Thread: Babies Born January - June 2005 #7

Default Babies Born January - June 2005 #7

This thread is for parents who's baby was born January - June 2005

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-

Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Old thread can be found here

Love

YAY I get Gold

Now girls, don't go asking what gold is for this time

Trish - I dont know what to say. At the point of sounding like a cliche, is it worth getting someone to sit down with the pair of you? Like a mediator?
    I know we recently got a pamphlet fromthe child support office saying that they have a range of new counselling services for all satges of relationships.
    Maybe worth a gander?
    But not being secure isn't a reason to stay with someone - people can get away from far worse situations that that, so the reason you stay with someone is because you love them.
    I know you love Mark, maybe he just needs to remember some of the love.
    Its hard when you have crap going on in your life, whether it be from crazy cold sores to windscreens being smashed in, to friends with meningitis, it all takes its toll, and sometimes we just forget to live in the moment.

Spot the girl who is feeling very relaxed today! Its Shane's 5th day off in a row, and we just get into a nice groove. Jenna loves having tea and bikkies in bed with us in the morning, it starts things off in such a nice way, and shane is all relaxed which is nice. Specially given the next few weeks in our house!

Still haven't packed my labour bag......

Deb - that drive sounds horrendous!! Pull out the CC and stay somewhere - or try and get to Geelong for the night. It sounds too hard for poor little Gab, and you want to enjoy the Wiggles!!!
    I hope you guys work something out.

Simone - it was nice to meet you too, and thank goodness the key situation worked out well.

Right - union picnic today. After a 9:30am drs appt. Where Jenna knocked her head a few weeks ago, there is a pea sized hard lump under the skin, so we had better go and get that checked out. She also has a bit of a rash around her nose, looks like her first allergy, so we shall ask about that too. If its food relatedof course it will be nearly impossible to eliminate from the diet. Tough stuff.

Oooeerrr Bronze!!!

Fi, you haven't packed you labour bag becaue you want to jinx yourself I hope it hapen sooner rather than later

Trish, im soooo sorry about mark. Im thinking of you... (((hugs)))

Tanya - i agree, re: jinxing herself. Fi doesnt want to go over this time!!

Fi - that sounds like a lovely way to start the day

Fi, I know what your saying hun. I'm not staying with Mark for security reasons though. Gosh, even I'm not that silly. I do love him, as I'm sure that he loves me. I guess at the moment there is alot on my plate, especially with my juvenile son and the relationship is on the backburner. Bloody men that need constant attention, as bad as puppy's. I wish they could understand that there is only one of me and I am being pulled from all directions.

YAY for Shane being off again. It makes it so much easier when they are home with the kiddies to help out. You know, these last 5 days would've been great timing for you to have had bub You are going to be rushing around like a mad chook packing that bag of yours girl. I have an idea, just don't pack and have bub at home

Tanya, Hope you and the girls are doing well. How is miss Violet going ??

Simone, hope you and the kiddies are doing well this morning too.

Hi Girls,
    Another work day so of course another bad night last night :sigh: Not only Eliza was all gee.d up due to all the preservatives she consumed and never stopped in all the time we were at the chrissy do. Eliza got some really nice presents a wetsuit pmsl cause she needs one . Oh well it was a bit sad saying goodbye to my neices and nephews..we are hoping Eliza can talk by the time they get back
    Tanya: Oh I am so sorry your life is so hectic and it sounds like Mark is being a royal pain in the a$$.
    Fi: Have fun at the picnic...yes I am at work . Hope Jennas head is just capsulated blood that will break down
    Deb: Ohh Wiggles sounds fun driving sounds not so fun!! I agree maybe you need a sleep over.
    Tanya: It could always be BLUE!! for first
    Simone: Hope the DVDs are on and you are relaxing ~ great news about the key hope Ryan didnt do too much damage
    How funny I was just typing and tried to do a mouse move and was running my finger on the keyboard occupational hazid of laptop users..lol
    Bec

hey again

havent really read back as you all talk so much lol

Dee: glad you could drop in and hope you get back to give more of an update about what your up too

Trish: Sorry to hear you arent having a good time of it lately, i hope things are good for you in the end

Fi: Not long to go for you now, well if you go around due date this time anyhow, i really hope that you do

will be back later to read a bit more

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Trishy... sorry that you and Mark aren't having the best time atm. It's a bit of a worry that he's telling everyone else that he's unhappy and not you. You've got soooo much going on at the moment, he really needs to try a bit harder to support you rather than be just another burden. Maybe going to see someone is a good idea, like Fi suggested?

Fi - glad you guys are getting some R&R and enjoying family time before your new bundle of joy arrives! Sounds like Jenna is in the wars... as all good 1 year olds seem to be!

Bec - PMSL @ you trying to move the mouse like you are on a laptop. LOL @ Eliza getting a wetsuit. You realise she'll need surfing lessons now?

Belinda - we do talk a lot, hey? Just jump right in there and don't stress too much about keeping up... just read the last couple of pages like I do

No work today. Secretly I'm glad. I feel fine today too so yesterday must have just been an odd queasy day. I've been into town and back and baked some cookies that Neil wants to take to work. Tash and Paige might be dropping in later on their way home from Horsham so I am trrrrying to get Gab to have a sleep. It's not happening. Neil is snoozing because he's on night shift tonight.
    Hmm... yeah... you guys are right about us probably staying somewhere the night on Wednesday. I might throw Gab's portacot and bedding in the car. If we're totally buggered I'm sure we can stop at a motel somewhere near Ballarat and crash. Guess we'll see how we go. So far it looks like the weather is going to be kind and not be too hot. Gab has a wiggles t-shirt to wear to the concert - oh and her Dorothy runners, hehehe.

Okay I`m here and there`s no way I`m going to be able to catch up so please forgive me

Trish - Huge hugs to you, I better read up on your previous posts so I know whats going on.

Fi - Go pack that bag, hmm look who`s talking, 2nd time around and things aren`t done till the last minute, how things change from #1 to #2. Tea and biscuits in bed remind me of my own childhood, each Sunday we`d climb into bed with Mum and Dad for biscuits.

Deb - Enjoy the wiggles, I`m sure you will. Glad your feeling better today.

Bec - LoL you sound tired

Hello to everyone else.

The boys are well, Matthew`s having his nap after many complaints, if he goes to sleep in the car on the way home he fights his sleep big time when I try to get him down, no matter how tired he is and he`s always tired as he wakes so often in the night, not sure what`s wrong with his sleep pattern at night.

Each night now when Mummy is cooking tea, Matthew cooks tea as well, he drags out the pans and a plastic serving up spoon, put`s potatoes and onions into the pan, in one hand he has the spoon stiring the potatoes and onions and on the other hand is the oven mitt, it`s so cute, he`s then happy cooking until tea is ready, at least I know where he is.

Been tossing up what to buy Matthew for christmas, in the end we`ve decided to buy him an outdoor Playgym, he`s going to love it but I can see he`s going to want outside more then he does now which is all the time anyway, can`t lock him into this house as he opens the doors even when they are locked.

Adrian is doing well, had his clinic appointment today and he`s 8.5kg and 69cms long. I was a bit worried that I haven`t seen any tears from him as yet but the nurse reassured me that his eyes look well lubricated and tears don`t form until about 4 months.

Take Care

Dee

Bec, sorry to hear that you had another shocker. When are these babies going to get the whole sleeping thing ? I'm sure Eliza can have a great time in the bathtub with her wetsuit !! What sort of present is that for a 20 month old ??

Belinda, regular checks and posts makes it easier to keep up Hope your boys are all doing well, you too of course.

Deb, sounds like a plan with the Wiggles. What a good wife/mummy baking cookines. I was going to do some muffins yesterday but had no eggs. Be sure to take lots of pics with Gab at the concert too. Hopefully you guys find somewhere to crash out too.

The guy came and fixed my car window today, suprised he didn't charge me extra, Noah wouldn't leave him alone. Poor man. He said he plenty of patience with kids though coz he has none of his own. Hmm , should've sent Noah and Joel with him, he would've been glad for it then.

My gf came over with her gorgeous 9 week old bub Kobi, he is sooooo cute. I have a pic of him in Tehya's album, he has trhe kissiest lips I've ever seen on a baby. GF put bub in Tehya's cot but forgot to shut the door, we were out the back as I was hanging washing, she could hear bub cry, Tehya had gone in, climbed in the cot with him, pinched his dummy and was sucking on it. Poor little man.

Mark called this morning and said that when Teh woke last night and he went in to go get her, she started to walk out of the room. Seems little miss can now climb out of the cot as well as into it. We are thinking of taking the side off it now. Too far for her to fall in the night if she climbs. Just reaffirms my idea of getting her into a bed over the Christmas holidays.

Dee, sorry you must've posted while I was typing. How cute Matthew helping you with dinner. What a good helper. The outdoor gyms are great. Noah has one already and Tehya climbs it like a monkey. Sounds like Adrian is growing nice and big already.Tehya weighed that much at 12 months Good to hear that all is good with his eyes though. Last thing you need is more medical problems hey.
    Last edited by Trish; December 4th, 2006 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Adding for Dee

Dee: Glad all is going well and sounds cute about Matthew cooking as well

Debbie: The tshirt and joggers sound cute

Trish: I get in to do the regular checks but then Mason comes along so there goes the idea of posting, gggrr he is here now again

HAHA Belinda, that's what always happens to me. Kids hey, who'd have em

haha only the crazy people of the world thats for sure

Belinda - exactly the reason why I can`t get onto BB like I used to as well, makes it hard hey.

Sure does, but its all worth it at the end of the day, well i have remind myself sometimes that it is lol

I would still love to know with the amount of keys on a keyboard that they can always press the one button on there that deletes everything you just wrote!

I do elbows now, he goes either side and tries to press keys and i do my elbows to fend him off lol, he probably thinks its a great game

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Belinda... the things we've gotta do, hey? Just for one little snippet of time to ourselves!

Dee - wow @ Matthew opening doors even when locked. Gab can't reach yet... glad to have a little short-stuff

Trish - sounds like a big-girl bed is definitely on the cards! What a clever miss climbing out.. tho I'm sure it's a PITA for you. LOL @ Noah keeping the windscreen dude amused.

Tash and Paige ended up coming. Gab was asleep but not for long. Paige "helped" me get her up. As soon as Paige saw Gabby she pointed and screamed with delight! So cute! They both got up to mischeif in the back yard. They were both filthy and wet within minutes! They had a fantastic time tho. It was great to have friends over

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast