Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January 2007

That's great Michelle!

Georgia is doing reaaly well, she still wants to be cuddled all day and won't let me put her down but it's a good excuse to do nothing!

I don't know why but for some reason i'm finding it harder to get up in the night then I was before, maybe the novelty is wearing off!

DS starts school on Mon and I can't wait. Is Kimberly going to Prep next year? Cassie is, her birthday is just after Kimberlys.

Hi Rachel, Is kindy the same as Prep ? Kimberley starts kindy on her birthday and will go two whole days a week and i can't wait LOL

We got Eleanor weighed today and she's gained 80grms since Monday. I find it hard to get up at night also but I've gone back to being a very light sleeper and i wake for any sound.
    That's nice Georgia likes to be cuddled all day.

Eleanor slept from 10pm till 7am. She did stir during the night but didn't wake for a feed. She seems to wake in the evening for 2-3hrs and has about 2 bottles of milk and that is what keeps her going all night.

Oh wow, that's great! Georgia slept last night from 10 till 4.15 and I thought that was good. She's been asleep all day though so i'm not looking forward to tonight!

Went to see The Pursuit of Happyness today, it was great!

How is everyone going ?

We have now swtiched Eleanor to S26 AR formula as she was being sick after each feed and still wanting more so far last night she was just a little sick but was happy and is taking more milk in one feed.
    We had the CYN out yesterday for our first appt and she didn't even weigh Eleanor even after we said she had lost a lot of weight.

hi everyone,i cant beleive i havnt popped in here sooner.
    harry is great,he was born 18th of jan and is 2 weeks old tomorrow,he is a very content baby and sleeps very well,touch wood,i am breast feeding and that is going great.my 8 y.o atrted school today at his new school and was very excited,so was i,he has been driving us all crazy,has been very demanding and naughty.dh also went back to work today,i was crapping myself being home with 4 kids on my own but so far so good.
    harry was born at 6 pound 2 ounces and was weighed a week ago and was 5 pound 11 ounces,so he did drop a bit but is veryu happy so i am not concerned.he has been sleeping in bed with me at night and helps himself to a feed,that way i sleep well,but i want to break that habit as i would hate for it to go on like that for months.also i am so worried i am going to smother him .
    apart from that i am feeling well and have recovered well from the c.section.
    nikki

It's great to see you Nikki.
    So pleased to hear Harry is doing so well. I've been worried how i will look after 3 kids on my own DH goes back to work on Monday but my dad arrives from the UK for 4 weeks today so he'll be able to help a little.

proud_mum2b Guest

sorry ladies ive been missing in action, but we have just got the internet connected into our new place. well nicholas has been on formula for couple of days as im slowly weaning him off due to the fact that i dont want to get mastitis, as he was constantly wanting my breast.

Hope Nicholas does better for you on the formula and that you don't get mastitis. I never had a problem when i stopped breastfeeding Eleanor.

Hi everyone, it;s good to hear Eleanor is getting better Michelle

Hi Nicole and Mum2b - 4 kids...Wow! At least the two eldest would help a bit wouldn't they?

Michelle are you from the UK originally? I'm from Brighton, i've been in Oz for 6 years though so i'm nearly an Ozzie!

Rachel yes we are originally from the UK we have been here nearly 4 years. I'm from Burnham Buckinghamshire.

Cool, do you miss it? Is any of your family here?

None of mine are, my Mum and Dad and Brother and Sister are all over there along with all my Grandparents, cousins etc. I've also got 3 Nephews and a bump on the way so I miss them heaps. I'd never move back though. I went over about 4 months ago and it really makes me appreciate what we have here!

Rachel i have no family here and DH's are in the UK as well other than his nan, aunty, uncle and cousins but they all live in Adelaide.

I have a niece and nephew's that i have never seen. I do miss them all but would only ever go back for a visit but not sure when that will ever happen. I don't miss the life we had and the one i think we would have had. The kids wouldn't have what they have now and i don't think we would have had 3 kids if we stayed in the UK.

Is your DH from the UK as well ?

DH is a Kiwi but he has lived most of his life over here. The only Ozzies are the kids! It was easier though for us to get them English passports than it was to get them Australian ones, even though they were born here!

So your DH is English?

My Mum keeps talking about emmigrating but I think they would have to have something like half a million pounds to do it and they don't want to sell their house in England so that will probably never happen.

How is Eleanor going? I have my first hangover in a year this morning and it's not nice! It was worth it last night though!

woohoo rach.on the booze already hey!!!!!
    good on ya.
    harry was unsettled last night so i ended up giving him some formula after breastfeeding him for nearly 3 hours straight he ended up drinking 40 mls.mmmm hope im producing enough milk for him.......
    nikki

I know, I definatly haven't missed the hangovers! 3 hours wow, how old is he now? Apparently they go through a growth spurt around two weeks, maybe it's that?

Eleanor has been waking every 3 hrs at night also but last night she slept for 6hrs.

racheal,he is 2 weeks old so that might just be it.
    nikki

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast