Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #2

Default Babies Born January - March 2005 #2

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in March 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

March '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Naomi
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 14th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lb 3oz - 48cms - 34cms
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Ryan Lewis
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Ended up being a repeat c-section due to turning breech at the last minute.

Forum Name: nellbe
    State:Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 17th February, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3700g - 51cm - 33cm
    Baby Name(s): Matthew Albert
    Baby's Website: none yet
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) born on due date
    __________________________________________________ _______

Forum Name: zola
    State: TAS
    Baby's DOB: 3rd March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 10lb 6oz (4.725kg) - 53cm - 37cm
    Baby's Name: Sebastian John Raymond
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 6 days early, elective c-section

Forum Name: bellasmum
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB:7th March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2830g(6lb4oz)-50cm-33.2cm
    Gender of Baby:female
    Baby's Name: Isabella Rose Lucinda(bella)
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: none now
    Notes: induced 3 weeks early due to iso immunisation, cord wrapped tightly around neck, required full blood exchange at 4 hrs old, quadruple phototherapy for 4 days,double phototherapy for 2 days.3 months of age had another blood transfusion and 4 months old .

Forum Name: Trish
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB:8 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3710gm 8lb 2oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Tehya Makenzie
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/t/trisharae
    Health Concerns: Mild Jaundice
    Notes: 1 day early, home waterbirth

Forum Name: Bec G
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 10 - 03 - 2005
    Baby's Name: Eliza Jayne
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: c-sect due to cervical stitch and gest diabetes 37 weeks
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3170 gms, 48.5cm
    Baby's Name: Sienna Catherine
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:

Forum Name: Dinky
    Baby's DOB: 17 March, 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2720g - 45cm - 33cm
    Baby's Name: Hayley Nola
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Wind, reflux, nasal congestion
    possible heart problem
    Notes: 5.5wks early emergeny c/s after prom

Forum Name: ange-par (Angela)
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB:19-03-2005
    Baby's Name: Ella Grace
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Emergency c-section due to 3 failed attempts at being induced and health problems

Forum Name: Tanya
    Baby's DOB: 20/03/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3730g (8lb 40z) Length - 53cm (21in) Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Violet Crystal
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/insideofme
    Health Concerns: none...yet
    Notes: 40weeks 1day, NVD, breastfeeding

Forum Name: Sarah_H
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 20th March '05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 14oz Length - 55cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Alexzander David Paul
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/sarah_aaron_baby
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 8 days late, 36hr labour which failed to progress ended in c/section

Forum Name: simone
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 20/3/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3519g Length - 52cm Head Circ - 36
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Declan Christopher
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: born 3 weeks early, had mild jaundice.
    __________________________________________________ ____

Forum Name: Debbie Lee
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 21 March 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lbs Length 50.5cm- Head Circ - 34cms
    Baby's Name: Gabrielle Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/littlenobba/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Emergency C-Section after baby showed signs of distress. The cord was wrapped around her neck!!
    __________________________________________________ ______

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Find your old thread HERE

Love

YAY, I got to be first

Thought I'd put some pics from yesterday of Tehya and Noah that I think are cute. Well only one of each of them. I love the picture of Noah, will be a great one to scrap one day when I get the chance.

Tehya

Noah

Ended up going out to Parramatta Lake today, there is a huge park there with gorgeous walking tracks and so many bloody lizards in there to keep me running. Yes, I know Tanya, I'm a big sook

Yes, yes you are!! LOL
    I had my Cousins kids here the other day (His wife was having contractions so I htought I would take them for a few hours) and my nephew was chasing them around with my lizards I think it's funny that you can be scared of them... but that's just me

Anyway, back to my cousins wife... she was due to be induced today (17days overdue!!) but she had a little (big) boy last night!! 10lb 1oz. I can't wait to see him... long overdue for new babies ( )

Those pics are cute Trish!! Tehya is the spitting image of her daddy!!

Tanya

Hey girls. where is everyone ??? Hope are all just hanging over from the long weekend and everyone is doing ok.

Not alot happening around here. School holidays are doing my head in and I'm even down a kid which is fantastic. Shame it's not the worse one gone.

My ex SIL took Brandon away with her and my neices up to Forster for the week, He will be back on Friday. Fantastic and all I had to provide was some cash for him. $40 for a weeks holiday is great

Took Joel shopping today to try and find something decent for him to wear to court on Monday coming. Yeah, really looking forward to that. Any money spent on clothes for him now though is counted as a birthday pressie too. His 15th bday is on the 16th of this month. Don't see why he should get rewards like new clothes for court so they are pressies too. Fair call I think

No fun talking to myself, hurry up girls and come chat to me. Honest, I don't stink !!!!

Hehe Ok, so I ended up not talking to myself, Thanks for posting Tanya

NOOOOO I don't want her to look like her Dad. She's supposed to look like meeeeee. She's the only girl afterall. LOL.
    Last edited by Trish; October 4th, 2006 at 04:01 PM.

Haha... sorry... it's funny how it works. I know plenty of couples with boys who look like their mums and girls that look like their dads.

Poor you, what a horrible situation to be in.. Urgh!! We just bought Alecia her B'day pressie (15th)shhhh we got her an ipod... got a few ppl to put in. Sheesh they're expensive! She never get stuff like that so I she'll be WRAPPED!!

Tanya

WOW she will be happy. Jeol still doesn't know what he want's yet. A new mobile, a digi camera or a mp3/ipod.

That's ok with Tehya too, because more people say she looks like my mum then they do Mark. Usually it's Noah that gets the Mark comments. Although most of the time I can't dee it. I think he looks alot like Joel but with red hair, same bad behaviour and cheekiness too.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmmm... I think I tried to post in here the other day when I was still on dial up but it wasn't working so I cracked the poos but forgot to get reminders. Nordy me! Sowwy Trishy!

Trish - I have to agree... Tehya is Mark all over, LOL. And I thought Noah looked a lot like him!
    Good call counting Joel's clothes for court as part of his bday presents. All part and parcel of suffering the consequences of silly actions. You're doing a great job!

Tanya - Alecia will be over the moon with an ipod!! I want one!! hehehe

Gabby is finally getting better. She still has the bad attitude (mainly with me... apparently Daddy is the apple of her eye and can do no wrong! Pah!). We start playgroup tomorrow so that'll be fun for her.
    We went out for dinner on Monday night and Gab had a great time with the other kids. I think she's missing all the social contact we used to have so it'll be good to get her back in with some other kids.

Neil and I have been busy. We went to Warrnambool on Monday to shop for a few bits and pieces at Harvey Norman. We got a lawn mower, a laser printer, an air con (which better be installed sooner rather than later!! LOL), a web cam and a really cool DVD player and burner that has a little memory chip in it so we can record up to 80 hours of stuff and either watch it or burn it later. Warrnambool is lovely and it's got all the shops that Geelong has so I won't have to wait until we head back to Geelong to do decent shopping.

We spent the day in Hamilton today looking for a dining table and chairs but everything we saw was too expensive for what we want. It's just a small area and I'm not too fussed on anything too fancy for now (after all, kids trash everything, LOL). Gabby was so cute! She walked from shop to shop all by herself. After a while she let us hold her hand and we did the whole "1,2,3 Weeeeeee!" thing. Such an achievement for her - we're normally not allowed to hold her hand.

Deb, hush on agree with Tanya. She looks like meeeee!!! Can you tell I'm in denial. That was one of my request's when asking for a girl, that she would look like me. The girls in Marks family aren't very attractive, not that I'm an oil painting, but ykwim. OMG how vain does that sound. LMAO.

Sounds like you guys did some fantastic shoping. Wish I could go on a splurge like that. LOL at Gab with Neil, maye she smoozing up to him to make sure he doesn't go away again. Teh runs for the door in the afternoon when Mark gets home, then it's hang of dad time. I love it, finally gives me a break.

I'm hearing you on not being aloud to hold their hands too. Teh isn't fond of staying in her pram but doesn't like to hold hands either. I'm thinking of goign to buy a harness for her. She'll probably hate it and I will have wasted my money, but got to try hey.

Here i was whinging about Tehya getting me up at 6 am yesterday and today we get a lovely 5.30am start. I ended up in a filthy mood yesterday afternoon so I can only guess how I will be this afternoon. Bloody kids, I'm getting older, don't they realise I need my beauty sleep.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Trish,... that's a sucky start to the day Maybe a Nanna nap later?? Or is that impossible?
    Well... Tehya is a cutey-pie so she must take after you in some respect They can change so much as they get older so maybe she'll start looking more and more like you?
    LOL @ getting Teh a harness. If Gabby keeps going the way she is going, we might need one for her too!

I think Neil missed Gabby last night. He poked his head in her room (of course she woke to the sound of the door) and is now feeding her breakfast. Ahhh... I shall just sit back and enjoy!! LOL

LOL @ sounding vain, Trish! I think we would like our girls to be like us... I get told allll the time how much Alecia is like me, But i am afraid she looks even more like her Aunty on her sperm donors side!! LOL I think the younger two are so much like their father... you can see a little bit of me in them (Like Violet's giant teeth! she is defiantely going to have a crowding problem!).

Violet loves holding hands Alecis loves it!! She thinks its adorable and wants to walk with her everywhere.

Deb, I visited Warrnambool a few years ago. It was lovely They have a wicked park with a huge flying fox! Couldn't keep me off it!! LOL Poor kids had to wait their turn! I will have to come and visit when I can be stuffed (no offence, but my bum is getting HUGER! LOL)

Tanya

Hey Deb - how are the fires up where you are? Anything too close?
    Our idiot neighbour watered his new lawn last night. Normally I would have been OK with a sneaky water (since its only been laid about 3w ago and its already dying!!) but he sprayed water all over the road too. Bloody moron.
    Gabby and neil sound like they have missed each other horribly.Hope you are settling in OK, and I agree - a cheapy table is the way to go. Jenna is trashing ours with her fork at the moment.

Aw Trish. its funny how people say who our kids look like huh? Half the people say Jenna looks like shane, and the other half say she looks like me. Anyone who saw my hair as a kid says she's like me. I always get worried too when I'm told she looks like her dad. Cute girls dont look like dads!!! I remember being pi$$ed too when my younger brother went to court (18yo??) and mum bought him a suit for that. It sucks, but he can do no wrong in her eyes. Good that you have made it count as pressies.

Tanya - you are sounding super clucky Hopefully this is the month for you. Awesome on the iPod. I'm sure she will LOVE it!!! i want one for Chrissie too, fingers crossed we can afford it.

Well we had THE worst night in history. I think I might have got about 3hrs sleep. She was completely miserable all night, and then she finally went to sleep about 3am, and then we had to wake her to take shane to work as he wanted the extra 30mins sleep in.
    And then the health nurse this morning. jenna is doing fine on all counts - apparently she is acutally slightly taller than 50% percentile (which surprises me) and she is the perfect weight, so I'm happy. On the negative side she has told me to get some steroid cream for her nappy rash to try and get rid of it once and for all. So we are also in sposies. God I hate pouring money away like that

Anyhoo - I shall have to go and nanna nap too. I have the netball AGM tonight and must have my wits about me or I'll end up as bloody secretary or something horrendous like that!!

Fi

I hate water Wasting Fi!!! HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!! I leave the girls bath water in and water the garden with it hte next day... I have some beautiful looking tomato plants that I am hanging get big red fruit on it

But seriously those morons who water when they shouldn't, or water too much or water their driveways (derrr... I wonder if it'll grow?) drive me mad! They need to come and work on a farm and see what their wasted water could potenially have been used for, and how much suffereing these families are going through... every drop counts.

sorry I'll get off my soap box... LOL
    Tanya

I agree with you Tanya. I get really angry with wasting water too. Specially dumb people who water their gardens in the middle of the hot sun. Do they not realise they are steaming their plants??? So dumb.
    We are in the process of organising a couple of tanks, and then we are going to start showering with buckets. I can't give up a nice shower (specially with sore preggie muscles) but I will do the right thing and recycle the water.
    I'm very tempted to put a letter in his mailbox suggesting that if he waters the road again he can expect a $2000 fine from the council.

Ohh Tanya, loving your sig hun. Fingers crosse dyou have a little blue bundle cooking in the oven All of my kids apart from Brandon - who I have nothing at all in, well maybe brains , have my big teeth. Thank God Joels gap closed up and now he has goregous teeth. Noah is a gummy bear, lots of gums in his smiles, Tehya has then too. As long of none of them get my over bite I'm happy. Don't want to get braces on them. Of course I will Iif I have to though, I love nice, straight teeth.

Deb, No Nana nap happening around here. I was out all day and only got in around 3.30pm. Tehya of course crashed while we were out. And Noah had a sleep at school. Just me feeling stuffed.

Fi, sorry to hear you had such a crappy night. Fingers crossed you get some good sleep tonight and a nana nap this arvo. HEHE at the cute girls don't look like their dads. I agree, it's like well they are a girl, how can they look like a man and be cute.... I actually got off not spending too much money on Joel's clothes. I went to the Irregular Jeans warehouse yest and got him a nice long sleeved button up shirt for $12 marked down, went to jayjays and got him some trousers for $20 marked down and mum got him new shoes for his bday to wear I thoguht about him wearing a suit and then figured, would they really expect a 14/15 year old to wear a suit. To be honest how many own one at that age. Atleast he's not wearing shorts and a shirt like one of the other boys... Oh and I made him get a haircut today too.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yep.. the watering issue annoys me too. We have a small tank out the side of the house for watering which is unreal! I'm happy about that.
    Neil's also gonna rig up the laundry water to go on the lawn over summer. We did it with the last place and it was unreal.... keeps the grass green but recycles water I'd already be using!

No sign of fires here and no news of the fires either so they must have been over the other side of the grampians.

Sorry about your SUPER crappy night, Fi. That sux! Hope Jenna sleeps really well for you tonight. I imagine you're pretty buggered.
    Same goes for you, Trish.

Sorry for such a short post. My sister (Lauren) is up for a visit so I don't want to spend too much time on the puter and be rude, hehe.

Fantastic that you have a tank Deb, we are wanting to get one here too. One day when we have some spare bucks. Mum has a tank around the side of her house that collects her bath water, she uses that for the lawns and gardens. I remember one day she had the hose out ont he front lawn draining the tank and went to the shop, when she came back some [email protected] had cut her hose. LOL. I told her they probably thought she was wasting water and to put a sign up. She has now.

Up at 5.30 am again today. Norty little girl. Then all she want's to do is hang off me. Noah is up now too annoying her so she is whinging as well. I don't love them getting up so early but if they are going to I wish they'd just go and play instead of hanging off me.

Not sure what I'm going to do today, dropping Noah off at pre school and might go and see a gf who had her bubby last Wednesday, couldn't go and see him before, was too sick. Then again, I could just come straight home and see if I can get some sleep.... Yeah right !!!!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast