Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born February 2008 #5

Default Babies Born February 2008 #5

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in February 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-4-a.html

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Hello all.
    Sorry for the MIA.
    Have had a miserable ten days which just kept getting worse and worse.
    Went to the GP today and was "diagnosed" with PND. Am starting on anti-depressants and have to go back in two weeks to see where to from there. A fellow BB member had recommended a great psych that I am looking into to hopefully get me back on track to being a happy mumma.

DS seems to be going well at the moment, lots of laughing, smiles, chattiness, almost rolling on occassion and being a devilish little man who wont go to sleep at night without his "storytime". He slept 11 1/2 hours the other night, OMG i almost died when I woke up before him. I think it's because i gave him a big massage the night before.

Hopw you are all well, sending lots of healthy winter vibes to all the bubbas and mummas.

Wink

Hi Everyone,

Ashlea -- sorry you have been so miserable. Sounds like you are on the right track though. You are very strong and you will be feeling like your old self very soon.
    Alex sounds like he is going very well, they are funny when they start knowing what they want! Take care of yourself.

Prama -- not long till you go now! You must be so excited to see your family and introduce them to Lakshman. Keep in touch.

Hello to everyone else.

I have promised the boys a trip to Toyworld today, Nicholas has a gift voucher from his birthday and Benjamin wants to 'check out' all the new toys so he can tell Nanna what he wants for his birthday. Wish me luck. I'll be lucky to get out of there under an hour he he.

Have a good day and stay warm

Sue

ash - so sorry to hear about what's happening. I too have PND. my MCN then GP did a mental health assesment. i dont have to take any medication at the moment, and have been seeing a councillor. she also does spiritual healing which i find is helping me heaps.

sue - it's getting really close, so getting nervous!
    hehe how did you go with toy shopping?!!

few of us from ur mothers' group went to watch sex and the city. im not a big fan, it was ok, just like an extended episode. but it was really nice to go out and watch a movie and us helping each other look after bubs.
    going to mil's for dinner. bbl!

Just a quick one to wish Prama all the best and to send sleepy and happy vibes for Lakshman for the trip! Let us know how you went..

Ash/Prama - Wish you two a speedy recovery!

thanks esme - the countdown has really began. i hope i have everything!

poor poopy has a fever after his needles last night and has been crying a lot this evening which is not
    like him. he's finally settled after some panadol and has gone to bed.
    i understand now, how heartbreaking it is for a mother when her child is sick.

Just Quickly...

Have a wonderful trip Prama!! Stay safe and we cant wait to hear how it all goes!!

Ash, sorry to hear about the PND. I hope you are on the mend soon sweetie!!!!

All is well here, Noah is so gorgeous, I am loving his giggling and smiles, he rolled over onto his belly for the 1st time this morning, he didnt quite know what to do when he got there though...lol..

I hope you are all well!!

Thanks everyone.
    Prama I am not too sure about my GP - he's fantastic but I'm not sure they should be just handing out antidepressants so willy nilly. I've decided to start taking them for now anyway until I can get in / afford to see a good psych for some counselling. My problem is mostly that I have no idea what's getting me down most of the time, I have a sleeping and very content baby so why am I so sad?
    DF's team leader at work is a mother who has had PND and requested that he take the week off on annual leave to take care of me. I thought that was quite lovely - he didn't even ask, she told him to and then pulled strings so it was A/L. Anyway sorry for the big ramble here it should be left for other threads. Prama.

Gosh Minky Noah's got a head full of hair, it's gorgeous! Prama - Lakshman too!! They are so very cute.
    Alexander has lost a lot of his, and continuing to from his sleeping patch

Esme love that new picture of Jasper, it is very very cute!

Sue - how did Toyworld go? I hopr it wasn't too stressful for you!!

Alexander slept 11 1/2 hours again last night... I should be thrilled but I'm sort of sad about it because I quite like our 6am, half light feed that is just the two of us ands I'll miss that if he decided to sleep through already. I'm a bit conflicted! I think I'll have to start putting him down to bed earlier than we had been because normally he goes down at 10ish when DF gets home from work, but if he's going to do big stints like that I guess I should get him in a better pattern so I don't have to rework it later.

Do we have any cloth users in this thread? I am loving my MCN's. I can't believe how addicted I am though. I am on a nappy ban!!

Sending sleepy vibes and warm breezes to take the chill off your homes...

x. Ashlea

Hi All,

Not too much happening with us. I have been doing my best to get out of the house more which has made me feel a bit better. I was feeling very house-bound but couldn't get up the energy to get out either. I am also doing Yoga on Wednesday nights now which is great (although last night the minute after i left Zoe woke up crying, sounds like she has a vomit and it burnt her face and neck - ouch - anyway, it took DH 1 1/4 hours to settle her. He did well cos it sounds like the burn freaked him out a bit and he thought she was really ill).
    Ash - I am using MCN's although I am not really a nazi about it. I use them only when we are at home. I use sposies when we are out and about and most of the time for her big sleep over night.
    I love them too and they are good for my conscience!!
    Great to hear you girls are getting the help you need when you need it. Better that you recognise your symptoms of PND sooner rather than later. All the very best to both of you.

ash - sorry abt ur gp. i think they prescribe depending on your test scores. im not sure. but she did tell me, even tho there's lots of paper work, they get paid a lot for doing a mental health assessment.
    im just going to post here instead of a pnd thread cos im more comfortable here.
    i think my pnd stemmed from other issues i have, not solely baby related. just my other feelings made it worse. there could be other issues that trigger pnd. for me, it was a challenging birth, not the labour etc. but i wasnt ready for him to be 2 weeks early and plus had bf issues and a horrid midwife etc. i was just low and hit all came crashing down. i have had situational depression in the past and this made it all worse.

hafta go, poopy is awake. xoxox

You girls sound like you will be able to get on top of your PND. Good on you.
    Ash- That is lovely of DF's team leader. Make sure he looks after you and the little man!
    Prama- Not long til your big trip. The time away will do you and poopy some good too!
    Danda- IKWYM about feeling housebound. Sometimes I just have to get out even if it is to window shop. The fresh air does DD some good too.
    Minky- Amber hasnt rolled yet but she is getting onto her side quite a lot. She just has to work out that last bit.
    Sue- How did toyworld go? Hopefully you got in and out relatively unscathed.

Hello to everyone else I missed.

I had a bit of a scare with Amber yesterday. We were out and about at a shopping centre. (I was actually in a target looking at the baby shoes my first dunlop volleys... so cute!) All of a sudden Amber turned bright red and acted like she couldnt breathe. I got her out of the pram. Her head was still bright red and she started to sweat. The red went away and then she went all pale and clammy and was unresponsive. I started to panic a little and called DF. There was a medical centre at the shops so I took her there but she was perfectly healthy. A bit of a shock but she is fine today.
    Apart from that she is smiling and laughing a lot of the time. Still sleeping well at night and learning new things everyday.

Ash- I had all of the intentions of being a MCN user before Amber was born. I bought a lot of nappies and covers. But I have recently sold them on ebay. I got lazy and we have stuck with sposies.

ash - am using BBH, but sposies when we are out.

jj - omg, that's so so scary!!! i would have just panicked.. poor you and bubby. maybe she couldnt swallow her saliva?

hope all of you are doing well.. time for beddy byes!

Hi,
    Danda & JJ -- IKWYM about feeling housebound too. I call it groundhog day!! Thurs/frid aren't so bad as I get out for kinder and help with fruit duty occaisionally. DD is more settled at home and loves her cot so I am reluctant to disrupt her too much.

Ash/Prama -- I too have PND for the third time. I recognised my symptoms and got back ion my tablets when DD was 3 weeks old. I feel almost like my old self again. You guys will too. Hugs

Jen -- that must have been so scary with DD I would have freaked too. Hopefully she won't remember how to do that when she is 2 it would be a doozy of a tantrum if she did. lol

Minky -- Noah is gorgeous!!!

HAVE A SAFE TRIP PRAMA! HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!

tALK SOON HAVE TO DO THE KINDER RUN
    SUE

Hi back again,

The Toyworld trip was fun. DS1 knew exactly what he wanted and was ready to come home after 2 minutes. DS2 had no idea what he wanted and then when i thought he had decided what he wanted he changed his mind. Got to love it.
    We ended up with some Indiana Jones Lego for DS1 and Arry & Bert trains from Thomas for DS2.

I have survived the first week of Kinder run on my own. I have been very spoilt as my inlaws were coming around in the mornings so I could just take DS1 to kinder & come home and not worry about waking DD if she was asleep. It has gone well DD was awake both mornings but did fall asleep in the car a couple of times. I do have a sore back though from getting them in and out of the car lol.

Not much eelse is happening DD not quite rolling and still laughing and talking so cute.
    Have a good weekend everyone.
    Jacki -- is DS sleeping a bit better for you during the day??

Sue

sue - sorry to hear about PND. it didnt quite strike me that you could have it multiple times. but i did think if/when we ahve another baby, i'll be more wary and let the midwives know. thanks for the kind wishes. almost all packed. last lot of clothes in the dryer. stupid machine was acting up all day, today of all day.

somedays i find i need to get out of the house, and somedays i want to just be at home and spend quality time with poopy. but hwne i do, i just get soo tired and cant give him 100% attention. then i feel bad when i go out cos he's in the car and not doing much.. sigh

i think we're all packed now.. bottles etc to sort out and we should be ok. except poopy is still asleep and my boobs hurt!

poopy is all better from his needles, he had fever and was so unhimself.
    poopy is back to his normal self, but he;s had a few changes this week. i feel like he's grown up a bit, im a bit sad.
    he's being cheeky and fighting sleep.
    he's starting to want to grab things more and has better hand-eye control, and depth perception.
    his talk has changed a little.

and the good news is that he rolled for the first time yesterday!!! i was so excited. he did it at MIL's sofa. we were chatting andhe was in middle of the sofa and i was saying he hasnt started rolling yet. then mum said he's moving his hip and leg like he's trying to roll. and i said nver seen him do that. he kept doing that for a bit, then mum went to take her cat out of his room. while she was doing that, he turned to his side and then rolled to his tummy! hooray!
    he seems like a different baby this week. i can see his growing up and not the same itty bitty baby..

ok girls. im flying out today. take care girls. lol.. i'll still be online tomorrow but feels like im going away and not being able to be in touch.

Have a safe flight Prama!! Sleepy vibes for Lakshman for the flight. Let us know how you go!!!

And Happy 4 months today

Sue

Bon voyage Prama and Lakshman

Sue - Luke has been sleeping better during the day but I have been leaving his dummy in - so I guess that is why he is able to get to the next sleep cycle. However I think it has made his night time sleeps not so good and he is waking more !!! Arrgghhh can't win. So think will have to stop the dummy during the day and see how it goes.

DS has been a bit sniffly and coughing so have put off getting his needles. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse and no fever so needles next week.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast