Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in January 2006 #6

Yeh, Sal, WE MISS YOU ALREADY! The place won't be the same without you.

Jillian, good to hear that all is going well and that Imogen is enjoying the solids.

Laura, I've heard of the quinoa but haven't bought it. I think it's criminal for someone to eat their baby's food!! - LOL! I finish off Clarrie's food all the time. Can't have good food going to waste Sounds like I should be eating the quinoa. I've been feeling a bit cr*p the last few days. So tired and cr*p that I even ordered some of that In-liven stuff from the health food store that everyone on BB has been raving about. It should be in next week.... Perhaps the quinoa would have been cheaper...

Dianna, how's the meds going? Hope you're feeling a difference in the not too distant future.

Lisa, forgot to say that the gym stuff sounds good, especially the creche! We look forward to a progress report.

Gee, that is a pretty horrible experience for Bridie and Jo. Glad to hear that Bridie is doing okay and hope Jo has got over the shock of having to do CPR. That is one thing that you always hope you don't have to do on your child, but are so glad that you know it if you do.

Have a good weekend everyone, cheers, Julie xx

Akeesha Guest

Bugger I hope Jo and Brig are ok. Wow that would have been a very scary experience. Please pass on my best wishes to them.

I didnt know Sal had gone either. I am tearing up here I really am going to miss her. How did I miss this major development.
    Well I dont know if she will see this or not but just in case..

Sal- I will really miss you here. You are always full of great advice and wonderful to chat to. Thank you so much for all of the advice and for listening and being so supportive of me since I joined the group. I will really miss you and I wish you and Miles all the best. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy and I hope that everything goes fabulously with the new baby. xoxo

Ok I am a bit sad now so running of to avoid the emotion.

Have a good weekend ladies.
    Last edited by Akeesha; August 25th, 2006 at 09:52 PM.

WOW!!

what's going on ??

What happened to make Sal go? is it a secret? is she ok?

SAL WE'LL MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie - in my search for millet and other wholesome baby friendly grain, I came across in-liven. I've beenreading the posts from the ladies that are aking it.... sounds pretty good.... the jar I saw was $59 is that the usual price?? coz yes.... quinoa would have been cheaper....I got it for about $6/kg

DH has been making fun of me coz I'm apparently turning into a hippy. I told him he should be so lucky to have me looking around trying to find us healthy organic foods to eat. he made a few jokes about my growing mung beans.... and I said if he wasn't nice, he wasn't allowed to eat any. So yes, i'm growing mung bean sprouts and a variety of other sprouts too. I haven't grown sprouts since I was a kid.... I forgot how tasty and easy it was..... plus I found a recipe for puree sprouts for babies. sounds like it could be gross.... but seeing as a certain baby doesn't want to eat anything else.... i'm trying everything.

speaking of tired..... i'm so freaking exhausted. Luxxe is waking every hour or so again like when her teeth came through... looks like her top teeth aren't far off.

well i hope everyone is having a good weekend.

xxx
    L

WOO HOO!!! - Brodie has TEETH!!! - well atleast 1 anyway - it is the bottom tooth at the front and one next to it is literally days away - I can see it right under the gum.

We made an agreement (that's Brodie and I) that if he grows some teeth we can use them as a gift for father's day - this way we won't need to go shopping!! - BJ hates the shops - the only one he likes and this is just my luck - is the Butcher -( I'm border line vego and have to hold my breath when i go into the butchers and here's BJ waving and smiling at everyone - LOL - funny kid I've got here....)

anyway - hope everyone had lovely weekends - back to the packing I go....

seeya

Hi all,

Laura - Sal has left a message in the Messages for other Members bit (somewhere down the bottom of the list of forums). She's okay, and it was nothing to do with our fabulous January babies group - of course!!

I hope that Luxxe's top teeth come through soon for your sake! The thing about me feeling so yucky doesn't seem to be lack of sleep. But maybe the quality of sleep. Anyway, hope that you get some good sleep soon, Laura. This sleep thing sounds endless - my friend with a nearly 4 year old daughter was talking about her broken sleep. Oh well......

Yeah, sounds like the quinoa would have been cheaper. The health food store said about $59 for the in-liven. I thought I would give it a go as everyone is raving so much about it. I'm not usually that keen on those 'one-stop quick fix' type things - but I do take a multivitamin so I guess that fits into that category anyway. I think I've just hit some sort of 7 month slump. I'll let you know how it goes. The sprouts sound good, I haven't done them for years either! Laura, I always thought you seemed the hippy type anyway Let us know how the pureed sprouts go - sounds disgusting. LOL.

Dianna, so glad Brodie's got a tooth through at last. Eek! that would be my worst nightmare if Clarrie loved the butchers. Actually we never go there, anyway, so we should be safe!!! (being vego).

Good luck with the packing! I've suddenly been spurred on to do a big clean up and get rid of some dust collectors, things I've been hoarding, etc. Wish me luck for actually getting rid of a pile of stuff and not just the pathetic 1 or 2 little things that I usually end up with. Hehehe.

Hi All

Sorry I have not been around but I have been sick, morn sick. We had the u/s and all is good. I am 7 weeks.

Declan has now cut 2 teeth and Rylee's are any day now. They are both talking and great babies.

Tam, so glad the u/s showed everything ticking along nicely! Hope the morning sickness eases though

Congrats Tam!!! that's great news!

DI - Yay for brodie's teeth!

Julie - I like to think of myself as an urban hippie the 'sprouted salad puree' actually doesn't sound as gross as I first thought... ok maybe the idea has just grown on me... but it's a tablespoon of mixed sprouts and half a small avocado. IT says to puree the sprouts first and then puree with the avocado and serve immediately.

this will provide a baby food jammed packed with anti-oxidants, vit E, protein etc.

despite all the running around i've been doing making sure Luxxe has all organic produce and grains and organic everything.... she still doesn't seem very interested in food. mostly she just screws her face up like i'm feeding her poison and then gags and hasnow perfected a fake cough....this fake cough is pulled out of her bag of tricks when she is trying to be funny or thinks it will distract me from feeding her. pretty clever... but not clever enough!

we had another night of broken sleep. poor little thing... her teeth are really giving her trouble. we had the chamomilla in full use last night.... but ended up using rescue remedy again as it seems to help much quicker. or maybe I wasn't using enough of the chamomilla.

anyway - she's asleep now.... of course... when I want to be taking Dh to work and she's usually awake.....oh well it will be good for her.

hope everyone has a lovely day!

catch you all later

xxx
    L

hey Laura your rescue remedy - is it just the normal Bach Flower one - i think you get it in chemists/health food stores etc?? - do you remember if it came in a yellow box??

brodie pulls out the coughing also...cheeky monkey's aren't they

Yay - Tam - Congratz on the US results - sorry to hear about the morning sickness - but you know what they say - morning sickness = healthy pregnancy - sorry I'm just trying to make you feel better

Laura, what's happened to your blog? It says it's disabled now? How awful for it. Good luck with the sprout puree. Too bad Luxxe isn't keen on all the organic food you're putting her way. Clarrie is the opposite - he loves his food, but we have had a couple of times where he has stopped the poos for a few days. This is the second time - it's been 3.5 days now. I've been trying all that they say - tummy massages, water, fibre-full veges, stone fruits. We're going to try the prune juice. But I wonder if he overeats? I read somewhere that this may cause constipation. We'll have to keep an eye on things.

Dianna - yes, the rescue remedy is in the yellow container and has a yellow label on the bottle. Great stuff.

Ok, better go and do something else, I guess.

Oh, I think I worked out why i was feeling so horrible - AF has paid a visit today. :eek: Not used to this at all!!

Akeesha Guest

Hello everyone,

Wow you girls are all so good with your organic foods and vego-ness!! I am such a shocker. I give tins and jars or pureed boring vegies. i was better with Tyra but I guess this time round dont have the time/energy.

Kobi is a terrible sleeper once again. Last night it was abour 5 wakeups. I have just decided to go with it for a while and see how she goes. She may work herself out or may need CC later down the track. But for now I am happy to do what she needs. I mean I would love nothing more than a good nights sleep..but I can't face CC right now.

I may be MIA for a few days depending on how good I behave this week! I have to finish off my uni applications and TAFE applications - applying for an array of courses and back up courses-. I have some small essays to write for the applications and want to get started on studying for the STAT I have to sit in October too. i am nervous about that but I know that I will be much better when it's over. It's been a long time since I studied or sat an exam!

At least after all this stuff I have a holiday to look forward too. Can't wait. Just hope that none of my courses require me to have an interview while I am away. I am sure that if they do then I have a good excuse though!!!

Ok I better go. Kobi needs a bum change and then I have to go get Tyra from school.

Oh and speaking of teeth..Kobi still has no signs of any but my big girl has almost lost her first!!! One of her bottom teeth is very loose and she is very excited. It should be out any day now. Wouldnt be surprised if she comes home today or tomorrow from school without it.

Ok have a great day.

hi guys,

Julie - congrats on AF!! I'm still waiting
    constipation is a worry isn't it. Luxxe was similar. the baby pro biotics really helped.

I turned the blog off... decided that I want to try a different style of blog... thinking of doing music rants and tv rants... still working out the nuts and bolts though...

Di- yes the yellow box is the one.... though the one i'm using ATM is the naturopath's own mixture so it doesn't have any labels. also brauer's has a teething remedy that is meant to be really good. i think Jillian said she used it... i've got a sample size bottle but keep forgetting to use it.

well I just found a pile of Dr visit invoices that i haven't taken to medicare..... Yay!!!! money!

does anyone else have a fighty bitey baby?? Luxxe has been biting me something chronic. yesterday she bit my nipple and i screamed... it hurt SSOOOOOOo much. little bugger drew blood!!

now she wants to bite my fingers.... but she really bites hard and leaves teeth marks and it hurts.
    DH reckons i just have to say ouch! really loudly so it scares her and then she'll stop... like when the puppies were little. I'm not sure that babies and puppies are wired the same way though

well gotta go cook dinner.... well turn the oven on and put the lasagne in.... made extra last week for easy dinner this week.

xxx
    L

Akeesha Guest

Hmmm I have had biting issues for ages now though she doesnt have teeth so thats a bonus. I take her straight off the breast when she bites and make quite a loud noise when she does it. However it hasnt worked. But I have heard it can. I have solutions for stopping the biting when they are older though lol.
    I actually find she tries to bite my chin more than anything lol. Though I really do think she is trying to pash me haha. She does kiss me which is mega cute.

I forgot to say to you Julie...congrats (i spose lol) for getting AF. It means that your body is back to normal so to speak. I am still waiting as well.

Laura - You reminded me I really need to organise a website. I want a really easy one that I can easily put photos on. I use photobucket so If I can just use codes from there that would be easier. Any ideas??

Hey Laura

Sorry to harp on the Rescue Remedy - what's the best way to administer it?? - I think you mentioned something about rubbing it on their temples?? or do you just give gorgeous little Luxxe a few drops in the mouth how many, if yes??

I remember using Rescue Remedy on myself - but I could have just about skulled it - LOL.

I have to share a funny story with you all and before I start there is absolutely no racist under tone in this - it's just something i thought was funny

I tool BJ to the docs today - he's started to cough and splatter and was so incredibly miserable yesterday that I thought it was right to get him checked out - anyway the doctor we saw today was an Asian man - BJ couldn't stop laughing at him, everytime he came towards him with a medical instrument he just thought it was the funniest thing - flapping his hands and carrying on - he even grabbed his cheeks with both wet, slobbery hands - admitedly i found this incredibly funny and kind of let him do it - by this point i felt like such a ding dong as here I am telling the Doc how unwell he has been and he pulls out this - funny boy - I'm assuming it's because he hasn't been up close to an Asian person before that he found it humourous - he did something similar with my SIL's boyfriend - he is Moricious (sp??) and quite dark and has this wild afro/golly wog hair - BJ just stares at him and laughs to himself

anyway - just thought I'd share my funny experience - hope you are all well.

I packing like a crazy woman - but I am very much looking forward to moving into my new place - it's just been totally renovated and smells all brand new and it has a lovely garden and an amazingly huge covered deck....get the feeling I like the outdoors?? come on summer - and yes Air Con is included - I'm pretty happy.

I went for a drive through the suburb yesterday and it has this sign that is so corny it makes me laugh it says "Jannali/Como - A little bit of country in the Shire" - this is so funny - it's anything but, it's pretty cosmopolitan actually - alot of rich folk building amazing houses on the water front - i'd say it use to be a working class area but in recent times and property boom the area has changed quite significantly - either way I'm just a "scummy" renter - I have to laugh at this - real estate agents have a completely different approach towards you if you're over a certain age and renting....it's amazing the transition in attitude we recieved once agents found out we also own another property - amazingly though the "guy" (and i have to refer to him as this as he is pretty cool and not bad to look at either, maybe a little older than me but not much younger (30ish) I have been dealing with on this property has been fantastic, can't complain yet (fingers crossed never).

Anyway - enough of my rambling, DH has just come home so I suppose I should say hi - he's a pretty fantastic husband - I got lucky

talk soon

I have a few minutes while dh watches luxxe...

Di - I give Luxxe one drop on rescue rememdy and three drops to myself I still reckon that if think the baby needs some... you probably need some too!

if you can't get it in his mouth for some reason, then you can rub it on his temples or wrists....

if one drop doesn't seem to do anything... wait 10-15 minutes and give another drop.

for yourself.... put the drops under your tongue and let them sit there for a bit

I made luxxe a toy today. very sophisticated!! I cut a hole in the lid of a yoghurt container and then found things that were big enough not to be choking hazards but that still fit in the hole in the lid and showed her how to put them in and take them out. After that I realised I could have just used a tissue box.... oh well... next time.

Lisa - have you tried blogger for you website??

ok - catch you tomorrow

xxx
    L

Good luck with the applications, Lisa. You know you can always ask us for any help and we would do our best!!

Brodie sounds like such a cute little bugger, Dianna. (hmm, looks awful when you write that, but you know what i mean!!) And isn't that what they always say - take them to the doctor and they'll appear right as rain. LOL re. the 'little bit of country' sign.

Can't help you with the photobucket, Lisa, as I've never used it. Hey, can you email me a pic of Kobi - I'd love to see one!! That heart chakra meditation was excellent, by the way.

Okay, better go. But almost forgot to say that one of Clarrie's top teeth has finally poked through!!

Still no poo, though ....

Laura, can't remember who gave me this idea for a toy (hope it wasn't you) but same sort of idea except you sew together heaps of different types of fabric that they can pull out of the tissue box, whatever type of box. Haven't got to this one myself. But I'm in the process of doing a little book with pics of Clarrie and Mummy, Daddy, in the bath, Saffy dog, etc.... I think those sort of personalised things are so cute. Just trying to work out how to cover it so that he doesn't chew it up. We don't have one of those laminators at home.

And Lisa, I am not as good with the foods as Laura is. I've been eating badly myself in the last week and must get my act together. A packet of chocky biscuits in 1 day is NOT the way to go. :eek: LOL.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast