Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #11

Tom slept through again last night. He seems to be back on track although his third tooth is still cutting. I can't believe he will have 3 teeth before Jack even had 1. Jack isn't too bad now, chewing on everything and a bit dribbly, but not very grizzly. He is getting 2 eye teeth and 2 2yo molars. Yes Dee, I did see this coming! I hope Adrian's settle soon for you (and him).

Belinda, I posted in the Oct group, but I'll say it here too. Have a great trip!

Wow at all the Cars fans. Jack loves Thomas the Tank Engine (so we have Thomas the Tank and Thomas the little brother)! Jack got a few different Thomas cards and he loves them as much as the presents.

MIL has asked if she and FIL can take Jack down the Gold Coast to visit friends one day next week or the week after. Neither DH or I are sure if we should say yes. I might just be too overprotective, but I would worry about him the whole time. What do you think? Would you say yes? MIL says she understands if I say no but I think she would still be upset.

Thanks Melanie

And i guess they bought up your DH ok then i dont see a problem with it, hard to let them go out there though i know

Belinda - Have a fantastic time in Sydney.

Melanie - It`s a hard situation, my Dad often takes Matthew out and has done since he was about 12 months but it`s only a maximum of 2 hours, do I worry yes, especially when it first started but now I don`t worry as much. Now if it was my MIL, I wouldn`t let her, mainly because I think she has a mild case of early dementia, she forgets things and turns things about, so what she says it`s in fact the opposite which is correct IYKWIM, I`d be a complete nervous wreck if she took either of the boys. You`d have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Thanks Dee

Well off on the plane in the morning and will be back next Monday, excited but scared, havent been away without the whole tribe in long while

Keep thinking of how many nappies i wont have to change and how many bottles i dont have to make lol, sad but i find it exciting

catchyas when i get back

Hi gals. Thanks for the advice. I'm still not sure what we will do.

Sorry to be lazy, the rest of this post is copied from my post in the Oct baby buddies..

The boys are both doing well atm. Jack is saying the cutest things, out of the blue he'll say things like "oh my goodness" or "that's funny" in such an adult tone. And Tom is smiling and laughing all the time, except when he's crying with a sore mouth!

We are still waiting to find out if the house is going ahead. We have been so stuffed around. I'm so over it now. Hopefully it will all be resolved one way or the other on Monday. Basically the bank has promised to LOOK at our application then. We applied on Feb 22 and have just asked for our 3rd extension on the contract and they are going to deign to LOOK at it on Monday. Actually I'm furious - and when we paid our last mortgage out with them they told us we were good customers and would love to give us another mortgage. And then they treat us like this! Monday will probably be too late as the vendors said last time they wouldn't agree to another extension. So probably on Monday we will get a call from the lawyer saying sorry, the contract has crashed. I wonder if we can sue the bank for mental anguish...

Just checking in to say hi to all. Have a few drama's going on atm but trying to live life as normal.

Got Tehya weighed last week and she's a grand total of 11.7kgs, Still under the 50th centile for her age, oh well, I'm not worried about it. She's always been around there.

Talking is fantastic, doesn't shut up though. Parroting heaps, we are starting on her colours atm, I have been lazy with that I know.

I have my nephew Ned coming over today, he is having weekend access here for my brother. Which is totally ridiculous as my brotherhas 2 other children and he see's them all of the time without supervison. Stupid cow of an ex though. Hopefully it goes back to court soon though as it means my every Saturday is on hold. I have to be with Ned and my brother the whole time, he is dropped off at 2pm and picked up again at 6pm. Makes it hard to do much, and as much as I love the fact that my brother is seeing his son, it would be better if we didn't have to be involved in it too.

Anyway, best get going. He should be here any minute.

Hope all have a great weekend. Still waiting on my new nephew to be born too.

Be good.

Oh Trish, I'm so sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I just found the punching bag thread last night. I really hope things settle for you soon. Boys really never do grow up do they? I must say though that you have obviously done a wonderful job with Joel. LOL at him making that call!

Well, my well behaved son turned into a 2yo monster this weekend. Suddenly he is refusing to do anything he is asked to. This is really unlike him. Sure, he has been testing boundaries for a while now, but just sort of niggling at them and then backing off when he realises he isn't going to get away with things. But this is downright defiance. I don't know if it's related to his teething or just the next step in the journey, but I sure hope it passes soon. Today he even (accidentally I think) banged Thomas just above the eye with a hard toy after I had asked him not to give it to Thomas. Poor Tom has a huge red mark and a bit of a bump, and it only just missed his eye. I think he was just trying to be nice, giving Tom something to play with, but still. Tom was absolutely screaming like you wouldn't believe. So now suddenly I can't leave them alone together. That's going to make life a lot more difficult.

We are going shortly to have lunch at the ILs and then leave the boys there while we go to a movie. I wasn't sure about the idea before, but now I'm glad as I think DH and I could really use a couple of child free hours.

Happy 2nd Birthday Zander & Violet

Happy 14th Birthday Michael

I`m sure Matthew has hit the terrible 2`s, in the last couple of days we`ve had egg broken over the floor, milk all over the floor, permanent marker drawn all over the lino.

I`ll BBL just wanted to wish Violet & Zander a happy birthday, Hope you both have a great day too Tanya and Sarah

Happy Birthday Alexzander and Violet.

Hope everyone is traveling well.

Alex is doing well he still doesn't talk much but i am not worried about that. Not much else going on.

Happy Birthday to Zander and Violet and Michael. Wow, what a lot of birthdays. Also a little girl at play group turned 1 today and another one turns 2 tomorrow. And Happy Anniversary to me and DH.

Jack and Tom were both good as gold for the ILs on Sunday, they even slept most of the time we were gone. Today Jack sang the Wheels on the Bus and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in the car on the way home from playgroup, and got all the words right. Usually he'll only sing bits of the songs and want me to sing the rest, but today was the first time he sang them all the way through by himself. And this morning he was singing Baa Baa Black Sheep by himself too. I think he's been foxing me!

Still waiting for news on this house. They promised us we would know yesterday, then this morning, but still nothing. Not happy Jan.

Dee, isn't it funny how they turn into monsters overnight. Jack has improved since the weekend but is still having his moments. Pity we can't skip this age!

Debbie Lee Guest

A belated 'Happy Birthday' to Zander and Violet!! Hope they had a lovely 2nd birthday (I was in Geelong so couldn't get to the puter to say it on the day).

Gab had a nice birthday. We went out for dinner with friends. She was spoilt with load of presents - thankfully she got heaps of clothes for winter. She needs them!

hey just a quick one to say back from sydney, well got back monday lol but i am slow to catching up everywhere, post more later

Hey girls, just popping in for a quicky.

Deb, Happy Birthday to Gab for yesterday. I hope she had a great time. And happy birthing day to you too hun.

Belinda, good to hear that you got back from Sydney ok. Hope your trip was good.

Tehya had her first day at daycare today. Went off like a dream, had no dummy there and only had her bottle after she woke up. Had a little sook at nap time, that was at 11.30am and she's not used to going down until 1pm so a big time change for her.

My brother and his gf had their little boy yesterday, after 15 hours of labour a not so little Logan was born, 4.04kgs, not a bad size hey. Simone didn't even feel bub crowning, said it didn't hurt at all. What a champ. Oh yeah he had a head of 37cms so it wasn't small at all.

Think I am getting the flu, have been running around so much lately, between hosp and acupuncture appts, ob's and midwifes. Then after being in there all day yesterday until late lastnight in the aiir conditioning and Simone had the fan on us too. I think it has finally caught up with me. Guess that my added stress wouldn't help though.

I will catch up better later. This tired mummy needs to go to bed.

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - yay for Tehya doing so well at daycare! Good on her Must have warmed your heart knowing she coped ok?
    Good job for Simone! Wow! U must be a brilliant coach (tho I knew u would be anyway Wanna come to Dunkeld in late July?? PMSL). Wow @ her not even feeling him crowning! Those endorphins must have been workin' overtime! Good on her. How inspirational!

Belinda - hope u had a good time in Sydney

Neil felt Little Bee kick last night so that is very exciting! He reckons that he is trying to perfect his footy kick, LOL.
    I'll get some photos up of Gab's birthday some time today.

Deb, let me just book a ticket

Looking forward to seeing your pics. YAY for Neil feeling Little Bee last night too. How exciting !!

Well the trip was great to Sydney, used to live there so was nice and familiar to me, which meant we could catch trains etc and feel ok about where we were going
    Plane was delayed when we left sunny coast, so sat in plane for over and hour because of baggage loader breaking down, then we land in sydney and i said to luke your dad used to work here delivering cargo and luke yells out in the plane and 'drugs'! could of thrown him out of the plane!! but it got worse, he then implied loudly on the plane that i had drugs with me!! the lady that was sitting with us told him he couldnt even joke about that sort of stuff and i felt like hiding under the seat!! in the end i had to tell him off and get him to sit down so he would stop saying it!
    Then we hitchhiked on a shuttle bus lol, i just seen a guy with a shuttle bus shirt so i followed him to the bus with these ppl, then he goes where is your ticket, i said what ticket? so he let us on anyhow which was good
    Then we walked through the city close to china town and luke yells out ' its just like going to Tokyo isnt it mum', gggrr to taking kids on holidays!!
    Then he told some lady that the flag on the harbour bridge was the iraq one (was the aborginal one)
    Besides that it was a great time and we seen the most of sydney that we could see, i was exhausted every day and my feet are bruised and sore still!

Trish: hope you feel better soon

Debbie: yah for Neil feeling a kick

Debbie Lee Guest

Larissa has kindly set up a photobucket vid of Gabby and cake time here.
    Photos of Gabby's 2nd Birthday can be found here .

Belinda - sounds like Luke made the trip rather interesting! Oh dear!

Hey guys,
    Just a quick hello - sorry I have been so absent from this thread - I tend to get on, check what I need to quickly and get off to a baby crying!
    Life is OK I spose. Jenna has her ups and downs, her talking is coming along brillantly, she is saying lots of little sentences now, and can sing so many nursery rhymes - its good. We have regular conversations with her.

Hamish isnt so good - he is deaf at the moment - has been for about 2 weeks after a number of ear infections. Turns out he has glue ear, so until that resolves (if it does without grommets) he wont have much hearing. But loads of personality, lots of gooing and talking, and eating and weeing - just not much bloody sleeping! He's feeding 3 times between 1am and 6am at the mo - its killing me, but I have to let him do it - I'm sure its scary being in a dark silent world! He is also back on the weight charts - dropped off for a week or two, but he's back at 10th percentile, so all good

I'll try to check again soo - happy birthday to all the bubs. What big boys and girls we all have!
    Fi

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast