Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #7

Default Babies Born February 2007 #7

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in February 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here

First again!!! Woo hoo!!!
    I am sitting here looking for a job in Newcastle... DH and I have decided we most definitely want to move back into a "city" type area, without having to go back to Sydney.

Damn Lisa! You're too quick for me!!!!

mummycate Guest

Ellie seems much better today. First "solid" poo in a while. Sticky peanut butter type one. At least its not a spray poo! Tashie, we'll still be on for tomorrow, she'll be fine. Its late arvo when she starts getting crabby and refluxy.

God bless daylight savings!!! El goes to bed around the same time but now that its closer to sunset its not so bad and she wakes after 0830 now!!! Its fantastic!!!

You're too quick Lisa!

Oh I wish we had daylight savings too!!! NOT FAIR!! I used to love it when I was a kid - we'd be out playing for hours and hours. Mum had lots of peace and quiet in those days....!

Ok, so I lied and I am back on here again.
    Been a huge morning and I am sure Tobi is going to sleep for hours. He had swimming AND gymbaroo.
    Anyway, I am just writing because I have no idea how to subscribe to a thread without writing a message. So HI!!!
    and BYE!!!

Lol Tashie, I've had "issues" with subscribing to threads. Some I get emailed to me, whether I like it or not but this thread (or past ones in this part) I have to post at least once a day to receive notifications. Wierd.

Oh, I forgot to mention swimming lessons earlier! Bella didn't cry at all today! I even dunked her slightly under water and she swallowed some then tried to inhale it then ended up coughing it all up, but still NO tears! Yay! It seems that scary teacher lady is no longer so scary! Woo hoo!

Hi girls!

I ruddy HATE daylight savngs. 25 hour days with DS getting up at 4.30am... not fun. If I were in Australia and it had gone forwards then 6.30 is doable, but 4.30 is not.

I do like playing ball with DS - I don't think he realises how to roll the ball back, but does like my reaction when he does it! The sleep without feeding is getting easier too, I didn't feed him for 11hours last night! Leaked a lot, but it was OK, only 3 wake-ups. I think Kelly said a few weeks ago I should try 2 naps, not 1, and since then the sleep has been a bit better. He's on nap 2 now. Oly half-hour naps usually, but that's OK.

Well done El on a solid poo! That's great!

What we do in a day - playgroups ROCK. So does shopping, DS likes being admired. Walks are good too, anything to get us outside really. We do stories (I memorise story poems and we play-act them), we play with the stacker and the balls, we dance, DS loves snogging his frog (don't ask), DS does walking and standing up by himself, we play ball, we sing, we have conversations (his talking is fantastic)... anything to fill the day! I love it when DH comes home and I can sit down because he wants to have time with DS.

Nearly 4pm so he'll be waking soon, best be off as I can't remember what else to say... oh, shoes, despite my protests my mother buys him shoes and the latest pair are so ugly I'm not even tempted to use them for best! He is walking and his feet need no impediment (pardon the weak pun) to that.

Love and hugs to all.

Morning all, I keep forgetting to subscribe, stupido!

RYn: Quinn has only just figured out that if he rolls the ball back then i will roll it to him - he loves it and gets very excited when he manages to let go of the ball and it goes somewhere in my direction. When he catches the ball he has to bite it before he can do anything else with it He is a biting maniac. Yay for 11 hours without feeding at night...Quinn definitely sleeps better at night if he has had good daytime sleeps, yesterday he slept for almost 2 hours in the morning, I was very excited!

Michelle: Yay for Bella going under the water, Quinn tries to dunk himself under the water these days, he does this cute little frog swim underwater for about a metre now, when he comes up he is grinning his head off so proud of himself.

Off to little feet today - did I end up explaining what that is? It;s a singing dancing "class" for babies over 6 months - like mini maestros, they sing and dance and there are instruments for them to play with and puppets, QUinn likes to jump up and down on the spot...curses to the jolly jumper...it's very tiring on the arms!

Also Quinn has a comforter, it's like a teddy on a blanket thing - he loves it - he has C2 and Emergen C We used to have C1 but C1 got thrown out of the pram in a shopping centre and despite my frantic efforts to track him down he was nowhere to be found,

Hey Ladies,

I've been MIA just lately, I just can't find the time to get on the computer. Alan being home has just thrown a massive spanner in the works. LOL. The poor guy, everything that goes wrong with the girls I say - they didn't do that when you were gone. He feels as though we're all against him. Like today, he took Jessica swimming lessons & she threw a mental until I got into the water with her. Claudia's sleeping has gone to crap again but I think we can thank her 2nd tooth for that. It finally came through yesterday afternoon. We have her Ear, Nose & Throat Spec appointment today, so I'm hoping they can put her grommets in as early as next week because her ears are still infected. We have been doing lots around the house & we got Jessica another rabbit - which she named Pebby. It's pretty cute, I must admit, I'm quite fond of it. She loves it because it's white & reminds her of the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, except Pebby has black eyes.

RYN _ LOL with the shoes, I agree, he doesn't need them, especially as he's walking you don't want anything to hinder that. Love it that Liebs likes to be admired, I have this mental image of him sitting in a pram fluttering his eyelashes at the old grannies walking past to get their attention.

Kirstend _ Claudia has a pooh bear on a blanket, they are gorgeous those little comforters. That's very clever of Quinn being able to roll the ball back to you - WTG! I love that he loves swimming lessons too, he's super clever loving going under the water!

TASHIE _ Well you certainly know how to tire Tobi out!! Did he have a mammoth sleep after his morning of social engagements??? How is he going now at night? Still good?

MUMMYCATE _ I'm glad to hear that El is feeling much better, Can you please get her to have a word to Claudia about the spray poo's? We have at least one per day where she has to have a bath because it's up under her arm pits! YUCKY! I think it's the antibiotics for her ears that is giving her the runs though. Let us know how your playdate goes! I wish I could come too!

Hello to all & kisses for your bubs!
    Love Jayne

Kirsten, Quinn sounds like Liebling; pick the ball up, bite it, drop it and see if it rolls to Mummy for the excited reaction LOL.

Jayne, yup, you're right, as soon as an old dear walks past Liebs has his little smile and flutters his super-long eyelashes! He knows how to please the crowd LOL.

DS had one overnight feed last night, around 3-4am, because I was leaking. We were up 1-2.30 getting him back to sleep without feeding. Every time I lay down he woke up again, so he ended up back in his cot. Have to have him in his cot all night soon! Given that I leak 12 hours after the last feed from a breast I'll have to express before bedtime so I stop leaking (and DS can have milk on his breakfast!). OK, he wants me, gtg!

mummycate Guest

No vomits yesterday or today. I think its goodbye to tummy bug. Thank god. She is still grumbling going down to sleep tonight. We didn't let her play before hand. Terry has been a pain in the butt to me. He likes poking fin and making faces and talking funny when I'm trying to either do something or talk to him seriously. Drives me nuts. And I say to him that most of my bad moods are caused by him doing this. He said of course I have to put the blame on someone else. I said well its your fault so yes, I blame him! But my moods don't last long and hopefully my medication kicks in soon. Argh husbands, who needs them?!

WTG on ball rolling, El won't do that yet. I'd mention more but buggered. Talk later.

mummycate Guest

And my darling daughter has given me a blood nose. Laughing as she did so, shoved her thumb up my nostril, scratching the septum and it just started bleeding. Ah she loves me so much. She's up playing, wouldn't sleep.

Oh Cate, you poor love. I hate it when DS won't sleep and just grins when I am about to break down and cry. He has nearly re-re-broken DH's nose a few times now and tries to pull out my tongue and teeth, as well as feed me my bogies if it makes you feel any better.

DH played "poke" with DS, then gets annoyed with DS poking him back! He also plays computer all night atm (a lot on at work right now) so I'm mad at him for that, but can't get mad because it's work... who does need them?

Oooh MummyCate & Ryn, I"m on the husband campaign at the moment today too. Actually have been since he's come home. Whinges at me non-stop.
    BBL, kids are crying.

mummycate Guest

We are having a constant fight. His way of helping is either slapped together with things we have or do the cheapest way, and mine is just get a good result. I want a little squirt but he decided to make one. And the nozzle is not good enough, not enough force. And I feel that if we change the nozzle, it may still be weak. I really want to get a little squirt. But when I ask his opinion on different things, he mostly shoots mine down and then says do what you want. So it makes me feel that he doesn't like my decisions and then makes me feel guilty when I do do what I want. I don't know what to do. Be submissive, or have him resent my decisions.

Elouise is back to normal. She's had 14 scoops today (700ml) and 1.5 jars. Normally she'd eat more food but she decided to sleep and we were out so it kinda helped. And no vomits since the high chair incident.

Cate: I hate the shooting down of opinions/decisions. He must be pretty clever to make a little squirt! I have one and they are great. I would do what you want - that way he will (might) understand you make decisions too and that they are valid decisions.

Rosehip_Fairy: Like the new name...Leibs is a biter on account of the vampirism Not sure why Quinn has to bite everything, does Pubert bite your shoulder, I get some serious shoulder bites!!

Anyway I am home by myself for an hour, Quinn is asleep, DP is out and I am getting myself on the couch amongst the mess and reading my book, anyone read any Neil Gaiman? I am reading American Gods at the moment. Can anyone recommend any good books? They take me about a month to read these days with interruptions etc etc - you all know the drill.

Yup, shoulder bites here. The other 3 top teeth are a-coming too now!

Have you read/seen Stardust? I think the princes are better in the book (and the mother not so much of aharlot). How about Good Omens - that's a Pratchett/Gaiman, absolutely love it.

At least I know my books, I know men but not husbands I am forced to conclude!
    Last edited by Ca Plane Pour Moi; November 1st, 2007 at 06:57 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast