Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2004

Hi everyone,

Well we've been very busy here Shynelle decided on Sunday that she didn't want her nappy anymore and told me she wants undies like mummy. I told her if she did she'd have to use the toilet and well SHE DID!!!!! She's been using it ever since and we've had a couple of accidents but she absolutely hates it when she does and cries for me to fix it. So it's all happening - I can't believe it. It was so easy, at her day care they said she wouldn't even let them put a nappy on her for her sleep and then when she woke up she told them she had to go toilet and she did. She is doing no1's and no.2's in the toilet!

Anyway, just wanted to tell you all my very exciting news.

Hope everyone else is well.
    Love to all.
    xxdd

DD I am so jealous. I would love for Asha to get the hang of it ... but then I guess I don't really want her to grow up so fast! LOL can't win.

Better go ... almost Asha's bed time.

Cheers

Hey girls - my optimism was alittle premature - Shynelle refuses to put a nappy back on and even gathered all the ones I have left and put them on DH's side of the bed and said "Daddy have Nels nappies - me no want them they yuck!" but is also alittle scared of the loo for some reason now she will always tell me when she needs to go but is holding on for ages and has constipated herself abit and even with her wee I think she's almost in pain from holding on. I've spoken with the day care and they think she's way ready but will have some accidents still for a while until she learns that it's ok to let it go. I have wanted to give it up by putting nappies back on but as you can see she won't wear them anymore cause "Nel wears undies like mummy not stinky nappies". I haven't been able to get a nappy back on since Sunday but can't quite get Shynelle to understand that going to the toilet is ok and she doesn't have to hold on.......

I'm told this can also be normal behavour when newly toilet training? Any advice from mums been there before?

xxdd

Hey DD, Lindsay had this incredible fear of doing a poo in the toilet and would hold on for ages until he got constipated. It wasn't until he did his first one that he must of thought, well it's ok IYKWIM? And them having accidents is normal too. Lindsay rarely had them because he was a lot older, but Erin had a few accidents along the way. It is all about having patience in the truck load LOL. They do get the hang of it trust me Paige is nowhere near to that stage though, so Shynelle and Asha are going great guns.

So what are you girls getting your little girls for their birthdays? I have ordered Paige a talking Peppa Pig from the ABC online shop, but it wont get here till after her birthday (on backorder). I also got her a Little Tikes Jumpin n Jivin musical mat that they can dance on and it plays music.

DD just a thought is there something that they can have in the toilet to play with while they are in there, just might make it a bit more of a friendly place iywkim.

Love

Matilda still just loves playing on the toilet, she strips off and runs to the loo and sits & sings on the toilet. When she finishes her song she says "YAY" and wipes & jumps off. She doesn't do anything in the toilet but play. So we let her have a few plays a day & put her nappy on in the meantime.... thank goodness we can still use the nappies, I don't think I'm mentally ready for the whole TT thing yet.

We got Matilda a doll capsule with a doll and a stroller for the doll for her birthday. Also an outfit. So cute....

Ummm went OTT for Asha'a birthday ... well not really as I am buyign for others who aren't able to.

Asha is getting a new Dora the Explorer bike, a Dora hat, a talking Dora doll, a Dora blanket, a Dora bike helmet, jigsaw puzzles, Duplo, a Talking BackPack. In case you hadn't worked it out LOL ... Asha is a Dora nut!!!

Cheers

Mum is getting Paige a Dora scooter from Target. It was $50 and it has two wheels at the back so it stays upright. She tries to ride LIndsay's two wheel one but can't balance and then she gets the poo's LOL.

Hi Everyone

The moderating/Admin team have decided that the time has come to merge this thread the with July-Dec 2004 thread. There is only a handful of active users in each thread and it is easier Admin wise if it can go to together, both threads move reasonably slowly so we didn't think this would be a problem, and we will all have some new ppl to chat too

Love

Your new thread can now be found HERE

Love

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567