Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - December 2004

Hello!!! Sorry I haven't kept up lately... been a tough week. Only on me emotionally... doing the whole "half-way through pregnancy & not ready yet" thing LOL

Kellee... where are you? Matilda & I used to go to a playgroup in Woollongabba that was music based but $5 a time. I used to help run it & hated running it, if it were closer to home we would probably go without running it anymore. It runs from 10am-11.30ish on Thursdays. We used to leave the house at 8am and get home around 12,30 and be pretty miserable, I think if we could go without having to run it we would love it there.

Snowy - Matilda only has 12 teeth at 2! She's cut two of her eye teeth & they have disappeared twice so far, and I think one of her 2 year old molars is coming in before she finishes the front teeth... who knows. At 18 months she only had 6 teeth and in the last 6 months 6 have come through & more are threatening.

Fifi- Matilda loves Fifi!! She walks around the house singing the song "Fifi lalalalala" hehehe she can only sing the Fifi right & then makes up the rest, its very cute.

Kellee I think the worry about DTD would be the sutures.... any friction could cause issues, but usually thats in the first few weeks. I know with the c/s they said just because of the muscles that were cut, and I didn't feel like it.

Hi girls, Aidan and I are recovering from rotavirus - VERY yucky. But it seems we are finally on the mend. Here's hoping as it is bl**dy horrible! Had a very peaceful week off work - Aidan timed getting sick well as I was able to give him lots and lots of Mummy love. Hope everyone is well!

Kellee, good for you for even thinking about these things! I guess you just rely on your body to tell you if anything is 'not quite right' and enjoy as much as you can!

Kellee Guest

Hello all,

Not much happening here. Went to Mum and Dadís for dinner last night Ė we watched some video footage of Charlie from birth until he was about one year old. Itís amazing Ė you just forget all the little things and it made me remember how damn cute he was! He and Toby are actually more similar than I realised. I canít believe Charlie is nearly two! Still wondering what to do for his birthday, even though itís more than a month away yet. Gotta start thinking about the cake tooÖ and the present! Agghh! Oh well, a few weeks to go yet.

Christy Ė sorry youíre feeling a bit down at this stage in the pg. I think it was about this time through mine that I felt a bit the same. It will pass, I promise. I reckon 9 months is just the perfect length of time. Any shorter and we wouldnít have our **** sorted out, and any longer and weíd never want to do it again! I canít remember Ė do you know what youíre having? Thanks for the tip on the playgroup tooÖ sounds great, but itís a bit far away from me. Matilda sounds so cute singing Fifi too! Charlieís too proud for anything like that!

Jessica Ė you poor things! It seems like Aidan has been crook a lot this year, poor little chook. Hope youíre both feeling better soon Ė at least you got to spend some time with him, which is something, I suppose.

Anyway, I hear a small boy who wonít settle! (The extra small one, that is.) Hope youíre all having a lovely Monday.

hey everyone

Christy- Jessica sings the Fifi song too, when it's on she sings aong, but when she sings alone she basically sings Fifi's world over and over it is gorgeous.

Kellee- I had stitches with Jordan and it was 6 wks when we dtd, no stiches with Josh and it was 3wks. Sounds like ti will be lovely around your place with DH home, thats so great. And also sounds like things are settling down.

Jo- good to hear things are great at your place too, and everyone is settling

Jess- glad you are feeling better and Aidan too.

Sherie- I will check out the ABC shop I think for Bday and xmas pressies.

well our event is my biggest girl got her period.....I am so sad and happy sort of too, but it really does mean she is growing up fast. She is 11, 12 in Sept. See what you all have to look forward to?

Arron came home and asked what I have been doing all day, I wanted to whack him one. He is tried and grumpy and I am going to have to listen to him whinge all night now. LOL I told him he should go to bed early lol
    hugs to everyone else
    michelle

Kellee, it def feels like Aidan is always sick. Hmm maybe I should have b/f longer??!! Who knows, it makes me feel like I'm to blame in some way? He is in child care but only 3 hrs 3 days a week! Maybe the place he goes to is dirty? It seems good, I wouldn't go if it wasn't. Hmmm....

Michelle, argh men!! Who needs em!!

Michelle ... thanks for that ... like I need reminding! I really hope Jordan is coping with it all okay. I really think I should sit down with Em and have that talk ... so sad I know but have to make the time to do it before she comes home and thinks she is dying!!! She will be 11 in December!

Cheers

Hi Girls

I am here just lmao. I have no idea what anyone has said just skimmed the last couple of pages.

We are all doing well, most of you would know by now that we are having another baby boy !! There definitely will be no trying for a girl, as i do not want 4. I am trying to get my head around having 3 lmao. Pregnancy wise things are going along pretty smoothly.

Lachlan has had ear infection upon ear infection and then got Gastro as well, so we haven't had a fun couple of weeks. Andrew also got the gastro bug. We think they may have got in while waiting for an hour to see the doctor monday week ago. Thankfully both Kameron and I manage to escape it. I did have the runs for 12 hours a few days prior to them getting it, but I was nothing like they both were.

Not really much else to report on the Lachlan front. Kameron's kindy year is nearly half over. where does the time go. Rang his school that he will be attending yesterday to get him enrolled, but they are not doing 2007 enrollments just yet, so they took details etc and will ring when they are.

Anyway must get the rubbish bins etc out and find some warmer clothes to put on. It is bloody freezing lmao.

Love

sorry girls just another quick post as eliana is sick
    started out as a bad cough then vomitting & now the runs - great fun! took her to the dr yesterday & he gave her antibiotics for a chest infection so im hoping things clear up soon - im running out of clothes & towels!!!
    if i get online tonight ill do personals

hmm Melissa sounds just like what Aidan had and it def wasn't a chest infection. Hope the antibiotics help but keep in mind it could be a gastro bug so just make sure she has LOTS of water and maybe some hydralyte icy poles or the drink? Aidan loved the icy poles!

It is definately gastro season...not fun! Mel, Matilda has reacted to antibiotics before with vomitting & diarrhoea & the GP put her on a different one & she was heaps better, maybe let the GP know. I get gastro symptoms with some antibiotics too, but sometimes the antibiotics are worth more than the gastro

Jessica, Matilda was sick heaps her first 12 months in day care. We swapped to family day care & she hasn't been as sick this year. We started her in care for 4 hours once a week for a few months and then twice a week & found she had ear infections and tonsilitis heaps. This year the day cares in our area have had huge outbreaks of rotavirus and sometimes there isn't much they can do to contain it if people send their children to care with the illness in the contagious stage (which is hard to figure out too). Its hard feeling like you are doing something wrong and your baby is sick all the time. I actually stopped working for a month to get her immune system a chance to recover and then she went into a family day care house and she hasn't had an ear infection or tonsilitis since! ETA...I also just bought some immune system boost called "Child care boost" from the chemist for 2 yr old and up to help. It has small doses of echinecia(sp?), zinc and vitamen C to help them combat all the illness' they find in day care.

Well... having said all that LOL we went & picked up our new car last night. Its not brand new, its a 2002 Toyota Corolla Ascent Wagon. But at least its red I've always said I'm not getting a wagon, I was putting my foot down, but in the end practicality won.

That's great news Theresa. It must be making a huge difference to Em to be able to eat. Not to mention what it would be doing for your peace of mind either.

I was fully prepared for Lindsay to be bringing home heaps of lurgies this winter now he is at school, but touch wood they haven't been sick yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed big time LOL.

Jessica - I found Aidyn was getting sick ALL the time earlier this year... basically for the first 4 months after starting daycare (and the beginning of winter).
    He has been much better lately though, so I'm pretty sure that his immune system has built up to it. I hope Aidan is the same and stops getting sick soon...

Christy - WOOOHOOO on the new car! How exciting

Theresa - good news that Emma is eating again now.

Mel - I hope Eliana is better soon.

Kat - I hope Lachlan recovers quickly from this too...

Aidyn has an appt to see the allergist on August 31... I just really want to know for once and for all what he is actually allergic to. So far it seems peanuts and fish... I hope its something that he can grow out of... especially the fish allergy.

I'm off to brave the Kmart toy sale this morning to get a Thomas train set for Aidyn... not looking forward to the crowds of narky people though!! *shudder* (although I am just as bad as the rest.... )

another quick post to let you know we are still alive - i know have a cold so much fun here atm - eliana still has the runs which i think christy is right with it being from the antibiotics - she isnt eating much but today is at least moving around more - ive been giving her pedialyte to drink & that seems to work well - i just want to fast forward to next week cause being sick & having a sick toddler isnt fun by yourself
    hope everyone else is doing well
    ps ambah - love aidyn's photo

Hey girls
    hugs to all those who are sick, not fair is what I day.

And I join the club of those who had kids get sick corresponding with childcare. Josh was so sick bt 1 and 18mths that he lost weight, had pnuemonia, hand foot and mouth and so many other things on top. They come in contact with so much in a confined place what do we expect, and no one should feel guilty, they have to come up against it at some stage. Jemma on the other hand has never been in care cos I am home, and had her first lot of antibiotics a couple of months ago, after she was 3. Jess has had only one lot cos she was crook with ear/chest infection. They do pick things up from siblings and family members too.

Christy- yay at the car
    Ambah- hope you got the train set, i am going to pop my head in kmart tomorrow but I actually don't think there is anything I want
    Theresa- such good news about Em, hope she keeps going
    Kelly- sorry to break that news. I talked to Jordan when she was 10, I didn't want that to happen to her either. Next I have to tell her about sex AAARGH!!!!
    Jess- hopefully Aidyn builds his immune system soon and there are no more infections. Don't fel bad it is totally unavoidable.
    Kathryn- congrats on your little boy, now that will make it hard picking another boy name, we had that problem with Jessica, not many more names we liked.

Anyay best get moving
    did the groceries this morning, so poor now $325 for a fortnight. was sposed to go out for lunch but my gf cancelled, lucky really due to lack of funds lol
    Am going to pick up Joshuas bday pres tomorrow, 7 sleeps till he is 7 lol. ave a house to tidy, wpould have had heaps more done but had to rearrange my pantry as it was totally unusable after Arron set it up, couldn't find anything, he didn't even put all the cannisters together and so now I have brought heaps of things I didn't need lol, but realised I do need more cannisters LOL, better have another tupperware party maybe in October
    anyway have a good day
    hi to anybody I missed
    michelle

Theresa, I had H F & M! It was almost as painful as childbirth!!

Thinking of all those dealing with illness out there! Kaleb is yet to go to daycare, but even from the first couple of times at playgroup he would automatically come down with something exactly 48 hrs later!

Ambah, how'd you go at KMart? I have been flicking through the catalogue but still can't drive, so might get DH to take me on the weekend, not that there'll be anything left...oh well, Target sale next week!

Suffering from severe lack of sleep here. Freya is only sleeping for 1 1/2 hrs at a time, so even if I get 6hrs at night, it feels like nothing when broken up like that. Sleeping in the day is good in theory, but I am yet to have both Kaleb and Freya asleep at the same time. I feel terrible for Kaleb, life is pretty boring for him atm, hard to entertain a toddler when a newborn takes up so much time.

Kellee, re: the playgroup thing...I am keen to find another good one too, am worried about the idea of chasing after Kaleb with Freya though. Not sure if you live anywhere near me, but I will keep an eye out.

Kellee Guest

Hello everyone,

Havenít been on for a while because DH has been home and heís been hogging the computer, but I hope youíre all doing well. Iím staying at Mum and Dadís tonight with Toby so that DH and Charlie get some time alone together. Their computer is so slow, so I might get frustrated with it halfway through the post and give up, but Iíll give it a goÖ

Mitch Ė wow at DD getting her period. How did she react? I remember that my Mum wasnít home the day I got mine and I totally freaked out. Itís such a big thing for them, isnít it?

Jessica Ė Iím so sorry if I offended you when I mentioned about Aidan being sick. I didnít mean to imply that it was in any way your fault Ė Iím really sorry if it came across that way. Some kids are just like that, or they go through phases. My brother was unwell quite often as a child, while I seemed to have a stronger immune system for some reason. Iím really sorry Ė Iím worried that I made you cross. I hope heís feeling better soon.

Kathryn Ė congratulations on your blue bundle! How wonderful for you guys. I bet the boys will all be great friends as they grow up. Sorry to hear that youíve been sick too Ė there are all kinds of nasties going around at the moment.

Mel Ė poor Eliana sick too! This really is the time of year for it. It hasnít hit our house yet, touch wood. Hope she feels better soon.

Christy Ė yay for the new car! Thatís exciting. I know that having a station wagon is a bit Ďfamilyí (we have one too!), but they are so good when youíve got two kids, pram, toys, etc. Red is good too (like ours) Ė just like the Big Red Car!

Theresa Ė glad to hear that youíve found a GP that youíre happy with. It makes all the difference. Itís good that Emma is eating well too.

Sherie Ė fingers crossed the illnesses stay far far away from your house!

Ambah Ė cool! A Thomas train set! Thatís awesome. I canít wait until the boys are both old enough to play with trains and Ďrealí LegoÖ our house will be overrun with stuff and it will be excellent. Iím just a big kid at heart and Iíll take any excuse to play with cool toys! Hope the appt with the allergist goes well too. How severe are Aidynís allergies to fish and peanuts?

Jo Ė I feel your pain! The poor No. 1s must be bored out of their minds. Oh well, it will all be worth it in a few months when they have their own personal playthings to play with! I live on the Northside Ė would love to hear about any cool playgroups. Iím a bit nervous about it, but I think Charlie is in need of some little friends. Heís a bit too scared of other kids atm, and Iím worried about that. Hope you get some more sleep soon too. At least, being the second time around, you know that this phase is only temporary. Hereís sending some sleeping fairies to help your little girl!

Hello to everyone else too. Hope your bubs are behaving for you.

Not much happening at my house at the moment. Iím trying to make sure I go for a walk everyday Ė for Charlieís benefit as much as mine. Itís hard to keep him occupied when Iím looking after Toby all day, so at least if we get out the park for half an hour itís a change of scenery for him. Mum and Dad own a building supply business about 2 kms away from us so we often walk down there to visit them too. There are lots of trucks there and a forklift, so Charlie just loves it Ė Dad usually takes him for a drive around the shed on the forklift and he goes nuts! Itís very cute. Heís turning into a very particular little guy Ė heís very sensitive. He must be the only kid in Australia who is afraid of The Wiggles. He used to only be afraid of the ďWhereís Jeff?Ē segment (they put a ĎCone of Silenceí on one of the Wigglesí heads until they guess where Jeff is, and he really hates that), but now heís scared of the whole show for some reason. He knows that it comes on after Play School, so as soon as itís finished he rushes up to the tv and points to the off button with a terrified look on his face. A couple of times he forgot and The Wiggles theme song came on and he was so frightened. Itís all a bit weird (and a little bit funny too, I have to admit). I hope he grows out of this phase soon, but something tells me itís just part of his personality. Wonder how heíll go when he gets to school? Could be a bit worrying.

Anyway, time for bed. How much do you want to bet that as soon as I fall asleep Toby will wake up? * sigh * Have a lovely weekend, everyone.

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

i will be back later with personals just wanted to say kellee charlie is not the only kid in australia who hates or is scared of the wiggles - lani will have absolutely not a bar of them pmsl - she runs a mile when they come on yelling no no no NO WIGGIE tis very cute, but frustrating as we have i reckon every wiggles video available (ds and dd#1 were big fans - and i must admit dancing to the wiggles is great a great work out lol) however lani just adores hi-5 go figure my other 2 were just no way into hi-5, she has one dvd which she watches over and over and over again, she will be getting more for her birthday tho, and her little friend adores the wiggles so she got all the wiggles tapes last night.

anyway i need to go - gotta alot to do, bbl to do personals hopefully lol

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast