Default Babies Born January 1st ~15th 2009 #2

This thread is for parents whose baby was born January 1st ~ 15th 2009

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying ~ Senior Moderator
    Nelle ~ Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread is HERE

Yay new thread!!

DS has moved from his basinette into his cot now and he has grown out of the basinette part of his pram, so into the normal pram now

He is growing up too fast!!!

Thats great, I also have been thinking that it may be time to start thinking about putting normal pram together soon. But I want to have him face me and the normal one doesn't do that.

I am trying to teach JD to settle himself at bed time and its so hard some times. He is grizzling right now and all I want to do is pick him up and nurse him till he falls asleep but that will only undo all the work we have done so far with him. He is usually pretty good but seems that his big sleep that he had this afternoon maybe the reason why he is struggling to drop off now. I will give him another 5 minutes and then pick him up for a cuddle and try again.

Looks like I have a head cold and I am worried about giving it to JD. What can I do to avoid him getting it even though I spend so much time with him?

I'm not sure there is much you can do Amanda? Maybe just make sure you wash your hands heaps and try to avoid breathing on him - thats all I can think of? Hopefully someone else has a better suggestion

Hope you get better quickly!

Amanda everyone in this house is sick...EXCEPT Zachery.....ive done nothing to avoid him. He must have a good immune system..LOL. I guess the only 'advantage' is if JD does get it, it will tart to help build immunity and get stronger. Maybe avoid kissing him (babies should only be kissed on the head or cheek, never on the lips if you werent aware of that). Its hard to not want to cuddle and hold them alot when we are sick, but its better then getting sick too. Noting worse then a sick bubba and mumma.

Zach is still in his cradle....wont be moving for a while yet i hope! He had a lovely nap this arvo with me. Im not usually one to put bubs in bed with me but i did today and he slept from 2-6 (and i slept til 5...LOL).

Hi everyone..

Thanks again girls..I heard of the SOS book and thinking of getting it..I know they aren't suppose to sleep through for awhile..It just kinda doing my head in and having depression kinda makes me a little cranky..But he just won't sleep after a feed..I fed him at 2 this morning and he is still awake! There isn't anything wrong either..He been fed about 150mls, burped and changed and i thought he was asleep but nope still awake..I guess just a little jealous for those who have lucky babies..

Kim hope you guys are feeling better soon..It is hard to avoid them when your sick trust me i know. lol.

Ryley is finally in his big cot he looks so tiny. lol.

Looks like our lucky streak is over... Since Larissa had the 2 month immunisations she's been so different, and its just getting worse and worse, she used to be able to self-settle and now we seem to be having to fight with her for at least an hour before each sleep, we never used to have her unsettled during the day time! IT'S SO HARD! I really sympathise with those of you who had this from the start. I've been trying everything I can but nothing seems to be working. She has been really sicky since the injections and is being sick after pretty much every feed even though we're keeping her upright and everything else the midwife suggested. On monday I'm going to call the midwives again, apparently there's a 'care cottage' where you go and spend a few hours with your baby and they teach you settling techniques. Hopefully it will help. She isn't even sleeping through the night anymore! I'm having to get up at least once

On a more positive note I am on a weeks trial membership at the gym so have been to a few yoga sessions and my body feels so good for it! Does anybody have any recommendations of other classes that are good for losing the baby weight? As far as I can tell from wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes I'm actually thinner everywhere except my stomach (which is still looking a state) and my chest. I've been told pump is good for increasing metabolism so will try and go to one of those but just wondered if anyone found anything really good!

I found some of Larissa's clothes yesterday that we bought her when she was born and it is so completely tiny to what shes wearing now... really made me and Tris want another one, but we're going to wait a while, I'm sure if Larissa keeps being the way she is, it won't take long for us to change our minds!

Amanda - Hope you get better soon!! are you sure you can't have the pram facing you? Ours does! When is the normal age to have them facing away from you?

I think it was Victoria that asked about us going back to the UK... We are planning to go back for 2 years and then decide what to do after that. I think it depends what jobs we can get at home. It's such a shame that things are finally going well for us here when we've already started the ball rolling!

As I've said before, this is a pretty lengthy post as I don't know when I'll be back on again, I come on to read your posts but usually just don't have a free hand for typing! I start my new job on tuesday! So exciting - and it will be nice to finally have my own money and not just relying on tris for everything!

Kim why cant you kiss babies on the mouth? I love doing that cause it makes JD smile.

Steph, sorry to hear that Larissa still is not well maybe worth getting her checked my a GP perhaps she has had a bad reaction to one of the vaccinations. Poor little bubis. Did you go to the zoo? if so how was it?

Great work on the new job. Who will you leave Larissa with? Either way it is tough leaving them with someone else.

Man JD is hard to get down tonight. I wonder if it is because of the storms?

We didn't end up going, thought we'd leave it for a time when tris' parents can come with us. Larissa will be home with either tris, his sister or his parents when I'm at work. I don't think it should be a problem as theyre around her all the time anyway so theyre used to one another.

She's been a bit better this evening, had 2 3hour sleeps then woke up and did 2 MASSIVE poops and then was just fine, I wonder if she's just been sad because she's needed to poop? If she's sad again before monday I'll get someone to check her out.

Amanda im not sure of the reason 100% but i was akways warned in hospital after i had Chelsea to never kiss a baby on the lips.

Reasons i can think of would be cold sores...you may not be aware you have one/have one coming up and by kissing a baby your spreading the herpes virus to bub. There was a news article on here actually where a baby died from a single kiss from the mother, the baby girl was 11 days old.

Another one that i always thought was a myth but appears isnt, is kissing a baby can cause problems with teeth later on.

I reason the main idea of not kissing on the lips is that germs spread the most that way (via saliva) when bubs licks their lips.

We love our babies and it is natural to show them this love and affection. However, kissing babies on the mouth is harmful to their dental health.
    Sorry i cant give you a proper answer but ive just avoided it at all costs and for health sake.

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/medi...y-disturb.html

Hey ladies

Glad you are all keeping well.

Steph sorry to hear miss Larissa has been a little out of sorts..i hope the pooping has rectified this lol and shes back to her normal happy self! Goodluck with the job!

Kim..have never heard that about kissing but cant say i kiss babies on the lips anyways..all over their dear little heads yes but not lips!

Amanda glad everything is going well for you...sounds like you have some great support systems in place..wtg.

Kirsten its hard adjusting to life with a new baby, let alone doing it all alone. I think you are just marvellous!

Hiya lilcosmo!

Well have been flat out....Ruby has been an absolute darling continuing on with her 5 hour sleep stints during the night which is just lovely. Shes quite the butterball too which is just gorgeous, feeding and sleeping well...thats all a mummy asks for eh! I have just bought a new cot and tonight will be her first night in it...we have moved her bassinette downstairs for daysleeps and the cot is next to our bed...so hoping she doesnt mind it too much. Darren is having a vasectomy tomorrow so am happy to have that ticked off the to do list lol...one less stress! Well am majorly procrastinating..i have an assignment due Wed that I must finish ..arrrgh!

Jo

Hey girls

Harley had his needles yesterday. We waited just over 3 hours for them to be done! We were there from 12 and left pretty much on 4! I think it was about 3.20 when we finally got to have them done...luckily for Harley he slept most the time, and Charlotte was pretty good, ran off a few times, luckily Rob got her most times!
    He cried for a bit, and didn't like the oral dose! Rob got first cuddles cos he helped hold him. I just wanted mummy cuddles, and yeh my lil man was pretty brave! He slept real well last night, went 8 hours then 4 and each time his temp was good! Only had to give him panadol when he first woke up cos he was pretty upset, it was like he needed to poo but then thought his legs could of been hurting, so gave him the panadol and he went back to sleep! He has been pretty good today.

Can't believe he is 2 months now! It has gone so fast! But everyday he is getting more cheeky and just so beautiful. I love his big smiles and his cute dimples!!

Jo: I hope it all goes well with Darren! Hope u get ur assignment finished as well! Ruby sounds so wonderful!

Kim: Yes I had heard of that baby that died from being kissed...so sad... I only ever kiss Harley on the cheeks, although sometimes Charlotte will kiss him on the lips, but most the time she misses and gets his cheek!

Steph: Thats good bout ur job, will be hard to leave Larissa but I'm sure it will do u all good!

Amanda: Hope JD is going well!

Kirsten: I know how u feel about being on ur own, I was that way with Charlotte for the first 11months until I met Rob... it was tough but I also loved it at the time. Ur doing such a good job and ur a wonderful mummy!!

Victoria: Aww I know how u are feeling with our bubs growing up so fast, haven't moved Harley yet, but I'm sure it won't be long...still need to get a new cot mattress!

Big hellos to everyone else! Hope u and ur bubs are all well! Can't believe we are half way thru March already!! Wish the year would slow down a bit!!! Don't want Harley growing up so fast!

Hey there, just thought i'd slip in here as i had my bubs on the 2nd of Jan.........time is flying!!!!! He is so adorable i could watch him for hours!!! Had a few troubles at the start with reflux etc but now i have got on top of it i have the most perfect bubs. He is sleeping alot longer through the night now which is a relief as i dont feel like such a zombie (thanks to my new purchase of "woombies") he sleeps from 7 - 2.30 the 3/3.30 - 7.00. Anyways i look forward to getting to know all of you!!!

Hey rainbow girl! Big welcome to our group. Thats great that things are going well for u now...ur boy seems to sleep the same time as mine! Harley seems to have his last bottle now around 6-7 at night, then sleeps till either 2.30/3am...then once he is down wakes between 6.30 and 7am! Couldn't be happier with that!!

OK we ahd a great night...Zach fed at 10pm....only drank 50 mls (of a 150 ml bottle) and slept til 845am! Of course cos my lil alarm never woke me up i then had to run around getting the girls ready for day care!!

We have 2 month MCHN appointment today. Cant wait to see what he weighs now and how long! Also geting his tongue checked yet again...im so worrie the tt will effect him later on with speech. Im not to keen on this health nurse, but least from now on i can get into the nurse i use for the girls.

Welcome rainbow!

Hi girls and thank you for all your wonderful comments..

Welcome Rainbow..

Hope Larissa be okay Steph..

Hope your MCHN appointment goes well..

That's great that Harley was brave Deb..

Hello to everyone else..

We had a good night..Ryley slept from 8:30pm until 5am!! Couldn't believe it..I woke up and though it was 2 and it was 5. Lol. Went to the doctors yesterday and finally had the horrid pap smear..Also I got check for PND and I am got some of the symptoms and she gave a script of anti depressiants and I must say I am feeling better..

Hope you all are well..

Im home from the 2 month check up.
    Zach is going great guns...so stats:
    Weight 5.5kg
    Length 59.8cm
    HC 40cm

I asked yet again about his tongue....she agreed it is close to the tip but shouldnt cause him problems later in life. Told me to get the GP to have a look when i get his needles, and if the GP agrees he does have tt that will cause problems, ill need to get it snipped. My heart and stomach feels so sick at the thought of that

Had to do the PND quiz too...i always fail it.....and i have the nurse very concerned due to 2 of my answers, im now back in the enhanced mental health teams hands. My first session with them is next Monday morning.

I also need to go back next month to see the nurse so she can see how im going

So there you have it...i have a healthy child and im a mental case mother *sigh*

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast