Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2004

dd - Paige is exactly like the daughter of the guy you work with.

Christy - Can just picture you jumping out of the way!

Michelle - Not worried about the spider because Hunstmans just stay up on the wall. I've never seen them on the floor or anything (I hope they stay up there!).

Sherie- are you Sure? I have seen them jump and run and ...YUCK!!!!. must admit they creep me out more than some others, maybe equal to white tails.

Hello girls!!

Things are going well on this end of things... Matilda was up last night from 2am-3.30am with no apparent problems (we tried giving her some milk & changing her nappy) but she was up & cranky. Then woke up this morning perfectly happy I've been really tired for a while & am now trying some herbs from the natropath to get some energy going. Maybe a week of sleep would be better LOL

Hi guys,

Christy, I'm with you on the sleep and not just cause I'm pg. Shynelle has been waking up during the night and telling me she's scared! Yesterday we had a really big family outing and she didn't have her daytime sleep and was soooooo cranky when we got home she just wanted me next to her it took me about an extra hour to get her to finally go down and then she woke up about 1:30 and 4 AAARRRGGGGHHHHH - I'm exhausted today and at work!

Hope everyone else is good....

xxdd

Sorry about the mega posts guys - BB hiccuped on me when I was trying to send my first and didn't look like it went through - but clearly it did 3 times - DOH!

Mitch - I eat my words!!! Paiges spider dissapeared for a week and he came back the other night but I nearly trod on the bl**dy thing! :shock: He wouldn't get back up on the wall either so I sucked him up with the vacuum or otherwise Paige would have tried to touch it.

DD - How is the m/s going? There is nothing worse that feeling tired and [email protected] and the kids don't want to sleep or they keep waking up ](*,) I hope she settles down for you again soon so you can :sleeping:

Christy - I'll have some of those herbs too if you don't mind *LOL* some days I'm just worn out and sooo tired. I about give my right arm for some extra sleep these days.

PMSL Sherie- now I will be able to sleep at night cos I was picturing that big furry spider deciding to jump into bed with Paige !!!YUCK!

Hope all you girls are cruising along. Most must be in 2nd tri now, which would be a relief.

DD- hi, hope you feel better and are getting soe rest.

Cheers michelle

Hello girls...well I've been taking some of the herbs but I haven't done the B's yet that I'm supposed to be taking, so I think I'll have a go at those as well. BUT Matilda decided last night to sleep through :shock: YAY! Its been cooler the last two nights, so maybe thats why :-k

Hi all,

Well I have been feeling a little better as this week has gone on just having moments of m/s rather than constant which is a huge relief although I have now been getting headaches which isn't nice....but at least I am able to cope with it!

Shynelle has slept through the last two night in a row also (YAY!!!!) so perhaps that's got something to do with me feeling better hmmm.....

She is growing up so fast though it's scary she seems to know what everything is - that's not always a good thing - the other night she fell over and bumped her knee as she was getting up she said "oh mummy bump knee....F$#K" I couldn't believe what I was hearing and said to her "Sorry honey, what did you say?" and she gladly repeated her sentence with the "F Bomb" once she was asleep I had a go at Lee for swearing around her and told him I've told you time and again that you can no longer just go around swearing cause now it's too late she's picked it up he was ofcourse sorry and asked if Shynelle used the word in the correct context so I describe what happened and DH says so she bumped her knee and then dropped the F Bomb I said yeah. He looked at me funny and said "Got news for you I'm not the one that bumps into everything you are....Sweetie" Hmmmm......I said I can't remember doing that I wouldn't have said it he then happily said "hmmm....think ya did cause she picked it up somewhere and she does like copying mummy - including now her potty mouth...."

I can't believe it I do remember walking into the door last week but can't remember saying anything but I think he's right cause that's kind of what she did...little bugger - it was very funny but my how careful you have to be thank goodness it didn't happen at day care - yeesh....

Hey, Michelle I have lost your number so when you get a chance give me a call.

Hope you're lovelies are all doing well....
    xxdd

DD - I'm still laughing about the F Bomb. It is so hard not to laugh when they do that for the first time - especially when they do use it in the right context. I'm surprised my kids don't come out with more considering how much time they spend with their grandfather in the sheepyards. ATM I'm having difficulty dealing with Lindsay using 'What the...' in the right context - he's like a mini Rove McManus. Also I usually say 'poobear' when I do someting wrong and the other day Erin asked my why do I say 'poobear', well I could hardly say, 'well its better than saying sh$t' so I just said that Mummy says silly things sometimes and not to worry about it.

Glad you girls are getting some sleep, touch wood Paige hasn't had a rough night for awhile, but yesterday I noticed that she has a tooth bud for her upper eye tooth - so I am predicting fun and games ahead.

Bugga I am sure I posted in here since the poo thing.....Ah well

We have to take Lachlan to the GP tomorrow. When he was born he had a Hydrocele. A Hydrocele is A painless swelling of the scrotum caused by a collection of fluid around the testicle.... anyway last couple of weeks I have thought that his testicles didn't look right and were looking a bit bruised, but cause i want to get a nappy change done fast I don't really pay much attention.

Anyway today I caught him trying to sit on our big toilet, so I introduced the potty to him and let him go without a nappy for a little bit. I was sitting on the floor and he was standing up next to me checking the potty out and I noticed that his right testicle is really swollen and definitely brusied looking compared to his left. Basically what it looked like when he had a Hydrocele as a baby.

We got it checked out by a paeditrican when he was a baby and was told in the majority of cases it heals itself but if it was still like it at 18mths old they would have to operate. It did come good a few months later and by the age of 1 you would never have known. But now it is all swollen etc again, and we are a bit worried that if it is a hydrocele we might have to do the surgery road eek.... but will find out more tomorrow.

Poor little thing

Love

Kathryn - Is this something that can be fixed with no further problems? I hope so. Good luck with with the Doctor.

Oh Kathryn, hope everything goes well at the dr's.
    xxdd

Kathryn I hope all goes well with poor Lachlan. Surgery is def not a good option, hope it isn't necessary.

dd- I will PM you my number. My mobile number was in your mobile too, did you lose that? By the way PMSL at the f word!!! Jess says **** at just the right moments and I know it's my fault.

Well girls you are pretty quiet in here. I am guessing Kely has been flat out working.

Sherie how's Paige going and did your spider come back or did you fix him up?

Jess is a busy busy girl, done wees on the toilet a couple of weeks ago, just once, but she occcasionally asks me to put her on, prob is she mainly does nothing so I am not really encouraging it atm. SHe is only 18 mths so I am not worrying about it really. SHe is however climbing out of her bed in the day, and so as she can't get out of her room she is sleeping on the floor of her room, which is not as comfy as the cot, and so she doen't sleep very long. SHe stays in at night, so I am not going to organise a bed till we have night sleeping problems cos I know she won't stay in her bed if we get one now. She also climbs on the bench vis the tall stools, on the dining table, on the pool table and anything else which is high enough to fall from. THe other day she drank the dirty dishwater, hile I was cleaning Jemma's room. I walked into the kitchen to see her kneeling on the bench beside the sink scooping water into a cup and drinking it. I am trying to convince her to be a "good girl" is a good thing because she does so many naughty thiongs,like throwing all the magnets off the fridge onto the floor. AARGH! WHy did I buy them???

Anyway Hope you are all well
    Michelle

Michelle - Way to go on Jess using the toilet! ATM Paige doesn't like wearing nappie and will get Lindsay's undies and put them on. She wont have a bar of wearing Erin's pants, she just wants Lindsays!

There are no more spiders either *LOL*

Kathryn - How did Lachlan go?

Hi all,

Haven't been in here for awhile, Kathryn how did Lochlan go?

Well, we've had a hell of a time in my house Shynelle had gastro over the weekend and her eyes started rolling back and stuff it was frightening! Ended up in the children's until 5am and then she bounced like there was nothing wrong and I felt like I was hung over without the fun - not good for pg mum!

I took the next day off work to keep her home one more day and had a Dr's appoint. at the appoint he decided to check her sugar levels cause she was drinking heaps and stumbling in there and her sugar registered too high so back off to the childrens we went all day Monday and half of Tuesday I missed my OB appt.

Anyway, to cut a long story short she's fine but has to be monitored over the next three months they don't really know why her sugar came back high twice perhaps something sweet on her hands (I don't know what she hardly ate!) but anyway, I feel in my heart that she's fine and if anything changes over the next three months they're expecting her but they thought they poked and proded her enough for now to be comfortable to let her go for awhile. She was sooooo brave she didn't even flinch when they took blood or even at the finger *****s. Although, after about a couple of finger *****s she knew what was happening and kept tucking her hands under her armpits they had to ask her nicely (even with a "Please") to get her to give them a hand and then she demanded the band-aid and exclaimed "Look that my BLLLOOODD!" They have really good volunteers at the RCH's in Melb and they gave her a knitted doll to which she then asks for a book as well (they got it for her) I guess she's learning you don't ask you don't get - LOL!!

Hope you're all well.
    xxdd

DD, I'm sure Shynelle will be just fine. My Mum is a diabetic and we would much around with her little tester to see how high we could get our blood sugar. Even if we touched something sweet it would register on it.

Paige is starting to speak!!!!! It is only a few words, but is it better than nothing. She is starting to mumble along to the Wiggles now too.

OH WOW! That's great Sherie - good on Paige!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast