Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 1st - 15th 2008

Oh Jules - If only we could stop time and keep them little for a little longer! Darren got home from night shift last night at 3am ish and found Bella in bed with me.... wearing a 000 outfit. He was distraught. The fact that the outfit was still too big for her was irrelevant to him - just the fact that you could see her coming out each end of it was enough to prove that she has grown.

I hope that everything is going relatively smoothly for you now that your DH is back at work. I know that it was a shock to my system to have Darren back at work after 2 weeks. But he is the one who will be in for a shock this Sunday when I have to cover a night shift! Eeeek - I don't want to go back to work!

Dust - I am glad to hear that the boobie/milk rag trick is working to settle your little bundle to sleep! I would have gone insane if I had not learnt that little gem from the first baby.

Glad to see that we seem to be migrating over to this thread now. Was hard splitting time between 2 threads when I only seem to have enough time to pop on and quickly skim the surface as it is!

kareng Guest

Hi Ladies
    I'm pretty new to all this forum stuff, so bear with me.

I am a new mum to Riley 5 weeks old tomorrow. He was born on 5th July after a 30 hour labour. But who can remember all that gory stuff now.

He is sleeping like an angel most days, and a monster at night.
    But hubby is still home from work, and helping out a lot.
    So I am still pretty sain, I think.

Riley has put on 1.25kg since birth. He is on the bottle and a little pig.

Look forward to chatting to you all. I'm trying to add an image, but having some techo problems, will keep tyring.

Karen

Hi Jules & Naiomi,

I gave birth on 8th July via emergency caesar to a beautiful baby girl, Grace Charlotte Rose, 8.5 pounds, 47 cm's.

She is a lovely baby sleeps all night, have had a few issues with her losing weight, putting on weight etc she is a little piggy! Am breastfeeding and she also has a bottle straight after. She is so beautiful like a little doll, I couldn't believe I got to take her home!

Hope you are both well, congrats on your arrivals!

Rachelle

Hi all, been missing in action for a week as we had paed appt and gyno appt in Mackay (3 hours away). Just a fleeting visit sorry, so sorry for no personals. I am following the Tizzie Hall routine for Riley and just started so trying to get it all happening. Really need a routine this time and a good one at that, having a toddler and all!

My appt went well, wound is had healed really well this time. Had a papsmear and find out results in 3 weeks. So hopefully it is still only low grade or even disappeared - NOW WOULDN'T THAT BE GR8.

Riley's appt didn't go so well. I have just been told by paed he has a heart murmor. This has really put a good run to a negative spin. Not only has he got a belly button hernia, tongue tie, hyraceal (fluid on the testicals), but now a god dam HEART MURMOR. Poor tyke. I need to do some research to find out if I should be worrying or not! I guess I am just guilt ridden atm! Wondering what I did wrong when I was pregnant. And also wondering if other things are going to pop up with his health in the future. I know I should be positive, but I just feel ordinary - like I have caused these things. Sorry for the downer gals, just needed to vent!

Hi all.

Have had a few hectic days with Lachlan, he has been a very hungry boy, i ended up giving him a bottle of formula yesterday afternoon as he was on the breast every 2 hours and he was still taking an hour to feed. In the end he drank 160mls the little piggy. Since then though he has settled back down and today we have had 3 hourly and 4 hourly feeds. It seems he just has days when he is hungry.
    Life is haze of feeding and dropping kids of at school and kindy but we are doing better then i expected with us only being late to school once and that was only as Hamish had a bout of vomiting. Arghhhh he is good now but has a touch of the i am 4 and i have a new baby brother so every one pay atention to me now.
    Emma has been fantastic, even changing a few dirty nappies.
    Dh is good and loves to have his cuddles, he has recently started doing overtime again at work so im on my own from 6:30 am to 7pm and then half a day on Saturday.

Shereejoy: I hope Riley's heart mumour is nothing to be to concerned over. I have a heart mumour that only shows up when i am sick or pregnant, other then that it doesnt bother me, so hoping Riley's is similar.

Rachelle: It sounds like Grace is doing well.

Karen: Hi and welcome congratulations on the birth of Riley

Naomi08: I know what you mean about them growing, Stewart and i put a 000 outfit on Lachlan today and it fitted him, when he came home from hospital he was in 00000's. Time has flown.

Well take care ladies

Hi all,

Hope everyone is settling in well.

Me. Well after a week of Reaghan sleeping in her bassinet that came to an end last sunday so back to co sleeping only, gonna try the bassinet again this weekend. Had some good nights were she has slept for 5 hours but others were she feeds evey 2 hours and takes 30 min to feed so averaging 1 and half sleep inbetween. Durring the day she is starting to settle better.

Missy to answer your question of 7 how does that work.

I have 4 step kids, DSS 20, DSD 18, DSS 16, DSD 13, then my two DD's 8 and 5 and then an ours which is Reaghan 5 weeks. They don't all live with us my two and bub pretty much full time. My two see there dad every second weekend and we get the 2 younger step kids every third weekend and half the school holidays. The two older ones come for visits as they are at uni.

My first week home was hectic as had 5 kids here including bub so full on. Settled down now school is back and all.

Tan32, I wish Reaghan had started out that small to be in 00000's but she started in 0000's for 2 weeks but mainly in 000's and still is she fits them and some are still big, I have not had her weighed since she was 11 days old though I stood on the scales with her the other day and I would say she is 5 kilo or so now and has grown 2cm we measured her at home. Not looking forward to her growing up she started out so much bigger than my other 2. Hoping that she wont grow to quick lol.

Cheers
    Last edited by sweetpea678; August 9th, 2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: add info.

Hey everyone

I'm migrating to this page from our other July one - it's only taken me a month! I guess I was never good at jumping into changes!

My partner (known to all as Bondy) and I had our darling girl - Jessica Lily - on 8th July at 7.19am. Can't believe she's over a month old now!

Our weekend is going pretty well - got MIL up for a week and it's already driving me insane! don't get me wrong - she's a lovely lady, but we had been "warned" by one of Bondy's sisters that she's getting dementia and although we have experienced it on the phone, we haven't seen it in person til now!

OMG - there are only so many times you can repeat answers to the same question before you do your head in!! Poor Bondy is copping it pretty bad at the moment, and because it's his mum he's struggling a bit! but, he was at work on Friday and then has a course to go to tomorrow and Tuesday so it's just me and MIL!

Jess is going super well. her smiles are as gorgeous as ever and I love getting them! She's a month old now - where did that time go??? She's doing better now with the constipation too - for those of you who may experience it in future, I have tried Coloxyl drops (get them over the counter at the chemist) and when that didn't work, the doctor suggested prune juice mixed in with her bottle. That didn't work either so I gave her prune juice diluted in water - still nothing. THEN I got told about a magical thing - 60ml water and 1/2 tsp raw sugar. Put sugar in bottle, add boiling water to dissolve the sugar and leave it til it's cool, then give it to the baby!

It's the **** (literally!!!) Within an hour Jess was all unblocked and happy as again! I'm going to finish this tin of S26 for babies with reflux, and then I'm putting her on the normal S26 and see how we go there!

Not much else to report this end. I'm going to be visiting this page as well as the other July page so you'll see me round!

Hope all is going well. Take care.

xoxo

Hi all,
    thought id take the opportunity to hop on while the kids are playing out the back and Lachlan is asleep.
    Sweetpea678: Lachlan is the smallest of my babies, his big brother was a bruiser and started out in 000's then piled on 500grams a week for the first few weeks , he really didnt seem to be a baby long at all.
    So we are really enjoying having a little baby, although looking at Lachlan today his checks have filled out.

Locchie is having some times were he gets really grumpy on the breast and groans and carries on, i find i have to take him off , hold him up and then try again. I think he will have a bit of a temper if things dont go right, a bit like Hamish really.
    I am hanging out for him to start smiling, i can see his eyes change(light up) but no smile there yet.
    Stewy(DH) thinks he is wonderful and grabs cuddles as often as possibkle, its great to see as he didnt seem as involved with Hamish.

Well back to watching the olympics for me, take care all.

hi guys
    havent been in for a while, sounds like everyone is doing great though.

Jackson will be 6 weeks on wednesday - time has flown by.
    He has stacked on the weight and two weeks ago weighed 4.52kg. He was 3.93 when born but had milk supply issues and dropped to 3.3kg in hospital - so we are stoked with his progress in that department. Hes mainly on the bottle now (S26 gold) and has a couple of breastfeeds a day as well... slowly just onto bottles though.

He sleeps well at night and has a good feed - play - sleep routine happening during the day which is great!!

DP is also loving it - though hes sleeping at the moment - not sure exactly what hes tired from as I am getting up in the night and then again around 5.30 - 6 - ggrrrrr (sorry had to vent!).

Hope all continues to go well. Six week check tomorrow for us.will do personals next time, must go make some bottles up or I will be sorry!

Case xo

hi all,

I hope everyone is going well, and had a good weekend.

Had a few nights of better sleep not longer but more settled, only managed to get Reaghan in her bassinet for one night sleep better than none. She is going fairly well though still has not realy settled into anytype of routine that you can pick. She feeds from any where from 2 hours to 5hours, it will be nice when I can predict it a bit more.

I made myself a maitai baby carrier and tried it out last week it worked great a bit tricky to get on but am learning.

Looking forward till tommorrow and the next 4 days as hubby will be home, he works 4 on 4 off as he works for the Ambulance service here as a Ambulance support officer. Which means shift work, and when he on nights makes it hard.

I hope everyone has a good week.

~*Kris*~ Guest

Hi all!
    My little man Riley was born on the 1st July after 16 hours of labour, one day before his EDD and the day before his daddys birthday!
    We have been very lucky as he is a total angel, very calm and got himself into a routine pretty much from day dot! put down to sleep at around 9-10 in his bassinet besides our bed, wakes for a feed between 2 -3 then goes straight back down for a sleep till around 6 when he wakes for cuddles in the bed with us till around 7.
    I cant believe he is nearly 6 weeks old! It still feels like he was only born yesterday!
    Anyway must go, hope everyones bubs are doing well and look forward to keeping in touch in the future!!
    Kris

Ohhh another little Riley, congrats and welcome.

Hi everyone,

Tan we had our bubs on the same day! I was at the hospital at 7.15 am as my waters broke at 6am exactly but it took them until about 4 15 to get the Caesar organised.

Gracie had a bad case of colic on Sat night, was so upset for her as she screamed for hours then I got her on some wind drops which seem to be helping!

Sheree sorry to hear about all of the problems with bubs. I am sure you did nothing wrong in your pregnancy it's just the hand we get dealt so don't be hard on yourself.

Hope everyone is going well I am so tired when bubs is active all day, she is so alert I don't get much done and not much time to rest!

Take care everyone!

Rachelle

Hi all.

Stars69: yeah we have baby birthday buddies.

I took Lachlan to get weighed today with the baby nurse at the local chemist, i was shocked, Lachlan weighed 5.260kg. Mind you he did have a wet nappy on. and he measured 56.5 cms no wonder he is growing out of his clothes. He is growing so fast.

It seems its our turn now for constipation, poor Lochie hasnt pood for a few days now, and although i know its common for breast fed bubs to go along time between poos, he is very uncomfortable and groaning an awful lot, he goes red in the face and all that comes out is some rather smelly air.
    WE have been trying the sugar and water and also coloxyl drops, still no action. I think we will be in for a big mess when he finally goes again poor mite. He is really unsettled in the afternoons now, but still sleeping well at night so i can handle the i just want you to hold me for hours sessions.

Hi all.

I took Lachlan to get weighed today with the baby nurse at the local chemist, i was shocked, Lachlan weighed 5.260kg. Mind you he did have a wet nappy on. and he measured 56.5 cms no wonder he is growing out of his clothes. He is growing so fast.

It seems its our turn now for constipation, poor Lochie hasnt pood for a few days now, and although i know its common for breast fed bubs to go along time between poos, he is very uncomfortable and groaning an awful lot, he goes red in the face and all that comes out is some rather smelly air.
    WE have been trying the sugar and water and also coloxyl drops, still no action. I think we will be in for a big mess when he finally goes again poor mite. He is really unsettled in the afternoons now, but still sleeping well at night so i can handle the i just want you to hold me for hours sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by tan32 View Post
    Hi all.

Gosh I didn't realise bf bubs could go that long without pooing. Omg, my child grunts and groans and struggles and yet he still does so many a day it is not funny. I think when he poos he is releasing alot of his wind too! He just struggles so badly. Hope Lachlan poos for you soon hun.

Riley was also weighed today. He now weighs 5.54kgs at 6.5 weeks old and is 59cm long in length.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars69 View Post
    Gracie had a bad case of colic on Sat night, was so upset for her as she screamed for hours then I got her on some wind drops which seem to be helping!
    It is horrible when they are that upset hey. What wind drops are you using?

Hi all,
    Still no poos, well we did have signs of one yesterday but more like a skid mark in his nappy.

I had him weighed yesterday he weighed in at 5.260kgs although he had a wet nappy on so i would say around 5kgs, thats about a kilo in the last two weeks. He now measures 56.5cms so all good for 5 weeks old.
    Well we are off to see the doctor about the no poo issue. I just dont think he is right.

Take care all

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast