Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2006

hi all

i totally find that luxxe sleeps an extra hour or more if she's in bed with us and then i can just pop a boob in her mouth when she gets hungry.

i really thhink its coz it's warmer in with us.

in the bassinette she wakes up and feels cold.... even with long sleeve jumpsuit under the sleeping bag.

but i've discovered that the magic time of day is bewteen 12.30 - 3pm. she will sleep through anything!!!! so this is when i'm going to have any of my outings etc.

but woe betide if we're not home before 3pm on the dot... screams the car down

any way.....back later... have to feed a baby!

xxx
    L

Good afternoon all!!

Good to hear that we are all in the same boat.. I nodded off feeding Allegra a couple of days ago and thought that I must be the worst mother in the world!!! Now that you have confessed to doing the same, I must say I feel relieved that its not only me who is doing it!!

Thankfully Allegra has been pretty good to date, feeding, eating and sleeping well.. apart from a restless day yesterday. I dread the day she discovers she has lungs and starts up a party.. i dont know how I will cope!

Does anyone else find that their bubs is really fussy taking the breast sometimes and other times its all smooth sailing? Allegra takes my boobie good in one feed and is a royal pain the next.. dirves me crazy! I just express and daddy gives it to her in a bottle to save my sanity.

Laura - I found Allegra was the same with the cold. She was all whingy and then I realised it was because she was cold. We popped her into bed with us and she was happy. Was paranoid about having her in there with us but both John and I were awake so no fear in anything happening to her.

Anyway.. Gotta get a drink. I swear I could drink litres of water in a single sitting!

Akeesha Guest

Hi ladies,

How are we all??

I havent been here much but it seems quiet anyway so I havent missed out hehe.

Nothing much to report here. Had a fairly quiet weekend. Kobi is being ok with her sleeping but I have resigned myself to the fact that i have to follow her lead and not worry about much else. We will work it out in the end. She has been good though. And at night she is getting better. It's more the day she wont sleep that long. But at least when she is awake she is content.

Tyra is at school and enjoying herself. Nothing new there. She had her first assembly this morning and was a bit nervous but only cos she didnt really know what to expect. But she was fine once she realised what it was all about.

So whats new with you guys??

Anything new to share??

Hope everyone is well.

Teena - I hear you on the water. I am guzzling it down all the time. But thats a good thing. It's so good for us so the craving for water is our bodie's way of telling us to be healthy lol.
    Have you noticed being really hungry too? I remember it from Tyra too but this time it's worse I reckon lol. I will be fine one minute but then the next be starving. I am finding myself having at least 2 more meals a day.

Anyway, must away, have shopping to do. Want it done before it's pick up time.

Have a great day all.

i can not get enough of baby milk breathe.

I'm addicted to the smell!

it's like the sweetest most lovely thing ever!!!

and smelling her head.... and kissing her little chubby cheeks!

I"m so all in love at the moment!

even though there is lots of poo.... and I've worn it a couple of times....

went to change nappy the other day and just after I"d cleaned herup and was about to put on the clean nappy she sneezed and shot poo ou all over me!

must be in love as normally that type of behaviour - I frown upon it :smt016

Luxxe hada power spew yesterday.... No-one told me that certain veges make the baby windy and sick!!!!

I had a craving for stir fried chinese cabbage.... had heaps of it with rice.

apparently cabbage is bad for breast feeding.

so now I know.

felt terrible all yesterday becuase she was so not happy and grumbling even in her sleep with upset tummy and burping heaps and just gassy.

poor little thing!

so now I'm just going to eat cake

I might be a giant fatty bomba...... but at least I'llbe a happy one and have a baby with a happy tummy!

as for thirst...... drinking about 2 ltrs of water at least a day too

can not get enough! so thirsty... and hungry!

usually miss breakfast becuase of feeds and sleeps that take up time.

but lunch afternoon snack, before dinner snack, dinner and then a before bed snack are all vital.

trying to eat more fruit and stuff that will make my digestion happy as I've been a bit constipated.

SO loving the Hug-a-bub.

Jillian did you get one?? makes everything so much easier.

she can sleep or cuddle and be content and I can go about doing house stuff or even just on the computer and have 2 hands free.

plus it's easier that the pram.

off to bath this little one!

xxx
    L

I must be the only one turned off food at the moment. I could go happily without it all day. I force myelf to eat because I know bubba needs it but I'm just over food. Hmmmmm

Laura - I keep on sniffing Allegra. Especially when she is milk drunk and pliant, I kiss her all over and she just mews like a little contented kitten.

We just had a little cuddle sleep on my bed. She just lay on my chest as I relaxed with some pillows and watched her. God they are beautiful to watch!

We are up to poo on mummy number 1. Having a bath on Sunday as soon as I took the nappy off, wham. I must be crazy in love too because I just laughed and cooed all over her.

OK - need water, my mouth feels like the sahara.

Akeesha Guest

Hi ladies,

Good to see you.

I have had the poo thing too though its been more of a "I poo so much it fills my pants in one go and I am now leaking onto my mother" lol.
    I have also had a squirter incident which Tyra witnessed and thought it was oh so gross but oh so funny lol.

I have finally had my fix of both soft cheese and soft serve. Yesterday Tyra had a birthday party and I got a large choc sundae. OMG YUMMO!!!
    And today a very piggy me bought (and ate in one sitting) a block of camembert cheese. Those blocks arent big but they are rich and so bad for you lol. I ate it in one go. I had to. I was absolutely hanging for it.

Am sitting here now realxing while Kobi is asleep. I put her down in her bouncer awake but fully fed and wouldnt you know it...she fell asleep after about 10 minutes of her own accord! YIPPEEE!!!!!!
    I am watching crappy tv shows and doing nothing and loving it hehe.
    I have an insane craving for tacos (thought you were only supposed to crave while preggers lol) so am gonna whip them up tonight. Just cant add the spicy sauce. But thats ok..can live without it.

Ok gonna do some more chilling before we wanna wake up and be changed and fed.

tacos sound so delicious!!!!

yummmmmm

we're having minestrone soup... have veges that about to die and thought I'd better do soemthing with them before they go to waste.

I'm also loving my soft serve and Hj's or Macca's thick shakes!!

yum yum yum.

haven't had any soft cheese yet though.

I'm totally hanging out for some really good fresh sushi,

I don't want food hall sushi.... I'm being stuborn and have told DH that eventually we have to go somewhere that makes good sushi,

just ordered 2 more nappies.

this brings the stash up to 12 i think now.... well 12 of the ones that I like and are easy to use and wash..... the other ones are just a pain.

is anyone else doing the cloth nappy thing?

we have disposables for the nappy bag....but everytime we've used them Luxxe gets a nappy rash and it takes days for it to go away.

last disposable was used not weekend just gone but the one before and the rash only went away about 3 days ago.

cloth nappies mean that there HAS to be at least one load of nappies washed everyday..... but it's not that big of a deal really i guess.

Today was my first official DH gone back to work day.

I was a bit worried, but we did ok.

sropped dh to work, came home half fed luxxe, the midwife came over, finished feeding luxxe, gave her a bath, had a nap, watched some tv, did a few loads of washing, now she's down for another nap but my boobs are full and hurting so i'm going to go see if I can't intrest her in another feed.

I've been feeding her from both boobs each feed.... i think i shouldn't do that.... they seem to be producing more milk than she needs... well maybe... don't really know.... but my boobs are huge lately... all the time!

oh well!

was going to try get a walk in today.... but no such luck. oh well maybe tomorrow.

i think it's going to rain anyway.

catchya later!

xxx
    L

Hi everyone,

Just want to let you know that i'm still around.. Unfortunatly DS got oral thrush, and passed it onto me, so now i have terrible thrush on my nipples... They are so swollen, red, cracked, bleeding etc that i'm in agony... Def can't feed off one side, and the other side isn't so great, and is getting used double the time and is fast ending up like the other... DS is so unsettled now because of it, but we went to the dr today, and am now on lots of medication, so hopefully it will get fixed up soon.. And i think i'm getting mastitis on the really sore boob... Got a breast pump, which is helping, but is also sore to express...And the pain from the thrush is so bad.. Need to take painkillers cos the stabbing/burning pain is shocking...

Has anyone else had this?? Any recommendations??

He was such a good baby, eating, having nice play time, and sleeping really well (he used to put himself off to sleep everytime), but since saturday he has been terrible.. not sleeping, needing to be feld, eating all the time... But i guess it conicides with the thrush, so hopefully once it clears up he will go back to normal..

DS also has a big lump (not sure if its a caput or haematoma) next to where his big bruise was from his vacuum, and nobody really noticed the lump cos the bruise was so dominant, but now the bruise is gone but the lumps not going down.. Going back in a week to the dr, and might need to take him to a paediatrician..

He also has a gooey eye which isn't clearing up.. She recomended i tried cleaning it with breastmilk, and if by next week its also not cleared up she'll give me antibiotics for it

Anyway, wish i could write more, but am so exhausted and sore...

Oh, my PIL are flying home (hopefully) on Wednesday.. They are having a nurse fly back with them, and need to have a ambulance pick them up from the airport to take FIL to hospital for monitoring, but at least they will be home!

Anyway, must go, hope you and your babies are all well!

Yael
    Last edited by Yael; May 20th, 2010 at 09:47 PM.

hi all!

jillian - it's been ok without dh around... i feel both more and less productive without him around.

more because i'm doing useful things... he was such a champion when he was home i didn't do anything...he cooked cleaned fetched me drinks of water etc etc....

so now i'm doing more house stuff... but not asmuch as i'd like.

Luxxe has been very sooky today and yesterday and cries if she's not being cuddled.

thank goodness for the HAB. they are good aren't they!

found a very highly recomended paediatrician and have appointment tomorrow.

Luxxe's bellybutton scab still hasn't fallen off and has been bleeding a bit.

midwife said it might be coz in the NICU they tried to get an IV line happening in the umbilical stump and who knows how many times they tried it and there may be scabs underneath that aren't healed yet.

so getting it checked out.

have my first mums and babiies meeting on the 20th feb

looking forward to seeing who else is around with babies...and doing all the classes they have like baby massage and stuff.

well dh is home so we're going to go out for a walk withe the bub and the pups.

hope everyones nipples get better!!!!

xxx
    L

Hi Ladies I hope you and your recent arrivals are all doing really well I was just wondering as I am soon to be a first time mum could you tell me is there anything you bought or were given that you really couldn't have done without and at the same point is there anything you bought which you have since found you really didn't need to buy!?

Thanks in advance bec

Hi Jillian thanks for the info I have bought the infantino baby carrier which is reccomended by the chriopractic association as the best baby carrier for mum's back and as I already have back probs I wasn't gonna risk it plus it was actually cheaper than the hug a bub and the midwife recomened baby bjorn one! Any further suggestions greatly appreciated!

Yael I hear you on the thrush! We used daktarin gel, which cleared up Milo's oral thrush in just over a week. It did give him the runs though, and as it was during the 2 weeks of really hot weather we had in Melb, I stopped the treatment for him early. Didn't want him dehydrating.

My nipple thrush was more severe though, and I ended up 2 treatments of 3x diflucan (1 each day) followed by nilstat tablets.

I had these prescribed at the royal womens. Much cheaper to get it at the hospital pharmacy than at a regular chemist (about 1/3 of the price)

In the end, the prescribed gentian violet, which I didn't use as I thought it was clearing up well. I'm still not sure if its totally gone, but I think so, as I hardly ever get the pain now, and its more itchy between feeds.

Akeesha Guest

Hi Ladies,

How are we all??

Yael - Yeouchies on the thrush. I hope it clears up for you soon.

Becky - I havent got one of those slings but I have heard good things about them. Think I have to look into gettign one.
    One thing I couldnt live without that I have used for both my kids is plainly and simply the bouncer. It is great to put them in when they are sleeping during the day and its easy to pop in the car when you are going out visiting. And lots of those little blankets. Not sure if what I have are muslin wraps as such like Jillian has. They are just thin little blankies but they are great and I use them all the time.

A question about those hug a bub slings. How long do you use them for? As in, how old would bubs be before she grew out of it? Just not sure how worth it is to get one now iykwim. Thanks

Things are good here. Kobi is still a bit up and down sleep wise. Night time is not unusual waking twice to be fed. Thats all normal. Its just the day where every time I put her down I get butterflies in my tummy cos I wodner how long she is going to go down for and how long it will be before I have to get her out again.
    I was getting to a stage where I was feeding her I reckon every hour. But I am going to consciously change that. I am going to give her a good solid feed. I will make sure its a decent feed by waking her up and swapping sides and feeding her plenty and making sure she's had enough. Then trying to hold out and not feed her for at least 2 hours but no more than 4 hours. I just want to see if more food less frequently is better than the total demand principle she is on at the moment. Where she is having less food more frequently.

Tyra is really enjoying school. Hates the thought of being late or the thought of her not going. She is really enjoying it. I still miss her and when I drop her off in the morning I am finding it weird. I still feel a little empty every time I leave her there. I guess that will eventually wear off. Though I know how much she enjoys it and it's just that initial drop off.
    It will be good though when she starts going full days. At the moment she finished daily at 1:30 but in a couple of weeks she will finish at 3. 4.5 hours isnt quite enough lol. I go off and do shopping or whatever and it seems to go so fast. I think that extra couple of hours will make a difference. I can fit a little more into the day.

Hey can anyone here interpret dreams?? I keep having dreams about my DH cheating on me. I have no idea why as thats something he has never done and would never do. He is not that type of person. He hasnt done anything to make me think he has or would so I dont know why I dream it all the time. Its really odd. I have had recurring dreams about it for years and it really ****s me. I think it ****s him too cos he is starting to wonder if I distrust him. I do trust him, it's simply these dreams keep recurring and I cant figure out why. They seem to be getting more frequent too. Any ideas?? ( I know it's way off the parenting topic but sheesh I need to get it out ) Thanks.

Anyway, I am going to head off and lie on the couch for an hour.

Have a great day!

Akeesha Guest

Hey all,

Ok so where can you get those bubba slings then? Is it only via the web or can you buy them in baby shops etc?
    One of those slings would be handy for shopping etc. Rather than carrying her/getting a baby trolley (which are bloody hard to track down!)/or getting out the pram. Might have to invest I think.

Nothing new here today besides the fact that yesterday it was hot and today its bucketing down! Melbourne really does have the oddest weather pattern.

So far the less frequent/more sufficient feeds are working better than the more frequent/ less sufficient feeds. After a nap she tends to be awake for anywhere from 1 to 2 hours but when she goes down it's for at least 3 or 4 hours. And in that time she is awake she gets gradual feeds. What I mean by that is I will give her a good 10-15 mins (or whatever she wants) change her bum, let her have a play and a cuddle and then more food. Usually after an hour or 2 she is asleep again. I am happy to do things that way. Better than her having 20 minute power naps!

Ok what do I cook for dinner tonight?? I am so out of ideas. I cannot be bothered thinking any up either. Its heading towards the end of the week and I am tired and frustrated. Dh is off to footy training AGAIN for the 4th time this week. He is going so often cos he might be changing clubs so he has been training with both to assess it. I am getting very annoyed with this and it WILL be the last week he does it. If he cant make his mind up by the weekend then tough!

Ok should go. Kobi needs a bum change and then some more drinkies.

Hope everyone is doing well and hope to see some more action in here soon.

hi all!

i feel like i've been out of the loop for days!!

we went to the paeditrician yesterday becuase I wanted to get Luxxe's belly buton cord stump checked out. Its been bleeding a bit and the midwife said to get it checked so now we have antibiotic cream to put on it. it's already looking a bit different and like it might fall off soon. has everyone elses baby's cord scab come off?

as for things that I I couldn't do without for the baby...ummmm don't know.

definitely LOVE the hug a bub! I got mine from baby bunting... but only because I have a VIp card adn get 5% discount... otherwise I would get it from BB. but after the drs yesterday I went shopping and it was soooooo easy with Luxxe in the HAB. had 2 hands free and she was very happy and slept pretty much the whole time. PLUS the pram seems to fill up the boot ... with the HAB I just put it on before we leave the house and then put her straight in when I take her out fo the car seat. on the DVD that comes with the HAB it shows you all the different ways to wear the HAB so you can have them facing you, facing out, in a breastfeeding hold, for older babies and toddlers etc. and the other day when we went for a walk DH wore the HAB and carried Luxxe around. we got it in all black so that DH could wear it and not have it look girly

Luxxe slept HEAPS! yesterday. when it's hot she seems to sleep twice as long as usual. and today she's been super hungry. this morning she pretty much fed ( with nappy changes and little naps) for about 4 hours.

Oh the Dr said that I should express off th first 15 mls of breast milk from each breast before she feeds for the next week because she had signs of being lactose intolerant! he could tell this by the smell of her wet nappy and the redness on her bum he said that the first part of the milk has more sugar in it or soemting and reacts in the bowel to create inflammation and then turns her poo and wee acidic which gives her red bottom.don't know how all that works exactly... but I'm doing it....

bought a breast pump.... crikey they're weird inventions!! I've not expressed any milk til yesterday. weird! seems so wasteful to be chucking it out too. oh well. she has had less wind/gas though. so maybe it's working

well that's my whole life story

3 weeks old today! can't beleive it's been 3 weeks already she's jsut getting stronger everyday! finally watched the birth video too. it was just short bits through the labour and then the actual birth. got really emotional watching it. hadn't felt ready to see it but yesterday I found it and thought I'd have a look. there was Sooooooooooo much meconium. it all flowed out after her when she was born. I didn't realise how much there was. also it showed how useless the hospital staff were. I'm still so very grateful to have had my midwifes there with us. I think Luxxe's start in life would have been very different without them.the student midwife that was there tried to get luxxe to breathe b4 they had suctioned all the poo out of her nose and mouth....thankfully oneof my midwifes stopped her and whisked luxxe of and made them get the resus cart and got them to call a code etc.seriously.just a million times over.... so glad for my midwives.

Jillian - I can totally get why you'd be sad about not having more babies.I already want another one.just wondering how soon would be a good time. don't want to wait too long but don't want it to be too soon either. but the snip for Dh can be reversed can't it?ike if you change his mond in the future, but 4 kids is big changes. bigger car forone thing! you'll have to get a people mover!!

right . I'm really going now.

Dh has luxxe.... and Luxxe has this uncanny 6th sense for when I'm in the toilet or eating. the instant I eat or goto the loo she will wake up and start yelling!

ok going.

xxx
    L

Hi mummy's and bubby's.

Feeling really down today. You see yesterday was my birthday and I kind of felt that it ment nothing to everyone around me. Sure I got calls and saw my family but I felt that there was no real happiness about it.. it kind of difficult to explain. DH and my mum were great, I got so much love from them but I guess it was my in-laws who let me down (again) anyway...

Allegra is doing really great on the breast now. We spent a whole day at Dalwood (kind of like Tesillian) to make sure she is feeding well and they were really happy. She put on 130g in 5 days, which they said is not heaps but considering she is only 2.2kgs they said its ok. She is getting EBM tops ups in afternoon and evening too to try and fatten her up a little!

Sleeping had been good so far. She is still a bit sleepy and we have only had one night where she was up for about 3 hours. Other nights she feeds and pretty much goes back to sleep.. gosh I hope she keeps that up! I pretty much always let her self settle, so she seems to be already used to falling asleep on her own as soon as she goes into the bassinet.

On average she is sleeping 3-4 hours but last night she slept just over 5 without waking for a feed. I was going to wake her up but figured she would wake when she was hungry and besides I wouldnt let her sleep much longer than that without food... perhaps she know it was my birthday and I wanted extra sleep?

How gorgeous are our bubbas? When I was feeling down yesterday, I kept looking at her thinking how wonderful life was because she was in it. It like I have been born again simply by her existence in my life. I can certainally understand a mothers instinct towards her child.. I cant imagine life without her.

Hope everyones bubbas are well and healthy.. big cuddles to you all.. you all sound like you are such excellent mums!!

T x

hi

:happybday: Teena!!!

I get what you mean about birthdays!!

mine was on the 14th on Jan and usually i start the countdown to my b'day a few months before and do the ****tails with friends at some great bar and then dinner... or the big family thing when we're in perth...

but this year i pretty much forgot it was my birthday until a few days before.

put a ribbon around the baby and get dressed up and show off the best b'day present ever!

Hi All

Sorry it has been a while. Still trying to settle into a routine. I find it hard to find time for myself these days. Plus I think that they are both going through a growth spurt ATM as all they want is boob.

Both Rylee and Declan are going really well. Declan is now over 8lb and Rylee over 7 lb. So we are very happy with them.

I will try to keep you all up to date a little more often. Sorry I have not read allthe past pages however hope that you are all doing really well!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast