Thread: Babies Born July 1st - 15th 2008

Default Babies Born July 1st - 15th 2008

This thread is for parents who's baby was born July 1st - 15th 2008

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Hey Ladies,

Bella Grace was born naturally on Monday 14th July at 1pm after 12+ long hours of posterior labour, which was brought on 9days after her due date with an induction involving Prostin Gel and later the drip...

We left hospital 25hrs after she was born on the 15th July, which happens to have been my birthday. We are all still a little overwhelmed that Bella has finally arrived, and can not seem to find much time without her being the centre of attention, which is just fine by us.

Can not wait to see who is going to join us here - seeing that many of us went early/late and are still holding onto our belly buddies threads... I figured that it was time to move forward... So here I am!

I am sure that someone will join me soon.... Just as soon as their arms are free of a baby and their eyes will stay open long enough to post.

Hi Naomi
    Our little boy Jackson arrived on the 2nd July 08, one day after my birthday, and 8 days after his due date.
    We were supposed to be induced on the 1st July (my bday - i know!!) but they were short of staff. So after a week of getting our hopes up that we would have our bub it wasnt meant to be. But after all the stress of the day I went into labour about 11pm that night, ending up at the hospital about 5 the next morning. Little Jackson then arrived at 12pm on the dot so all in all a pretty short and sweet labour.

He is a very calm baby and sleeps a lot, hence me having time to write this!!
    We staying in for four days as it is our first and we needed a little time to adjust!

Anyways must go - washing to be done etc etc
    hope to see more mummys in here soon.
    case xo

Hi Case,

My daughter arrived the day before my birthday and 9 days after her due date.
    I actually had the option of holding out for the induction on my birthday, but decided that I could not wait the additional 24hrs due to just being totally exhausted.

Bella is also a fantastic calm baby. Will no doubt be spending more time on here over the coming days and weeks, just trying to get through all of the visitors at the moment.

Look forward to hearing more about you and little Jackson over the coming weeks and months.

Hi, Case and Naomi,

I thought I would come in here and introduce myself. I started in the June 16-30 thread by my dd Reaghan arrived 9 days post edd by induction, on the 4th July.

She is a fairly setteld baby though the past few days she has not been, I think she has a stomach bug as she has been throwing up after every 3rd feed and realy windy.

On the sleep side of things she only sleeps in our bed at night, during the day in her bouncer or on a pillow she wont have a bar of her bassinet at all.

Hope to see more people join this group soon.

hey sweatpea
    nice to see you in here - we both started in the June 16 - 30 thread - but we both went over!!
    funny that Reaghan hates the bassinet! picky lil things arent they!
    jackson won't feed properly if he has a wet mouth.. i have to wipe it for him before he'll go back on..

case xx

Default Etta - 06/07/08

Our gorgeous baby Etta arrived on July 6, two days after her due date. She weighed in at 3.57kg (7lb 14oz) and 51cm long.

We had a dream birth after a 4 hour labour. We called the hospital after 2 hours of contractions at 5 minutes apart. We were told that as it was our first that I probably wasn't dilated enough and that they'd send me home. So I stayed home until I was 3 minutes apart which happened within ten minutes. The car ride was just awful. At the hospital everything went in slow motion as they didn't think I was very close. After faffing about they finally examined me to find I was 8cms dilated. Off to the labour room and into the shower. Everything in me was saying push ... the midwife threatened to put me on gas and she just wanted me to breath through it. I was 10cms before the bath had filled and next thing Etta is coming through. The obstetrician made it for the third stage without syntocin which he didn't endorse. Still after it all and with no intervention Etta and I were calm, alert and of course incredibly happy.

We did a fair bit of preparation which included doing Calmbirth - the midwives were amazed at how in control I was and how the baby was just simply breathed out.

I feel so lucky to have had a great birth ... She's been a joy to date and we are looking forward to seeing her grow up before us.
    Last edited by Ells; September 20th, 2008 at 10:09 AM.

Hi ladies

Im meant to be in the 16th - 30th July and will go back and forward as all my friends are in there from bellybelly group. I hope I can do that and you all wont mind.

I was Due to have my son on the 22rd July and was booked in for a c-section on the 15th July but Liam Matthew decided he wanted to come on the 14th. I went into nat labour and had him by spinal block c-sec at 6.09pm, 14th July, weighing 7lb 2oz, 49.5cm long and HC 35cm.

Liam is my 3rd child. I have a 14 1/2 year old DD Melissa and a DS Callum 2 1/2. Melissa was naturally concieved and Callum and Liam were IVF.

Anyway nice to come in and see you and look forward to meeting more ladies

bye for now

Hi Missy and Else welcome to this thread,

Hi everyone else,

How is everyone going? I have finally got Reaghan to sleep in her basinete which means I have had better sleep to. At night she goes in there at around 9pm wakes up around 1am for a feed I put her back in after that and when she wakes for the next feed she stays in bed with us. First night meant she did not get into our bed till 4am so was happy with that though last night she feed at 1am. 2 am, 4am, 6am and then 830am so a bit tired now. But she is settling better.

Hope everyone else is going ok and there littles ones are sleeping for them at night.

Hey Sweetpea,

Bella is in her basinette at the start of the night now too. Unfortunately she refuses to go back to sleep after her 2am feed without loads of cuddles and I find that I do not have the energy to remove her from our bed because I am resigned to the fact that she will be wanting another feed at 3am (10mins comfort suck) and 4am (10 minutes on the other side) followed by a real feed at 6am before sleeping until 8am.

I was looking for info on sleeping patterns for babies and basically have come to the conclusion that until aprox 12wks this is just going to be how it is..... little sleep and demand feeding.

Bella is 2 weeks old today. It feels sureal. I wish that I could stop the clock and have a few extra moments to simply gaze at her, she is growing before my eyes.

Back to working a little during the day (I work from home) and Bella loves snuggling in the baby bjorn at the moment and listening to the keyboard chatter.... Just hope it lasts for a little while.

House work is not getting done - but i do not really care!

Hope everyone is well. I wonder when BellyBelly will close off our Belly Buddy groups... Figure we will have an influx of people posting once we are kicked out of our initial groups.

Hi ladies

liam is 2 weeks today and how time is flying by. He is such a good baby, feeds, sleep, settles very well.

sweetpea678 I have been pretty lucky as Liam has been in his basinette since birth and in his own room. I have a angle monitor so that relaxes me and I can get a good night sleep.

Both my other 2 kids were windy babies but Liam is fab, ((((touch wood))))...lol

We are in a pattern already. I feed him about 10.30-11pm and then he will wake anywhere from 2-3 then again at 6-9. So really he is only waking once a night as im up for the 10.30-11 feed. Im pretty lucky with this one thank god.

Ok ladies take care

Oh can the babies see us yet. I cant remember. I know their eye colour doesnt change untill 6 weeks.

Hi Ladies

Just thought i would pop in introduce my self and say hi. DS - Cooper Miles was born on the 9th July (his EDD) 8lb 6oz, 56cm long and HC 37cm he was born via emergency C/S. At the moment he is BF on demand which can range from every 2hrs - a wonderful 4hrs. I honestly dont know how mothers survive on such little sleep, but i have learnt that we just do some how. Being our first child DH and i are definately learning alot.

Gtg DS wants a feed.

- sarah

hi all
    good to hear that everyone is coping very well with the new little angels!

My little fellas Jackson is 4 weeks tomorrow! He is getting so big now and has a real great little personality coming out. hes very stubborn though!
    He has had and ear infection so was not happy bubby but is better now.
    Sleeping well - sometimes from 11pm - 5.15am like last night! Stoked and feeling happy about that!
    must go hes awake for a cuddle.

xo

Hi all,

I too started in the June thread, Lachlan was due the 29th of June, He decieded to make his arrival on the 6th July at 7:47pm after a 55 minute labour.
    Lachlan came on his own, YEAH ( have been induced with my DD and DS1)
    weighed 7lb 1 oz and was 50 cm long with a head full of long jet black hair.

he now weighs in at 4kg and is 53.5 cms long. A good baby, pretty placid and sleeping well.

Hi all,

Naomi, even the start makes a huge differeence hey, I am so much more relaxed in the day now that I can get some better sleep.

Missy that sounds pretty good with your bubs sleeping habits, I have my kids in my room till there between 18months and 2years. As this in number 3 for me and 7 intotal not in rush to put in another room as that would mean sharing with at least one other kid or 3 depending on the week etc.

Tan32 glad to hear all going well with Lachlan, he is growing well. I have not had reagan weighed since she was 2 1/2 weeks old and not going till untill she is 6 weeks.

Case your bub sounds settled already would love Reaghan to sleep that long but not to be yet.

anyone i have missed hope all is going well.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Hello all thought I would come in and say Hi will go between here at other July group as most of my belly buddies are in there!!

Jacob Byron was born 8/7/08 at 2132 weight was 3995 grams, length 52 cm and head circumfrance 38 cm!!! EDD was 18/7/08 was induced for PE emerg cs after 14 hrs of labour as he was posterior and head was deflexed and labour obstructed at 9cm!!!

sweetpea678 jacob also does not sleep in basinet will sleep sometimes at night in pram otherwise with me on my chest and then when dh goes to work i put him down on his side!!

Alyssa Grace was born 1 day before EDD on the 14th july. pretty easy labour and delivery. got my wish of delayed cord clamping and delivering the placenta naturally did have the shot after that to shush the midwife up tho.. 8 mins pushing the bub outt, 15mins waiting for the placenta! happy happy!

Left the hospital after 24hrs... glad i left.. wish i had ear plugs for everytime the midwife told me 'the ones who go home early ALWAYS have feeding problems' (how they figure that when its early days, what bub n mum dont have feeding probs in those first few days anyways?! plus bub was tongue tied)

Alyssa was smaller than her big sister weighing 8lb 2oz, 50cm length, 35cm head circ. Was born tongue tied which gave my nipples absolute HELL!!! Had cracked and bleeding nipples by day 2! got some hero nipple shields and used them off/on till they both healed up. Got the tongue snipped a week ago and feeding has been bliss since. Feeding sometimes every hour or two or three or four or five(rare but at night its lovely) She seems to do a bit of a squirt of poo in each nappy i change.. she seems to like to save them up for a complete nappy and all job!!(even with huggies it goes everywhere)

With bub and i coming home early i opted to have 3 home visits by the visiting midwives and then had one with the MCHN. The visiting midwives were a bit nicer than my MCHN.. i think im fine on my own, went thru the GP with tia when she was little.. So wondering alot of whether its worth it.. (my GP is only a short walk away) hubby says shes just concerned bout Alyssa and i should go.. but if im fine with how Alyssa is going why do i have to go to convince someone else? MCHN has said shes fine if i want to go GP... i asked if i could do one of their come in and weigh days and apparently i have to go to one of their formal appts before that.. (sorry bout the rant) If its one thing i hate its inflexibilty and 'procedure'. whats everyone else opted to do?
    Last edited by dust; August 7th, 2008 at 04:16 PM.

omg sweetpea678 did you say number 7..lol how does this work.

Well hello all

Awwww my little boy is a piggy. He has put on just over 450grms in 9 days. OMGOSH that is huge.

All was ok but she didnt like that fact that I had exspressed and told me to try the booby again and also get some thickening stuff to give him before feeds to stop him chucking. Well I did try him on the boob again and he did nothing but cry. He was pulling at the nipple and coming off and screaming. I think he is use to the teets on the bottles..arrrrgg... Im not going to stress out about it and ive decided im only going to express till I get his needles done. 8 weeks. The thickening powder worked. He didnt chuck up at all when I put it in him bottle. YAY. Im so happy. He is drinking 120mls and has been for about a week. HC was 36.5 so up .5cm and length same.

Some photos ive taken last night

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8547

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8546

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8545

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8544

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8543

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8542

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8541

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8540

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast