Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2007

Default Babies Born January 2007

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in January 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Astrolady; January 31st, 2007 at 01:29 PM.

Do we just post under this?

Eleanor is a week old tomorrow. She has only gained 10grms since birth but she did lose a little. I have been having trouble with getting her to sleep at night and have been comp feeding and that seems to work.

Hope everyone else is doing well and not having too many sleepless nights.

I'm glad the comp feeds helped. Since i've had to stop bf'ing she has been sleeping much better. I read somewhere that formula takes longer to digest so they feel more full for longer.

Does anyone elses bubba still have a smelly belly button? Georgia's got infected and fell off last week but it's still a bit scabby and crusty. I have been cleaning with cooled boiled, salty water but it doesnt seem, to be getting any better.

How are you and Georgia doing Rachel ?

I've not noticed a smelly belly buttom on Eleanor. Hopefully it starts to get better for you.
    I have stopped the comp feeding for now and have been told by the lactation consultant to stop expressing and just keep putting Eleanor to the boob when ever she wants. It took from 5am till 7am to get her back to sleep this morning and the consultant said it's good i a only getting two unsettled times of the day. Not sure how i am going to cope with the other 2 when DH goes back to work and i am so tired from all this.
    Other than all that Eleanor is just great.

Everything is great here, although she won't sleep during the day! I guess it's good as sge sleeps thriugh the night (ish) but I can't get anything done! She really wants to be aware whats going on and hates being put down.

Her belly button is getting better but still a bit scabby - yuch!

Your other two are so little! You'll be fine though - just let the house work wait!

I had to wake Eleanor to feed her at lunch time as she has been asleep for 5hrs and went straight back to sleep. I hope it doesn't mean that i will be up half the night again.

Sorry to butt in, huge congrat's Michelle!! Glad to hear everything is going good for you.

proud_mum2b Guest

things here are not that great. we went to the doctor to check out lil nicholas jaundice only to find out that he didnt get enough bloodflow during pregnancy, which has resulting in him spewing up constantly after every feed and his organs not developed properly. he also has reflux.

atm i feel so sad he wont take to the breast properly and well i think im going to have to look at formula for him. he just wont latch and when he does he stays for like 5 mins then screams but only plays.

i honestly dont know what to do i hate seeing my lil man so sick and its making me so sad when he crys and i cant find out what is wrong. my mother in law to be doesnt help last night she and shane had a fight and she basically said i was a horrible mum and useless coz i dont know what to do. maybe she is right, i just dont know.

Thanks for the congrats Storm.

Zoe big hug sweetheart. You are not a horrible mum and please don't ever think that.
    If you have to change to formula please don't beat yourself up over it. If ot helps with you son feed properly then that is the best thing to do and a happy baby makes a happy mummy.
    I don't get the spewing after every feed but i get the playing around and only staying on for 5mins at a time. It took 3hrs last night to get Eleanor to settle then 3hrs after she was up again for a hour. DH took her for a hour just to cuddle her to sleep as by midnight i was so tired.
    I'm also thinking of switching to formula not sure if i can last till i see the lactation consultant on Monday.

Rachel how are you today ?

Oh Zoe, please don't feel bad. I also have a MIL that makes comments like that but it's HER problem not yours. She probably has many, many issues that make her say things like that and it is not true. What have the Dr's said about his organs? WIll they mature on their own? My DD (first) had reflux and used to projectile vomit over everything if I wasn't really careful about her not getting too much milk or gagging, coughing etc. In the end I gave her formula but it continued. In the end I swappepd to Lactose free formula and it turns out she was lactose intolerent. It carried on though till I bought a microwave steralizer instead of using milton - I think she was allergic or something.

Please don't feel bad about having to stop breast feeding. I totally understand (see my breast feeding boo hoo). I felt terrible because I couldn't cope with the pain but Georgia is so happy and content on formula. Have you tried talking to a Lactation Consultant though, they can be so helpful.

IGNORE your MIL - what a *****!

We are all good today! We got a tumble drier yesterday which is great as she goes through two ir three bibs per feed! She's a mucky bugger!

Michelle, fingers crossed you can wawit till Monday but I bet your exhausted! It's true what they say - that a happy baby is a happy mummy.

I hope everyone has a better day today!

Last night i gave in and gave Eleanor formula and since then she has slept really well each feed she would only take 20mls but i just couldn't take anymore of it i ended up crying. I love her at the boob and the bond it was giving us but the rest of me was feeling like a zoombie.
    How long did it take for your milk to dry up ?
    I never breast feed the other two.

It took around 4 days and was really painful for about 2. I took an anti-inflamatory (sp?
    ) and it helped a bit. I'm so sorry this has happened to you - I know exactly how you feel. Now I can't feel any milk i'm not as upset and it is so much easier when you're out and about to ff but I would still swap all that if I could bf. You're doing the right thing though, think of how much happier and more settled you'll both be

How are you going Zoe?

proud_mum2b Guest

im taking each day as it comes. im on a special diet now no (fatty foods, no spicy foods, no tomatoes, no dairy)to try and help nicholas. its so hard to see him with bad wind pains and spewing. nicholas has a nappy rash as well now.

em.. Guest

hi ya guys, looks like i am in another group now, although will prob pop in and talk to you guys as well, as we had 9mths together...
    sorry to hear about the prob's zoe, hope all goes better for you soon..

hi to all,
    liz

Zoe i hope the diet change helps you out and Nicholas starts to feed better for you.

I finally got to talk to the CYN today but she won't come and see us till next Wednesday. She wants me to continue with the breast feeding at least until Eleanor has had all her immunisations but i won't continue with it as we got Eleanor weighed today and she's dropped her weight down to 2.7kilos from 3.030 kilos at birth. She's not gained any weight in a week since the last check last week. I think i am doing the right thing by her and myself. I feel a lot calmer and my other two are getting more attention as i don't seem so tired all the time.

I think it's really important to listen to what the professionals have to say but you also have to make it work for your life. They mean well but they are not in your shoes. I'm finding it hard with my other two and they are 4 and 6, and I have my Mum here to help. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you Michelle. Only you can tell what is right for you and your family the LC said to me that anything, even a week is great and the fact they they get the colostrum is most important.

Take care hon and don't doubt your choices, you are a great Mum!

How is everyone doing ?

I now think Eleanor has a little reflux. I think she's trying to catch up on milk and it's making her sick as she's taking more than she was a few days ago. Other than that she is doing okay and sleeping well.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast