Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born January - March 2005 #2

Dr says probably just a rotovirus Sarah. I suspected slapped check, and even suggested it could just be her eye teeth, but I was assured it wasn't.
    Hopefully its nothign that can cause me and the unborn one any damage. Runny bums and pregnancy make me a little nervous - for good cause I reckon.

LOL on the hairbrush Bec!!! SHe surely has an amazing head of hair! And its so bloody even and thick. I saw a little curly haired girl today with all this long uneven stuff poking through, and I decided that would be Jenna in about 18m.

Men and their sheds huh Deb? Maybe give him a booby shot of your own to hang up there? Just to remind him about reality Most of those silly women are plastic, they annoy the crap out of me!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - TOTALLY understandable that you're nervous about illness while you're preggo. After all you've been thru. Glad that Jenna hasn't got anything that can do you and bubba any harm. Hope she's feeling 100% soon.
    As for the self-booby-shot, Neil would LOVE that! He's asked for one for his wallet. He even wanted one for his mobile. If I knew he wouldn't show anyone, yeah, no worries. But I know him! He'll show everyone! Turd!

He's now on the roof of the shed chopping tree branches down so that we have a better view of Mt Sturgeon and Mt Abrupt.
    I've got a photo of the view of Mt Abrupt that is literally down the end of our street.
    Also got some gorgeous photos of Gab today wearing her bathers. I put them on her without a nappy and she looked sooooo cute! I'll stick 'em on her website when I get a chance.

Wow Deb, great view!! I had a great view at Dookie, I could see the great divide.. was lovely!!Could even see snow on the peaks in winter on a clear day

Don't they look so cute in bathers... why do you think when they make two piece bathers for littlies they make the bottoms twice the size at the top? Emily and Violet were given a two piece each off my cousin (they fell off hte back of a truck )and the bottoms litterally fall of them while the top fits perfect! Even with thte swimmer nappy on...? Stoopid!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - my friend had the same prob with her little girl. She's a skinny-minnie and her little bikini bottoms used to fall off!!

I've put those pics of Gab in her bathers on her site now. She was soooo cute! Wanted to just eat her up! I tried to be bit arty-farty and get some close ups but do you think she would look at the camera or even in my general direction?? Grrr!

Had playgroup this morning. Twas a bit hot and blustery but Gab still had fun. She got reeeallly cranky toward the end. Hardly a surprise! We had THE CRAPPIEST night last night with her sleep.
    It started in the bath. I plonked her in and after a couple of minutes she started scrrreaming beside herself. I thought maybe her legs were stinging because she'd scratched them up a bit outside. But I think she's scared of the plug hole. The night before she pulled the plug out and got a big fright when it made a big gurgling sound (our last bath didn't do that).
    Got her ready for bed and put her down and all she did was cry. VERY unlike her. Usually I don't hear a peep out of her for a good couple of hours. We went to bed about an hour later (after Neil and I had both been in to her a couple of times... she'd also been back up for a short cuddle). For the next hour she was crying every few minutes. Arrgh! So I set up the portacot in our room and had her in there. I reckon she woke me up about 5 times before I relented and had her in our bed. Normally she just plays when she's in with us (and I can't sleep when she's in our bed because I'm too scared I'll squash her). She kind of slept but tossed and turned. When she fell asleep properly I put her back in the portacot. She woke us up at 6am talking away and laughing. Arrgh!
    So I am stuffed today. She's been in bed since 12pm (it's now 3pm). Surprise, surprise!
    This heat is annoying!

It's hot hot hot here today as well. Love the piccies of Gabby in her swimmers, I cracked up at her wearing her gumboats with them though hehe! Poor chicken having a bad night, I hope tonight's better for you/her

Had an interesting day with Zander & Piper. We went to Softplay & they had a ball, that is until a mean old man came near us LOL!! It was just a dad of some random little boy & Zander was petrified of him. Poor little guy was clinging to me for dear life and wouldn't go too far from me while this man was in sight. He looked nice enough, so I have no idea what that was about.

Oh, we went to Best & Less for a look around, as you do And we found t-shirts, just plain ones (red, light blue, blue, green, pink, purple) and they were $1.99 :eek: So I bought Zander three. Can't have too many t-shirts & at that price I don't mind them being covered with dirt & food LOL!

Debbie Lee Guest

OOOo! Great bargain, Sarah. Damn... wish there was a best and less here. HANG ON! We're going to Warrnambool tomorrow. Wonder if they have one there?? Hmmmm... ponder, ponder.
    Awww poor Zander with the "mean man". Isn't it funny what they are scared of sometimes?
    Yeah... Gab loves those darn gum boots. I didn't want her walking around in bare feet because Neil was ripping up cupboards etc. in the shed so she might stand on a rusty nail. Certainly made her look like a little country girl!

Deb,
    Thats sounds exactly our night last night too. We started in the bath Eliza did poo and it was cut short. She was so tired and wouldnt eat dinner then would fall asleep and start screaming. I ended up feeding her weatbix while she was sleeping (lol) the nasty things I do. Guee hot day here hopefully we will get a good nights sleep.
    Bec

Debbie Lee Guest

Ick... sorry you had a crap night too, Bec.
    Gab slept 5 hours today to make up for it. Lucky her!!
    How's work going?

Check out my post in woohoo room guys

Debbie Lee Guest

Oooo that's so exciting, Sarah!! You guys are gonna look so spunky!

Well Done Sarah

Tanya

Hey all,
    Jenna had her first sleep through since she's been sick. Yay for us! She is really tired this morning, just can barely lift her head. Poor mite. She's eating and drinking though, and normal pooing, so I'm not too fussed.
    I've just put her down and she didn't fight it at all.

Sarah - how excitement!

***Pregnancy complaint alert***
    I had my 30-31w appt yesterday, and the midwife was crap. They are all meant to be "stronger" midwives in the FBU because its all natural etc, but this woman has just got back from maternity leave, and is looking at a position in the FBU, so they are getting her to do the appts cause its just sooooo busy in there atm. Like yesterday someone had to deliver in the bathroom cause there were no suites left!
    Anyway, she was really bleurgh, limited people skills, and so different from the other midwives. She thinks that the baby is still breech, which annoys the crap out of me, cuase I thought it was head down, and now I have to start on the fitball at night in front of telly. Grrrrr.
    Just hoping that she was a bit wrong. She didn't seem to be that confident, I'm hoping that will change with her getting back into the job a little.
    Hope all the bubs are coping with the heat, and I hope fires aren't too close to anyone. A bit scary so early in the season.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmmm betcha she was wrong, Fi. If she didn't seem that confident, how can you know for sure? Can you maybe just go to your GP for a second opinion? No point in you spending hours on the fitball if bubba isn't breech afterall?
    Yay for Jenna's sleep-thru. Glad she's on the mend tho it sounds like she's still a shadow of her former self. Poor chook.

We're supposed to be going to Warrnambool today but Neil offered to help someone move some sheep... that has taken allllll morning. Urrgh... Gab hasn't had a sleep so I am hoping she sleeps in the car. It's only an hour-long drive but, hey... an hour is better than nothin'!

Bought some clothes for Gab on ebay. My goodness they are adorable! The ebay shop is called Babybless boutique. Really cute clothes at reasonable prices. I just wish it was warmer today so that I could put her in some of them! hehehe

Hey ladies, just read through all the pages of postings... all 7 of them!!

Glad everyone's kiddies of going well, they're getting bigger and cuter

Declan's the same-barely talks (can, but prefers to whisper) runs everywhere, can jump and twirl He's had about 4 hair cuts, his hair grows so quickly (there's a pic of him on Nickers wesbite, at the junie meetup we had today. he's got the biggest grin

Anyway im off to bed, its nearly 0030 and im almost falling asleep. THANK GOODNESS no plans for tomorrow, i'd like a sleepin... hopefully that happens.

Just a quickie! Deb I found you "maybe if it was warmer today" comment quite funny - it was 37deg when I was driving home from work yesterday afternoon at 4.35pm, no idea what it was in the middle of the day though. Worst thing is today is supposed to be hotter :eek:

Its going to be a very nice 22-25deg here today. Just the way I like it!

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehe Sarah... yep... wasn't very hot here at all yesterday! Yuk @ 37 degrees. That ain't right!

Simone - aww Declan is such a spunk. LOL @ him preferring to whisper and OMG @ the hair cuts! Gabby will be in high school before I have to cut her hair

Had a good day yesterday. We found a dining table the we wanted at one furniture store but for a little more than we wanted to spend. So we went and searched for a shop that is apparently closing down. We eventually found it (after gallivanting halfway around Warrnambool!) and they had the exact same one but for $100 cheaper! Woo hoo! So we can now eat like a normal family up at the table. Gab loved it last night!
    I also scored myself some new shoes at a shoe outlet that I HAD to go into. We picked up our air con too so hopefully it'll be installed one of these days.

Gab is a big girl now. She hasn't slept with a sleeping bag the last 2 nights. I'm wondering if that was one of the things annoying her the other night? Hmm... I'm glad to not have to use them anymore as she was starting to get a bit big for them. With summer approaching, I wasn't keen for her to require one anymore either.

WOW Have I missed out on a lot. Will try to catch up quickly.

Fi, be careful what you wish for weather wise, especially being pg. It's supposed to be around 37 here like Sarah said. I will be outside all day too, hope I don't get burnt.
    I hope poor little Jenna is getting better now. The rotavirus is a buggar. Very contagious too.

Deb, LOL on the booby pics hun. Yeah I agree, go and print one of your own up an stick in the shed and say nothing to Neil, see if he realises or not Haven't lloked at Gab's pctures yet but I will soon. Hope you had a better night with her lastnight.

Sarah, I wll be sure to grab the paper tomorrow, we usually do anyway. I had a giggle too when I read Fi's comment, thought that she wouldn't want to be up here in Sydney. Poor Zander being scared of the man, you know kid's are great at sensing weird people out

Simone, I only wish my kids would whisper. Seems I have loud mouths. My big boys were like that with haircuts. Not so the little 2, must be like their dad, hair very slow to grow

Tanya, IKWYM with the cossie bottoms too, Tehya has the same issues. Poor skiny butt.

Bec, I use a normal hairbursh on Tehya's hair too, I found the baby ones just didn't go through her hair good enough. Not that she has heaps, probably just a normal ammount for her age, it is getting long at the back but because it curls up still looks short.

Off to the races today for a hen's day. Going to be stinking hot. Lucky I called the girl yesterday, it was supposed to be a fancy dress, 80's style, but isn't anymore. I went in shopping and got myself a new dress, shoes, bangle and a clutch purse. It's a black strapless number with white polka dots, think Grease style. Very nice. Going to get my hair done this morning, thinking of putting it up seeing it is going to be way too hot.

Better get my butt into gear, we are leaving at 10.30. It's going to be a lonnnngggg day, then we are supposed to be going to a pub/club tonight. Don't know if I can do that too. Oh my, I am getting old !!!

Tehya is doing well, her top eye teeth have cut but her bottom are still giving her grief. She has been so sooky lately and the heat is knocking her around. Grabbed Noah from preschool on Thursday, drove 5 minutes to get home, we walked through the door and she spewed everywhere. Her cheeks glow red. Poor bubba.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast