find that place hard to wash as it is where we hold her when we bath her. I will have to try and get in there and clean it some more when we bath her tonight.Poor little thing as it looks very sore.

Have a good night everyone.

Wilson Guest

quick drop in with have visitors at the moment and more arriving at the end of the week so busy busy.

Harrison is going ok, sleep is up and down some nights longer the next every 3-4 hours but i go to bed at 9:30pm and hubby does the last feed with formula (I'm formula feeding mostly now and will be fully in a week or so) so i am still getting some sleep before he wakes again so thats good.

He is 4 weeks today,where does the time go, hard to believe really. the last few days we have noticed he is seeing things now, he was following his pop's hand and watching tv and he stares at your face and things which is lovely. Now for my first real smile and that would be perfect.

We are going to get H weighed sometime this week.

Oh and i think i've got my bloody period back already ](*,)
    My bleeding from the birth dropped off to almost nothing and now since yesterday i have bleeding again not heavy heavy but not just spotting either, after 10 months though its weird.

Nadine sorry to hear about your mastitis, hope its all gone now.

Apple lol i think we are going past that phase to and getting more used to things a bit, at 4am i still have the what are we doing thoughts though

Hope everyone is well sorry no time for more personals but thinking of you all and your beautiful bubs.

Oh Narelle the email you sent with pic of Aiden the attachment didn't send..so can't view...?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567