Thread: Babies Born July 16th - 31st 2008

Default Babies Born July 16th - 31st 2008

This thread is for parents who's baby was born July 16th - 31st 2008

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

hi
    I had a little girl, Annabelle Patricia on 16th July. Hopefully some more people show up in this thread!

Pam

Hi pam

I had a little boy Liam Matthew on the 14th July, He was due the 22rd but decided he was coming sooner. I was booked in on the 15th for a c-section but that wasnt soon enough for him. All my Belly belly friends are due anyday now so im hope ill be able to come in this thread as well as my thread. congrats on your little one hun!!

hi Missy
    yeah, I was the last out of my belly buddies to pop, so I'm guessing they'll be in the 1st-15th thread which I'm also keeping an eye on when I have time.

Annabelle has been asleep on and off in her bassinette for an hour or so now. Waiting for her to wake up properly for a feed then we might go for a walk.

Hubby goes back to work next week which scares me a little. No one to palm her off to when she's crying and I need to go to the loo! I'm sure we'll manage though. People do don't they (this is my first in case you couldn't tell ).

Hi Pmccask. Hi Missy.

I had Hayden Alexander on the 19th July. His EDD was the 24th July. He was in a major hurry.

Sorry I didn't join here before, I was a little lost and wasn't sure I was ready to move on from the belly buddy group. Lol

Hope everything is going great with you ladies and your families.

xx

Missy, Tenny & Pmccask,

I had our little princess Isabel Rose on Tuesday 22nd July. Her EDD date was 23rd so she decided to arrive 1 day early!

She is doing well and is a joy each day. I have decided to bottle feed her and is putting on weight each day.

Pmccask
    - My DH goes back to work on Monday too which I don't like but I have some extra support with my MIL and mum being here to help out. Oh and congrats on your little girl Annabelle, such a pretty name.

I look forward to see everyone else from our BB join this forum so that we can all watch our babies grow up together...

Mez

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Yeah we have progressed to a baby buddies group!!!!!!!! I will play in this group and the earlier one as most of my belly buddies group will be here and i am not wanting to give them up!!

Hello to the girls from belly buddies group!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacob Byron was born 8/7/08 at 2132 weight was 3995 grams, length 52 cm and head circumfrance 38 cm!!! EDD was 18/7/08 was induced for PE

Annabelle was one of the girls names we liked we had 4 names and were still talking girls names in labour luckey it was a boy as we had that name set!!

Hey ladies..

Just thought id poke my nose in quickly.

My darling little Keira Ava was born on the 28th July 2008 at 6.21pm, after a 15.5 hour labour. My EDD was the 25th July 2008 and she came fashionably late with my waters breaking that morning at 2.45am.
    She weighed 7lb 12oz/3.530kgs, 51cm long and 35cm head circumfrance.

She is just gorgeous. Am currently switching her over to forumla as BF just isnt for us.. more hassel than its worth (DS was formula fed from 9 days). So currently her main feeds as of last night every 4 hours is forumla and if need be any top ups in between are boob, until we're all sorted. So far its the best decision we've made for her.

Anyways.. still slowly recovering and getting back into the swing of having a newborn. Look forward to enjoying this experience with you all!

Hi all,

We had Maddison on the 27th, her EDD was 7/8/08

Hope everyone's doing well

Hey All..........

I'm gunna join this thread too even tho my boys came 5 weeks 2 days early, I think i'll miss my belly buddies too much if i leave them now.

for the ones who dont know me i'm kristy and my twins were born by emergancy c/sect on the 25th june. labour started / waters broke / placenter ruptured..... but after all the trauma in the beginning i still enjoyed my c/sect. tho i have to admit i enjoyed my first one more.
    Caleb Oliver was 2.580kg and Sebastian Adrian was 2.185kg small but a good premi size. they spent 2 weeks and 2 days in NICU in Penrith hospital.
    they have been feeding well up till now. but recently seb has been fussy and very hungry ie; tonight he had 110mils of EBM and then also was reaching 4 the breast and fed for another 15 mins. his belly must be so full, but he wants it. I'm expressing as well as feeding so i can give bottles when i need to so far its working well.

My eldest son (Ike) is feeling a little left out and misses his mummy, its tough on the older ones.

we all have the flue in our house atm so we are all pritty tired. caleb sleeps nice long stints but seb can be a pain and wants to be held a lot and cries a lot during the night. last night it was from 3.30am till 5am. so im pritty buggered.

I hope to chat a little more than i have been able too latley when DH returns to work on monday. it will be nice to catch up with my Belly Buddies and to get to know everyone else too.

love kristy

Hi all

Awww well back from mums house and Liam is alittle unsettle the last couple of days. he seems to be unsettled around 9pm and takes lots of cuddles to settle him. its ok as its nice. Awww love all the ladies tickers. Geeeee we have some nice looking kids in this thread.

big hello to my bellybelly mates. kell, tenny, kristy,feeb and Ayapi.

Well better head off as callum wants to play and liam in bed.

take care and bbl

Hi girls

Im back!!! still settling in but doing well. Julia was born on Monday at 5.35pm by c/section. She weighed 6 pounds 11 oz (3.02kgs). She is going well, she was very mucousy from the c/section but its settling down. We were feeding well BF but now having issues, she wont attach so currently expressing all feeds until I can see a lactation consultant next week.

Thanks for all your support and best wishes before and while I was in hospital.

Our first born Julia is doing well, she feels ok at the moment only one temper tantrum since we came home yesterday. She is interested in Tara and when she cries she tells me she is crying LOL.

Hi to everyone! I look forward to catching up with all of you again! YAY our first Belly Baby group !!!

Back later girls putting Julia to bed.

Bel
    xxx

Hi ladies..

Thought id pop in and say hi..

We had a good night, for us, last night. With Keira feeding at 12am, 3am, 6am and falling asleep after each feed. Up until now she has been awake all night, thinking thats what you do.. sleep all day party all night. So heres hoping she sticks to thinking night time is for sleeping!

Belle.. good to see you hun.. hehe i think you mean Tara was born on monday

Missy.. seems like a common thing for them to be unsettled in the evening hey. Hope Liam gets past it soon.

Kristy.. glad youre joining us here! Aww poor isaac. Hope we can meet up soon so he and jess can have a play. Jesse's actually going really well with Keira. Since shes been on the bottle its just so much easier. I can let Grahame feed her and spend more time with him, which im loving too. He just gets a little upset when hes in bed at night and she cries or something. Maybea little concerned? But hopefully he'll get use to it soon.

Hi to everyone else! Hope everyones going ok and enjoying their newborns and theyre not keeping you all up too late.

Hi all,

Thought I'd pop in while Isabel is sleeping and see how everyone is doing... So glad that we are all coming across to the baby thread now... I really am looking forward to experiencing the next stage of our journey with everyone. I'm sure that being a first time mummy I'll be asking lots of questions to all you second or third time mums.

A big hello to all

hey all

Welcome back belle and congrats again

yes kell what is it with them. Why cant they be unsettled in the morning and not the night. I do have to admit that when I gave him formular he was alot better then when I gave him breast milk. so now im giving him on formular in the morning and at night now and he seems alot better. also expressing so he is getting 120mls now instead of what ever he was getting when on the booby. Im still doing breast and will try to express till 8 weeks or 6 if I can. How you doing hun??
    Yay on Keira going straight back to sleep too.

Ayapi hey you. Yes its good coming here I agree but just waiting on pixie to have her. I cant wait for her to have her little one as it must be hard hearing all of us talk about our little ones. Im sure you will have heaps of questions hun and I know ive been going back to callums blue book and reading through it as im abit lost too some times...lol. Im sure you will be great hun..

Well better go as callum not well with a cold and he has fallen asleep on the lounge and i feel so bad as im sitting on the computer...

ok take care

was just having a quick lurk on your baby thread.... you guys are so sweet
    I don't mind you talking about your babies at all.... mine will get here.... eventually!
    look forward to joining you all here very soon.

Hi everyone!!

well most of you I already know cos of being in belly buddies together, so I'm looking forward to this transition to actual babies. I know most of us are still posting in the other thread while we wait for Pixie and Lotsa to have their bubs. Still thought I better get in here now, as Georgia is nearly 2 weeks old. Which reminds me, Mez happy 2 weeks for little Isabel.

So for those I don't know, my name is Jess, and Georgia Mae was born on 24 July. She was born the day before her due date, and was 47 cm long, and weighing in at 2.76 kilos. She was born naturally, and is breast feeding well. although my bb's are a bit tender. she is sleeping very well at night, going up to 5 and a half hours between feeds, so about 4 and a half hours without waking, but is very restless around 8:30 - 10:30pm. I think she gets some wind after a build up of eating all day. I had my second appointment with the health nurse today, and she is putting on weight really well. After losing more than 10% in hospital she had put all that back on (about 350 gm) by last Friday, and has put on another 145gm in the last 4 days. she now weighs just under 3 kilos.

Anyway I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you all, I gotta go sleep before the midnight feed. so be back tomorrow.

Hello..........I'm multi tasking and have ike on the boob while typing.

sounds like everyone's bubs are night owls. mine included. well seb is anyway. he can get quite unsettled at night. or should i say about the 2am ish feed. at least they are not waking each other up yet.

we are almost over all our colds now so i hope to have more energy now.

Jess- you sound like your doing well. isaac used to get wind at night too. it mush be everything settling for the night. maybe just a guess.

come on pixie we are waiting wont be long,

missy we should catch up again soon, i'm getting good at shopping. if only i could see over the top of the pram.

Ayapi- turns out even 2nd time round is confusing. we can help each other.

kell- im up 4 coffee and shopping when you are. i miss our outings.

hi bell, skittlebub, feeb, Tennykins, pmccask, how you going?

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast