Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in July 2005 #15

Rach, I'm really sorry that Blake is still not sleeping well. If I still lived in Baysie, I would come to Knox with you but it isn't just around the corner anymore. Is there any other sleep schools you could go to? Amy was waking up and crying a while ago and we had a rough few nights setting the rules and now she sleeps really well. I mentioned to Brooke that we went in so she knew we were there for her and didn't talk then went out. We also still sleep in a matress next to her cot occasionally but still don't talk to her. Also, we found that one of the reasons she was crying was she was cold. The 2.5 tog Grobag wasn't enough so we now put a jumper over it. She has a Snuggle(something?) grosuit on and the heater is set at 18 degrees overnight.

Will catch up on personals later. Thanks everyone for the thoughts for us with our dog. It was a sad night for me and Amy has been giving me kisses. I try not to cry in front of her and she has helped a lot.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwww Rachel, totally understandable that you don't want to come today but we are there if you change your mind, maybe we might even cheer you up Definitely seems like we need more sleep schools imagine all the other poor mums and bubs in your situation that can't get in either, maybe we should start a petition?? Are there more sleep schools here in Melb? I hope you find a copy of Pinky's book and that it's the answer.

Aww Rach Big hugs to you. I wish i had some answers for you..... Hendrix seems like the others, he will pull out a week or so of absolutly awful sleep then go back to sleeping again. That week though will make me question why the hell we are doing it all again!! LOL I hope you find some relief in Pinkys books.

Well i hope you all have a lovely meet-up (god im jealous!! lol)

I have to tell you gus though the cutest thing ever. So cute it almost brought tears to my eyes (god im getting hormonal already). Hendy was out in the the living room playing with the tv on (yes im a tv watcher too, tv is on low all day here too) and i was in the study on the computer. Well my mobile rang (it was out in the loungeroom) and i raced to get it and saw Hendy lying on the floorboards ASLEEP!! He must have only just fallen asleep as only moments before i heard him crashing around but he was dead to the world! I picked him up and he started laughing (in his sleep), and i managed to put him in his cot in his sleeping bag without him waking.... god they are precious!

aww how cute heather, its moments like that, that melt your heart ( pg hormones or not )

Rachel, I hope you had some success today, and that Viv's performance was brilliant!!!

Kate, Bec, Gemma, hope you had a good catch up..

Well Dions paed doesnt want to operate on his little sack ATM as they are moving still ( not stuck) but is concerned about his lack of growth, feels it is coz of his constant crappy chest, so he is on Intel, and ventolin 4 times a day ( 2 puffs of each through the spacer)for the next 6 weeks, then he has to get weighed and lengthed, and back to the paed for a follow up. He feels this is going to work, so fingers crossed for us that this is the answer. hope so, he doesnt really like the mask on his face and fights it, but lets hope it helps.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita- Fingers, toes and anything else crossable are crossed. I truly hope it works and he starts getting bigger and bigger.

We did have a good catch up today it was great

Hi girls...feeling 1000% from the other day...now DH has it! Groan...

Vanita, I can only imagine trying to get a puffer into a baby. Pup hates having the panadol squirter thing stuck in his mouth. It's like WW1 trying to get 1.5ml into him! Imagine trying to get him to suck on a spacer!

Ohhh, I'm jealous you girls met up too. Glad it was good but.

Rach, sorry to hear of the resettling issues. I have no suggestions for you - sorry. I hear you on the waiting list thing though. I rang my drs the other day when i was feeling crappy to try and get an appt that day to have an injection of maxalon (I was so sick of feeling sick). I couldn't get an appt for another 2 days! WTF! You have to be DYING in our town to get an appt to see the dr. Or you have to know 1 month in advance that you're going to be sick.

I had a drama about getting a peth injection the last time I had an unmanageable migraine. A couple of weeks after this episode, I made an appt to see my own dr to make a complaint and to discuss how to handle the situation if it arose again (he was not the dr I saw in casulty). My dr is very popular and usually takes about 2 weeks to get an appt. He said to ring him when I got a migraine the next time (that I needed peth for). I told him that I could never get in to see him. He said to just ask for him. I said that the girls on the desk would not put me through. He then told me that I was to say that he had rang me and I was returning his call!! The things we have to do to get medical attention!!

So I hear ya Rach on the waiting list. Of course, 2 weeks is nothing like 3 months, but when you are sick, it sometimes feels that long!

Kate. OMG, you have less than 30 days to go. LESS than 30 days!!!!!!!!

Hi girls,

Firstly thanks for all your support. It's been a tough 24 hours emotionally (and on the waistline) but I'm working through it. I think Blake's rough patch is probably due to his eye teeth moving down. He's been a crap sleeper at the best of times, but it gets worse whilst he's teething so that's probably the problem. Also cause I reached out for help to the sleep school and got absolutely none, so emotionally I'm flat. But I'll cope. (oh and DH is away all next week and has been workign his butt off all this week in preparation so I'm playing single mum on top of it all)

Anyway, I changed the way I settle Blake to sleep. I still have to stay in his room, but for his daytime nap and going to be tonight, instead of having to hold his hand to put him to sleep, I just stroked his forehead intermittantly and shushed him, and he managed to put himself to sleep. I'm hoping to continue this so he's less reliant on my physical touch, and that he'll eventually settle himself. Well that's the plan anyway.

Heather - Awww, how cute to find Hendy asleep on the floor. What a treasure!

Hay, yep it's hard being sick. At least your Dr has told you how to manipulate the system so you can see him for your migranes. At least he's on your side. Viv's got an infected ear - her lobe next to her earring and I tried to get an appointment for her when I called this afternoon. Nope fully booked today and tomorrow. Fortunately they do hold a few appointments which they will only fill first thing in the morning, so I will call at 8am and try and book her in for tomorrow. No doubt it will be during school time, but if that's what it takes!

Vanita. Sorry to hear Dion's appointment didn't go as well as hoped. I hope the Intal and Ventolin help him. Fingers crossed for your next appointment to be better.

Kate, Bec - how was lunch? Would loved to have seen you both - and the others - but it was better for me to have a normal day.

Hi Deb, Hope you're little one is still cooking away happily and not wearing you out too much. How's the house swapping news?

Hi Gemma, thanks for the advise re Grobags. We have a heater on in Blake's room as we dont' have central heating. I think it's pretty good temp wise. Even if I'm in bed with him, he never comes under the doona with me. He's always toasty so I don't think it's the cold. I think I've just spoilt him and comforted him too much to sleep. He's become dependant on me and needs to be re-educated.

I bought Pinky's book so I'll have a read of that tonight (mind you I also bought Grey's Anatomy Season 1 on DVD and I watched 3 episodes whilst Blake had his nap instead of reading it, so....)

Have a good night. Fingers crossed we do!

Rachel - sorry to read about the difficulty Blake has in settling himself. We too have had a rough time with Al from the start. Really only been the past few weeks where I have forced myself not to jump up when he cries during the night. And much to my surprise he is managing to re-settle himself. Not every time, but its much better than he would have been able to do a few months ago. I hope things improve there before December and you don't need to use the sleep school for anything but some additional rest time for you.

Hay - glad your feeling better. Whats Pup up to these days? Got him working on the farm yet?

Bec, Kate, Gemma - I'm jealous. Did the kids have fun too?

Vanita - good that the orchidectomy can wait - lets hope that is something that sorts itself out naturally. Poor little love on the puffer.

Hi Gemma and Heather and Brooke!

Still no news here on the house front. Saw a few options this week, but nothing worthwhile unfortunately.
    I am nervous about the pregnancy, but have only to wait until next week and will be able to see if its ok on the scan.
    Al's excema (sp?) is better on his face, but I noticed a new little red patch on his leg tonight. I hope its not bloody excema too!!!

Oh Kate,
    How lovely, seeing your little one so close to the birth. Must have been surreal! What does this mean for you?? Are you going to try for another vaginal birth or go for a Caesarean (sp). Hope you are having a quiet day, catching up on some much needed rest after your busy day.

xx

Go Kate Go
    Go Kate Go
    Gooooooo Kate !!!!!!
    Of course you can do it, you are woman, hear you roar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hay- Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Bugger that your DH has it now, and I bet he's worse than you huh? lol.

Rachel- Bloody teeth huh? I hope they stop giving Blake trouble soon. Sounds like the changes you made are good, I hope they continue. Sorry that your DH is away too, that can't be easy especially seeing as your feeling pretty flat, I hope the time whizzes by and he's back before you know it. Good luck with Pinky's book I really hope it helps, and I hope you enjoy watching GA Oh and lunch was good, it would have been good if you could have come, would have been lovely to see you again too but we'll see each other soon I'm sure.

Deb- Yep the kids had a great time, although Jonah was a bit of a cranky pants at times. I'm sorry that you're finding it so hard to find a new place Maybe it's taking time because you will find the absolutely perfect place and it's just not available yet? Good luck with your scan, I'm sure your little one will be fine

Kate- As always it was lovely seeing you again too Yes he was quite the welcoming party wasn't he? I think he knows who you are now. Whenever I know I'm going to see you I tell him we're going to see our friend Kate and our friend Kelsey. Bugger you day took it out of you, but it's only to be expected at this point huh? Sounds like you had a lovely evening as well. And I second Vanita, GO KATE GO!!! I'm really busting about you being so close, it's so very exciting, I know I keep saying it but I can't help it.

Thanks Bec. Great that you and the kids had a good meet up. Yeah, the place we want is out there somewhere...we sent a few more emails out today so wait and see.

How fab Kate to have a close look at bub now. Sounds like its all on track for the birth you wished for. You will be fine! And its possible bub will even come earlier, so you could be in for a comparatively easier birth.

Kate, i know you can do it, it will be wonderful, and as Deb said s/he could come early and it could be easier!
    I didnt have an ob with Hendy, we had him at the birthing center, and yep i booked in again as they fill up really quickly.

Im off to bed. Im already exhausted!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, we have Rianna's bday party here tomorrow, have just finished her Fifi flowertot cake, and have to mop the floors before bed, have a great one all.

Hope Rianna has a great party. Aren't you a wonderful mum Vanita, god bless you and your Fifi flowertot cake!

Our weekend is going well. No new developments here.
    Have a good sunday people.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Vanita- Happy party day to Rianna, I hope it went well. I hope you took piccies of the cake

Kate- It is really nice that they do know each other and get on well PMSL at us being in-laws, how weird would that be?? Not in a bad way but it would be strange. Atleast we'd know that Jonah would have the loveliest in-laws and the best MIL

Well things are going well here, we got the keys for our new place yesterday and took some stuff that we bought for it over there. It needs a couple of things fixing up and a clean (it's been empty for a long time apparently) but it's so great. So much more room for us to spread out and for Jonah to romp about in. We're thinking about getting a new fridge we thought that maybe the one we have now wouldn't fit but it should but ours is quite old and I would hate for it to crap out on us before we can get a new one. So the one we are looking at is a bit bigger than the one we have now and it has a water dispenser, Ben's going to measure the hole for it today to make sure it will fit before we go ahead and buy it.

It's a lovely day here in Melb so I hope you fellow Melb girls are enjoying the weather. Jonah had swimming this morning and Ben's going to be taking a few boxes and stuff over to the new house later on.

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday

belmarks Guest

hi girls, wow, I received a notification, something must be going right in the system!!

Bec, good luck with the new place, you'll love it Im sure!!

Kate, good luck for your final days, not long now, could be any moment really....Just try to take it easy, I know that's easier said than done with a little one at home!!

Vanita, how did Rianna's party go? Hope the cake was a hit!

We spent the day up in the valley yesterday, because DH went skydiving. First time and he went on his own. He did an accelerated freefall course on the Saturday and then jumped on Sunday arvo, he had two instructors/pro's next to him the whole time, but he was doing it on his own. I was so proud of him. It was such a thrilling experience and he couldn't get the smile off his face afterwards. He is going to go again, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets his full training and licence to jump whenever he pleases. It ended up a hot day and we only thought we'd be there for the morning so we all ended up a little bit sunburnt, even Coby which I am not very impressed about, but its done now, I can't change it, but it doesn't make me feel any less guilty about it. Like I said, I thought we'd be home before lunch, but ended up there until 4.30pm, from now on Im putting sunscreen in the glovebox of the car for cases like this!!

Hope you all had a great weekend...

Hey girls,

We'll be MIA this week, as we are off on a little 'holiday' to the west coast. Will be visiting with the IL's as well. Should be good to have some time away with DH after such a long period of hard work.

Will be back in touch next weekend.Hope you all stay well.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast