Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Babies Born February 2007 #7

mummycate Guest

My birthday is NYE yes, all fireworks are especially for me!

Awwww... thanks everyone for wishing me a happy birthday.
    I didn't get much for my birthday because we're going away to Sydney for my present, so that will be in a few weeks time. Thats all I wanted. We're going to buy a bigger, 2nd car because the Barina is just a little too small for us right now, so we're going to look at another commodore as our 2nd car.

mummycate Guest

Wow nice Lisa. Hey, while you're in Sydney, will you have a moment to see any of us in Sydney?

Not sure Catherine... We're hoping to be down for longer after Xmas... we're going to a concert at the Horden on Jan 3rd, so we're planning a week down there then. So, if I don't catch up this time, I will most definitely try for the next time. We have loads of family down there (I was born and bred in the Sutherland Shire... My Dad and my extended family are all still there) so we rarely get a chance to catch up with many people whilst we're down as family usually hog all our time (not that we mind )

mummycate Guest

After xmas is great! No pressure hun, just wondering is all...

CATE - My SIL's birthday is NYE & it's almost impossible to ever see her because everybody always has big plans. How is Elouise going? I love her ticker pic, so cheeky!

LISA _ Wow, a trip to Sydney sounds wonderful. I'm glad you had a great birthday. Sounds like your trips to Sydney are a big whirlwind of family get-togethers, I bet it's great!

SMYLIE _ I love Jem's new Ticker Pic. That's obviously one of the new pics that you just had done? I love it! Sorry to hear that the little princess is having a rough time with the teeth. Glad to hear there is a countdown with your birthday, I love birthdays too! Mine is September. Hopefully Jem is back to her bright & bubble self in no time.

TASHE _ I didn't think of putting cheese on the sandwiches. Will have to do that next time. I gave Claudia a bowl of corn kernals with her dinner tonight to pick at. She loved it. I think it was very good hand/eye coordination too with picking them up & putting them into her mouth. She did them one by one as well. Gold stars all around for her efforts! How is Tobi? I love the pic of him BTW, however, I pictured him mentally as brown-haired! Weird!

ME/US - All going good here. Claudia had a ripper of a swimming lesson today. She loves the songs & sliding down the slide, only she closes her eyes before she has even started sliding. it's cute as because she has a big grin on her face, tongue hanging out to the side & her eyes shut so tightly. I laugh every time. Jessica is much better & eating again - thank goodness! Claudia is still doing wonderful sleeps for me, so I can't complain!

Love Jayne

Hi girls.

Happy belated birthday Lisa!

Sorry I have been absent, little man has got manflu again (that time of year for us) and 3 new teeth this week, 5 yesterday and 6 today. So I have been busy with him!

Cate, hugs to you darling, well done on doing the right thing. As the others say, El is better off having two (or, in time, four) happy parents than two miserable ones sticking together because of her.

So good to hear the other babies are doing well!

Um, birthdays, Kirsten, I am sure you said something about your birthday approaching which foxed me! I'm a Feb girl so NO excuse to celebrate mine as it will clash with some super-special babies here. I don't wanna get old!

Love to all, best be off my prayer group will arrive soon.

mummycate Guest

When it comes to February birthdays, I have my second youngest cousin born on 7th Feb, Elouise born on 2nd Feb and Terry's sister is due on or around the 5th of Feb. No excuses for forgetting!

I have yet to get my brother and parents their birthday presents. Now its rolled into Christmas presents too. Total amount will be $160 (3 birthdays, Christmas and Father's Day) and I just can't spend that much at once. I wanted to get them prepaid visa cards but its not worth the amount of effort to get them in the post and load them with money and post them etc, as to reload money on its like $9. Not worth it. So I'm getting them Westfield vouchers so they can get whatever they want from any store, rather than just a select few stores. But unfortunately you can't buy them online, and I would prefer to get them one at a time, but I don't want to go to Parramatta or Chatswood 3 times on buses. PITA. So I talked to mum yesterday (and told her about the breakup, I'll mention more in a minute) and she said, just send my brother's, and leave hers and dad's until I can better afford it.

Ok I told my mum yesterday and she was very supportive. I seriously thought she'd either get mad at Terry or tell me to try harder. She did none of that. Just said that I did the right thing and that I'll be happier and Terry would to (not keeping me from being who I want to be), and Elouise has to great parents who'll still raise her well.

When I start work, which will be Tues, Wed, Thurs, Terry will have Elouise from Monday night until Thurs evening and I have her the rest of time. This is purely practical rather than splitting the week in half. I'll work 3 days and he has uni on Mon and Fri with one lecture Thurs, for which we'd have someone babysit. No need for child care now. And she gets to be with us both. But anyway, in our free time we'd be over at each other's place so she'll see us both.

I'm looking at real estate but I'm not sure if I can afford Meadowbank (cheapest in my area) which will be avg $210 a week. But I found this site on google and thought it was a pay site so ignored it then mum told me about this great site, and it was the same one I looked at but this time I saw the free account part. Basically the site SPACE4 is for single and sole parents who need someone to share rent with (either in their place or need to move to somewhere and need someone to share), share in looking after their children, someone to share holidays with and most importantly, friendship. So I've made a big profile of me and hopefully someone contacts me. Its $9.95 for 3 weeks to be able to contact people, $24.95 for 3 months and $49.95 for a year. Now I'm wondering which one to go for, because I don't want to just sit around and wait for someone to contact me.

Ok enough babbling, gotta eat and give El brekkie. Love to all xxxxx

Oh Catherine, I saw Space4 on TV once, I think it may have been on the news? What a fantastic idea that is... I wish they had something like that for when I became a sole parent, I may not have left Sydney otherwise... but hey, I like the way my life has turned out and I doubt it would have been like this if I had stayed in Sydney
    Wishing you all the best for your search

time for a new thread everyone

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789