Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in January 2006 #6

Default Babies Born in January 2006 #6

This thread is for parents of children who were born in January 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

January '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Tam
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 2nd January 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Declan John Peter 5lb 11oz, 47cm long. Rylee Noelle Amelia 5lb 5oz and 44cm long
    Gender of Baby: Boy & Girl
    Baby's Name: Declan and Rylee
    Baby's Website: in signature
    Health Concerns: 4 weeks prem

Forum Name: DiannaQ
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 7/1/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 6pounds - 47cm - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Gorgeous Baby Boy
    Baby's Name: Brodie Josef
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlepoppit/
    Health Concerns: 3 weeks early!!!
    Notes: Fattening up my little man

Forum Name: juliec
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 12 January 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2920 kg, 50cm long
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Clarrie Oliver
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: nil
    Notes: He's gorgeous (of course!)

Forum Name:Misty
    Baby's DOB: 17/01/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.510kg (7pounds, 11oz), Length - 53cm, Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Angelica Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: none - she's absolutely perfect.
    Notes: next time I might try the drugs!

Forum Name: Akeesha
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 18/1/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3660g - 51.5cm - 33cm
    Gender of Baby: GIRL!!!!!
    Baby's Name: Kobi Jade
    Baby's Website: Currently in creation
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Feeling extremely empowered due to achieving my VBAC birth for our little girl. Cant help but relive it daily.

Forum Name: Bek
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 19 Jan 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 4lb 2oz (1880g) Length 44.5cm Head Circ 31cm
    Baby's Name: Kahlani Rose
    Baby's Website:
    [b]Health Concerns: IUGR, Complicated Reflux
    Notes: Emergency caesar after foetal distress, admitted to SCN and discharged after 11 days.

Forum Name: Luscious Laura
    Baby's DOB: 19/1/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.585kg - 51cm - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: beautiful baby girl
    Baby's Name: Luxxe
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: working on recovering from the trauma of being in Hospital and the NICU.

Forum Name: Sal
    Baby's DOB: 20th Jan 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.53kg, long bub (not measured yet), head circ 36cm
    Baby's Name: Miles
    Baby's Website: In signature
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Having b/f issues, trying to resolve

Forum Name: Princesst
    Baby's DOB: January 22nd 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2250g, 46cm in length
    Baby's Name: Allegra Chiara
    Baby's Website: One day!!
    Health Concerns: Feeding due to her smaller size but things are looking up already.
    Notes:

Forum Name: Yael
    Baby's DOB: January 23rd 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3210g, 50cm length, 35.5cm head circ.
    Baby's Website: I'm hoping to get around to it before he's 18!
    Health Concerns: None for him, but i have seriously sore nipples which i hope get better soon as i'm finding b/feeding really painful!
    Notes:

Forum Name: Missy
    State: nsw

Baby's DOB: 30/1/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 6lb 11oz - Length 47.5 - Head Circ - 35

Baby's Name:
    Callum
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Just found out he has a tongue tie but not a bad one. Prbly wont need anything done to it.

Notes: Callum was born c-section as he was fetal distress.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:38 PM.

Catch up with your old thread found HERE.

Hi to you all,

Yael, so sorry to hear that your FIL didn't make it through the heart surgery.

Tam, aren't Declan and Rylee just gorgeous and so grown up now. Sounds like you are well settled into a routine. That is exciting news about the blood test - can't wait to hear.

Julie

Thanks girls re the babies - I think they are pretty cute too.

Well the BT was +ve, have an U/S next week to check that this is not another ectopic. fingers crossed. Can't believe we did it naturally - who would have guessed

Sal Guest

Yay Tam! I figure being able to fall pg naturally is nature's way of apologising for putting you through the wringer previously!

Nice way of looking at it Sal. I like that

Tam, fantastic news. Fingers crossed re. the U/S. I'm sure all will be well now that your body has already been through a successful pregnancy.

Sal, has your Telstra stuff all been resolved now? I guess so, as you're posting. Forgot to say before that I used the Ergo in the hip position and it was great - makes a nice change. I'm going to try out the back position by myself soon.

We are all well here - no news to tell! Hope everyone else is going okay.

cheers, Julie xx

Cor, it is quiet in here.

Sal Guest

Hi there! Yep, quiet in here, like a library...

Telstra stuff all resolved...one operator told us 3 working days for a technician to 'do something', another told us the system updates automatically and would take hours. Luckily, second person was right!

Hey, that's great about the hip position. I have been banned from wearing the ergo (and all slings ) by DH as we had a scare today, I had had some spotting a week ago and it returned today accompanied by lots of cramping, so went and got an u/s done. Upshot is that bub is fine, that my dates were wrong, I am further along than I thought (YAY) and so had the NT scan done today!! Don't know the full risk thingy until my BT results come back (is backwards in the ACT).

No other news here. Oh yes, Miles rolled back to front today! I didn't see it but DH swears it happened. He might have had some assistance from a toy but still!

Dianna, hope BJ is settling down and you are regaining your sanity.

Yael, thinking of you and Rob, hope the funeral went as well as can be expected.

How is everyone else??

hi there girls

i've been extremely busy of late.

We are struggling to find a property and i have hit panic mode a little, yet i am determined not to live in a crap hole.

Brodie - what can i really say?? - nothing new there really - still being a pain in the butt - but he has a cold now so i can't be too horrible (even if i wanted to)

We went to the Paeds today - we are off to have physio on the 29th August - i charmed to girl on the phone so i got a pretty quick appointment, especially as i have somehow landed in the right circle and have managed to hook up with the only Paed in the area to bulk bill and he works out of the public hospital - so atleast i am having some financial relief on that part (it's all covered by Medicare) - God knows we need it....but then again don't we all.

Other than that we discussed a heap of stuff today and he agrees that i need to contact my local clinic for some help - he's very down to earth and so am i, so i just have to cop what he says on the chin - sometimes it's not what i want to hear but it still needs to be said - saying that, he tells me I'm doing a great job with BJ and that I should feel good about myself and not worry so much - he told me he'll worry for me when neccesary - at the moment he thinks BJ is going through a crap phase and we just need to address a couple issues - in particular his laziness and bad attitude - but these things will obvioulsy need to be dealt with over a period of time - but it's good to know that he's not actually worried just helping point us both in the right direction - plus i know he's got a crush on me - so not my type and a bit to crusty around the edges but it's good to have that little bit of power

so at the moment trying to stay positive and away from negativety so that i can keep my head clear - I'm taking each day one at a time and i have discovered a great cask wine (shudder to think - LOL) so hoping the grey sky will clear soon enough - having said that - the sun plays a very big part in my mood and I'm just loving this gorgeous sunny weather lately - it's helped a lot.

sorry for the selfish post - but just wanted to give a quick update.

thanks for all worrying about us - it helps to know that i'm not going insane alone

Tam - yeeha on the + - i cannot believe you and Sal are so gain already - good on you - you and dh make beatiful babies

Sal - time is starting to slip by already - look at your ticker - less than 200 days :eek: be careful and look after yourself OK - give miles a cuddle - he's so freakn cute - i love his pics - and yes i promise i will upload some of Brodie soon

Julie - Hi - thanks for asking about us - give Clarrie a cuddle also

Geez - get the feeling i've had a glass of wine??- LOL - no just trying to stay positive - let's hope i can keep it up

BY THE WAY - LISA ARE YOU OUT THERE??
    ciao

Hay all

Di I am so sorry that you have been having such a bad time. I wish I could come over and give you a little relief.

Sal that's great that you are further along.

Well I have my u/s booked for next Thurs so we will find out more then.

Hope you're taking it easy, Sal. Sending you a big hug - that sort of scare is not nice but so glad to hear that bubs is doing well. Is the NT scan the one that tests for Down's syndrome? I've forgotten them all already.

Di- hope you get that house soon!!!! There must be one out there with your name on it. Keep up the positive thoughts. Easy to say, I know. Fingers crossed that Brodie's cold is a quick one. Glad you got in to see the paed. Are you going to contact your local clinic? What did he mean by Brodie having a bad attitude?

A very windy day here, and now, finally!, some rain. We have had no real rain for August at all! We had to buy some water in. Yuck, tap water. Had a good day outside cleaning up some pots, potting mix, etc, and organising things to plant some more herbs. Clarrie enjoyed the wind!

I had stopped taking my multivitamins a few weeks ago but I'm sure that they make a difference. So I bought some more. And now I just feel a lot better. A lot clearer and positive and less likely to feel stressed. Maybe it's just coincidence....

ciao for now, Julie

thanks girls

Julie - in regards to the "bad attitude" - I labelled Brodie this, not the Paed - the paed just thinks that I need some advice on how to "walk away" and how to train Brodie to understand that I am indeed coming back, i think that is the main issue - brodie panics and doesn't think I'm coming back hence resulting in him going bonkers everytime i leave him for more than 2-5minutes (seriously, it's pretty ridiculous) - he even hates it when i put him on his sheepskin to play with his toys and get up and sit on the couch - NO MUMMY - YOU HAVE TO LAY DOWN ON THE FLOOR NEXT TO ME!! - that's how it feels to me.

But we are going to make it through this phase and yes we are going to get a HOUSE TODAY!!! - power of positive thinkin - fingers crossed something decent get's listed - lol.

Tam - I'm so excited for you - it must be a little surreal....

Akeesha Guest

Hi Guys,

Sorry for my absence lately but Kobi has been unwell. Long story but will give you the short version.

Tuesday I went to see my cousin who just got back from 6 weeks in America. Kobi was fine and went down for a nap in her pram. At 1:30 she woke up a bit grumpy so I tried to feed her. Not interested (last feed was 11:30)
    I knew she wasnt herself due to lack of interest in food and also the fact that she didnt seem to want to hold her head up or move. I said to my cousin "Something isnt right...this isnt her" And with that she threw up everywhere, projectile style. I changed her and she was just totally limp and lifeless. When I changed her I picked her up and she threw up everywhere again. They were massive vomits. Like you or I would do! So I decided at that point to get her to the local emerg dept cos she was totally lifeless and struggling to keep her eyes open and was just vomiting. I waited for over 4 hours and I wasnt even close to getting in. I ended up cracking it and making some calls. I got in to see a great GP (btw at this point it was 7:15pm). He took one look at Kobi and said.."no she isnt right". He wrote a letter and told me to go to Sunshine Hospital. He also called ahead and said I was coming with her. We waited there for 40 minutes and got in to see a doctor. The were not sure if it was a UTI or gastro. We had to take urine. Mind you we had to catch it in a urine cup like what we use!! And midstream at that!!! Took well over an hour cos she was dehydrated at this point. (Thanks to my local hospital allowing her to sit in their waiting room without helping me which allowed her to dehydrate). We ended up being able to get fluids into her (b/m and a bit of cordial) and they sent us home. I was told to come back at 12pm the next day for a follow up and review. I was told I wouldnt really have to wait becuase we were expected patients. Well what a load of crap!!! We waited over 4 hours. Only to get in there to be told.."oh she looks much better" I could have bloody told them that. They wrote a letter for my GP and said to call Friday for further results on the urine. Why the hell did I have to go back??? I should have been given the letter the night before and just been told to go see the GP Friday rather than waste a whole day in hospital again. It wasnt even for anything like the day before. When she was sick I had no issues being there waiting..but when she was well..it just wasnt fair. On either of us. It meant that she was awake all bloody day cos she wouldn't sleep there and was grumpy all day. Bloody idiots. So in good news Kobi is much better. Just a bit clingy and grumpy still. She is also very tired. Last night slept 11 hours straight and today just keeps napping. But as far as vomiting goes..it has all stopped. So we should know more tomorrow hopefully.
    Thats why I havent been here.

And in between all of that I have been organising and making and sending invites for my Mum and Stepdads joint surprise 50th birthday.
    So I have been busy.

Di - Glad to hear you have a positive spin on things atm. Great you have seen a doctor and that you are getting some support. The more positive you become the better Brodie will get I am sure.

Tam - WOW on the pg!!! Congrats to you and DH

Hello to everyone else and sorry if I missed anything. I have just skimmed things and made this post a bit about me..sorry.

Talk to you all soon.

Dianna, hope Brodie gets over this clingy stage soon. Apparently it does happen - they call it 'separation anxiety' I think, and it is when they have developed enough to realise that they are actually separate beings.

Sal Guest

Hi to all! Quickie post again...

Lisa, that sounds scary (and frustrating) re Kobi's illness. So you never found out what it was?

Dianna, YAY on seeing a good paed who's reassured you. And hehehe on him having a crush on you and being crusty (BTW one of my favourite terms is to call someone crusty!).

Julie, yep the NT scan is for Downs. I have to wait to find out what the overall risk is assessed at. But to be honest I'm not worried.

Hi everyone else!

lisa - so sorry to hear that Kobi has been so unwell - hugs to you both - hope she gets better NOW!!

Julie - thanks for the heads up on the "seperation anxiety" topic - I've just done a quick google search on it and it's exactly what we are going through - i can't believe there is a name for it - i just thought he was being clingy becuase i'm all soft and spongey and that I feel nicer than his dad....having said that - it's all about DADDA when he walks in the front the door - suits me to a T

LOL - Sal on the Crusty comment - if you saw him you'd agree - but i like him because there's just no bull and plus i'm a bit of a germaphobe and he where's a mask whenever it comes time to handling BJ - he even wipes his hands and face with alcoholic wipes beforehand - that suits me just fine - i'm always a liitle freaked out by dr's touching other people then touching bj - ironically i wasn't like this before - LOL - the joys and resposibilities of parenthood.

ps i'm ok with dirt - just paranoid about germs from other people

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast