Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #14

Default Babies Born July 2005 #14

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in July 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - astrolady@bellybelly.com.au

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy christy7@bellybelly.com.au
    Sherie sherie.brown@bigpond.com
    Lea13 lea13@bellybelly.com.au

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

July '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ________

Forum Name: beckles
    State: vic
    Baby's DOB: 1st July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 3.8kg, 51.5cm, 37cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Oscar
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: emergency c/section brow presentation & posterier
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: cazoraz
    State: Langwarrin, VIC
    Baby's DOB: 1st July 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Coleman Philip (Cole for short)
    Baby's Website: www.babysites.com/sites/cazoraz
    Health Concerns:torticollis in the neck
    Notes: born on his due date!

Forum Name: Mama Mel
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 4th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3700g Length - 54cms Head Circ - 35cms
    Baby's Name: Ryan
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourlilboy
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Born on due date! Water birth with gas

Forum Name: Gemma
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 4th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3130g (6lb 14oz) - Length 49cm- Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Amy Jade
    Baby's Website: http://www.comcen.com.au/~winston/
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Emergency c-sect after 24
    hrs labour and only 3cm dialated. Cord around Amy's neck twice.

Forum Name: Hayseed
    State: Country Vic
    Baby's DOB: 6th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3100gm (6lb 13oz), Length - 48m, Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Thomas Mark Simpson
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/pup7
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: was a caesarean birth because of breech presentation and also mild pre-eclampsia. Born 10 days before EDD.

Forum Name: Kate
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 9th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4400g, Length - 56cm, Head Circ - 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Kelsey Shayne
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourone/
    Health Concerns: Reflux.
    Notes:

Forum Name: sunbeam koala
    State: Denmark (overseas)
    Baby's DOB: 10th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3500kg Length - 52cm Head Circ -
    Baby's Name: Alexander Rohan
    Baby's Website: www.mikaidt.dk/2005/birth
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __________

Forum Name: Mumofbundlezofjoy
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 19th July 2005
    Stats: 4625gms, 52.5cm, 36cm head circumfrence
    Baby's Name: Dion Michael
    Health concerns: a little bit of jaundice
    Notes: Born at 39weeks 4 days, natural delivery

Forum Name: Fletch
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 30th July 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lbs 8 oz or 3.4kgs Length - 51.5cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Zane Scott
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/little%5Ffletch/
    Health Concerns: None.
    Notes: Very healthy bub, sleeps through the night and is formula fed
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your previous thread HERE

Just a quicky! And I'm first too! Woo Hoo!

Sorry to hear Dion's sick, Vanita. I hope he gets over it quicker than Blake did cause it's such a horrible bug that Blake had.

My DH is feeling better again. He didn't come to the family do on Saturday and had a quiet day at home recovering. By the time he woke up on Sunday morning he was heaps better. I was so relieved cause he had to look after Blake while we had the skate comp yesterday.

Family day was awesome. So many people at my Mum's place. It was great to catch up with many I haven't seen for a while. The kids had a great time doing a 'pirate treasure hunt' which my step father had done for them. It took them 1.5 hours from start to finish to get their treasure. My folk have 2 acres so there's plenty of room for them to look for clues etc.

Viv's skating comp went fantastic. She did really well - particularly at her routine (freestyle section) and got some terrific comments from the judges. I was so proud of her (and she looked great too!) She really worked hard for this comp so she deserved the reward of her good results. We even took her out for dinner last night to celebrate.

I decided to bite the bullet and started the Tony Ferguson weigh loss thing at the Terry White Chemist too. Thanks for the inspiration Gemma. I hope it works for me as well as it has for you and your DH. Will keep you posted.

I'm sure I've missed heaps by being in the new thread but that always happens.

I hope Maya's better soon, Brooke.

Hi to everyone

BTW, I think I'm the oldest tart in the cake shop... I'm 36, 37 in October. Can anyone beat that?

Enjoy the sunshine.
    xx

Ohhh another bubby sick. And Pup has a runny nose, sneezing and a cough too (no temp or vomit though). I just found out a friend of DHs has the flu and has been to the GP and we saw him on Saturday so maybe Pup caught something awful off him. Bugger. I hope he doesn't have the flu???!!!

I'm not far behind you Rach on the age stakes!!!

Brooke - I was meaning to thank you for your reply in our thread the other day. I really appreciate your thoughts. DH's work is quite seasonal, as he is a freelancer, he tends to take work when it comes so that we can manage in times when it is a bit slow. We are at odds because I think he is working too much and not spending enough time with us/Al. He thinks I should be glad he's working and feels like I am attacking him when he gets home. I guess throwing in first trimester hormones doesn't help there either. I feel like I am 24hours a day with Al without help. DH says we could put him into daycare, but I don't think Al's ready, and I am not ready either :-/..so its a bit of a vicious circle. Anyways...thats our drama in a nutshell. We are much better as we got to spend some quality time together on the weekend. I ordered a good book from Amazon as recommended by another BB member, so looking forward to reading that and learning how to better handle these type of relationship issues. I love reading self-help books to get me motivated at times. Anyways, thanks again for your thoughts.
    Sorry to hear Maya is unwell. Sounds as though Dan is a total legend, I'm so happy for you that you found a good one there.

Rachel - glad to read that the skating went well. Good luck with the diet! LOL about you being the oldest tart in the cake shop - I've never heard that expression before.

Kate - glad you and bub are well and that Kelse's runs have stopped. Are you in 3rd trimester now? I understand when you say tired..I am exhausted too.

Hayseed - fingers crossed Pup doesn't get the flu.

Vanita - hows Dion? Sounds like he's so crook. God horrendous for him to be lying in his vomit. I hope you're okay and getting some help there.

DH got home (yay) and has just taken Al out for a walk, so time for me to jump in the shower and chill.

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, just logging into this thread so that I still get he emails, Im sick today so sorry for no responses. I woke with a migraine in the middle of the night...

Oh Bel...go to bed and get rid of that migraine!!

Pup is really snotty today. We were up most of the night - not crying, but just having trouble brething. At 3am I got the vapourisor out and put that in his room. By 4am he was back to sleep so it must have done some good. But snot! Gawd, I just wish he could blow his nose. It makes me want to blow my nose!! I went to the chemist today to get something for it. The pharmacist gave me some Demazin drops which I've just adminstered. Hope they do the trick. He's not sick so much as just really stuffed up.

Funny thing, on the box of demazin, it states that it is infant formula and the doses are for kids up to 4yo. And further down on the box it says, "may cause drowsiness. do not operate a vehcile if affected"!! What a laugh. An infant driving!!! I know why they have to put it on there, but it is still funny!!!

Sort of like the time I got a packet of peanuts and on the back it said "Ingreidents: peanuts, oil, salt. May contain traces of nuts"" (god I hoped so!!).

And another one. On a bottle of sleeping tablets I got, there was a sticker that said "may cause drowsiness" !! ha ha ha. Isn't that the point?!!!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post from me. Sorry to hear that Maya and Dion are sick and that Pup has a stuffy nose. I hope they all feel better soon.

I started a Grad Certifcate in Management yesterday which is the first year of Masters so I am really busy with that and full time work so I might not be on line as much. Amy got a molar which we didn't even know about until I saw it. Other than that she is good, she goes and gets her shoes when we ask her now and says 'shoes' continually after we ask her then she tries to get them on which is very cute.

Rachel, good on you for starting TF. I lost another 1.5kg last week making it 5.2 in total for 2 weeks but I did break it since my weigh in so we will see next week. Good luck!

Will hopefully catch up on personals soon.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi All

Just popping in to say hello and to say I hope all the sickies get better soon

Rachel-Wooohooo for Viv, good on her for doing so well

Hello there my lovelies. well Dion is better ( still a bit grumpy) but today the twins started !! So I have Lakeisha and Tahlia chucking now, though at least they use a bowl, or run to the toilet, a lot cleaner LOL

Brooke, Wow Maya is soo advanced>>> Dion just got tooth # 7 and 8 no Molars thats for sure!!!! My Dh says we need to move out and let the toys just have the house LOL.

Gemma, Amy is soo good with her talking, we still have mum, dad, hello, and grunts!!!!! Wow I applaud you the effort to study and work. I barely keep the floors clean, and I only work 30 hrs a week.

Hay, i know its rediculous the warnings these days!! Like the "coffee may be hot" well it damn well better be, I'll spew if we get cold coffee!!!!!!!! Hope Pups nose is clearing up for him and you

Bel, hope the Migraine went without too much trouble.

Deb Its hard with DH MIA soo much!! You must feel like a single mum half the time.

Kate, hiya beautiful, bountiful baby carrier!!!!!

Hi Rach, We'll just have to trade you in if you're out of date!!!! Glad to hear viv went well.
    Gotta go bath the littlie before dinner ( they will be the only ones eating, Dh is at work LOL)

Kate, nah Pup doesn't sleep with a dummy, so the blocked nose is ok in that regard. In fact, except for about 1 week, he has never slept with a dummy, and even then it was a cursory few sucks. I spent more time looking for the damn thing than he actually used it! LOL

Awww Brooke, hugs to both you and Maya. I hope you both get better soon. Thw twins were up til midnight chucking, and the boy woke at 05:30 WTF????????????
    Oh well, not too much chucking today, so they are back to school tomorrow!!! ( they've had two minute noodles and toast for tea, and are holding it down, ) Brooke, our house is shocking, I always swear I am going to tidy out the toys ( but I never seem to have a spare 5 days LOL) We are only in a 3 b'room house, so there are 2 kids in each room, so not much room in there for toys, we have a lot of sets of plastic drawers around the place for the toys to hide in. And we have a BIG cubby house in the backyard, that is full of bits.... I clean out the toys before each xmas and bday, so I have room to put the new stuff........ : )

Brooke -I'm around, just too out of it to write most of the time. I am either sick of a morning or exhausted by the evening. Its all good though, the worse I feel the more confident I am that the little one is hanging in there. Damn about paying for child care and Maya not going. But I guess that is going to happen now and again. Do you have to pay monthly or what's the story? Good to hear she's on the mend.

Vanita - poor you with the sick kids, you must be knackered. Those 5.30am starts are just horrible aren't they? I bring Al to our bed and see if I can setlle him there. But usually he will climb on us for a bit and then climb off the bed and play loudly until one of us lazy bums will get up (usually me).

Kate - my DH has only ever spent a few hours at a stretch alone with Al, like when I was at school for 4 hours a night. Sometimes I think he thinks its just rasberries and naps around here, what am I complaining about? But then again, I know he knows thats not the case.

Hi everyone!

Just quickly. Found out my best friend here, who was pregnant same time as me with Al and has a little boy who turned 1 on 1 Aug, is now pregnant again and due the day before me! How cool is that? So happy to have her as a RL belly buddy again. That now makes 4 out of 6 of us in our mother's group pregnant in the first trimester.

Hey Kate thats Per Child too LOL we are happy chappies this year !!!!!!

Brooke, hope you and Maya are both better soon.

Deb, hope the MS passes and you start feeling well, pg is harder when youve got others to look after. Who is looking after Al when you go in to have bubs???

We haven't done our tax yet. doubt whether we'll get anything back even with me on half a year at half pay (mat leave). We had a reasonable year on the farm, so......

I've been busy trying to work out a salary package with the VFF (Victorian Farmers Federation) ion order to get a better quality of staff working here on a semi mangerial level. Bloody hard. Lots of hoops to jump through. I'm sick of it. The times I really hate operating a farm is when we have staff problems. It's like they have no empathy for us being just like them, bills to pay, food to buy, clothes to have. We have so many deads**ts (excuse the term) approaching us and expecting unrealistic wages and conditions. I might be getting old, but boiy, it really seems like a LOT of youngies out there (18 - late 20s) seem to think that the world owes them a living. I think back at the jobs I have done in my life and there is no way some of even our staff would do them. Sigh......rant over!

Pup is still VERY snotty. Ugh. We had a box of tissues in his room. It took me greater than 12 months to go through that box (used the last one the other day). Since he's had this cold, we've been through half a box in 3 days!!!!

Yep Kate, I get $300 ,per child. We have elected not to recieve family payments next year, in favour of a nice big return att the end of the year, kind of forced saving KWIM???

Hay, bummer about that much snot, we go through heaps of tissues, if Dion finds the box, as he trashes it!!! LOL I agree with unrealistic expectations, DH's bro is like that, NO qualifications at all, didnt go past yr 10, yet expects to be paid more than $20 an hour, for crap nothing jobs, WTF, i have peoples lives in my hands, and had to work hard to get where I am and thats what I get .............

belmarks Guest

hi girls, sorry, I've been really slack again, I will TRY to keep up from now on. I've just had so much on lately, had a friend visiting with her baby, plus Coby and I have been sick, so hopefully I can keep up with you all now....

Hope all the sickies are feeling better xxoo

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh no Kate, how awful. What a little minx Kelse is. So glad that you made it home safely. Wooohooo at Shane getting all that work done in 1 day, what a champ he is, good on him.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast