Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #2

Impatient - BOL with Bella's needles tomorrow. I really hope that they go as well as they possibly can. Let us know how she goes. I just booked Claudia's in for 2 weeks time. I'm already dreading that.

Thanks for the info about the rod. I can't afford to put any weight on, I have 20kg already to lose!! LOL. I was kinda leaning towards the rod though, for the simple fact is that I can have it removed if it doesn't agree with my body. The injection that you can have lasts 3 months but can't be reversed if you don't take to it & I definitely don't want that new coil thing inserted. I was conceived while my mum had a IUD fitted & I actually grew on it & have a lovely purple mark still on the inside of my elbow. I don't think the idea of something foreign living 'up' there anyway!

Love Jayne xox

just another quickie...

DS's poo has chunks in, is usually orange but sometimes a bit greeny. Kirsten, I'm glad there's more green BF poo out there!

Contraception - DH is in charge of remembering to wear something, not that it's an issue right now as he's always "too tired". Bah, he didn't wake up last night and only once the night before (for me, 2 and 6 - DS now wakes up before midnight to come into my bed, then about 2ish for a feed, then we get up after 6.30 when he wakes - only a few nights he wakes every hour or so), I'm constantly tired and he thinks I'm on some sort of holiday. I can't nap in the day as the second I put DS down he wakes up and co-sleeping on the sofa is Bad. Anyway, I want another baby so don't want anything long-lasting.

Birth - I really didn't need the epidural (well, maybe for the hand, but that's another story) and I really wish I'd ripped the monitor off. I don't mind the ventouse or synctoin so much, just the fact that I knew certain drugs could kill DS and took them anyway. And he wasn't breathing when he was born, just like what happens to his daddy when he has anasthesia.

Feet - DS has grown out of some 1-year-old socks! I know pumpkin patch errs on the small side, but even so! He's going to be nice and big like his Mummy - who has feet so big she was surprised that she could wear girls' trainers forthe first time since she was 12 yesterday! (Yay, I finally have pink trainers!)

Hi girls

In regards to contraception, atm, DH is taking charge in that dept, but I am seriously considering getting fitted for a diaphragm... anyone used one before?
    I have heard when used correctly, they can be very effective. I fell pregnant with James whilst on the pill (thanks to a tummy bug!) and I have had big side effects on 5 different types of pill, so I can't use most hormone based contraceptives effectively anyway.

annef6722 Guest

hey girls

BFing, so must be brief:

me: minipill.(and BFing). did you all hear about that new ring, that is inserted - sounds ok?

cam was ok with needles - just did the cutest cry after each one . i bought panadol, but he hated the taste - and wouldn't swallow it - kept coughing. nurofen supposed to taste better, but can only have from 3 months?

Jemima has her needles on Monday, I have booked her in to my normal doctor not the clinic as it is being dodgy and refurbishing and stuff like that at the moment and the nurses I get at the clinic are always so dozey..... the one I had last time was the same one i had had 2 weeks before that and she was telling me how 2 weeks ago she had seen a baby named Jemima and then told me exactly the same Jemima stories as she had 2 weeks before and she always asked me what i wanted to do... so I was like "how about we weigh her??" hmmmm I guess you get what you pay for sometimes...

The babydoc said that only 5% of babies have problems with the needles, 95% of them get over it straight away so panadol and all those things are really not necessary, so I am hoping Jem is in that awesome 95%...

Contraception as you know I am not wanting anything and hopeing breastfeeding is not a powerful contraceptive for me but if I was not I would be going the minipill too, so Lisa I dont know about rings or anything I always had friends that did well with the injection I had one friend that had one that worked for 3 years.... I could never do that as I do too much and cant plan 3 years in advance....

Jemima slept in today, must have not had enough little naps yesterday, so today rather than waking me at 5.30 it was 6.30am, she puts herself to bed just before 8pm so I am loving this! I even went to bed not too late myself so we are about to go for our walk that had been getting later and later (I had been getting her to sleep with me after morning feed until just before 9am heheheeh I am remembering that I am not a morning person.... so I will try and get her in the same mindframe...)

Have a great Thursday everyone.... I have an exciting day including a trip to medicare and tonight my neighbour will be over to do my nails - asian nail art $5 for fingers $5 for toes BARGAIN - and I have taped "medium" from last night to watch, I did all the washing yesterday so I could if I wanted iron it I guess....... then just go through the gazillion baby, puppy or trip photos I have to sort.... WHAT A LIFE (oh and teach princess the letter "A" seems like it will be the next easiest letter after "O" which is so cute to watch her say!) (her Daddy thinks the vowels are very important)

oh yeah, Ryn, my SIL's baby Hannah has bright green poo and she is breastfed and has a poo everyday I think as well.... Jemima had another pumpkin soup one yesterday morning and I have a feeling when I go change her now it will be pumpkin soup as well as I heard interesting noises when I was feeding her so maybe I am up for pumpkin soup poos everyday?? UPDATE no pumpkin souptoday so maybe yesterday was left over from night before.... i cant believe my life is revolving around poo!
    Last edited by smylie; April 12th, 2007 at 08:21 AM.

Kell - Harry was fine after his needles... he was a bit grumpy and sore where it went in, it was difficult to hold him whilst BF as they were on both upper thighs and he is usually laying on his side whilst feeding... so I would hurt his poor little legs... So we fed in bed and that seemed to work for us, then the next day his legs seemed less sore so it was easier. We didn't use panadol or anything. My nephew Taj gets sick and grumpy for days after the Pneumococcal needle, apparently a lot of kids do.
    BOL for everyone who's bubbas are having needles soon

Hmmm, after the contraception talk, I'm keen for DH just to take care of it! I don't like the idea of the mini-pill as apparently there is only a 3 hour window for error & the needle can have reactions that can't be reversed & I'm not a fan of the new coil or the injection.

LISA _ Great to hear that Harry went well after his needles! What a good brave boy you've got. So adorable about the sore little leggies. That's something I didn't think about.

SMYLIE _ I love hearing you gush!!! You're so gorgeous. Jemima sounds like such a dream bub. With her sleeping so well @ night, does she sleep much during the day or just cat-naps? I find Claudia catnaps during the day if we are out & about but at home she sleeps very solidly so I'm trying not to go out as much as I initially was.

ANNE _ I keep Nurofen for my bubs, I could never get Jess to swallow the Panadol becaue it taste like nail polish remover. Nurofen goes down much easier & I think they have a Nurofen now that they can take from 4 weeks. I haven't tried it with Claudia yet, I have been tossing up whether to give her a dose before the needles but she has never had anything foreign go down her throat yet, so I don't want to start IKWIM?

RYN _ WTG on the girlie runners! PMSL! I too get Orange poos but sometimes they are almost fluroscent! They are chunky too. Isn't it funny how we study their poos so intently! LOL. Please dont' think I'm stupid, but is Liebling the real name of your bub? I think I remember reading somewhere before that it was his pet name while you were pg but I can't for the life of me remember. Call it baby brain! LOL.

Big hellos to everybody & big smiles & kisses for all your gorgeous bubs.

OH yeah, I forgot to say, who is still wrapping their bubs for sleep? Claudia is big on the wrapping, I'm starting to loosen her off when she's in the hammock but she won't settle unless she's wrapped & at night she is fussy as until I wrap her, put her on the breast & then she drifts off to dream-land.

heheeheheh
    yep Ryn's baby's name is Liebling.... heheheehe no it's not but I'll let her tell you, actually Ryn on the topic of your baby names.... WHAT WAS YOUR GIRL'S NAME??? can you tell us now??? pretty please???

Hello Jayne... I can be pretty full on sometimes and have only email and bellybelly as my contact with outside world somedays so you all get to hear about everything...! Jemima has cat naps during the day mostly but usually in the middle of the day has at least 3 to 5 hours sleep as well not usually in her bassinette or cot though so it may not be deep sleep which may explain why she is happy to be in her bassinette ALL night she kept me and benji up the other night though not crying or wanting us just sucking really loudly on her fingers... it sounded like she was swallowing her fist... she only sucks on her fingers (and doesnt suck anything else not fingers or blankets or anything) when she is hungry so i was going to feed her as soon as she made some kind of noise that indicated she wanted me to feed her (otherwise I was not going to volunteer at midnight as then she may have thought it was something that was cool to do....) (and i have already told her how cool it is that she entertains herself at nighttime.... and that when the suns comes up we can play again.... and we kinda wrap her up when she sleeps not her arms she never kept them in anyhow just the lower half of her to keep her kinda snuggly, pretty sure she would sleep without it but in the bassinette we may as well as there is not alot of room for normal blanket/sheet type set up, she is almost in the cot but benji likes her in our room ho hum (even with the baby monitor now) MAYBE i'll move the bassinette right now so that when we put her to bed tonight she will be in the nursery!

Lisa how is Harry's weight now?? Do they know why he isnt gaining that much weight? My friends baby was the same but as soon as they got her to express and formula top up he put on 500grams in one week! she just kept expressing til she ran out of milk... i think today is the day she is stopping expressing forever and just doing formula... her baby was born on same day as Jemima.... Love harry's stripey outfit in your photo... I love the stripey outfits, Jemima has 2 one red and white (it is the where's wally outfit i bought her at 26wks pregnant) and one i got off ebay wont fit for long as it is size smaller than where's wally but it is purple and dark purple striped and so cool looks so funky with her purple ugboots...
    Last edited by smylie; April 12th, 2007 at 03:21 PM.

Kel - They have no idea why Harry isn't gaining huge amounts...other than a slow start because of his tongue tie, and because he is "genetically small", there is really no reason why he isn't gaing big amounts. He gained 110g in 6 days the other day... thats a huge gain for Harry. I have been asked if I would like to comp with formula, but I have said no... I know what will end up happening and he would end up FF and I don't want that. He and I both enjoy BF and it is so convenient... He is starting to want to feed alot more, and for longer without me having to wake him, so thats a good thing... we're aiming for a 200g weight gain for next week... fingers crossed

Hey Lisa
    That is a huge gain - go Harrison! - Jemima only puts on 500grams a fortnight I think and she is a piggy wiggy with a mummy with too much milk - sounds like Harry is on the way to being piggy wiggy too! I'd avoid confusing him formula too if you can help it.

ps Ryn Pubert is amazingly adorable!

Hi girlies!

Well, I decided after DS slept all morning (his name isn't Liebling, but for security reasons I don't post his name or DH's name, only someone changed the title of my baby journal... as these threads are locked to members only I'll let you know his real name is Samuel John Henry!) he's just been tired at night. Lo and behold, we put him to bed an hour earlier and he slept. So DH and I have an extra hour together! DS is now awake, but happy in bed, so I'm leaving him there for now. He had to go back into his own bed this morning - fast asleep and kicking me out of bed (yup, kicking me out with his great big feet).

Thinking of names, we'll probably use this if we have a girl in the future as it took us over a year to agree to this, but it looks like it may be a bit popular now - I've seen a couple of people suggest it in the names forum in the last week - so I'll tell you. We were going to call our little girl Tabitha Zaidie Jane, but use Beth as a nickname as we didn't want her to be called Tabi. DH originally said no to Tabitha, but suggested it himself 3 months later so I said yes right away!

Jayne, I'm still swaddling Samuel, but when he comes into my bed (first sleep on his own, then we co-sleep) I use the wrap to catch any spew or dribbled milk... wraps are easier to wash than bedsheets! He is a Mr Wriggle-bum and unless you hold him or wrap him then his flailing limbs wake him up... usually because he hits himself in the face, daft lad!

Yay to all those girls whose babies were fine with the injections!

Kel, I have coffee mornings and mothers' groups and still write loads! I reckon it's great to share, I love knowing that everything's "normal" here - even if DS isn't sleeping through.

GTG, Liebs is wanting attention! See ya later!

Hello everyone. We've come through the injections relatively unscathed. They did the first two at the same time - the doctor and the nurse taking one leg each - then the doctor did the third needle. Isabella was NOT happy of course, and cried for about a minute.

Since then she's been really sleepy, waking up every now and then to have a feed and give us huge smiles. So she forgives me! Phew!

I've finally got around to getting Bella's site set up. I decided to just create a blog, as you will see from the link in my signature. Please let me know if it doesn't work - I've already made two attempts to get it right. (Thanks Kel for your help!).

Better go and see if Bella will go to bed - she's on the couch beside me, sound asleep.

Hey Ladies,

RYN _ Beautiful, beautiful names that you choose! How gorgeous. I knew a Tabitha once & she was just adorable. Yes, the wraps are great spew & dribble catchers aren't they? I tend to use mine as burp rags & then pop them in the wash, I have six million of them because Claudia is such a big wrapper so no point me going & buying those burp pads or flanny nappies for them. I'm glad to hear that you are co-sleeping to get some rest. Jessica, my first little pixie was a shocking, terrible, horrible sleeper & all I wanted to do was sleep with her so we could both get some rest but I had EVERYONE on my case saying how bad it was & I was so tired I'd roll onto her & not know it. Knowing what I know now, I wish I had of done it so good on you!

IMPATIENT _ Glad to hear that Bella was brave & tough. Poor little poppet. I didn't know it was THREE needles, I thought it was 2! Did they get you to feed her while they did it? In the hospital they made me feed Claudia while they did her heel stab & I tell ya, she didn't move a muscle! It was incredible. I'm hoping to feed her for the immunisations too.

LISA _ I'm not sure of Harrison's background, but not good that he wasn't gaining weight but WTG on the weight gain this week! I'm really glad to hear that. Maybe Claudia can have a word in his ear, she gained 400g in 5 days one week Good on you for sticking with the bf'ing & declining the formula feed too. I hear you on what you're saying!

SMYLIE _ WOW you have a super-trooper with Jemima alright! No wonder that you are wanting another one so soon. Good on you!!! I bet she is just delightful when she's awake from having all that sleep. Is she a big bub? It seems the bigger they are, the more content? Claudia is just starting to find her fingers too, she sucks them for about 2 seconds & realises nothing is coming out of them. I can imagine it'd be keeping you awake at night listening to it, hopefully the transition to the cot will be smooth sailing, it seems as though she is pretty chilled so I'm sure she'll be great!

Well I better go, it's not even 9pm & I have both babies in bed! WOW! I'm going to wake Claudia up at 10 & dreamfeed her & hopefully she'll still stay down until somewhere near 4am. Usually she doesn't go to bed until 10pm but she has been asleep since 8. Some days she'll continually feed from 6 - 10pm & then others she won't. When she doesn't do that big cluster of feeds I get nervous that she'll be up all the time wanting to be fed, but so far that hasn't happened......... touch wood.

Love Jayne xox

I cant believe the name was Tabitha, I've tried forever to get Benji to agree on Tabitha and about a month ago he maybe almost put it on the short list, mainly since most people in Australia associate Jemima with a doll off "Playschool" but when you say that is your daughters name they think of it once then get over it, so I thought the same thing would happen with Tabitha and "Bewitched", having Beth as nickname is such a good idea i want a Beth but my mum's name is elizabeth and bethany doesnt go with wylie so unless i just use beth maybe i should try harder for tabitha.... is it popular in uk? i still love zaidie for a first name with your surname.

lil - have you gotten any more poos since the other day??

Morning all

Tabitha is cute Ryn, I like it.

Kel, I can just imagine you with 5 or 6 kids and your fur babies and just loving it, sounds like you are a very relaxed and chilled out mum.

Good on you Lisa with the sticking to BFing, and good on gorgeous little Harrison for putting on weight, Luckily Quinn has no such problems - I can send you some of his weight if you like, he is the biggest baby in our mothers group and he is the youngest by around 4 weeks!!!!

I looked after a friend's baby yesterday and it was great - they were both so well behaved - I wondered how I'd go looking after 2 but figured that lots of people have twins so I could handle it. It was great fun - but Quinn and his little girlfriend are both so gorgeous and calm anyway it was a treat.

Jayne you are a legend getting both baies to sleep...do you go to sleep then too or get to spend some well deserved time on your own or with your dh.

Michelle: I'm off to view your new website
    SHE IS SO GORGEOUS MICHELLE - so much beautiful hair too
    Last edited by Kirsten; April 13th, 2007 at 11:09 AM.

My little man now sleeps until 4am... so proud of him! And he can roll over all by himself too, extra proud. He started doing that on the 12th, so just beforehe turned 2m old. DH told MiL; I didn't want to do the bragging on his side as Niece was 5-6m before she rolled over.

Michelle, Isabella is a cutie! Does anyone here have a bald baby, or do we all have hairy babies?

Lisa, DS would gain40g a day when playing catch-up, but now it's onlyabout 25g a day, so Harrison is doing well in my book!

Kel, you still have playschool? That was cancelled over here donkey's years ago... I used to have a giant knitted Humpty Dumpty from Playschool! Lucy was the smaller doll and Jemima the larger, yes?

Kirsten, is this you getting broody now? LOL.

DS is sleeping again - has to catch up from sleep refusal last night. He'd stay in his bed for five mins asleep and I wasn't happy the third time I got him up; I spent ages calming him, getting him off, putting himinto bed, slowly removing my arm... 5 mins later, he's awake. No grown-up time last night! DH is on 12-hour days for 3 months starting Tuesday so I'm hoping for grown-up time when he gets home every night.

Ryn: Quinn is still pretty much a baldy,
    http://www.picasaweb.google.com.au/d...cotti/QuinnTwo
    he might be bald but he's still gorgeous!!!

Me, Broody? Noooooo way
    Yay for rolling over too - you must be very proud!

RYN _ that's really, really awesome about him rolling over. Jess was a week shy of 4 months when she did that & most of her little friends were around that age, so he's doing super! WOO HOO On the sleeping til 4am. That's Claudia's top up time too, if it weren't for the time-diff we'd be up together! Are you b'feeding? I still am & put Claudia into bed with me, she'll suck for a good 45 minutes or so, so I put her in bed next to me, have a little cat nap while she feeds, wake up when she is finished, wrap her back up & put her back to bed. Works great for us. Only this morning we had Jess in bed with us too, so it was a bit squashy with 4 of us!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast