Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004 #3

Default Babies Born January - December 2004 #3

This thread is for parents who's baby was born from January to December 2004

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    SherieB - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

January to December '04

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Forum Name: Astrolady
    State: South Australia
    Baby's DOB: 5th April, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl boy
    Baby Name(s): Lachlan James
    Baby's Website: http://www.theastroweb.com/lachlan
    Health Concerns: Slight eczema on back of legs
    Notes: Born 12 days early. Only pain relief was pethadine. Weighed 6lb 5oz, length 47cm

Forum Name: Ambah
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 02 May 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name: Aidyn
    Baby's Website: Need to make a new one actually....
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Born 7 days early. Labour was induced due to waters breaking. 8lb 7oz at birth.

Forum Name: Nikki
    Baby's DOB: 12th June 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Mackenzie Rose
    Baby's Website: N/A
    Notes: Emergency c-section, everything else great!
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Forum Name: Christy
    State: Queensland
    Baby's DOB: 17th, June 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Matilda Lee Janssen
    Baby's Website: http://members.optusnet.com.au/janssen97
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) reflux
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) born 17 days late, 20 hours labour, emergency c-section

Forum Name: Kelly2202
    State: Western Australia
    Baby's DOB: 18th June, 2004
    Baby Name(s): Asha Susan Noelene
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kelyanbaby/
    Health Concerns: None at the moment
    Notes: Elective c-section, large age gap, working Mum!

Forum Name: dd
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21st June 2004
    Baby's Name: Shynelle Maree
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Has some allergies but all seem under control as she is growing out of them
    Notes: Born 8lb 5oz, length 50.5cm. An early talker that doesn't know when it's time for quiet but is very cute.

Forum name sherieb
    State; NSW
    DOB; 27 June 2004
    Gender; Girl
    Name; Paige Annette
    Website; no
    Health Concerns: luckily none, thank god
    Notes; Born on her due date weighing 4.32kg (9lb 8.5ozs), 57cm long and 34HC. Paige has Brachydactyly type A1 which is a congenital shortening of the digits (only 2 bones instead of 3) but this is not a problem and her siblings and father have it too.

Forum Name: Kellee
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 12th August, 2004
    Baby Name(s): Charles (Charlie)
    Baby's Website n/a
    Health Concerns: n/a
    Notes: Having sleeping problems, but am on the way to fixing them. Crawling, sitting up on his own, hates solids (so far!) but will keep persevering!

Forum Name: Melinda
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 18 August 2004
    Baby Name(s): Jacob Laurance
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born via emergency caesarean. 8lb 6oz, 51cm long, H/C 35cm

Forum Name: Rose
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 27th August, 2004
    Baby Name(s): Amelia Jane
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/r/roseamelia
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Struggles to eat fruit. Gets constipated easily.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Induced labor.6hrs.

Forum Name: mitch4now - michelle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 2nd Sept 2004
    Baby Name(s): Jessica Brodie Jayde
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jessica4th
    Health Concerns: noticed slight turning of eye, was seen by RCH and they were happy all is fine, will go back early 2006 for check up.
    Notes: Jessica was born 2 days early, totally natural and drug free labour. Is very advanced with walking etc, just wants to upset her mother LOL

Forum Name: Dachlostar
    State: New South Wales
    Baby's DOB: 25th October, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Boy
    Baby Name(s): Yasin Ramadan
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/y/yasin/
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) milk/hormone rash
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.)

Forum Name: melbee70
    State: qld
    Baby's DOB: 11 November 2004
    Gender of Baby: girl
    Baby's Name: Eliana Annestacia
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: eliana was born after an emergency c-section cause she was too big - 11lb 4oz (5.1kg) 57.5cms long - she is doing well & i am now a single parent

Forum Name: Katkins
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 14th November 2004
    Gender of Baby: FEMALE
    Baby's Name: Kaitlyn Isabella
    Baby's Website: See Signiture
    Health Concerns: Did have reflux but clearing
    Notes: Kat has a sister born 28/10/05 "jessica"

Forum Name: *Tegan*
    Baby's DOB: 11 December 2004
    Baby Name(s): Lily May Ellen
    Baby's Stats: 9lb 7oz, 50cms long, head 35cms
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lilymayellen
    Notes: 1 week overdue, induced due to pre-eclampsia, 5 hour labour, vacuum extraction used due to Shoulder Dystocia.

Forum Name: *Jo*
    Baby's DOB: 11 December 2004
    Baby Name(s): Kaleb John
    Notes: Posterior, c/s
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: mel83
    Baby's DOB: 18th December, 2004
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl girl
    Baby Name(s): Julianna Rose
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Meant to be a Jan bub, but came three weeks early
    __________________________________________________ ______

Forum Name: jessica123
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 20 December 2004
    Baby Name(s): Aidan James
    Baby's Stats: 9lb 9oz, 52.5cms long, head 35.5cms
    Health Concerns: None so far
    Notes: 10 days overdue, induced
    __________________________________________________ ______

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread found HERE.

hi girls
    I will be first then I was last in the other thread. Nothing much to say though LOL Hope you all had a lovely day I am about to go to the supermarket to get bread and milk and probably a snack although I am sposed to be not eating after dinner and exercising as well but not really doing mch good at either lol. I am trying to get back to my pre baby weight so need to lose about 8kgs lol would be ok if I had some will power.

ok well hope you all get a chance to visit soon.

mooshie Guest

hi all

wow i know i am slack but i didn't think i was that slack lol - my details are not on the front page, am sure they were there on the other thread boohoo - maybe one of the mods can fix it up thanks.

have been reading but not posting, been playing on my computer heaps and googling all sorts of things when i came across 2 articles i did in regards to jessica, so with the mods approval i posted them, it was hard reading those articles but it all helps in the grieving aspect i guess - i have felt a bit better after reading them again.

not much happening here, lani has now got all her teeth - hooray hooray, and we are on the countdown for her 2nd birthday big boohoo - mitch jessica is coming up for hers to soon wow seems like only yesterday we were anticipating their arrivals.

we have another language explosion here and now the words are starting to form some sort of sentences, favourites at the moment are lani's cheeky, or when she picks up her toy telephone and says hello cheeky lani here - omg so cute. she is also in a habit of pushing people away, eg she pushes her brother away all the time if he is in her path and says away jay away.

still no good on the eating front, but i guess we will get there, today she has had 2 slices of raisin toast, one cheese and bacon roll, half ham sandwich, 3 rice cracker biscuits and about one handful of chicken schniztel, water through the day and one bottle of milk morning and tonight before bed - not bad i hear you say hmmm but notice not one bit of fruit or vegetable - believe me these are offered all day every day and i am so sick of eating or throwing out leftover food that hasn't been touched GRRRR.

snowy i am interested to know why you are not keen on vitamins for children, i started ds on vitamins at the age of around 3 and i believe they have been beneficial for him, however something is telling me lani is to young, even tho gosh she needs something to boost her up, anyway just interested in your thoughts

anyway must go, am listing heaps of stuff on ebay and it is soooooooooooooo slow, put all my old remaining maternity clothes on (trying out a bit of reverse physcology on myself hehehe, i figure i sell them then i will get a bfp this month - what a shame i will have to buy myself new clothes pmsl)

anway hope you are all going well and i will chat to you soon.

*sneaks in*

Hi Girls

I know I keep saying it, but hopefully with a new thread I might be able to keep up hehehe. You girls post such epics !!! (which is good btw)

I have no idea on who has said what rofl. So this is going to be a me post

Lachlan seems to have been really good the last couple of days, he can usually be a little $h!t not sure if it has coincided with cutting his very 1st 2yr old molar which i noticed just under the surface on Friday night, or just good timing LOL. But hopefully I am getting a new and improved Lachlan on my hands. He just seems alot more calmer now and throwing tanties less often. Might all be different again come next week however hahaha.

Not much else going on with him, all seems to be good after his surgey and it is all looking normal again now. Can still see his scar though so hopefully that will fade after time.

Not sure how he is going to go with a baby in the house, that scares us a tad as he is so much more full on than what Kameron ever was, will soon find out in due course no doubt. Getting him into walking to and from playgroup as the baby will have to go into the pram, but will wear the hug a bub for a while as our playgroup room is too small to take prams into as well. So prams are parked outside.

Anyway that is about all on my front. Will try my best to keep up LOL.

Love

HI Michelle Yes I am wishing the bday wasn't around the corner but time keeps rolling. Hope the clothes sell and that BFP appears. Lani and Jess sound very similar in every way except Jess does eat fruit and vegies, albeit a small amount of food over the day. Did you ask the chemist their opinion on vitamins? It may give you another perspective on it.

Kathryn- yay for Lachlan's settling and the teeth, hopeuly he can stay that way. A new bub is always an adjustment I am sure that it will all be ok, I could never leave Joshua in the room alone with Jemma cos he would try to pick her up and stuff, and he was 3 and a half when Jemma arrived. And same with Jemma and Jessica. The bigger kid always thinks they are BIG!! But I am sure he will ove being a big brother.

well flying through as it is gymnastics day and I have to take the big kids to school soon, and then come back and get the other kids ready fro gymnastics. It is go slow mode around here for some reason this morning. jess has a bit of a cold and so does Josh and Jem and I have a bit of a sore throat, so we prob all feel the same.
    Anyway have a good day all

Hey girls.

Michelle, you can give the kids In-Liven if you want a pick me up for her. It is completely safe too. Kelly gives it to Marisa and Elijah and I am going to give some Fast Tract ( a similar product) to Paige because she has been on antibiotics. I'm not a fan of giving them run of the mill vitamins either, but I would give them this.

Paige cut her two bottom molars at the same time, so not sure if that had an effect on her sleeping lately or not, because she was otherwise fine. She seems to be getting over her ear infection too. I have been giving her the antibiotics in her bottles of milk because I just couldn't stand to hold her down and force it into her anymore. Luckily it doesn't make it taste different and she has no idea it is there.

Her speech is coming along really well. She is starting to talk in sentences too now., which is a relief because 4 months ago she was hardly saying any words.

Michelle, I hope you don't all get the dreaded lurgy, we are all just getting over it here. Have fun at Gymnastics.

Kellee Guest

Snowy – wow, that nanny situation sucks. What can you do about inlaws – can’t live with them, would prefer not to do time for shooting them…

Mitch – if you’re still the same weight you were when I met up with you last year I don’t think you need to lose any more! You looked great then. LOL if this is a ‘quiet’ week for you. Do you even know what quiet means? LOL

Mooshie – I know it must be frustrating with Lani not eating much, but I bet she’s not the first (nor will she be the last) kid who is a fussy eater and they all turn out ok, right? One day you’ll look back at this time and it will all seem so far away. Must be a pain though. LOL at selling the maternity clothes – whatever gives you that bfp!

Kathryn – don’t worry, I find it really hard to keep up too! I know I spent a bit more time in the Belly Buddies forum when I was pg, so we understand. Glad that Lachlan is going well and that the teeth don’t give him too much grief. Wow, your pg is really flying by now! It will be so nice to have three boys in the house.

Sherie – Glad to hear that Paige is over her ear infection. Does she get many of them? I’ve heard that some kids get them quite a lot. Bet she sounds gorgeous talking in sentences too.

Not much to report here. We went to playgroup today – only the fourth time. Charlie is still really clingy, which is weird because he never used to be a clingy kid and he certainly isn’t at home. I’m sure it’s perfectly normal though. He does have fun but gets very upset when other kids play with the toys he likes. Should be fun when Toby starts to play with his toys! He’s very clever though – he got a Thomas The Tank Engine Lego Duplo set for his birthday and he worked out how to put the whole track together all by himself. What a good boy. Funny how we get proud over the littlest things…

Anyway, better make hay while the sun shines – or check emails while the babies sleep. Hope you’re all well.

I'm another who has been slack in posting here. I need your help though! I just went to get Lily's first hair cut on Monday and OMG she chucked the biggest tantrum i've ever seen. As soon as we walked in, she tried to escape and run back out the door, like she knew what was going to happen, yet she's never been there before, or to any other hairdresser for that matter. Every single time someone goes near here other than me and Jacob she chucks a huge wobbley at them and hides behind us. It takes her about a day to even get used to them being there and be brave enough to show them a smile. It happens even if she's met these people heaps and heaps of times before(eg. Jacob's mum or my dad) I'm not sure what to do here, it's getting worse though.

Another drama is her touching things that she KNOWS she isnt allowed to touch, because she says 'ah ah' and still touches it, laughing at herself thinking she's hilarious. No matter how many times we say no, move her, move whatever it is(if we can) she will either try grab at it(including climbing up things to get it!) or get into something else she knows is naughty. I just don't know what to do. Everybody says persistance is the key, well it bloody isn't with her! We've been persistant ever since she could crawl and it's just getting worse! She's driving me bonkers and whatever i do she will just scream at your face until she goes purple(quite literally) or just laugh at us. I've tired everything people have suggested, but nothing works! What am i doing wrong here? My little girl is turning into a brat

Hmmm Tegan sounds like she is strong willed lol reminds me of my Jessica. Unfortunately most things they do to get a rise out of you, and how you react says whether she will continue the behaviour or not. Sounds like you guys are doing all the right things though. Obviously she loves the attention she gets when she does things and repeating your UH UH shows that. She has already anticipated your reaction adn she likes it. So maybe you need new tactics. Have you tried changing the activity, like when she goes to do something you don't want her to start something good that may interest her. Say for example if Jess keeps climbing on the bench and I don't want her to, I need to find something else to occupy her, take her into the lounge room and get the blocks going or a video she likes or books or get her doll and pram. Most times kids behave certain ways for attention, once they realise that you aren't going to react the way they like they move onto something else. It is challenging you! Of course you have less energy now which makes it harder for you too. Hope you can settle down some f the behaviours, but it does sound totally normal. How are things going other than Lily, how are the wedding preparations, not long to go now!

Kellee- I have put on a couple of extra kgs since QLD visit lol, just so easy in winter. And you know you are right I don't think I understand QUIET!! lol To be honest I don't think I like quiet, and prob that is why it isn't like that here very often. There is always action LOL Charlie will rob take a while to come out of his shell, I know Jemma took about a term 10 weeks of gymnastics bf she would talk to the gym teachers and join in all the activiities. Some kids take longer to adjust than others. It will be fun when Toby starts to want Charlie's stuff. We have lots of fun with that here pmsl

well have ran the sewing machine solidly today, am starting to prepare myself for xmas stuff, need to start that prob in OCt, so preparing now, organising dsigns and going to sew them out as samples on scrap material. Also I had some jackets I had brought my girls and my niece that I wanted to add pics to so hve just finished the last one, they look great.
    anyway arron is at school tonight and Josh is too sick for swimming so we are home. Josh is going to bed at 7.30pm cos he can't get up in the morning and we are late for school bc of him. Arron had a great idea for me tonight, how bout I make him a letterhead for his pest control business tonight instead of playing games on the puter!!! That man needs his arse footed. Firstly it will take no time at all to make a letterhead, and secondly he has no need to worry about what I choose to do, he does what he wants and I don't questin it, he watches what he wants, if he wants to go to the TAB he does or if he plays games he does. Man that annoys me lOL
    ok enough whinging
    have a lovely night girls

Michelle - Wedding plans are going well. Everything is done except my dress, but that is nearly finished aswell. My dressmaker is coming over tomorrow to do the finishing touches then next Wednesday i'll have my last fitting, just incase my belly decides to grow massively in a week. All very stressful though and i won't be happy until it's over when i know things went right lol.

Tegan, Matilda will do something she knows is naughty and while she is doing it will say "Time Out! Mummy..." and laugh. Its very frustrating.

mooshie - i know how you are feeling with lani not eating much - i can't get eliana to try anything new & it gets so frustrating so she survives on vegemite & cheese! but that's great that lani is talking alot more must be cute seeing her comunicate with jay

astrolady - i hope lachlan has stayed settled down - will he be alright with the baby - im sure kameron will adjust just like the rest of you!

mitch - gee i feel so lazy after i read your posts - hope the girls had fun at gym - at least you got alot of sewing done - i will have to check out your xmas stuff when it's done

sherie - woohoo at paige cutting new teeth & talking in sentences!

tegan - sorry lily is being so naughty for you - dont have any advice though but im hoping she comes good soon - wow your wedding isnt too far away now - would love to see the photos

kellee - is charlie clingy to you when you are holding toby? eliana was waving good bye to me at childcare on our visit day - i thought she'd be clingy with spending so much time with only me - glad he is enjoying playgroup

i cant remember what i posted last but last weekend we went to bris for eliana to go to a 2 year olds party - it was fun & they had a petting zoo though she wasnt too interested as we have most of the animals here so spent her time in the sandpit & climbing up the slippery slide - we stayed the night at her dad's (suprisingly he had cleaned up - lol) monday i looked after my 4 year old niece & 18month old nephew (he never stops) eliana is loving kindermusik & its a work out for me too! im not taking her back to gymbaroo - it was too disorganised & a mum had triplets so the teachers spent time with her other two & werent around to help much - i may as well take eliana to a park - getting a refund is proving to be very hard! we are going to my parents tomorrow (they live in the next street) to make eliana's sheets for childcare then i need to do have a huge cleanup here cause eliana's dad, his mum & her boyfriend & XDP's nephew will be here on saturday (they have been wanting to come for ages but we have been sick & nephew has CF so dont want to pass anything on) well im babbling on & should be putting toys away - have some other news but will wait till next week

Kellee Guest

HEY MEL! That's not fair! We can't hold out that long! Spill!

lol kellee - have to tell family what's happening first!

mooshie Guest

ohhh melbee

are you????? i noticed you posted a question a few weeks ago about something - nudge nudge. come on you can tell us, we are family lol

Oooh Mel, sounds exciting, can you at least give us a hint? LOL.

Tegan, you must be getting excited about it though. I remember I was so nervous but also excited at the same time. During our honeymoon though I kept thinking "holy cr*p, have I done the right thing" it was bizzarre, but all good.

Kellee, Paige's ear is good. She has finished her antibiotics now and she hasn't complained about it at all. This is her first ear infection, but because it was a middle ear infection (Otis media) it can be recurrent in some kids, so I am hoping she isn't one of them.

I had THE WORST NIGHT last night with Paige. She had a fever and I have no idea why. I managed to get some panadol into her without much of a struggle and once that started to work she was fine. Her cold has flared up again from the change in the weather and I was worried she was going to get croup, but she didn't thank goodness. So I ended up sleeping on the lounge because I was up so often and I didn't want to wake DH. I also have to go into town to sell raffle tickets for the P&C and I am so tired. I might be able to have a snooze when we get home.

Hi girls I have been reading but have dissappeared a bit due to lack of sleep & mental capacity

Still no sign of sleeping over here... and I'm not over it. Had a few really good tantrums & mummy melt downs in the last few days but for the first time I'm not blaming myself for it, just recognising that with bad sleep for over 4 weeks you are bound to be cranky.

Mel... don't leave us hanging!!!LOL That sucks that gymbaroo isn't doing the refund thing, can you change days at all? So you aren't there with the triplets?

Sherie I hope Paige is feeling better today! Its been a hard trot with her too lately.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast