Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004

LOL at the Wiggles, Paige loves them. The older two are out of them and now Erin has progressed to Hi 5. Lindsay was taught Paige to add up. Because we taught her to say 2 when asked how old she is, Lindsay has now got her saying 2 when he asks "what's 1 + 1?" and she holds 2 fingers up - it is so cute!

hi girls
    Michelle- seems like you have been MIA for awhile.

I have to lol at the wiggles thing, mine have all loved wiggles, even Jess, but Jess is totally in love with Fifi, shopping on Friday was a constant singin session, and unless we sing with her the only words she fully remembers is "Fifi, Fifi's world" sometimes she gets the "she grows" bit a few times too lol.

well I am going to have a cuppa and look through the linen catalogue and then I am going to go cut some material, hopefully I get to the polar fleece as well and get the blankets cut, cos I have to match satin to them and want an off cut to do that.

Arron has gone to meet some mates, and is having drinks with them tonight, and calling me later to pick him up, lucky me gets to pile the kids in the car and drive 30mins each way. Luckily for him it is only a couple of times a year that he does it. Still it annoys me cos if I go out then I don't have to organise him to pick me up cos I drive. We are having drinks with my friend on the 22nd July and I haev decided I am drinking and he can drive, bout time it got to be my turn, after 13 years of me being the driver 99.9% of the time.

I hope you are all having a super weekend, the weather in Melb is pretty yuck, so probably more likely to be rugged up inside, but that is nice sometimes too

hugs michelle

Hey Sherie posting at the same time, how cute with the adding up. lol My cousins dd loved Hi five but mine just never did, I am glad too cos I don't like them much, the wiggles is my pick lol

Kellee Guest

Mooshie – wow, I thought Charlie was the only one! Although you haven’t filled me with confidence about Hi5 – I HATE THEM and I won’t be ever letting Charlie watch them if I can help it!

Sherie – how cute is page learning to add up to two! That’s adorable. It must be so lovely having the older two to teach her things.

Mitch – yes, sounds like it’s definitely DH’s turn to be driver. I can’t wait until I’ve stopped bf so I can do the same… I have been driver for almost 3 years – the whole pg with Charlie, then bf Charlie, then pg with Toby and now bf with Toby! Bugger. I am looking forward to having a glass of wine, I can tell you! Hope you get you blankets done – how’s the business going?

Well, we had a ripper of a night last night. For some reason, Toby just didn’t want to sleep. We eliminated all possibilities (hungry/nappy/wind) and couldn’t figure out for the life of us what was wrong with him. It was really upsetting because he usually settles so well, and I hated not being able to help him. Consequently we got about 3 hours of broken sleep, and poor Charlie kept being woken up by Toby’s crying, so we were all feeling great today! Oh well… in the end I’m just putting it down to one of those horrible growth spurts they go through. I remember having terrible growing pains as a teenager, and Toby must be going through that kind of pain x 100, so I understand. I just wish there was something I could do to help. We’ve dropped Charlie at Mum’s tonight in case Toby is the same tonight – I didn’t think it was fair for him to go through it to when there was an alternative for him. Toby was really upset still today and screamed for AGES – the only thing I could do was feed him to sleep in our bed, and he’s been asleep on and off since then (so have I, thank goodness, or I would barely be able to type from tiredness!). I’m just waiting for dinner to cook and letting DH have a sleep in there with him. Poor DH – he looked after Charlie all day while I was settling Toby, and didn’t get a sleep himself so I don’t want to wake him. Anyway, might go and start on the never-ending mountain of washing (it’s bigger than Everest at the moment) while all is calm. Have a lovely night, everyone.

Hello!!! Wow reading your posts of your toddlers with a newborn is a bit scary for me LOL.... I guess its all a matter of getting used to things & living through the newborn time.

I've gone & gotten some DVD's & hidden them for Matilda for breastfeeding times. She loves the Wiggles & Hi-5 and Fifi... She's only just started watching TV for more than 2 minutes at a time & now I think I am going to regulate it for during breastfeeding only. So that it becomes something special... so I got some DVD's in the sales & I'll just wait & put them on when I need a rest atm so she gets used to sitting down with Mummy & watching. Mum is picking up some Dora DVD's because she can get 3 for $10 and wanted to get Matilda a "big sister" present & I said get some of those....

ATM I'm going through a really tired phase & have been so cranky with the family... I just want to sleep but its not been possible. Friday arvo we had our first trauma (other than illness) Matilda got hurt & split her head open :shock: DH came running home from the corner shop with her in his arms bleeding & I had to sit DH down because he gets queasy at the site of blood & washed off Matilda's head & then found a gash so I put a frozen washer on her head & put them both in the car & got her looked at. So she's got purple super glue on her head (very funny) & she recovered heaps before DH did. So since then DH has let her do whatever she wants & now we are going to have to start putting the boundaries back up & she's not going to like that at all LMAO.

Kellee you are so sweet, you def didn't offend me! Aidan does seem to catch all the bugs and it has been a little frustrating, esp given he is only in child care 9hrs per week and is such a big bouncing baby boy most of the time! Hope you get some sleep soon!

CHristy poor Matilda, and poor DH! Hope they have both recovered from their trauma. hOPE that you can get Matilda back on track quickly. Sounds like you have all good ideas for the time ahead and you're right, you just do whatever when you have the newborn. Jordan used to watch a video and I would snooze on the couch when Josh was born lol

Kellee- I so hope you all get a good nights sleep tonight and that Toby is bit more settled, I love your thought process on the whole thing. Its not easy having no sleep and very easy to lose it at some stage. I remember telling Jessica to shut the **** up when she was about 6 wks old, I just needed a good nights sleep, and arron took her and fed her, I felt a little guity but I think it is natural to have times when you have had a gutful. So hope you get a nice sleep very soon. Blankets are a little slow atm but my website is slow going as my uncle got a new job and is working long hrs, so him fonding time to work on the shopping cart is hard. I haev heaps of things I could put on to sell if I had the cart but I can't put pics on for some reason and so I am in limbo! it is a bit frustrating.

Hello to everyone else
    went to a linen party today and my house is so messy, thats what happens when you leave DH at home with 4 kids lol
    am very tired now
    will catch up tomorrow

Christy - sorry to hear about Matilda's head. Jack did a similar thing when he was 4 but he had to have stitches and I had to hold him down!!!! The doctor couldn't belive that I could do it ... but after so many operations for grommets and his bad reaction to the anesthetic I was used to it! Purple glue is cool though!!!

Hi to everyone else ... sorry there are no personals but we had such a busy day with Jack's 8th birthday party at bowling ... I think an early night might be in order!

On school holidays though so will be able to come in tomorrow and catch up and do personals!!! LOL now you will want to get rid of me! It's only for two weeks then I am back at work so then you can have 10 weeks of peace and quiet LOL

Cheers

Hope Jack had a lovely bday Kelly! Sounds like a long day LOL I look forward to heaing more from you. Gee our school hols and your s are very different, or is it just because of the commonwealth games this year that they are so different. We had first term of 6 weeks which was ridiculous for the kids and the teachers, I know the teachers feel like they are way behind due to this.

I am trying desperately today to get the house clean, I have a linen party here on thursday arvo and am hoping if I get on top of it today I will be able to keep it tidy till then lol

I am out on Tuesdays so don't get to do much, damn kids are the problem, should send them all away for a holday and then the house will be spotless LOL
    Oh well thats the joys isn't it?

hope you all have a lovely day
    hugs Michelle

jo - hope little freya is sleeping better for you - must be hard when you have kaleb to look after too but im sure she will get the knack of sleeping longer soon!!!

kellee - also hope little toby has settled down - poor little guy - its hard when you dont know what is wrong - lol at charlie & the cone of silence know i shouldnt laugh but its funny that little things bother little ones

mooshie - eliana is another hi5 lover - funny she lani doesnt like the wiggles

sherie - that is too cute that paige can ad up - its amazing what things they pick up quickly

mitch - michelle you're an inspiration with how you fit so much into your days! how is jordan going now that is a big girl? hope you managed to get your place organised - men are so hopeless at realising the mess they make needs to be cleaned up!!! was it jess that was starting to TT? anyway hope all your kids are well & that your business is busy

christy - poor matilda - hope her head wont take long to heal up - lol at DH - men dont cope too well when their littlies are injured/sick - when eliana was sick exdp had no idea what to do with the vomit!!! hopefully your tired phase is letting you have some extra sleep )

kelly - sounds like jack had a great birthday party

ambah - did you have any luck in finding a harness for aidyn?

tegan - hope everything is going well for you & that lily is looking forward to being a big sister

dach - no doubt you boys are keeping you busy!

sorry if i forgot anyone else

we are finally (fingers crossed) over being sick though still both have a bit of a cough & runny noses - eliana is back to normal & had fun chasing the poor chickens yesterday! i really need to sort through all her toys & put them in containers to bring out on alternate weeks but i always find something else to do - lol - there is a strawberry farm next door & you can pick them yourself so might go do that later to get out in the sun

hope everyone is having a great day

Hey girls. Paige has started to want to wear her knickers all the time, which is causing no end of fights between me and her. Most nights I will put her knickers on just before she has a bath, because then it doesn't really matter if she has an accident, but every other time I have to fight with her every nappy change. As soon as the weather warms up I will start letting her wear them more. But I have enough washing to do as it is LOL.

Oh, time for a new thread now girls!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678