Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in January 2006 #4

Default Babies Born in January 2006 #4

This thread is for parents of children who were born in January 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

January '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Tam
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 2nd January 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Declan John Peter 5lb 11oz, 47cm long. Rylee Noelle Amelia 5lb 5oz and 44cm long
    Gender of Baby: Boy & Girl
    Baby's Name: Declan and Rylee
    Baby's Website: in signature
    Health Concerns: 4 weeks prem

Forum Name: DiannaQ
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 7/1/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 6pounds - 47cm - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Gorgeous Baby Boy
    Baby's Name: Brodie Josef
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlepoppit/
    Health Concerns: 3 weeks early!!!
    Notes: Fattening up my little man

Forum Name: juliec
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 12 January 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2920 kg, 50cm long
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Clarrie Oliver
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: nil
    Notes: He's gorgeous (of course!)

Forum Name:Misty
    Baby's DOB: 17/01/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.510kg (7pounds, 11oz), Length - 53cm, Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Angelica Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none - she's absolutely perfect.
    Notes: next time I might try the drugs!

Forum Name: Akeesha
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 18/1/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3660g - 51.5cm - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: GIRL!!!!!
    Baby's Name: Kobi Jade
    Baby's Website: Currently in creation
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Feeling extremely empowered due to achieving my VBAC birth for our little girl. Cant help but relive it daily.

Forum Name: Bek
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 19 Jan 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 4lb 2oz (1880g) Length 44.5cm Head Circ 31cm
    Baby's Name: Kahlani Rose
    Baby's Website:
    [b]Health Concerns: IUGR, Complicated Reflux
    Notes: Emergency caesar after foetal distress, admitted to SCN and discharged after 11 days.

Forum Name: Luscious Laura
    Baby's DOB: 19/1/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.585kg - 51cm - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: beautiful baby girl
    Baby's Name: Luxxe
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: working on recovering from the trauma of being in Hospital and the NICU.

Forum Name: Sal
    Baby's DOB: 20th Jan 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.53kg, long bub (not measured yet), head circ 36cm
    Baby's Name: Miles
    Baby's Website: In signature
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Having b/f issues, trying to resolve

Forum Name: Princesst
    Baby's DOB: January 22nd 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2250g, 46cm in length
    Baby's Name: Allegra Chiara
    Baby's Website: One day!!
    Health Concerns: Feeding due to her smaller size but things are looking up already.
    Notes:

Forum Name: Yael
    Baby's DOB: January 23rd 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3210g, 50cm length, 35.5cm head circ.
    Baby's Website: I'm hoping to get around to it before he's 18!
    Notes:

Name: Jo
    state: Vic
    Babies DOB: 26/01/06 Australia Day!!!!
    Babies stats: Joshua - 5lb, 48cm length, 31cm head.
    Jazmima - 5lb 2 1/2, 48cm length, 32cm head.
    Name: Joshua & Jazmina
    Health concerns: Both have umbilical hernias (non life threatening) Both were operated on @ 7 wks for inguinal hernias. Joshua needs his hearing test to be redone due to a fail in his left ear. Joshua also has a slight curve to both his legs & his penis, but the paediatric surgeon is confident that this will sort itself out in due course.
    Notes: 5 weeks early. Mum induced due to PE, and had a vaginal delivery.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 10:03 PM.

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

Aaaawww, how clever is she? See Jillian, she was just saving it up for today - now you will always remember how old she was when she did it LOL.

Jillian - a big yeh for Imogen rolling. Very clever! Clarrie is still very happy to lie there.

Sal, hope you're feeling a little closer to 35 again. LOL.

Misty, good luck with the christening. These things take a lot of preparation don't they? I felt exhausted by the time Clarrie's naming day was over.

Well, off tomorrow for my weekend jaunt down to Adelaide with Clarrie. Our first little holiday without Dad. It won't start off too exciting as we are calling in to see the bank manager in Gawler first

cheers, Julie

Sal Guest

Congrats on Immy getting her rolling act together LOL!

Hope you are having a good w/end Julie.

DH and I are not christening/dedicating/any other cermony-ing Miles!

Miles had his 6m screen. His hip could not be rotated so I have to take him to the doc. Nurse is pretty sure he's OK but he was fighting her and getting hysterical so she just couldn't clear him. Also she was a bit concerned about his lack of rolling back to front (Jillian, lucky Immy got in ). Miles hates being in his front and immediately rolls to his back when I put him on his front, so not sure how he's going to learn to crawl

Don't know if Miles is teething or what, but he's been a grumpling baby for a full week now. Getting a bit over it, must admit

Hi to all, haven't heard from Joja, Jo, Dianna, Yael, Lisa and Laura in a while, huh?

Sal Guest

ahem...check out my signature (and my announcement elsewhere!)

OMG Sal that is just GREAT news. I am sooooo happy for you. One LTTC to another, that is awesome!!!!

Sal, fantastic news. That was quick!!! You must be pleased as punch.

Hope all goes well with the doctor's appointment for Miles. Hmmm, Clarrie isn't interested in rolling either way except for a few times that he has done it in the past. Definitely not feeling worried yet, though. I was going for the 6m check-up when his shots are due which are not until the end of July. Sal, he has been happier on his front for the last couple of weeks (and hated it before) so perhaps it just takes time.

Had a great weekend, but feeling tired! Clarrie was a bit unsettled being out of routine but loved Camille, who is 3 and was so gentle with him.

Julie

YEEHA SAL!!!! that's is just brilliant news on No.2 - i'm so very pleased for you

been really busy here - brodie is teething like mad and extremely grumpy.

he has 2 molars and a front tooth coming all at once and he is very "over" it - i even had it checked by a dentist because i thought i was imagining it - needless to say she was taken aback.

i'm a little worried about brodies development and lack of interest to do anything but i'm puting it down to pain from his teeth - i'd be more worried if he had never rolled but as mentioned way back he spent a week doing it allday everyday back in May - maybe he's just easily bored ??

besides i think i always panic a bit before checkups etc....i'm just a paranoid freak!!!

oh well gotta put my dribbly guy to bed he's starting to resemble a bunny rabbit with his pink eyes and all.....

have a great day all

Sal Guest

Thanks girls! Yep, DH and I are pleased as punch...it's still sinking in, though, I keep saying to him 'you do know we're pg again, don't you?' Seriously, I really didn't think it was going to happen for us as my cycles were getting ever more irregular. We were only giving ourselves til next May to fall pg otherwise Miles was going to be an only child. How things change!

Julie, glad to hear your w/end was good. I wouldn't worry about the rolling thing, either, except the nurse put the fear into me (words like getting him physio etc). I think she wasn't so great, I came out of there worried about Miles' hips, rolling, and language development LOL. He's fine in all three, I'm sure.

Dianna, WOW on Brodie sprouting a pile of teeth at once :eek: poor little guy. Ah if he's rolled, he's fine

OK must duck off now, give Mr Miles a bath, then feed, then nap before his appt.

Chat later!

SAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually had a little cry of happiness for you when I read it!!

OMG I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you and DH and Miles!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you've made my day!

very very cool!

OK - i've recovered now

JIllian - Happy 6 months to Immy!! and YAY for her rolling abilities and toothipegs! She's such a cutey.

Oh you know what I was thinking about the other day? How when I first came to BB and we were all newly preggas, Lochie was only 3 and now he's going to be 5!!! I can't beleive how fast time has flown!

I am constantly amazed by how fast the last 6 months have gone by.

Julie - I've only just checked out your strawbale house! VERY COOL!! My Dh has been dreaming of building a strawbale house for years! he's always looking for land in the country that we can afford and then we wants to build a weekender and lots of fruit trees - so that's the dream!
    and How cute is Clarrie!!!!

Seriously - how lucky are we to all have such gorgeous babies!!!!

In Luxxe news - I think she's teething also. apart from the spectacular amounts of drool and sticking everything in her gob.... she's often obviously in pain as nothing with comfort her other than me lettin g her chew on my fingers.

I'm hoping that she'll have a tooth to show for her troubles soon. But then I thought about now she won't have her little gummy grin anymore and I got sad..... she's growing up too fast!

Everyday she seems to learn something new and is getting so much bigger more quickly now.

I swear - the other day she had a huge nap.... nearly 4 hours... and when she woke up she was bigger. She must have grown a cm and put on half a kilo

ok maybe not that much.... but she was definitely bigger and looked less baby faced and her voice was different too.

she can roll.... both ways... but doesn't do it very often.... which is fine with me... I always worry she's going to roll off something... paranoid.

her fine motor skills are totally blowing me away. my PIL bought her some blocks that have a pop up thing on the top and when you press it it makes another part of the block move.... so a month ago... she couldn't even pick the blocks up. they were too big.
    and now she was pick them up stick them in her mouth, bash the pop up head and move the other bits....it's amazing!

she also has a ball that sheloves. I put it on her feet in the bassinette and she lifts her legs up to bring the ball to her hands so she can play with it.

but my favourite thing it that now she's laughing. actual proper giggling laughs and she's ticklish too!

she still has mittens on heaps because she tends to scratch her neck where she has eczema.... but I took her to the naturopath on Thursday and she gave us some homeopathy treatment ..... and I'm amazed how quickly it's worked.

I've tried every cream I could find and prescription from the paed etc.... but last sunday week she broke out in hives after I put some cream on... so that's when I decided to go to the naturopath.

it's only been3 days and already the rash is nearly gone. all she had was 2 of the little balls in 10ml of water and then she had to have 1 ml of the water. that's it.

the repeat dose is in a week or a fortnight depending on how the rash goes.

I totally reccomend finding a naturopath if anyone is thinking about it.

sleeping is going well still. about 3 naps a day and sleeping throughfrom about 8.30pm to 4.30am for a feed then back to sleep til about 6 or 7am.

but we're c0-sleeping so the 4am feed isn't a big deal.

oh.... speaking of which.... she's up from her nap now and we've got some playtime to have

xxx
    L

Sal Guest

Hehe Jillian, I reckon 3 is way enough (DH is now actually talking about 3, we were at best hoping for 2 until now). Did you read in my pg announcement that Yael is going to have 8-10 or maybe more kids :eek: I'm way too old, thankfully, to even think about such numbers!

Thanks Laura are you TTC now, or giving it a bit of time? Tam said she was happy to fall pg anytime now (*gasp* only a supermum could consider more babies with 2 @ 6m old)

Yep Laura, time absolutely flies. It's just amazing. And yet pg (for me at least) dragged on forever! I can't say I've missed being preggers at all, now I just want this one to hurry up and be over! But of course in that time Miles has got so much developing and growing to do, so I think I'll be totally distracted and not worrying so much about the new bub. Having said that, I am so scared of having twins, not likely I know but geez I don't think I'd cope...

I hope Luxxe sprouts a tooth soon, too. Nothing worse than a grumpy baby with no reason to be. What a little champ, rolling both ways! Seeing as the MCHN has put fear into me about Miles' lack of tummy time, DH and I now force him to do some, although he rolls over the second we put him in his tummy. So now I grab his legs, DH his arms, and we 'crawl' him along the bed. He just laughs and laughs, he loves it! Don't think he's learning from it (and no, we are not freaky parents who are trying to 'hothouse' him, I just don't want him sent to physio )

That's great that Luxxe's eczema is clearing up - go with whatever works!

*sigh* I've forgotten what I have to do now I'm pg again (BTs? scans? how to get into the midwife system - which was so hard given my docs denied sole midwife care was possible). Aah, I won't turn this into a pg thread, don't worry

Akeesha Guest

Hey All,

Long time no see!!

I haven't caught up on much of the previous postings but did see 2 bits of news...Firstly...

Sal - Congrats on the fantastic wonderfully exciting baby news!!! I am sooooooo pleased for you.

Jillian - Yay for Imogen rolling. Hoorah. And 6 months old already..wow makes you wonder where the heck time goes hey.

Well just a small update on us.
    We went away to see my my family in Shepparton on the second week of the school holidays. We have come back sick but we are getting over it. Just colds so that's ok.
    Kobi is doing well besides the fact she has a cold and her routine is completely screwed from being away. She is really all over the place at the moment but is happy to be home I think and will settle again soon.

She isnt any closer to rolling than she was last time I posted but she did do something exciting today. She sat up all by herself for a good minute and a half at least. Perfectly upright. Then wobbled a bit and so I had to prop her up again. But I was so pleased. I reckon she will bloody walk before she ever rolls lol. She has done lots of sitting today so she is getting much better.

Tyra went back to school so that was good. The 2 weeks were great but she was ready to go back. She came home with a certificate for being responsible with her reader all last term. She is quite pleased with herself lol.

Well despite my fair absence I really have no news hehe. Thats it. All is good just normal and boring lol. Thats fine...I dont mind boring too much.

Ok well I will go and have a play with the girls then think about dinner.

Hope everyone is well. Chat soon.

Sal Guest

What a clever little sitting-upright Kobi! That's my one 'boast' about MIles, even though his rolling/tummy time is abysmal, he can sit up by himself, for long periods of time. I'm with you on Kobi and Miles walking, never rolling LOL.

Hi ladies and babies!

Sal - I'm still so excited about your #2 baby!!

We have put TTC plans on hold for a bit. Not for any real reason...We both still really want to have #2 close to Luxxe....

oh well... it will hapen when it's meant to I guess. I have a feeling that we will wait til next April and then conceive then.... and have another January baby - we're January people and i'd feel bad for the baby if all the rest of the family were January birthdays and then there was one in August or something. Does that sound dumb?

Hey Lisa! Yay for Kobi and sitting up!! very cool. Luxxe is giving it a go but hasn't managed any more than about 30 seconds.

OH last night I had a dream that Luxxe was crawling. She somehow wiggled out of her high chair and was crawling around like a champion.

I always dream that she can talk too. Does anyone else dream about that sort of stuff? almost every night I dream that Luxxe can talk or crawl or do something she can't do yet...we have lovely conversations.

then again last night I also dreamt that I was trapped in baby bunting over night and there were all these people from my high school there buying baby stuff.

hmmmm...no wonder I'm so tired..... my dreams are too busy.

TOday we're going to the museum with my mother's group. I'm really looking forward to it. I think the babies will love looking at all the amazing stuff. Then hopefully Luxxe will fall asleep and sleep for a few hours too.

Poor little Luxxe is suffering with the teething. I can see the teeth on the botton front gum so clearly... I reckon it's got to be any day now.

Jillian - I tried the icecube in a flannel (well I used a tea-towel) trick and it worked BRILLIANTLY!!! she went from screaming wriggling crying for half hour straight to instantly stopping and jsut sucking on the ice.

ooohhhhhh Has anyone seen Superman yet?? We're planning on going to see it at the drive-ins.... eventually.

well it looks like breakfast playtime is over and it's time for our naps.

check ya later lovely ladies!!!

xxx
    L

oh and I"ve just posted some photos from the last week on the blog if you want to get a luxxe update

Akeesha Guest

Hey all,

Crappy night last night sleep wise but oh well. Used to that now. Most likely cos she is still a little unwell and we went away for a week. That has wrecked me so I assume it has wrecked her.

Laura - Luxxe is utterly adorable. Such a cute little angel. She really does look quite long/tall. Oh and I love the picture of her in your uggs lol. Your blog is great.

I really need to get my but in gear and update my website. I havent looked at it in ages. I think I might add the link to photobucket in here and show you guys that way instead til I get time to get a decent site up and running. I can do that can't I?
    I will make it a point to get all my pics on the computer and then onto photobucket.

Ok I better go. Just popped in to say hi and see how things were today.

Have a good one ladies.

Sal Guest

Yep Laura she is gorgeous. We have a similar ant problem... DH won't let me nuke 'em with insect spray so I do it when he's at work hehehe I can't stand 'em. And they love our bathroom, too. Go figure!

OK I put my hand up as having a tiring night, too. Mr Miles woke for a feed at 11pm, I couldn't sleep before that, then he was restless and making a lot of noise from 3am. Jillian I too might collapse and die! It really feels possible to die from lack of sleep LOL.

Miles got his hips checked by the GP yesterday, they were fine (I knew that all along). His latest trick is to undo his nappy when he's on the change table. So soon?!?!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast