Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #7

Trish - Hope your day isn't too unbearable. MIne was up at 5:50 as well. Shane was really quiet this morning, I thinke she just has ESP or something. Pesky child.
    Naughty Mark not taking at least the first day off. Fingers crossed you cope and he didn't need to. Have a day on the couch and get your helpers to bring things to you

Jess - Hope things are OK where you are. I'm having a brain fart and trying to remember where Euroa is. I'm thinking Murray?? So hopefully no fires where you are. This wind here this morning is crazy. I'm pleased the temp has dropped.

Belinda - Start getting his CV together.... mind you - he might want a few days off in between, which will no doubt send you spare! Hopefulyl its only a couple of weeks changeover, not a few months.

Bec - Jenna totally has Eliza's cold. Pretty funny really. She is a sneezing snot monster today. I've given her some more Dimetapp to try and stem the flow of it. Bugger about the teeth - was that on the steps?? Hope not.
    And you know you can bring missy over here for some air con and a swim anytime.

Deb - I still remember having to cry with Shane hysterically the night before my induction to get him to take the day off. The thing is I guess he wanted to spend more time after the event with us, not during. You wouldn't guess the guys has about 4m long service and about 1m of annual leave owing would you... Not to mention sick leave and RDO's. Oh well, he's taking a month off this time, so all will be OK.

I had a shocking night. Tears at 2am with pains and near spewing. I just overheated in bed, and got really ill. I think I'm almost ready to have this child. Almost

Aww Fi, I hope your day is ok today and you manage to get some rest sweety. Poor little Jenna and her snot nose, atleast it is coming away, better than it staying in there and clogging her up.

Suprisingly my foot is feelng abit better this morning, but I'm betting after being up for a few hours and having to get around for the kiddies that will all change. The big boys are at their dad's so it's not even like I can get them to watch the little turds while I shower and dress.

Rest - whats that.....
    I rang mum and said - OK thats it, this child can start thinking about coming out. She thought it was quite funny I think. Deep down though I know how much easier they are on the inside than the outside.
    Its hard to win in this game isn't it?
    Keep your foot up as much as you can.

Yeah funny Fi, when the Dr told me to rest yesterday and to stay off my foot as much as possible I laughed at her and said I have 4 kids !!

Ok so don't rest, just try to sit on your butt as much as possible. Without slouching though, no posterior bubs you hear

Your right, babies are so much easier to look after on the inside. They do everything for themselves really, ok we're doing it, but ykwim Before you know it you will have a new little bubba to feed and change pooey bums for.

Debbie Lee Guest

Too true about kids being easier on the inside than out. Give it a couple of weeks, Fi, and you'll be wanting to shove him/her back in! Sorry to hear you had a rough night, mate Bloody heat! Sending more LV's.
    Neil had a heap of sick leave and annual leave owing to him at his last job but because he worked another job for 6 months (needed a break from screenprinting), he kissed all of that goodbye. With teaching it gets reinstated when you return to the Dep. of Ed. Obviously not so with screenprinting. Tight bastards!

Trish - hope you go ok today. Too right it's a great excuse to not do housework! Oh dear... Tehya IS a light sleeper! Gab sleeps through Neil's showers tho at least here the bathroom doesn't back on to her bedroom. It backs onto the babies room tho...so I'm thinking about swapping Gab to that room before Little Bee is born. It all depends what flavour we are having cos Gab's current room is a light shade of pink. Yeah...I could paint but I'm just not that motivated! hahaha

Jess - good to hear from you. Sorry Bella got such a fright from the chopper. Like Trish said, maybe she's scared that it'll dump water on her? Sounds like you're totally over everything atm. I don't blame you!

7 weeks and 3 days today. This time when I was preggo with Gab I felt like crud all day every day. I'm getting a few queasy pangs (esp. when I first get up) but a small bite of food usually helps. So different! Food never helped when I was having Gab - esp. when I got to the chucky stage. OOoooo maybe I won't have a chucky stage?? One can only hope!

FI - sounds like things are slowly statrting to happen...

Quiet day here, 2 youngest are in daycare. for some reason my knee is swelling, and as each hour passes, becomes more painful to walk on. I havent fallen or anything, i've just noticed over the last couple of days... maybe a trip to drs for me grrr... just have to wait for my bunk beds to be delivered - the times?? between 9 and 5... bastards. at least say morning or arvo so i can get stuff done...

Thanks Trish for the advice...under sufference I put my finger in Elizas mouth to check if the teeth were wobbly they arnt so I guess we will have a few scars and as you said that V thingo gosh it bleeds heaps.
    Fi: Ooh sounds good for a outcome near the end of the week..I have to work a few days this week if you can have it on a day I'm not working that will be good either that or a late night birth..lol
    Deb: Sounds like you are getting in the throws of ms..hope it isnt a long trip.
    Simone: Whoohoo new bunks..it is a pain when they give you a time..lol that is between 8hrs.
    We had our first sleep thru in Elizas cot today, the last 4 nights has been me and her sleeping on the floor. I think she is at the end of the pesky cold that Jenna so nicely took off her hands (I still have it). Oh and Fi nah she knocked her mouth being an evil caneval on the coffee table and fell down the back god that sounds worse than it actually was but then went bang tooth thru the lip and then BANG skid your teeth down the wood.

LOL can't you tell its a work day so much I can type without little one pulling at my leg..oh and YES we have worked out how to climb out of the cot it is a fair fall although she slides down most of it. If I put her in a sleeping bad she cant **** her leg so she will be in them. Getting Nanny to make some out of sheet material for summer, is that child abuse
    Bec

Simone : have you got Annalise back in daycare..how is she going?
    Last edited by Visitor9; December 11th, 2006 at 09:38 AM. Reason: adding more

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Bec... naah, not child abuse Clever Liza getting out of the cot. Gab still hasn't attempted it. She was hollering from her cot for a good 15 minutes this morning while I was mustering up the energy to get up (she was calling out happily... not crying...she talks to her buzzy-bees). So it would have been a great opportunity to give it a go! Glad Eliza's teeth are ok

Simone - ouch @ the knee. Sounds painful.

Spose I'd better go and do some stuff. Chooks need feeding, house needs vacuuming and mopping. Oh the joys!

Have you got Chooks Deb...you are a country bumpkin now lol

Bec- ANneliese is back in daycare, they are on their last chance... With Xande rnot wanting to go abck (just screams when i try and leave him there, but on his first day he wouldnt even kiss me goodbye because he was too busy playing... HE keeps saying his tummy is sore. something's dodgy, and im trying to find another centre, but places for 3 children arent easy to come by...)

But if the kids get sick again, ill be p*ssed. They've pretty much all had the last 3 weeks off....

Since we changed centres we havent been sick since...a bit of a change form being hospitalised for 1 week and a half..NGT and IV's. I had a prob with Eliza last week not wanting to go but if they are doing something fun like finger painting..there are no goodbyes just painting lol

When i get the kids there normally about 8am, they have a couple of toys out, and all the kids are lumped in one room. Declans very much a mummy's boy, doesnt like being with anyone but me, but lately i've only been able to leave Anneliese without a fight... its such a struggle, sometimes i wonder if its really worth it, just to get some me time...

Hey girlie whirlies

Trish, sorry about your fall.. sounds like you need a helper Glad it's feeling a bit better tho.

Fi, Euroa is on the Hume Freeway, not too far from us, hey Jess
    I think you should be ready to have bub too... at almost 40 weeks you would think so anyway... I hope you get some rest now that that it has cooled down.

Jess good to see you are still alive

Bec, ouchies @ pool Eliza's teeth!! Poor mite!!

Simone, that doesn't sound good, it's amazing how fast those bugs can spread when you put kids togther tho.

Belinda, I hope Bill can find another job quickly!!

Not much going on here... I'll be offline for a while so I hope you all stay safe over the festive break.
    Violet is norty, up most of the night! I don't think she could sleep cause of the heat... urgh!
    Oh well, I hope the cooler weather tonight brings her some respite (and me)

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Hope Violet sleeps well tonight, Tanya. You guys take care over Chrissy! We'll miss you around here.

Bec - yep, we're definitely country-folk now with our 2 chooks (Parma and Kiev). One of them pecked Neil yesterday. Too funny!

Simone - hope you get the day care situation sorted out. It was good for me when Gab was in for 1 day a week for a little while. It's not so much of an issue now that she's older and can entertain herself. At the time I think I just needed that day of "me" time. I was meant to be working on that one day but it never happened.

It would be ok if i just had one if the kids (like today, with Xander home, he entertains himself, only comes to see me when he wants help with the toilet or a drink/snack etc. But declan and Anneliese... having them off for a day is hard. Declans very clingy, and anneliese is only a baby!!

Ah the things we do huh? Its funny - I dont feel like I need me time most days. Well there are always exceptions, but I guess cause we really, really knew what we were doing I just usually lump the situation and deal with it? Also - cause I have had the career thing for the last 10y, I dont mind being stagnant for a little while and just doing the mummy thing.
    I just dont think I need the me time yet, but then shane is great, and I do get time to myself, so maybe thats the difference. I have to admit to looking forward to netball season..... I can't wait to run again!
    But anyway, despite my mother thinking I need jenna in daycare to give myself a break, I acutally dont. It will be interesting to see what happens wiht no. 2 though. I might be singing a different tune

Such a nice morning. I feel like crap, but I got Jenna to the nice vege shop (where I spent $70 on fruit and veges for the week.... EEK!!) and then we went via the park for a play. Only one other kid there which is always nice. Then home for a healthy morning tea, yay dad not being here, followed by reading and cuddles, and then in bed at 11:30. See Shane - if you dont put the TV on all morning, she goes down without a hiccup!! I love my routine

Booked in for acupuncture next week, so with a bit of luck it will be next Friday or Saturday.... if not earlier. She reckons she has a pretty good success rate

Bec - I hope eliza hasn't ruined her chances of being a top mouth model. Lipstick could have been how she supported you in your retirement. Oh well, it might have to be feet now.

Tanya - I knew I knew Euroa. We stopped at the pub for a meal about 1yr ago on the way back from Wondonga last year. It was really nice. I'll send you the SMS when things happen.

Well I think I need a nanna nap today. After last night, a littlekip might do me somegood!

hey again

Well seems Bill has a job till early january but wouldnt suprise me if they pay them out at the end of the year and they dont go back, we shall see, going to be very careful with money until then so we at least have some back up cash if needed

All is ok here this morning, Mason just went for nap and Cooper is napping in my arms as per usual lately, Bill holds him all weekend as he couldnt be bothered settling him in bed so Mondays are usually me holding him as thats what he is used too

Dont you hate when they get like that Belinda... DH does that as well, but Anneliese goes to daycare mondays and they are in love with her and are quite happy to hold her all day!! Me, i meant i never got anything done on mondays...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast