Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #14

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hooray for Shane again, what a goodun you've got there

I HATE it when they do that, Jonah used to do that, and did that the other night in our bed. I really don't understand how little ones get so much stamina when all we want to do is sleep. Drives me mental when he's like that, I'm sure you can relate. Thankfully we have more good than bad but we had a very large bad stretch for quite some time, so things can look up, have faith in that

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hey Brooke Sorry to hear that Maya is still sick, but hoorah for getting a little better. Bugger about you getting sicker, I am sick too right now I hope you get better soon. Awwww I hope Maya is really better soon too and starts sleeping better. Have a good day off today, there's not much you can do about getting sick, I'm sure your work will be ok with it.

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all well

Brooke – Poor little Maya being sick. Good thing you are marrying Dan, he is one to hang on to! Wow at Maya’s teeth, she has lots. That’s great that Maya slept through and that she is feeling better. It does suck when you have to pay for chiildcare when you can’t take them. A girl at work takes her 3 yo to full time childcare. I hope you are feeling better and your throat has gone down. I think coughing is good and it is the body’s way of getting rid of the infection.

Rachel – Please pass on my congratulations to Viv. I’m sure she looked great in her outfit, do you have any pics you can post on your website? I’m not that far behind you either. Turned 35 in June. Anyway you don’t look that old!

Deb – Sorry to hear that your DH is being like that. I hope the book helps. I love self help and motivational books and have about 150 of them. It is great that he took Al out for a walk and that you got to have a shower and not have to worry about Al. Wow at your fried being pg at the same time again!

Bel – Hope you are feeling better and your migraine didn’t last long.

Hayseed – Hope Pup’s snotty nose is getting better. Yes the younger age group is Generation Y and they do think the world owes them. I don’t envy you having to go through all that stuff with staff and wages on the farm. Glad you had a good year.

Vanita – Poor Lakeisha and Tahlia, I hope they get better soon. LOL at the toys taking over the house! You mentioned you might be moving further out, where are you going to go?

Kate to you being so tired. Not too long to go now then at least your body won’t be under so much pressure being pg. What a good girl Kelsey is sleeping through the night! I didn’t know about the $600, thanks for telling us. I have been meaning to make an appointment to do my tax, will do it today! You poor thing having to drive home, so glad you are all okay. What a shocker of a night. Did you have a relaxation baby CD when Kelse was younger? We used Peace Baby with Amy when she was younger and it worked well. Maybe some nice music will help Kelsey to sleep? Good on Shane for getting the room done. Yes it seems they are growing up fast which is great. It will be really good when we can have a full conversation with them.

Hi Bec, how did the radio interview go with Ben?

We had a great weekend. DH went four wheel driving on Sat so Amy and I walked to town. Every animal is a ‘Tat’ (Cat). She was doing really well calling cats cats but now everything is a Cat and even when we say ‘dog’ she says ‘cat’. She still says ‘moooo’ when she sees a cow and horses now ‘moo’ too. Went to SIL’s for lunch yesterday and Amy had fun seeing the animals on the farm especially the cows and ponies.

RANT - On Sat night we went to our good friends 30th. All was well and we were talking to friends on the undercover area outside and had Amy with us there most of the night. We took her in to get some milk and some STUPID IDIOTS lit some fireworks. It was going to be a surprise fireworks show for us. Well, one of the fireworks tipped over and exploded in the undercover area where there were kids sitting. It was horrible with very loud bangs and fireworks going off undercover. One of the dads was holding his 2 year old and he was hit but luckily not badly injured. The poor kid refused to go outside after that. It was on a property and there were 3 horses in the stables nearby. I was so mad as it could have been Amy on the decking and it could have been her hearing or even killed her (we only went inside 5 mins before). Amy was oblivious to the fireworks even though they were hitting the kitchen windows right next to us. We went home after that because I was so angry. There is a good reason why fireworks are banned!!

Gemma, that was a big post, now I'll have to try do the same, LOL That is shocking about the fireworks, some people have the brains of a pea, huh. Amy is a great talker, Dion doesnt say much more than he did at 9 mths, but boys are notoriously slow talkers. Yep we will move out or up, too crowded for this little black duck ( can take the girl out of the country....)Im not sure where, are just working on the "equity mate" then we will look into affordable areas, nar nar goon, bunyip,emerald, whatever.

Kate, sorry you had a shocker of a night, maybe if you are planning to go away somewhere have her sleep in the porta cot at home for a few days to get accustomed to it. Good on DH for getting so much done, bit of a champion there!!! I hope you have caught up a little now on the sleep, when I was pg with Dion, I went to bed as soon as the kids did at like 830 every night, as I was so tired.

Brooke, Maya has always been at the top of the class for development ( along with Amy)hope you have a good day off work, and that you recover quickly.

Deb, great to have a RL friend that is pg too ( I figure thats what a "fried is gemma, LOL)

Heya Bec, what does ben do?? He's been on the radio a few times I've heard you talk about.

Well all the kids seem to be back to normal, we had a nice energetic weekend, with a few walks, a family bike ride, and I went to the gym too. Chris and I went out for dinner on our own on Saturday night, I said to the babysitter, dont expect us back for ever... we were home by 930, absolute party poopers!!!!

ohhhhhhhhhh, we're sick now!!!

Pup still has the cold that he's had for the past week, but it has not got any better and today he has been so out of sorts. I have never seen him like this. He has this whingey cryey moan thing happening. Some tears but mainly just this monotonous wail. And not eating much so maybe a sore throat and headache. I have a sore throat and headache so I'm guessing he does too. He doesn't have a temp at all, but if he wakes up from his nap still cranky, i am going to give him some panadol. He normally wakes up at around 7.30 - 8am and then goes back down for a sleep at around 11am for an hour. This monring he was awqake at 5am and would not go back to sleep even after a BF and another 100ml of milk. He eventually slept for 30 minutes or so, but was awake again at 7.30am. I got him up and by 9am he was ready to go back down. He was up again at 11am - usually when he is going for a sleep. He is all over the place today! Anyway, he is having a nice long nap now so fingers crossed he'll be better. But I'm not!!!!

And I am proud to announce that Pup is walking!!!!!!!!! YAY. I am counting yesterday as his first day of walking. he took about 6 steps and then kept standing up. I am very proud. And so it begins.........

i agree Vanita, boys must be a bit slower in the talking dept. Pup still hasn't said anythign. The most he "says" is Mmmmmmmmm when he means Mooooooooo!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Ben has been doing poetry on the radio, his last one was about insults after that thing with Kim Beasley being called a fat so and so. He works though as a media monitor, proof reading and editing scanned articles from newspapers and magazines before they go to clients such as politicians, big companies etc who are mentioned in the articles. It's quite complicated to explain, lol, so hopefully you get what he does from that

Awww Hay, sick isnt fun, I hope you all get better REAL soon, sending get well vibes to you. Yeeha he's a walker now !!!!!!! WTG Pup. its a documented fact that boys speak later, but their fine motor skills, and eye hand coordination ( computer games) is better, they really are from mars LOL

Thanks Bec, he sounds very intelligent, and very literate, you must be proud.

Hi all,

Damn, I said I'd be off the pc to do house work at 12.30 and it's now 12.32pm so I'll try to be brief, but you know me, I rarely do anything but marathon posts. If only my fingers and brain would work.

Sorry to hear about Pup and the rest of you Hay. I hate it when we're sick. Blake's got the snuffles as of last night so is back on the dimetapp. I think it's to do with teething as he's pooing lots and getting some nappy rash. And sleeping crappy as usual with his teething. I dream of sleeping a whole night in my own bed!

I was going to do lots of personals but I'm trying to remember everything everyone wrote and reply quickly so if I forget someone, I'm sorry.

Kate, pls tell cheeky girl Kelsey from me that her mummy needs some sleep so she has to be a good girl. I'll get Blake to send her kisses if she does!

Deb, great news your RL friend is pg again around the same time as you.

Brooke, how's Maya doing? I hope she's gettign better. Hugs to you both

Vanita, lucky you going out on a date with Chris. Maybe I should arrange something for my DH and I! Glad everyone is healthy again.

Gemma, how is TF going? Have you had a weigh in since you 'broke' it? I had my first weigh on Monday. I've lost 2kg in a week. I ate rice on Friday as I ordered a salad when we were out for a girls lunch and it had risotto type balls and parmesan in it. Oh well, I'm trying hard with the rest of it so it didn't affect me too much. Once I got through the first two days, I've found it pretty easy. I've even lost cm's as I wore a skirt on Sunday and it felt so much better than last time I wore it. I'll be looking glam by my birthday I hope (mid Oct!)

I'm trying not to get a bit sad as it would have been my dad's birthday next week, and of course father's day the week after. I still find it hard to believe he's gone. I still want to pick up the phone and say hi, or drop over to see him or for him to visit us. I don't know if I'll ever get beyond those feelings. It's just not right for him not to be here. My heart can't accept it, even if my head knows better. It's gonna be a tough week.

Blake's still as gorgeous as ever although still not sleeping through as I said. I'm sure its the teeth, and eye teeth are buggers. I hope they cut through soon.

We're going for his first haircut this afternoon. It's not super long as Kate, Vanita, Bec and Gemma would know but I just can't stand that dry whispy bit at the back. Time to go.... baby hair! I'll take lots of photos if I can, or Viv can as I might have to hold him.
    Last edited by wardygirl; August 22nd, 2006 at 01:13 PM.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita-Yep, he is and I am

Rachel-Awwwwwwwwww big hun. I'm sorry you're finding it a bit tough right now. It's understandable for you to be sad, don't hide it though, if you need to let it out, let it out. Do you have any special plans on those days whilst you are remembering him? Good luck with Blake's first hair cut. Jonah had his second yesterday, he looks so adorable, not that he didn't already Can't wait to see the pics.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Kate-We're getting there. Last night was ok, he had to get up again at 9:00 and was up for half an hour, I put him back into bed because he was just going to muck around and he was fine and I don't think he woke up after that, although sometimes I run on auto pilot and forget. But I'm pretty sure he was ok. Thanks for asking. Hoorah that you've all caught up on your sleep, that's fab Yay for curtains too.

Brooke – That’s fantastic that Maya is saying two words together! Hewwo is sooo cute!!

Vanita – Yes it was a big post because I couldn’t be bothered working yesterday. Bunyip and around there is nice and not too far out but definitely country. We are thinking Traralgon to Maffra type areas where the towns are fairly small. Are you going to get acreage? Thanks for saying Amy is top of the class, it is because she is home with DH all day. That’s great that you and Chris when out for dinner. What are good places to go near us? We have only been to the newer pub which was okay. You did have an energetic weekend, how is the gym going? DH is going to join the same gym as you so he can go during the week while I play with Amy at night.

Hayseed – Congrats on Pup walking, what a clever boy!!! Sorry he is still not well. Hope you and Pup are feeling better soon, it’s a bugger when you are sick as well . Amy says Mmmmmmm rather than Moooo too, very cute.

Bec – It sounds like Ben has a great job, he must be smart.

Rachel – Well done on your weight loss. No I have been too scared to weigh in since I lost the 5.2kg and have no doubt put some back on. I wouldn’t worry about the meal with rice, like you said it didn’t affect you too much. DH did some research on Ketosis and it takes 2 days for your body to start burning fat as it no longer looks for the carbs. Sorry you are feeling sad about your dad . It will be a tough week for you but you will be fine. Look forward to seeing the photos of Blake.

Kate – Yeah for the curtains!! It must be very exciting to be getting the room done and being closer to it being finished . Thanks for mentioning the tax I just made an appointment before I posted. I am happy that Kelse is back to normal and sleeping well. Hope it continues for you and you get plenty of rest.

Took Amy for a ride along the new roads in her car so she is now saying ‘tar’ (Car) and making a Vrroooom sound. At least the car is not a cat like everything else. I really must go and do some work!! Talk to you all later.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hey Gemma, he is the smartest person I know. Well done on your weight loss, you too Rachel. You've both inspired me, I bought a 4 weeks supply today and it should be here early next week Woohoo for Amy in her 'tar', can't wait until Jonah starts talking properly.

Bec, Jonah seems so grown up already and he will be talking a lot soon. He has the most gorgeous hair and I’m not surprised he has had two hair cuts already. How are his steps going? He is so close to walking all the time. TF is really easy and does work well. Like I said before my SIL has now lost 23kg in just over 2 months and she looks amazing. I have not been the best on it this week eating a bit of bread and other carbs but out of everything I have tried (which is almost every diet on the planet), this one seems the best.

Maybe at one of our playgroup meet ups when the weather warms up we could go for a walk and let them play in a park?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Gemma-I think he seems grown up because he's so tall, we went out for dinner the other night and the waitress thought he was more like 2 1/2 she was very surprised when we told her 13 1/2 months, lol. Awwww thanks for the comment on his hair, it looks a lot more tidier now, makes him look even more grown up. He's walking a lot more now but not 100% of the time, but we know he can do it, he gets very excited whilst he's doing it, it's very cute. I definitely think it was watching Amy and the other kids walking that helped him because he's walked more and more ever since then. I can't wait to get started on TF, it obviously works, so I'm very excited. Going for a walk and letting the kids play in a park when it warms up sounds like a great idea, I think the kids will love that, maybe we could picnic somewhere?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

She just wants the extra excitement of making everyone wait

Bec, does 1980 in your username mean you were born in 1980? If so, your 10 years younger than me! (I'm a 70's chick!!)

What's this TF diet? I NEED to loose some weight. Not because of vanity (although that would be a very pleasing side effect!), but because I reckon that my weight, my age and my family's health history are starting to stack against me. My paternal grandmother died of heart failure in 1977, although she was also a hyperchondriac and the multitude of tablets that she took could not have helped either. My father had a series of heart attacks over the span of about 15 years (maybe 6??) and at the end, his heart and arteries were so bad that the drs wouldn't operate or do anything other than give him blood thinning drugs. A massive heart attack killed him. I should context this by saying that my father was also a violent alcoholic, with whom I never had any contact with for the last 12 or so years of his life, so don't feel bad for me. I don't. That might be hard for you to read Rach, considering what you just spoke about in your last post about missing your dad, but I'm sure your dad was a generous, loving thoughful human being. Mine wasn't. But, I mention this only (not for any sympathy) because I am really needing to start looking after myself a bit better in the health stakes. After all, I want to be around to watch my little boy grow up and have a family of his own. And any other kids I may have too. I am 5'2" and weigh about 88kg, so I could well do with trimming down some.

Sorry girls, I'm not sure where all that came from.

Hay, i know where it came from, your heart, and I for one am gladdened to know you feel comfortable enough to express your feeling to us. Grrr at crappy parents hey. Its admirable that you are wanting to better your health situation, I think its a common thread amongst women, to loose weight, and be healthy

Kate. glad you caught up on some sleep, yeeha for Kelsey continuing to sleep through, maybe she know you need your rest. Kelsey wants to be the observant one, babies who walk later watch more, and pick up other things quicker. Yoohoo new curtains ( would love to do that, but wouldnt know where to start ) Yeah I think we did talk kids a lot of the time, tried not to ( then we just talked about the rest of the family)

Bec, Jonah is a cutie, lotsa hair does make him look older I think, and he is sooo tall ( compared to my little peanut) good luck with the TF diet, I was considering it, but mum reckons I'd need to get approval from my neuroligist first

Gemma, looking forward to having some outside meets. as long as its not tooo hot ( I dont cope with the heat) Tar is soo cute, I had the video camera out the other day, just to record his noises, the big girls love to watch themselves on video and listen to their baby talk. I dont know anywhere much to eat out ( macca's LOL) this is the first time we have gone out on a date, when it wasnt our anniversary in 8 yrs.......... We usually go to Castellos. Would like some acreage, just not too much, 5 max. My kids are homw with either myself or Dh too, and they dont talk like Amy, its not that.... just face it you have a smart cookie. I am adjusting to the gym and really enjoying it ( sometimes I think the time away from the kids is the best part LOL)

Rachel I am so sorry for your loss, and this time of the year being dificult, I cant imagine the devastation of losing a parent. I hope Blake enjoyed his first hair cut ( dion kept trying to turn around and look at the scissors LOL)

Bel, I hope you are out there, and all is Ok, and Coby is not being Dions mischief partner in crime, and throwing too many tanties.....

Brooke, hiya honey, hope the grey skys are staying away and you can see some sunshine from inside your heart.

HI, wish I could feel motivated to write. Sorry girls, am just not finding the time or inclination right now. I usually would check in during Al's naptime but now I am sleeping too.
    So just a quick update: We went to the doctor today, and everything seems to be progressing as normal with the pregnancy, although my first scan won't be for a few more weeks. Al has had a strange rash under his nose for a couple of weeks and has been coughing a bit, but doctor didn't think there was a problem...grrrrrrrr. He's walking all the time now too, and just loves it. Very cute.
    Love to you all and will be back with some replies soon - I hope you can forgive my slackness.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast