Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in January 2006 #4

Akeesha Guest

Hey,

Got news......SHE ROLLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

She had a bath and I had just put her nappy and singlet on and got up to hang her towel up in the bathroom and the second I turned my back DH yells..."Oh good girl you rolled" Naturally I thought he was giving me **** and joking but when I turned she was on her belly. Then she just kept doing it. I am so proud hehe. Now she has to learn to roll back onto her back.

As for the other stuff, yeah I am pretty much stuck at home with the kids too for the most part but DH is pretty good if I need me time. I mean sometimes for the effort it takes for me to walk out the front door I just don't bother but I am trying to get over that.

You know that course I did a while ago? Well part 2 starts next week. First part was the personal development 'who am i?" getting to know yourself etc. Second part is the soul journey. Looking forward to it. So thats one night a week I get all to myself. It's only 2 hours but it's heaps. Plus I intend on going back to the gym within the next few weeks so that will help too.

Di you reminded me I need a bloody haircut!

Ok better go. Kobi is really full tonight with food and boob juice and went down so asleep she was really heavy. She was dead weight. So say a little prayer she sleeps well tonight. Though tonight I am going to try to make an effort to really try and settle her without falling asleep in bed. Wish me luck haha.

YAY KOBI!!! - roll girl roll

that's great news Lisa

Akeesha Guest

Thanks Di

No luck re the sleeping thing. It's too bloody hard. She woke up about 4 times again.

I think I need to sleep in Tyra's bed and she can sleep in mine. That way I can do the CC thing and not bother anyone. Dh hates that idea cos he thinks I should sleep in my own bed but why bother waking Tyra if I dont need to.
    Oh well..we will try again tonight.

Akeesha Guest

So glad to hear my kid isnt the only one denying sleep. Well not glad for us but you know what I mean.

Well Kobi seems to be getting slowly more keen on food. She didnt like the pumpkin all that much but loved her fruit custard. She also didnt mine the vegies and lamb I gave her ...(pureed from the tin).
    I think it's just a case of getting used to food in general and then she will be ok. Takes a little while I suppose. Getting used to food and the spoon etc.
    God she makes a mess lol. I am going to start making my own foods now that she is starting to get used to it.

Oh I got some exciting news last night. My cousin who is visiting her boyfriend in America (he is there on a 12 month contract with work) gave us some news....they got engaged!
    We already knew he was proposing cos he talks to me and DH alot and we had even seen pics of the ring etc. But it was still lovely to hear it officially and that she said yes!!
    I am very happy for them.

OK better run. Kobi is sooking so maybe it's nigh nigh's time.

Sal Guest

Congrats on the engagement Lisa, and woohoo Kobi clever chook rolling! I keep trying to teach Miles to roll back to front, but he won't have a bar of it

Am barring the Farex and oatmeal, Miles hates them. Loooooves pumpkin and sweet potato, will try something new today.

Not to rub it in, but Miles actually slept well last night! From 9pm to 4.00am before he stirred, then went back to sleep til 6am. I think I can cope from here on in if this becomes a habit!

Hope your weekends are going well, mine is going waaay too quickly.

Akeesha Guest

Diddo on the fast weekend!

Though I am not doing much hence the posts lol.

Nah we went to a friends place for dinner last night and we are going to Armadale today. DH loves The Simpsons and they are having a gallery exhibition of the artwork so we are going for a drive to check it out. Why not??

Sal - Glad to hear Miles slept well. Not rubbing it in at all. I would rather hear that he is rather than he isnt. Don't need any more zombies on the site lol.
    Thanks for the congrats

I have decided to go the the sleep clinic for Kobi. I went with Tyra and it worked wonders so will try again. Day sleeps are certainly no longer an issue. But this night time debarcle has got to stop! I am probably going to swap beds with Tyra for a bit so as not to disturb her or DH as well. Will see how we go trying the whole sleep thing!

Ok better go. Sitting here half naked so best I get dressed so we can go out.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

howdy eveyone.

my internet isn't working at the moment (i'm at mum right now) hence the reason i haven't been on.

jelly went to a birthday party today, it was lots of fun - heaps of other babies. although we had to leave a little early as her she had sore gums and was getting sooky. you can actually see the tooth through the gums now, so hopefully it will pop through tonight (although my breasts are a little anxious at the thought!).

we have also started going to playgroup - which is great fun.

anyway i'll talk later - hopefully have the internet back up again sson.

Hey guys,

Need to be quick as DA will wake up really soon, as I want to go home..

Move went ok... still trying to unpack - boxes everywhere, which is driving me crazy, but should finish in a day or 2..

Don't have internet for at least another 2 to 3 weeks (need to wait for our ADSL to be provisioned)...grrr.. serious internet withdrawl... I'm at mums at the moment, so don't have much time to type anything.. At least the lack of internet is making me unpack more!

DA has been rolling heaps for about 3 weeks now.. As soon as i took the archs off the tinylove mat he did actually, so i think he found them intimidating.. and he rolls both ways, did it like 10 mins once the archs weren't there....

Caved in and gave him solids... only done it like 3 times, he loves them so much.. only veggies at this stage, but he cant get enoug, as soon as we gave it to him he swalled it straight away, a good tablespoon or more worth... So it confirms that i think he was just hungry... Ha been waking every 3.5hrs through the night for a full on feed (but goes back down well which is a blessing)..

I'm utterly exhausted, and the stress from moving has made my ecezma flare up bigtime, all over my nipples, and feeding is excruiating (another reason why i caved into solids)...but i'm trying not to give him to much so he doesn't miss any feeds... its not even so much that i care if he still wakes during the night, that truely wasn't my motivating factor, i was just genuinely worried he was hungry... Boy, its so hard to know what to do...

I know they say wait until 6 months, i waited until 5, but i also feel that if he was hungry then i was missing the point about doing what was best for my baby. and i also feel everyone has their own ajenda's, so its really hard to get unbiased advice... also, i was slightly put off by the way they chnage the recommended age to start solids, being the cynic that i am, i wonder what it will be in a few years time?? Gosh, i wish they came with instruction manuals! But i still feel really guilty about giving him solids... Although the way he had no problems eating and swallowing straight away did confirm he was pretty much ready for it.. at least if he had refused i would have known he wasn't interested... did any of that make sense.. boy i am tired!

Laura - DH and i do the seperate bed thing.. DH has sleep apnoea, and terrible terrible snoring.. i honestly can't sleep next to him - he used to choke in his sleep and stop breathing besides the snoring (although know he has a mouth guard which helps but not elimiates it).. but i had the queen, he has a single.. I've been co-sleeping with DA for the past month or so, i acutally like it, but might move him into his cot soonish... kinda ruins intimate moments, when i'm like, we can't, DA is in the bed etc.

But ppl think i'm crazy for having his cot in my room, so imagine what ppl would say if i told them i co-sleep... so i don't bother cos its none of tehir buisness and i don't care about their opinions of what i should be doing with my child anyway!

Checked out the photo's of Luxxe - she is just gorgeous!

Lisa - glad Kobi is rolling now! Good luck with the solids!

Di - Hope Brodie cheers up soon... Maybe can you go to the MCHN and speak to them about PND.. or I think there is a group PANDA... But maybe first try just getting a babysitter for like 1 hour and just having some time to yourself!?

Jillian - good luck with Imogen and the growth spurt.. I don't know how ppl cope when they have other kids and its not like they can just spend the whole day in bed after a bad night??

Guess I will find out when I have some more... yeps, we are planning on having a lot, but i guess we are used it it (friends of ours have 16), but i think its slightly easier once you have older ones cos they can help out by entertaining they younger ones..

But i'll guess we will wait and see what happens and how we feel later on down the track... I guess i'm lucky that DH wants a big family also, cos i don't know what I would do it we wanted different amounts of children!?

Misty - good luck with the teething

I don't know if DA actually will ever get teeth now.. I thought he had to, and you can see them under the gums, these little white peaks, and someimes you cn feel the littel edges, but they wont come out and they have been this way for like a month.. Somebody told me they aren't really teeth, some special kind of baby ulcers, which are more a sign of teething... Anyway, I don't really care when he gets them i figure he will do everything at his own pace!

Anyway, i'm exhausted, so i might have to go put DA in the car (was waiting for him to wake up himself)...

I'll try and get on in the next few days..

I hate not having internet..

Have a great night everyone

Akeesha Guest

Morning all

Yael - So good to see you. Bugger about the lack of internet but like you said...it means you get some stuff unpacked. But we miss you so don't be a stranger
    Glad to hear that DA is going so well. I hear you on the teeth. I keep thinking for sure we will see some soon but now I have resigned myself to the fact that we won't see them for at least 2 or 3 months.
    As for all the stuff you were saying about solids and sleeping etc...just do whatever keeps you and DA happy. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. You go with your own instincts. We all do things differently and no way is right or wrong for everyone. If you follow your instincts and go with DA's flow I don't see how you can go wrong. You are obviously doing an awesome job so just keep it up!

Jillian - Yay on Immy sleeping through. Lucky duck haha. Nah it's good to hear that she gave you a good night again.

Well Kobi went down at 8:30 and was up at 12 for a feed. Not a massive one but she did eat. Then I cannot honestly remember the next time she woke...but it was maybe 3 hours later. I didn't make it. She ended up in bed with me. She just sleeps better that way. She still stirs and then I just put her on the boob and it knocks her out after about 30 seconds. That tells me there is no hunger there just comfort. Ah well...we'll see how we go.

As for her eating solids...she is still unsure. She likes the sweet stuff and doesnt mind her vegies but is finding it difficult to get used to the whole thing I think. So it's going to take a while for her to be a good solids eater me thinks. I dont give her too much and stop when she refuses more. But I do give it to her daily and regular times like lunch and dinner. Just do she gets used to it.

But I know some gets through cos boy oh boy are her nappies chocca's!!! lol

Ok well I will go and do some housework..ick...and then come back and play around some more on the net.

Have a great day.

WEll I hope that I am not bragging but my 2 love their food, all types. We have had homemade rice ceral, weetbix, sausage, mince, pumpkin, sweet potatoe, potatoe, avacado, peas, apple, pear and last night they slept from the 9.30pm rollover til 7.30 am this morning. They have been troubled the last week though as they have had a nasty cough and runny nose, but looks like things are getting better. They are now on 3solid feeds per day.

Jillian if I was able to continue BF, that was my plan too, no solids until 7-8 mths, so I know where you are coming from

Sal Guest

I don't think you're bragging Tam but I am impressed none-the-less!

Jillian, I tried Miles on the baby oatmeal yesterday and he vomited it up so I'm giving up on both it and Farex. So far he's only had pumpkin and sweet potato. From a jar. LOL. I just don't think I'm the type to make up baby food. I will just introduce him to family food asap.

Gee you're organised Tam! I only feed Miles solids when I think of it! So far it's been once a day (and none yesterday I forgot to buy a jar of food ) OK must get organised, must get organised, must get organised....hmmmm. The MCHN said to give milk first until 9m, but Miles gets full and then won't eat any. What are you all doing?

Hi to Yael, glad to hear that the move went well, hope you get internet back quickly. Funny how our mum-instinct overrides advice we get from elsewhere! Must be something to it, after all all the recommendations are for the 'average baby'. Yet not one of us has one of them

Ah, I knew I'd pay by telling you all of Miles' good night sleep! Last night was a shocker, he was up between 3-4am and being VERY loud. He might have been cold but he cries wolf so often that I didn't check him, just rocked the hammock quietly. I gotta say he better be sleeping through the night by the time the next bub appears, or I will actually die from tiredness!

Akeesha Guest

Sal - Try the spirulina before you try the dying option lol. Might help. I'm sure he will be great in no time with sleeping. Might have just been a bad night.
    As for the solids well I give them to Kobi before I offer her breast. I only do that becuase if I give her milk first then she wont want food. Don't feel bad about the jars/tins. I have been doing that too. Though I will make my own vegies and stuff when she actually starts eating them....maybe. I did that with Tyra but half the things I did with Tyra I will probably be too lazy to do second time round lol.
    But I can't wait til she can eat our food.

She just denied the chicken and vegies I tried to give her. Shot me down in flames. Might have to open the jar of mixed vegies I think. At least they are only like 82cents so I am not wasting much money lol.

I try to give her lunch and dinner. Not at exact times mind you..but when she has woken from her first sleep I let her play and then give her some lunch then a bit later she gets boob.

And then she has dinner at about 6:30-7 ish..sometimes a bit later. Then she has a bath..boob and bed.
    It will be good when she actually eats the food I give her lol.
    Tyra was a great eater..but this one is fussy.

Tam - certainly don't consider you bragging. I think it's great you have got them into a routine the way you do and that they eat so well. I am just pleased they are making being a mother of twins that little bit easier for you

Hi guys, I had to pop in! It sounds like some of you are having similar probs to me! Firstly Laura, I have not been sharing a room with DH since Coco was born, and just last week we have moved into the same bed again and I HATE it. Even if he just breathes deeply it drives me NUTS!! So we are having alot of punch ups in bed! Every time I nudge him to get him to change position he hits me back!!!???
    Also we have a non sleeper here. I am going CRAZY. For the last week Coco has been waking at 3am and NOT going back to sleep. I have let her cry (for hours on end) and I have tried patting, teething medicine, breast feed, dummy (after we got rid of it) and NOTHING has worked. I even went to Doc today to rule out illness. Absolute nightmare. SO i totally sympathise with those of you whose bubs are waking up a bit!!
    Food wise she's a great eater, and she's really a delight but it's just those early hours. I have been up at 3am for the past week, it can't be doing me any good whatsoever. I don't even know if what Im saying to people is coming out in English anymore!!
    Anyway, just wante dto stick my nose in. Can't believe how fast the year has gone. You've all got gorgeous bubba's!!!
    xo

Sal Guest

Hi Meg! Gee Coco is a little stunner! OK now I can think of you when I'm up at 3am with Miles It's just the luck of the draw isn't it, whether you get a sleeper or not, don't you think? My sister (who has 3 kids, none of which had any sleep probs) asked me whether I'd done controlled crying with Miles. Well, I don't think it's in me to do, but the thing is that he doesn't really cry, he just grumbles VERY LOUDLY. Arrrggghh, I am pinning my hopes on when Miles starts crawling, apparently they get so worn out that they can't help but sleep more.

My hat goes off to all the mums out there who make all the baby food I don't think I'm one of them, though

Akeesha Guest

Jillian - Definitely go the Spirualina. I probably sound like I am preaching talking about it and I hope I am not going on about it too much but I really recommend it. If it isnt that working for me then I have had a miraculous overhaul coincidentally let me tell you.
    They can't harm you cos they are all natural and I suppose if for some reason they don't work for you or something then all you have to do is stop taking them right! T
    I would go for a brand that sells the tablets with the higher mg. I bought enervite with 1000mg's. I only have to take 3 a day(more if I want to, but I only take three with breakfast) as opposed to other brands that have 500mg per tab and you take 6 or more a day. It worked out cheaper to buy the brand I bought.
    Have you got a chemist warehouse near you? You may get them there cheaper than a health food shop. Either way I recommend them and hope they work for you.

Meg- You poor thing with Coco waking at 3 am I mean Kobi wakes alot but she tends to go back to sleep. It must be hard. I hope it all gets alot better very soon. I can relate to the tiredness and the english or lack ther of lol. I just ramble some days and my friends are like.."Lisa what is wrong with you?" I just have days where I am in my own world. Though I have been ok for the past week or so. I still relate!!

I am very proud of my efforts today. Despite being connected to Kobi for the best part of the day (she is a little clingy) and being glued to the computer screen I have still done alot. I have done all my ironing..the basket was huuuuuge. I made all the beds this morning ( an effort believe me)..did all the dishes and tidied up the house. I have been doing little lists in the morning and then ticking things off as I go. It makes it easier to do stuff and then I feel good when I achieve it. Did someone here suggest that to me?? Anyhow it's been working a treat.
    Tomorrow I will dust and vac I think and if it isnt blowing a gale I might even get out in the garden and get some weeds!!!!

Ok Kobi is cracking it slighty. Best I nip it in the bud.

See ya

I've just been reading over today's posts with Luxxe in my lap.

She's been farting like a trouper for days!!!!!!!! OMG the stench!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

she's not done any poo for days... so i guess that's the reason

BUT she's just done a poo right now!!!!!!!!!!

how sad that i'm so excited about what is bound to be a paint peeling stinker of a nappy.... thank god I put a disposable on.... I had a feeling today was going to be the day.

anyway - will tend to my stinky howler monkey and be back in a bit.

xxx
    L

ok back.

that had to be the stinkest grossest nappy I've ever had to deal with. If it was a cloth one I think I would have just burnt it.

anyway - I too have fallen victim to the 3am wakeup. I figure it must be growth spurt time again.

I swear the other morning I woke up and jumped in the shower for a quick shower before DH handed over Luxxe for her shower time (we're co-showering also) and as he un-wrapped her from the towel I just went WHOA!!!!!! she honestly looked like she had grown HEAPS since the day before!

I coudln't believe how big she had gotten so quickly. She's heavier too....though it might have been the 2 kg of poo she's been saving up.

anyway - DH was yet again kicked out of bed again last night becuase It's just easier to have Luxxe lay in the middle and for me to move from one side of the bed to the other when we need to change boobs. She must be feeding 3-4 times during the night the last few nights.

also she has a bit of a cold... just a bit sniffly and a cough.

Oh - yesterday we went to buy a king single for DH and were planning on going to Cap't snooze and 40 winks and bed shed.... on the way we saw a sign for a place that is actually a matress making facorty that does factory direct.... so for the mattress we were willing to pay $2k for , we got for $685 can you beleive the mark-up on these things!!!!!!

so I'm totally excited. YAY for bargains!!!!!

we moved the cot out of the bed room and moved the queen bed around so now there's heaps of room for the king single that DH will be using. I reckon it's a great solution to our troubles. I still have DH in the same room and now we have a seperate bed for being romantic.... like Yael said... it can kill the mood fairly swiftly.

Oh and the cot, we've moved it into the living area and are using it like a play pen... put all the toys in there and she can roll around and play safely and the puppies don't steal her stuffed toys.

Ok on the topic of sleep -

about a month ago a friend of mine was telling about a theory in holistic therapies that went along the lines that until your baby is about 3 they will often display the symptoms of the mother's illness/condition/whatever becuase they are basically just extensions of the mother. SO when the child displays symptoms you need to treat the mother in order to heal the child.

I was thinking about it and I reckon it makes sense....I can think of a few times where Luxxe has had the symptoms for things I've been feeling....It probably has a lot to do with sharing the same germs and stuff.. but I reckon it's worth keeping in mind when the babies show signs of not being content etc.

anyway - I was thinking about it and I've found that when Luxxe is tired and not sleeping well..... I've been running myself a bit thin and not drinking enough water and taking my suppliments.... so when I do make sure I drink heaps and take my omega3 etc I feel better and she sleeps better.

my friend was saying how when she was pregnant with ther second baby and was suffering with morning sickness.... her first DS had a cold that she coudln't shake... so whilst she was just wanting to lay down and sleep away the nausea, the toddler was happy to do the same because she wasn't feeling great either... adn then as soon as the morning sickness was gone, the little one got better and they both were up and about together.

I'm still not giving luxxe any solids... though whenever I make something she can have I freeze some for her. like pumpkin.

for those that won't eat farex, have you tried puree of brown rice?

well Luxxe is growling.... like seriously growling. It's part of her playing/talking/vocalising but it generally leads to crying when she gets tired of playing... which is right about now.

xxx
    L

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast