Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #2

I have an early waker too Trish. At the moment she wont even let me watch sunrise in the morning, so I have decided bugger it - she can have wiggles and I can check on here for 10mins.
    We will have to put a sign up on our lawn too when we start using receylced water as we are in a new estate. Last year everyones lawns went brown except ours! We only watered twice a week, but we fertilise too, and we water at about 9pm so the ground actually soaks up the water rather than stupid people that water at 11am.
    So it will look terrible if we are the only ones in the street looking green.

Hopefully we can get a tank set up for about $1500, and you get $150 back from the water company as a rebate, so thats good I guess.
    We also have a pool, and rainwater diverters for that, so with a bit of luck every bit of water our roof gets will be collected soon.

Jenna slept through last night. Thank christ!!!! I think it may have been too many strawberries as she has had 2 very black, runny poos, so maybe a tummy ache? Day 2 of sposie nappies. It is easier for sure, but I feel like its such a waste.

Tanya - I meant to say I love your sig too. Heres hoping!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Good job with the watering, Fi. I too am baffled as to why people water in the middle of the day. Are they stuuuuupid??? The water company has sent out info and there have been ads on TV (not to mention advice on TV programs like Burke's Backyard, Better Homes and Gardens etc.) that tell people to water in the evening so that the plants soak the water up. What kind of rock do these people live under??
    We have started keeping the bath water to go on the lawn. I'm gonna get a bit of hose to syphon the water out because the bathroom window is right outside the back lawn. It's actually quite exciting! LOL
    Woo hoo for Jenna sleeping thru too!! Yay!
    Ooo and guess what Gabby loves now? The good ole Boobah! We finally got a DVD player so she's been watching that free DVD that came with the paper a few months ago? You got that one too didn't you? Normally she misses the Boobah on TV because she's still asleep. She loves them. My sister thinks they are just too bizarre, LOL.

Trish - OMG @ someone cutting your Mum's hose! That's a little extreme. A sign is a good idea tho. Even tho we only live in a small town and could probably spread the word, we might do that too. Plus, if people see those signs it might help to make them think about their own efforts, iykwim? Like "You too could have a green lawn if you recycle your water". Like a social consicence? Hope you enjoy bubby cuddles today!

Not sure what's on today either. Might take my sister into Hamilton. I need some new photo albums.... and shoes.... hehehe. Ok... I don't "need" shoes but I am in the mood for buying some!!

YAYAYAYAYAY I sold the ute!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!
    I am soooo happy (in case you couldn't tell )
    A guy from tassie just called and wants to buy it sight unseen! I have been relaly honest with him, and sent him a photos will all the litttle things he would have noticed if he came to see the car, and I also gave him $1000 off the asking price since he has to get the ute back to Tassie and then re-register it for a different state. And he wants it in a week! Totally awesome.
    OMG - I just realised that I called his mobile for about 20mins. That is going to cost so much. D'OH!

So I get to go car shopping now YAY. There is a lovely newish camry down the road that we might just have to take for a test drive this afternoon.

Deb - PMSL on the Boobahs. Jenna loves them still, but the wiggles are better. Its great at 3:00 bananas, and then 3:05 Boobahs! It makes for an easy 3-3:30 when she is ussually cranky having woken up.

Yay - I'm totally buzzed

Debbie Lee Guest

Unreal Fi!! That's great!
    Have fun car shopping

We're not getting a car anymore *sigh* We had too many other debts to pay off so it looks like the old Falcon has to last a little longer.

Lauren and I went shopping today in Hamilton. I found Gabby the most adorable dress for Christmas day. It's not Chrissy colours or anything but it's just so sweet... and only $22! Bargain.

Not talking now, did a huge post and lost the damn thing

A YAY for you Fi on selling the ute and another one for being able to get a new car.

A bummer for you Deb at not being able to get another car.

And a phooey for stupid me who hit the wrong damn button and lost my post!!!!!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Grr! That's annoying, hey Trish!
    That happened to me a few days ago. I was sooooooo peeeeeeved!

It was a very long and loving post too

I was just about finished it and went to scroll up and bloody clicked on the next thread button.

I enrolled Tehya into preschool this afternoon. She will be starting on day a week in the new year... I just couldn't start her yet Not that she's not ready, I'm not....

Debbie Lee Guest

Preschool already?? Wow... that starts early!

OMG - I haven't even begun to think about preschool! I guess now that we are staying for a year I could think about it, but I just dont know.
    I drove a newish Camry today, and it was OK. Gotta say I didn't fall in love with it, but then its just a car?
    We will go and have a look at a few tomorrow I guess.
    Hopefully this guy calls me soon. I want the deposit in my account!!! UNtil then nothing is definite.

Deb - I made Jenna a dress over the last couple of days. Its gorgy!!! I'm going to make another one, and see how long it takes me now that I know what I'm doing, and since I have a size two pattern, I might take some orders I'll put her in it tomorrow and take some shots. Let me know if you are maybe interested! It took me ages, but then I had to unpick a fair bit, but it is really dressy and cute. I'm very proud

OK - Off to have some din dins. blood sugars definitly low tonight!

Debbie Lee Guest

Sounds unreal, Fi! I'd be totally interested in buying one from you. It'd certainly mean a lot more than one just bought from a shop! Just like the little quilt you made for Gab Well done on being so clever and crafty. I wish I'd listened when Mum tried to teach me *sigh*

I am going to look into Gab doing 3 year old kinder but if it's too expensive I dunno if I'll bother. I don't even know if they offer it here in Dunkeld? I guess I should ask!

OOOps Sorry, I call it pre school, it's actually a long day care centre They start with bubs at 6 weeks old. The same place that Noah is at.

FI, I would love to see the dresses. Mak sure you take pocs then. Hopefully today you find a car that tickles your fancy. Although if it's doing that you'd better check where you are sitting

Damn, was reading and wondering why you guys didn't wish me luck for raffles last night, but of course I wrote that in the post I lost. I'm sure though if it were there you would of. And because I thought that you all had, I WON!!!! LMAO. I one a meat tray - 3 T bones and some snags.

I also won the first prize drawn $500 cash WOOHOOO. Everytime before they draw the first one I always say something about needing the $$ same thing last night and when he called the number out I loked down at my tickets and go, Oh my f'n God. not out loud of course. I went up and gave the guy a kiss on the cheek. I'm there often enough so he knows me. I couldn't stop shaking. And nope, I haven't told Mark yet. LOL. He will make me spend it on practical stuff that he wants. I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Thinking of putting it towards Tehya's big girl bed. I have it stashed away inside. hehe.

Now can you girls hold my secret for me. I had to tell someone. Of course mum and my little brother and his gf know, they were with me, but mum told them to keep their mouths shut and not tell dad, he has the loosest lips ever !!!

WOOHOO I'm a winner !!!!!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Wouldn't it be cool if all our girls had matching dresses??? Maybe Fi could even make matching little boy outfits for the boys?? hehehehe
    Ok... a big dag-a-rama but that's me!!

Trish - wooo hoooo for the meat tray! I tell you what, with the way meat is going up in price, winning a meat tray is absolute gold! But WOOO HOOOO for the $500!! That's better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick! LOL @ kissing the guy on the cheek. Probably made his night!! Good idea not telling Mark. I think you deserve to spend it on what you want. Tho, I reckon you should at least go and get yourself a facial or something nice. A massage?

I forgot to tell everyone the other day. My sister (Lauren - the one that was just visiting) has scored herself a job. She's now a registered nurse! I am so proud of her. The poor chook feels like she's been studying forever (she kinda has!) and it's never really led to a proper job.
    When she left high school she did a year-long Youth Affairs course in Melbourne, then she went to TAFE and did 2 years of Myotherapy but didn't complete it cos it's a really tough course (she's still a qualified massage therapist tho). So she kept on at Kmart until she got into nursing. Now, finally, she's a register 2 nurse and starts working next week. I think that's unreal! She's also (finally!) moving out with her BF into a nice little town house in East Geelong so it's all coming together for her. She's had a bit of a rough trot so I'm glad it's all working out for her. Also, I can go and stay at her place when in Geelong instead of Mum's! hahahaha... naah, I think Mum would crack the poos about that.

What's on this weekend for everyone?? Neil is working again so Gab and I are home alone. I really should be unpacking more boxes but, yeah... I'm lazy!!

ETA: I've updated Gab's site. There's some photos of her playing around at the new place. Check out the carpet. Ree Reeew!
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; October 7th, 2006 at 08:06 AM.

Even better if we could get our little girls together. I know I have a great idea, I can spend my winnings on a holiday down the Melbourne just for a pic

Deb, things sound great for Lauren, she must be so happy. Good to hear that all is falling into place for her. This is the same sis that just got engaged too isn't it??

We have a house warming party to go to this afternoon. Looks like we have lost the invite though so will have to find out address. Mark wants me to drive so he can drink but it's down the city and there is no way I am driving back, I can hardly see at tnight to drive. I just don't feel confident, the car light reflect off my goggles. Ohhh maybe I could go and get fitted for contacts ????

What to do with my new found riches

OHH OHH did you notice my post count ?????
    Last edited by Trish; October 7th, 2006 at 08:07 AM. Reason: To point out my post count ;)

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe better still... come to Dunkeld!! I would be nice to get all of us together for a photo. Maybe one day!
    Lauren's not the engaged one. That's Erin, the youngest. Hanna is in-between them. She'd better be the next one to get engaged. She and her BF have been together for 8 years! Time for him to pull the finger out BIG TIME!
    I don't blame you for not wanting to drive in the city. I won't drive in Melbourne let alone Sydney! I freaked out just driving in Canberra. OMG... there's some bizarre road set-ups there!! LOL It didn't help that I was driving my Uncle's car so I was paranoid that I was gonna crash it.

OMG... if Gabby brings out another pair of shoooosss I think I will scream. She's got a shoe fetish! I have to wear my shoes alllll the time and she just loves playing with them. I think her gumboots are her favourite because she goes bananas when she sees them. "Shooooooooossssss!!!".

Ahh a girl after my own heart. I have a major shoe fetish, as does Tehya.

I dont even know where Dunkeld is... LOL. Got a couple of spare beds who am I kidding I only need one, Tehya sleeps with me.

I can't keep up with all of your sisters, too many. I agree after 8 years he should have that bloody ring on her finger.

I got Tehya 2 new pairs of shoes last week, thong style, relaly cute flowery sandles, flowers come up ver the feet and she hatres them. I also got her a cute pair of purple beaded thongs, she hates them too. anything that goes between her toes it seems she hates.

Better go, Tehya and Mark are having a fight

Jenna is the same with her shoes Debbie She loves our boots, and will go and get them from the cupboard if she wants to go out. We have to let her choose her shoes everyday, and at the moment her sandles are a little rough on her feet so I have to put on socks with them. Terribly complicated - I should just buy another pair!

I dont know if I want money for the dresses girls - I would be happy to make them I think if I didn't have to buy the fabric or pay for postage. But we shall see. She looks so bloody cute in it. How much do everyone's girls weigh at the mo? Jenna was 11.2kg at the MCHN on Thursday.

Trish - woohoo on the raffle!!! What a score Big girls beds are pretty cute, but some of them are ridiculously expensive. We ended up just buying Jenna a $400 ensemble, and then I spent a bit of money on cute linen. I think we will do a bed head to match a dresser down the track. I guess when new bubs has to be set up in a room and we need to bribe the little one

I was looking through the Melbourne's child last night, and I found a few cool things. Not sure how I can post the links for you guys as I'm not allowed, but have a look at kidscostumestudio with no au on the end, and tell me what you think? Pretty cute in my mind. I think we may have missed the boat size wise with Jenna though, but god she would love it!

The other thing I'm really considering doing is getting a couple of charms made from her fingerprints. Its called precious charms.
    There was also the mybag ad where they make a leather bag from a baby shop. Pretty darned cute.

So yeah - lots of ways to spend some money!!! I just wish I had more. Maybe you can do it up you winnings Trish and we can live through you?

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG!! Those costumes are unreal, Fi! They'd be awesome to use for a photography session. Hahahaha... PMSL at the woopie cushion one. Love the baby pea. Poo... I can't see a bee! Maybe an idea for the next bub?

Awww... surely we can pay you a little bit at least for the dresses (above material/postage costs)?? Gab is 11.48 kgs and 76.5 cms (apparently overweight... hmmm). So only a bit heavier than Jenna.

The charms sound like a wonderful idea!

Trish - yep... always a spare bed here. It's pink too!! Oooeer, pwetty! Tehya's new shoes sound cute. Pity she hates them. Gab and I have had a running battle with her Vans and her Wiggles runners. They are both impossible to get on her feet. They are soooo tight. They fit but for some reason they are really difficult to push onto her feet. I got so frustrated with the Wiggles runners yesterday that I cut the little elastic strap that goes across the tounge. There's a velcro strap that goes over the top so I figured it wouldn't affect how they look. Voile'! They go onto her feet easily and she loves them now. Not sure what to do with the Vans because they're just a slip-on shoe. I might use Mum's idea and stuff them with newspaper to get them to stretch a bit. I'm sure Hanna spent a fair bit on money on them and they are just soooo cute. Would be a pity if Gab hardly wore them. Tho I guess they'd be in mint condition for the next girl in the family, hehehe

Deb, Gab's pics are gorgeous, She is getting so big. Where's her hair That's ok, I think she's winning over Zander...

Fi, I have been looking at getting a mybag for a while now, there is also a company called onthebag in oz. I think they are a bit cheaper than Mybag too. They also sell on Ebay. I love the butterfly outfit on kidscostume site. I love the precious charms idea. that's a great commemorative thing too. WOW I was looking at the gold one as I don't wear silver and the braclet with the charm is $700!!!

Opps hit the submit key by accident, Joel giving me the craps. I take him shopping and get new clothes that he refues to try on instore, then comes home and wears them, taking tags and throwing away, then whinges that they aren't big enough..... If he tried them on at the store we wouldn't have this bloody problem. Watch him whinge when I just say that Brandon can have them
    Last edited by Trish; October 7th, 2006 at 09:04 AM. Reason: stupid me hit submit before I was ready !!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast