Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #11

Default Babies Born July 2005 #11

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    SherieB [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

July '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ________

Forum Name: beckles
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB: 1st July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.8kg, 51.5cm, 37cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Oscar
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: emergency c/section brow presentation & posterier
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: cazoraz
    State: Langwarrin, VIC
    Baby's DOB: 1st July 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Coleman Philip (Cole for short)
    Baby's Website: www.babysites.com/sites/cazoraz
    Health Concerns:torticollis in the neck
    Notes: born on his due date!

Forum Name: Mama Mel
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 4th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3700g Length - 54cms Head Circ - 35cms
    Baby's Name: Ryan
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourlilboy
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born on due date! Water birth with gas

Forum Name: Gemma
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 4th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3130g (6lb 14oz) - Length 49cm- Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Amy Jade
    Baby's Website: http://www.comcen.com.au/~winston/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Emergency c-sect after 24
    hrs labour and only 3cm dialated. Cord around Amy's neck twice.

Forum Name: Hayseed
    State: Country Vic
    Baby's DOB: 6th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3100gm (6lb 13oz), Length - 48m, Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Thomas Mark Simpson
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/pup7
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: was a caesarean birth because of breech presentation and also mild pre-eclampsia. Born 10 days before EDD.

Forum Name: Kate
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 9th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4400g, Length - 56cm, Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Kelsey Shayne
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourone/
    Health Concerns: Reflux.
    Notes:

Forum Name: sunbeam koala
    State: Denmark (overseas)
    Baby's DOB: 10th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3500kg Length - 52cm Head Circ -
    Baby's Name: Alexander Rohan
    Baby's Website: www.mikaidt.dk/2005/birth
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Mumofbundlezofjoy
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 19th July 2005
    Stats: 4625gms, 52.5cm, 36cm head circumfrence
    Baby's Name: Dion Michael
    Health concerns: a little bit of jaundice
    Notes: Born at 39weeks 4 days, natural delivery

Forum Name: layla
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 19th July 2005
    Baby's Name: Sarah Ashlee
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/s/skbub/
    Health Concerns: Wore a harness for 5 weeks. Is having follow up x-rays till walking.
    Notes: 10 days early by planned c-section due to breech presentation.

Forum Name: Fletch
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 30th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs 8 oz or 3.4kgs Length - 51.5cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Zane Scott
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/little%5Ffletch/
    Health Concerns: None.
    Notes: Very healthy bub, sleeps through the night and is formula fed

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Thanks Brookey I have deleted the other post now!

Snap @ posting at the same time hehe!

Dion is still sick, it seems like he's spent more of his life sick than well, oh well its the way the cookie crumbles

I forgot to update on how we are going. Amy started walking Sunday week ago!!! She is so cute and looks a little drunk when trying to walk. She has been walking in between furniture for a few weeks
    And now walks on her own across the room. We are planning her 1st Birthday celebrations and DH is designing the invitations. Our friend works at a wholesale balloon place and she wants to coordinate the balloons with a theme and put them all around the house. Might be going a bit far though.

Well itís the TWW wait again and things are looking good, cramping, sore BBís, feeling a little weird but I am not holding my breath as I thought I was pg at least 4 times this year. Damm mind playing tricks! CD24 today.

Need advice on two things:

Teeth Ė Amy is getting two teeth at once on top and one is sneaking in on the other side. They look like they wonít fit and are coming down on the strangest angle. When them come down, she will have 6 on top and 4 on the bottom.

Water Ė Amy loves water and constantly drinks from her cup with a straw. We used to give her a drink with lunch and dinner but now let her have the cup all day and she gets a drink anytime she wants. So my question is how much water is too much? She is on 3 x 210ml formula bottles and the water. How much water are you giving your bubs?

Oh and I have been promoted, I guess my hard work at work is paying off.

Hope you are all well, I will try to keep up from now on!

Just a quicky because it's school holidays and although Blake's asleep Viv wants to spend time with me.

Happy Birthday Maya!!!!
    We hope you have a wonderful day with your Mummy and Daddy! Hugs to you Brooke in celebration of giving birth 12 months ago - what a wonderful journey it's been. Congrats to you and Dan for being wonderful parents.

Can't remember who asked, Kate perhaps? Blake has now cut through 3 molars in the last week. No wonder the poor little sausage has been sleeping badly. Although only one point on each tooth has come through at least they've broken through the gum which I'm sure must be the worst bit. We've been having rotten night's sleep pretty much since the 4 hour horror the other night with the exception of one night which I was only up two time to replug. I'll be so glad when his teeth are all through although I know we've still got a few to go. I'm kinda glad that I'm not in Paris so I can comfort him through the nights.

Not much other news apart from the fact we're going to start Blake on cows milk in the next week. I've got about 1/4 tin of formula left and I don't see the point of buying another one with his birthday 11 days away. I spoke to the MCHN this morning and she said to either start him 1/2 and 1/2 or just straight onto cows milk. I'll see how he goes 1/2 and 1/2 for a bottle or two or until we finish the tin, then no more formula.

This was going to be a quick post as I've got things to do.

Again Happy Birthday Maya. Big kisses from Blake.
    xx

PS Brooke, I've been practicing singing Happy Birthday to Blake as it's the funniest thing watching babies having HB sung to them on their first birthday only to have no idea what the song is, let alone the celebration. I'm sure Maya is loving that you're singing it to her all day.

Happy Birthday Maya

Hi,

Just a quick one to Kate for now - Al is not saying ta yet! lol But he understands it, so that's enough to impress this mumma at the moment.

2nd exam today... the course was 10 levels - 3 weeks a level. So I started in April last year, but have taken a couple of breaks (to have the baby and to go to Australia). I am impressed about how it works - very very intensive, a lot of memorising sentences, but now I can understand Danish and I can actually speak it!!!! I am far better at Danish than I am at French after studying it at school for 4 years. So it is a credit to this system. I will take Alex along to our farewell party on friday night, so they can meet him finally.

Glad to hear you had a good weekend with some help from your mum and dad. ((hugs))

Quoting Gemma:
    Hey Hayseed, when you hard feed the cows, do you put much stuff in their grain?

Umm, not sure I know what you mean? Did you mean HAND feed (as in the calves) or did you mean the supplement feed we give to the milkers and other cows? And are you asking about additives? Sorry, I'm not with it tonight!! LOL.

Who was asking about the water? I can't get Pup to drink. I am starting to get a bit concerned about it. I offer drinks in bottles, sippy cups, cups with a spout, in an open cup, with a straw (some success with the straw), but there is NO WAY he will drink the equivalent of a BF. And now that we are getting on in the BF game, I am getting a bit concerned as to how much he is actually getting from me. He seems to be talking less and less time at the boob. Yeah, I know that they become better at it, but honestly, he might only be on for 1 - 2 minutes. When i check to see if there is anymore milk - hand express a bit - there is often none there. My MCHN has said nothing to me about getting him onto a cup, maybe because he is BF. But I do know that this same MCHN has spoken to all the other girls in my mums group and has told them that from 12 months, they should be replacing the bottles with cup drinks (all FF now, expcet 2 of us). They are also concerned that their bubs are not going to drink the equivalent of what they are gettign from their bottles if they went to a cup. Pup would honestly be lucky to drink 40 - 60mls of water, milk or diluted juice a day (other than those BF mentioned).

I am also a terrible drinker - have been better since BFing - but maybe Pup is taking after me. God, it would be genetic then, as he wouldn't be copying me.....would he?

Mind you, he seems to be happy enough, has wet nappies throughout the day (although his pee does stink) and rarely looks for anything more after a BF, so I've assumed that he's been ok. What else could I/should I do?

Hayseed, it was me asking about the stuff in the grain. I was thinking about antibiotics or other stuff that may get added to help them keep up their milk. Or I am probably completely off track, maybe they just eat grass? Please excuse my ignorance. I was concerned that Amy was drinking too much water. Maybe you could add a little juice to Pupís water. We are not giving Amy juice yet but I have heard it may help to increase their fluid intake.

Kate, Iím with you about posting a large post then it being locked. I spend 2 days catching up so I hope people will read it!

Hi to everyone, another chilly start to a Melbourne morning today.

Hay, I wouldnt be too concerned, unless the wet nappies decreased, and we are predisposed to drink large or small amounts, oh and dont forget some foods have a high water content, so it depends on your whole diet, KWIM. Just offer him the cup more often.

kate, I hope your weekend break went well.

Gemma I wouldnt worry about her having too much, unless she was supplementing her diet with drink. CONGRATS on the promotion!!!! WTG AMy on the walking.

Rachel, WOW 3 molars, we havent even finished the little teeth yet, OUCH

Deb, WTG on your danish!!! Have a great party, and I bet Al charms the pants off them!!!

I have the opposite prob here ATM, with being unwell, ( he also has a staph infected ulcer on his thigh, right under the nappy) he has started ab's yesterday, he wont eat much ( a big change to normal) so is on the bb a lot more, he is having 4-5 feeds ATM and each one lasts about 45 mins. I am trying to toilet train Rianna whilst on AL. No success yet, am off to buy a toddler bed for Riannas 3rd bday from toys r us,

belmarks Guest

goodness! Im gone 5 mins and everyone's gone berserk with posting.

Vanita, poo for Dion being so sick, poor little man! Hope it all clears soon, seems staph is rampant atm, my friend had a huge infection on her leg about 2 weeks ago.

Deb, good on you about your Danish stuff, hope it all goes smoothly for you and you pass with flying colours! You're a true Dane now!!

Rach, wow about the toothy pegs, that's amazing!

Hay, Coby is exactly the same with drinking, I've seriously gotta sorta force him into it, I just keep offering, and he won't drink water either, so its very watered down juice for him, just until I can get him to drink water only.

Gemma, I can't believe your little one is walking - that's fantastic! What a brilliant milestone for you both. Life as you knew it is over love! You'll be runny after her everywhere now tee he he!

Brooke, did you end up having a small celebration for Maya? How's the moving going?

Well not much happening with us, Coby STILL has that darn cold, its sooo annoying! We went back to swimming yesterday, he's missed so many lessons, and this cold isn't getting any better, so I thought what the hell, I'll just go, and he was brilliant! I thought he'd be a bit feral but he was great, remembered exactly what to do, and even go very brave. We have this floating foam duck thing that you sit them on and then you push it down a little to make them fall into the water, so they get used to falling in and recovering etc, and I put him on it, pushed it the first time for him to fall in, then when I put him on it, he dived in himself after that, head first! He absolutely loved it. I even when and put him on the step and he did the same thing. He was kicking his legs and swimming towards me and all, I was so proud of him!

Gemma, the cows don't get antibiotics in their feed at all, because you can't put milk from cows that have been treated into the vat (which the tanker then comes and picks up). If any cows needed to be treated with antibiotics, then they are milked seperately and the milk is discarded. We feed the cows in the shed (most dairies in Aust do) a supplement. This is either grain, or a grain based pellet. We use a pellet from a stockfeed company and we have it tailor made for our cows based on their grass, hay and silage consumption (and the quality of that grass, silage and hay). The additives into this pellet are generally sugar (to make it more palatable and for energy), salts, vitamins, minerals, additives to help combat acidosis and ketosis in the gut etc.. Certainly nothing harmful or bad. Put it this way, we drink the milk straight from the cows here in our farm. We don't treat it (pastuerise or homogenise) at all. Our cell counts are also quite low (ie we are in the ghigest banding of quality milk). I can promise you all, if the milk had any "baddies" in it from being produced on farm, I certainly wouldn't be drinking it!!

If anyone would ever like to visit the farm, please let me know. We have visitors all the time and you would be very welcome.

I actually would love to take you up on the offer Hay, I came from a dairy area and have told the girls all about it, but I dont know anyone up there anymore, and DH and I say we would love the girls to see real cows LOL

Hayseed - Thanks for the invitation! We hope to be able to come some time in the future.

Hi everyone else! Sorry for such a short post - I can hear a collective sigh of relief ! lol

Al just had his first dental visit, it is part of the health program here so it was a freebee. Most interesting thing she said was that it is better to leave the toothpaste on their teeth rather than rinse it off, as it will continue to work there.

...back to the books - one more test tomorrow, then I should have more time on my hands.

belmarks Guest

Deb - Toothpaste? We're told here that we're not supposed to use it until after 2 years, when they can spit it, perhaps its because our water has heaps of flouride in it already, and they dont want the kids to get anymore...Even at 2 we are told only to use the "kiddy" brand of toothpaste because its better/gentler for their toothy pegs...

Hay, I'd love to come to the dairy, but its a bit far Im afraid!

Coby's been a right little poo today, just sooo bloody whingey! I don't know whether its his teeth or whether he's bored. Any suggestions on activities that we can do that are free that will interest him and wear him out a little? Keep in mind that he HATES the pram and isn't walking yet....

Bel, it must be the day for it , mind you Dion and Rianna have been running raging temps, and crying all day.

Deb, yeah we dont use t'paste til 2. Does Denmark have flourided water???

Ummm activity.... build the blocks, knock em down, crawling chasey round the house. hide n seek, reading, round and round the garden, ( and all the other nursery rhymes) empty out the plastics cupboard, saucepan upside down and wooden spoon drums, chase the car ( one of the little pull back and go ones) Rice in a plastic bottle maraca's dancing of course ( we had a disco here the other day, lights, karaoke machine etc) I cant think of anything else we do ( the twins play stuff too, cant think what tho, besides peeka boo)

OK - hmmmm no the water isn't treated with fluoride here. But still...it isn't treated in some places in Australia either..for example I think the Brisbane supply isn't treated. I will try and do some more homework on that. This isn't the first time the advice is so different between countries.

Sorry to hear that Dion and Rianna have been unwell - hope they feel better soon, the poor little loves.

There were lots of great ideas there for Coby from Vanita. We are out a fair bit, but its summer here now. When we're home we do all those things on Vanita's list. Plus he systematically goes through everything in the apartment and pulls it down, out or apart...
    Last edited by sunbeam koala; June 21st, 2006 at 03:03 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast