Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #11

Hi all,
    Kate, try hanging on and going natural, its better for you and bubs ( and the big boofas arent tooo bad to push out LOL, what was Kelsey again??? ) I too would avoid the csec if possible, especially if you want more bub's in a short time. I would love to go on the list for the mattel visit too, if it doesnt clash with my big anniversary plans for next april.

Bel, I would not only cease the swimming lessons IMMEDIATELY but I would also demand my money back, they are NOT supposed to terrify your child!!!!!!! Sorry I have no idea about the tests, I have only ever used 3 pg tests, no OPK's or anything.

Hay Heres a hoping for you, but not me!!!!!

Deb, Oh sweetheart, you must be feeling so dissapointed, maybe its a warmup for the real deal to happen VERY soon!!!! I too looked at your site, and love the piccies, you all look so very happy and much in love with each other ( all three of you)

Hope you are all well, and all the little ( or not so little ) bubbas are joyous.

Hi!

Brooke, great for you that Maya went well at childcare. The party sounded like a success and good that you got some help too. The story with my pregnancy test was that I actually didn't do a pregnancy test but one of those stupid ovulation tests instead. It was a very dumb accident on my part, and I blame my Danish skills, and being too hasty!

Bel- yes I was excited, but also terrified, it is a bit daunting when you realise there is no escape from the next 9 months and at the end of it is....well after childbirth there is a beautiful baby. But the good news is we get our Australia trip in Jan so we are happy. I don't know about maybe baby but I know from last month the OPKs always show me as ovulating! So I can't help sorry.

Vanita - yep thankfully we're in love here! DH is mushy all the time as you can tell from the blog!

Great that you all enjoy Al's blog!

Kate- Gee that must be a worry for you about bub being too big to deliver naturally, I hope that the ultrasound puts your mind at ease and you can birth a healthy 10 pounder when he or she is ready. Were you also a big baby or DH?

DH is away and Al has been sooo clingy, I can't leave the room for a minute without tears. So I'm off to do some jobs before Al wakes ... we are on one sleep a day now and its only 1.5 hours.

Just to announce that Al is sitting here eating an apple! AND drinking his water from the cup with a straw! *big boy* (thanks Hayseed the calf drinker method worked!)

LOL...my pleasure!! Glad it worked Deb!

Well, Pup will be the BIG 1 tomorrow. I have to admit to being a bit teary about it too. Stupid huh? I guess it took so long for us to get pg and stay pg and now the first year has just blown by and now I look at him and he is a little boy. Not a baby anymore. He is starting to exert his independance and buggar off to anyone who tries to help! I am so glad that we have a digital camera and have taken 100's of photos of him throughout the year. I was looking at them yesterday and today (see why below) and all those memories came flooding back. Especially the ones of his birth. Oh dear, I'm snivelling again.....!!!!

As to why I was looking at his photos; I have done a few posters of him for his birthday. I got some big A0 size card from the newsagents and I have broken them up into "Birth", "up to 3 months", "3 - 6 months", "6 - 9 months" "9 months to 1st birthday". for each one, I have put corrosponding photos and snippets of info (eg: I laughed for the first time, I had solids for the first time, I have 2 teeth etc..). I have kept a diary since I was pg and everytime something of note happens, (such as a tooth appearing), I write it down. So it wasn't that hard to get all the info together. Just time consuming. Anyway, it's done now and I also decorated a party hat for him in the primary colours of his invitation. I am going to completely update his website, so I'll put photos of the posters on there. I'll let you all know.

I got the fright of my life today. And this harks back to the conversation of Kates about forgetting to put the sides up ont he cot. I put Pup down for his sleep this morning and then went outside to mow the lawns. I came back inside about 40 mintues later and went in his bedroom and there was NO BABY IN THE COT!!!!:eek: I nearly died. I tentatively looked beside on side of the cot and no baby. I called out his name and saw his head pop up around the other side of the cot where he was quite happily playing with some toys. When I looked around the room, he had been having a wonderful time and the change table contents (creams, cotton buds, nappies etc) were EVERYWHERE. I then could not recall what I had done - I was still in a state of shock. But I remember putting him in the cot and giving him a toy to play with. I thought I put the side up on the cot, but I couldn't have, as there is no way he could get the side down himself (I don't think). So he's obviously fallen out or climbed out somehow. I reckon he's toppled out 'cause he can't stand by himself yet, so I can't see he climbing out. OMG!! But, tough buggar that he is, there was no evidence of tears, no attempt to get out of the room (he could have just opened the door which was ajar), and not a scratch, bump or bruise on him. Maybe he levitated out of the cot!?? At any rate, I've checked on him 10 times tonight. And his afternoon sleep was uneventful. I was so upset - I felt like a terrible mum and I cried to my mum.

And I am in the TWW (not that I feel I deserve another baby after what happened today!)

OHH! That would have been a shock you poor thing. what a worry when you couldn't see him.

Reminds me about when my mum lost my youngest sister once (she was the last of 5 so was probably left to her own devices a lot). After searching the house, she found her asleep in a drawer!!! I think mum had a few heart attacks in that search too.
    So don't blame yourself Hayseed, it happens,he's alright and you're not a bad mum!

Can't wait to see what you did with the photos.

I'm having some technical problems printing my photos for Al's album, the printer is not doing it right and DH isn't back until monday

I am the first to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUP

Hay, that would have been a BIG shock, I would still be hyperventilating. I think I did this with the twins, as I dont put the side down with Dion or Rianna ( well she has them down all the time now, so she can get in and out til she gets her bed for her bday) That way I never forget, Sounds gorgeous with the photos, I feel like the worse mum, I kept a diary with the twins of my pg, and one of those baby books, I started a pg diary with Rianna - never finished it and bought a baby book - never filled anything in. I bought a pg diary with Dion and it had one entry and I've never got around to even buying a baby book ( kept saying I should) So THAT is a ROTTEN mother !!!!:mad:
    Good luck for the TWW

Deb I am not computer literate either, and frequently have to get DH to "fix" things for me, LOL

Brooke, sorry for not feeling well, Happy vibes to you!!! WTG Maya on having a good 1st day at childcare!!!!!

Kate I think Ive experienced nearly every type of labour LOL, Induction isnt too bad (IMO) big babys are not too bad, csec's suck LOL. But yep I wouldnt want an 11 pder either!!! If they are big, bubs early are not too bad, jaundice is the only real issue my early brds had ( and the not so early one LOL) I would be saying induce ( or seduce ) me at 38 weeks

Well Dion is walking more and more without noticing, he just goes from the couch across the room to the toy box ( about 7 steps ) and is happy walking beside me holding onto one hand, so wont be long. Darn rotter is always in my cupboards though, yanking stuff everywhere!!!

belmarks Guest

so pi$$ed off, Coby just deleted a HUGE post I had

So just a quick

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THOMAS - HAVE A GREAT DAY

From us,

I had heaps more to add, but don't have time now.....Thanks Coby!!

Hi girls, just a quickie from me.

OMG Hay, that would have been so scary not seeing him in the cot!! What a good boy playing with his toys. Good luck for a BFP. Happy birthday Thomas!!

Kate I hope you are feeling better. Enjoy your mums group 1st birthday party today. Im sure you will be fine birthing your baby. Kelse was a big baby and you had her naturally.

Deb Im sorry that AF arrived, those tests can be so confusing. I love your website and Al is such a cutie!!

Brooke I am so glad Maya had a good day at Childcare and her party went so well.

Vanita WTG Dion walking more steps.

Hi Bel & Rachel

Amy had a great birthday on Tuesday. We went to the Pancake Parlour for lunch. We gave her a ride on car which she loves. It has a handle on the back so we can push her around. Have lots to do to prepare for Amys party on Saturday and DH has almost finished the cake.

Have a great day!

Argh!!! All day Tuesday I was trying to work out whose birthday it was and I couldn't remember. Sorry to have forgotten you Amy.
    Happy Belated 1st Birthday Amy!!!!

Happy 1st Birthday Pup for today! Have a great day.

OMG Hay, I couldn't imagine going to the cot and finding no baby. It was 'just one of those things' so don't sweat about it. He's proven to you he's fine. I know now that you wont forget to make sure the side is up! I've done things like taht before and it becomes a permanent reminder. for your TTW.

Kate, I'm so sorry you've been sick again. This pg has been so much harder for you than Kelsey's hasn't it? Hang in there honey, you'll have a gorgeous new little one before you know it.

Deb, sorry to hear about your false BFP. I can only imagine how tricky it is with the OPK and the HPT looking similar. I dread how much I wont be able to understand when we get to Paris next week. My french sucks so I'm going to be really struggling. I hope you get your BFP very soon. LOL @ your sister falling asleep in a drawer.

Brooke, great to hear Maya had a good first day at day care. I initially hated dropping Viv off at care when she was little. Although I'd always get there early so I could drop her off, walk out, then watch through the window how quickly she got over that I wasn't there and started having fun. Maya is having fun during the day too, I bet. Glad the move went well for you too.

Vanita, Dion sounds exactly like Blake with his walking. He stands and walks between funiture and across the room and doesn't notice it. When he starts to get tired he falls to his bum a lot. He's really doing so well. Next meet they'll be running around together.

Coby, please leave mummy alone when she's typing big posts on BB. She needs her time with the girls, then she can play with you. Say hi to her from Blake and I.

Not much news from us. We hit the Kmart toy sale this morning. Bought lots of stuff including a FP Ocean Aquarium thing. I'm hoping that this will help Blake with his night sleeping although I didn't realise it needed batteries. Gotta go out and get them later!

As I said before, Blake's walking heaps now. He lets go of the furniture and just takes off. He certainly spends more time on his feet than his knees although plenty of it is still holding furniture/walls. I think he must have had a wonder week too as he's all of a sudden understanding stuff, responding to our signing more and being able to let us know what he wants better. It's great being able to understand him.

We had a party for Blake at playgroup yesterday. It was wonderful. Some of the mum's brought presents for Blake which was totally unexpected. We also had cake, fruit, chocolate crackles and cheezels. The kids had a ball playing with the balloons and stuffing their faces with junk! Blake - as all 1 yo's do - didn't really get the whole gist of it, but he had fun unwrapping the presents and playing with the paper. He's really been spoilt rotten.

*whispers* We're off to Paris in a week. I don't want to say it too loudly after last time when it was postponed a week out from departure. Now that the kids parties are all finished (yesterday's was the last) I can start washing all their clothes and putting them in a case to take to my mums. I've got to revise my list to take as the weather up to 30 over there as opposed to 24-ish which is what it was a month ago. At least all my clothes are clean and ready to pack as I haven't been wearing my summer clothes lately!

We may also end up taking my SIL. John's sister is having a few problems. It's a bit of a weird situation. I guess she's having a bit of a breakdown. The stress of her job and probably other stuff too have got to her. She's been off work for 7 weeks and is on what I can only describe as 'legal' speed and plenty of other drugs, she's seeing a shrink and trying to get her act together. We're all pretty worried about her. John's mum has been staying with her for about a week but MIL is 70+ and really not up to it. John and I talked last night and we're going to suggest to his parents that if they think it's a good idea, she can come away with us to get away from it all and 'regroup'. So much for our 'honeymoon' but I guess you've gotta help family when they need you. Not sure if his parents will like the idea (they'll be paying for her trip/expenses - not that that's an issue) they might just prefer to have her close to home. Not sure if I want a 'tripping' SIL with us, but I'm hoping it may help her as she really needs to get back into the real world (and I'm not talking getting away from the 'net. I only wish I was!)

Oh, I'm rambling now. Thanks for listening.

Thanks girls for you birthday wishes for my little man. We have been slowly doling out the presents over the course of the day so he isn't too overwhelmed. We had a lunch with just us and the grandparents today, so they got to spend some time with him and give him their presents. Sunday will be just too busy for them to spend individual time with him.

DH gave him a ride on tractor this morning and it is a HUGE hit. He can't operate it by himself, but loves going over to it. This arvo, I gave him that Fisher Price Baby Grand Piano and it is also a huge hit. He is dancing and laughing and squeeling...good stuff! He's got a couple of other stuff from us, but we might even give them to him tomorrow...getting a bit late now.....ohh, maybe just one more present LOL.

He's perfectly fine after his trip out of the cot. We had a MCHN visit today (he is 9.080kg or 20lb) and she reckons he must have slide out of the cot somehow rather than falling out on his head or something. She agreed that it is one of those things that happen to most mums....sheesh.

Mum's group here tomorrow. I have been to a couple of their houses over the past few months and their houses are spotless. Ours is not dirty, but there are ALWAYS papers, letters, junk! all over the place all the time. Frustrates me as our house is plenty big enough, but we are just not organised people. I reckon I'm going to pick everything up and toss it in a spare room until after they leave....and then have to clean it up as we have relatives visiting for the weekend.

Well, I'd best go and enjoy what is left of my baby's first birthday with him. If I didn't say before (?) "Happy belated Birthday Amy" for the other day.

Happy Birthday Thomas!!!

belmarks Guest

Hay, sounds like you've all had a wonderful day. He's certainly a big boy now!! The big 1! Good luck with the tidying, its never ending around here, what with all of Coby's toys etc, its ridiculous!

Rach, *whispers* good luck for Paris, don't wanna speak too soon, but Im sure it will all work out this time. And at least you were here for the birthdays!

Hi to everyone else.

Coby took his first "unaided" steps on Monday night, in the bath of all places. He's not allowed to stand in the bath, but he did on Monday night and he let go, so I didn't make a fuss, just wanted to see how long he would stand there for, then he took three little steps forward and plopped down again. I was so excited. Then today DH and I were sitting on the floor with him, trying to get him to walk between us, and he did, over and over again, he even corrected himself when he almost toppled over, I am so proud of him! He's such a big boy now.

WTG Coby, he's a big boy now!!!! Wont be long, Bel before he's off and running.

Hay, dont worry about the house being spotless, you know they all had a huge cleaning frenzy before you went there..... No one really lives like that ( unless they have a live in maid) They had all their stuff hidden too!! ( my walk in robe is my hidey hole for stuff when we have people over. Hope you enjoy yourself this morning!

Rachel, enjoy the trip, I hope SIL gets better soon, very unselfish of you to lose your honeymoon, but yeah gotta do what we can for our families hey. I can picture all our bubs a cruisin together, maybe we need to have a central Australia meet for all the June/July bubs so they can all copy Amy and walk solo!!!

Kate, not too long to go now, your on the home stretch ( all i can say is I didnt have a bad pg with all the girls chuck wise, but Dion made me bleh!! Maybe a bubby boy in there???)

Hi to Gemma, Deb, Brooke, umm thats all I can think of ( wish I had pg brain to blame it on!!)

Just a quicky - for my sanity more than anything.

SIL is not coming to Paris. Spoke with FIL last night and he think she's better at home. Doesn't think she can fly with the drugs she's on. Not sure what her next step in on her road to recovery. *sending her hugs and love*

Was up most of the night with Blake throwing up. Not sure what the cause was. Gastro? Something he ate? Side effect of immunisation? Who knows. He's back in bed now having had some dry toast and water. Poor little mite. I've gotta hit the washing. Gotta get the stuff from last night out of soaking and into the machine to wash. (Sorry if TMI)

WTG Coby for walking. Not sure if I want to celebrate it being in the bath! LOL

Hay, sounds like Pup (and you and DH) had a wonderful day for Pup's birthday

Gee you are busy Brooke, how do you fit it all in? Sounds like you have your hands full. Good on you for starting walking.

Just a quickie here as Al is hanging around. He has been so clingy (pain in the arse) all week, I just can't leave the room for even a moment! For the past 2 nights I have given in and let him sleep with me as I just get so frustrated getting up and trying to settle him so frequently. He knows DH is missing and probably worries I will disappear into thin air as well.

Gemma- sorry if I forgot to congratulate Amy on her birthday, give the clever girl a kiss from me. Are there any photos yet?

Rachel- I hope your SIL pulls through quickly. If I had a spare week and a half, I would go and do a vispassana meditation again- you sit and meditate and not talk to anyone for 10 days, I tell you its life changing and the kind of clarity that could sort out the very worst of us. Very nice of you to offer to take her with you to Paris, but now you can just enjoy yourself instead!

Hey Vanita I think your 'little rotter' and mine are in a conspiracy together to empty as many cupboards as possible in a short amount of time! Do they just not like things INSIDE the drawer or cupboard?? I am trying to teach him to 'put them away again' but its just not sinking in!!!

WTG Coby and Dion for walking!!

Hi Kate and Hayseed!

Brooke, my SIL it seems is in some sort of depresesion. She in on a whole lot of prescription medication for this, including an amphetamine (sp?) type drug = 'legal speed. It's all supposed to balance her moods/behaviour. Unfortunately all it is doing is keeping her awake, so she goes on shopping sprees, maxing out her credit cards and barely eating. It may be that she needs some type of 'accommodation program' to sort herself out. I hope she's ok too, she's a wonderful woman. And yes, we will be better off with her not coming with us - as much as I'd love to share Paris with her, I don't want to really be her babysitter, let alone if she was to share our hotel room - No sex the whole time we're there? I think not!!

Deb, I tried to google vispassana meditation but I didn't get very far, and I don't have much time at the moment. Will have a look into it. I'd suggest anything to help her get out of the 'place' she's in.

Blake's back in bed - he had 3 hours this morning and has been down for an hour now. Fortunately he's not thrown up again although he did a MASSIVE poo which might have got the bug out of his tummy. He's drunk plenty of water, had some bread and some apple so hopefully he's turned the corner.

Gotta go, DH has arrived home from work early!

Rachel, awwww for Blake, its horrible when they arent well, and dont understand whats going on ( and why mummy doesnt fix it) Hopefully he sleeps most of it off. Have they looked into Bipolar for your SIL as it sounds as if she could be displaying some signs?? Well now you can go and have your honeymoon!!! ( how many yrs since the first one??) Yeah for DH being home early!!! I went to the kmart and Big W toy sales and of course spent too much, but am far from finished!!!!

Deb, LOL at our boys ( should form a gang of ratbags!!!) Dion loves the bookshelf, as well as the video cabinet, the toilet roll emptier, cupboard and drawer emptier, and the phone and remote control hider ( and eater) The girls were no where as "adventurous" as this little chap, but all my friends with boys tell me its the norm!! I dont think any men know how to put away do they?? obviously its an inherent male thing!!!

Brooke, I find the dimetapp helps relieve Dions cough, as it drains out the excess fluids ( which is the main cause of ear infection too) Are you giving her panadol as well?? Put the top of the cot up on phone books, and keep the air warm. I hope your headspace clears soon. make sure you do make you time, even with all the organising, and study and bubby. I have just joined a gym ( on monday), and although I've only been twice am finding a difference in my atitude towards myself

Better go and bath all my rugrats DH is at work on a night, and all have had swimming, so all chloriney! Oh Dion woke at 430 this morning, and so did Tahlia :eek: ( not sure who woke who) and NEITHER went back to sleep again, so gotta try get them to bed early, as Dion has only had about 1 hr all day too. Heres hoping for a PEACEFUL evening for myself and all you lovely ladies ( I think I will try get motivated and do some scrapbooking)

Hi Rachel - probably would have helped if I spelt it right, sorry to send u googling in the wrong direction. Try dhamma.org. It isn't 4 everyone and she needs to want to do it in order for it to work, but you can make the suggestion. Glad that Blake is on the mend.

Vanita - LOL yep must be a boy thing, there is no end to the need to make a huge mess whenever possible. They must enjoy seeing us work! Its a conspiracy.

We went swimming today too,he loves it! SIL sent a Pingu dvd for his birthday,so I have opened it and put it on, and he's really enjoying it, so I have some peace yay! Nice one!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast