Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #17

belmarks Guest

Hey Vanita, good to hear from you, haven't seen you around for a bit... Poo to the teeth and the cold. It must be going around, we've got colds and teeth coming too, its horrible!

Brooke, the futon sounds ok, especially if you are getting a new mattress for it, I think the usual mattresses are pretty hard aren't they?? Im envious of you living in WA, its so beautiful over there, maybe soon we will come for a visit and get to meet you. I loved it over there, so lovely and clean...

Bec, I thought you would be putting up a guard. Gee what a big boy for going into a big boys bed, good on him. And if it keeps him settled and sleeping, well even better!!

Deb, how you feeling today honey?

For those who asked we're off to Canberra to visit my SIL and her hubby but the main reason we are going is because DH is in a Country Oztag side and the championships are on down there. Its a good excuse for a few days away. Just hope Coby is alright travelling all that way....

I'll be missing for a few days, we are back on Tuesday evening I think.

We have U2 on Monday night in Sydney, can't wait. Is anyone else going to see them while they're here? We saw LIVE just recently, best concert ever!! Probably going to see Pink when she comes out in May next year also...

And I found out another pearl about what my MIL has been doing with Coby when Im at work, thank goodness my mum is back on the job!! She told my mum last week that she had given Coby CAKE, CHIPS AND LOLLIES!! I was so furious...ggrrrrr

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Brooke- Hehehehehehe, I will definitely take pictures And I will of course show them to all of you. I don't see either why a futon wouldn't work, atleast give it a go and seee how she goes, you've got it anyway right? So if it works then you don't need to go out and buy another one.

Vanita- This year has gone fast hasn't it? It's amazing how fast it has zoomed along. I hope the big girls have a great birthday and party. Bugger about the cold, is Dion better now? If not I hope you both get better soon.

Bel- Yes it's definitely better, he's so much more settled now, no more screaming and crying at bed time now, at the end it was just ridiculous and sad. Have fun in Canberra and enjoy your time away. Have a great time at U2, I'm sure you will. I'm spewing we're not going I hope they will come back again before they decide to pack it in. *TamaraP* and Tracey are going to the concert (not together though) but they are going. We are going to see Billy Joel on Sunday night though (our anniversary present this year, although our anniversary was on Monday, hehehehe) and in February we're going to see Little Britain Live in Sydney, although I'm not sure if anyone in here has heard of Little Britain, but it's very hilarious and we can't wait.

Hi to everyone else.

Kate, wow the photos sound like a great idea. lovely pressie. LOL Rianna is in a size 2- 3 ( needs 3 for long pants,as 2's too short) and dion is in a 0 -1 ( mainly 1 's, but some pants fall off him) the girls are in a 10 -12 (they will be 8 in a few weeks LOL)
    Dion wears a size 4 -5 shoe, Rianna wears an 8- 9 shoe, and the big girls are a 4- 5( ladies)

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwww thanks Kate, I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time No I missed the LB boys on Enough Rope, I was hoping they would replay it but I haven't seen it. Jonah is size 1 pants and some size 1 and 2 tops, long sleeves are starting to get too short so he probably needs a 2 in those, hopefully the weather will really get going so he won't need them any more, and I noticed today that his size 5 sandals are almost too small so he'll probably need new ones soon. Your pics sound lovely, what a nice idea for an extra gift, I'm sure the parents will be chuffed

Popping in quickly. I'll catch up on the last few pages tomorrow, but wanted to add in about clothes etc. Blake wears size 2 tops - although on Tuesday he wore a size 3 for the first time, and generally size 1 pants although he still wears his size 0 jeans even if they are a bit short, as I'm not buying any more this side of summer. Blake started in size 5.5 Clarks shoes and will be, no doubt getting size 6 for his summer sandals. I'm a bit fussy about shoes and only buy Clarks or similar. When kids wear hand-me-down shoes, their feet have to contend with the 'footprints' of the previous wearer, and if their footshape is different, which happens as everyone has slightly different shaped & sized feed, the new wearer can have their body out of alignment from having to deal with the imprint. It's just me, it's a foot thing. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but for me, new shoes are a must. OK, off my soap box!

As I said, will add more tomorrow, but wanted to say hi and let you know I'm still around.

Oh yeah Vanita. I wasn't until today that you mentioned in your post that someone buzzed you that I realised that all your 'midnight' posts are from work. At least I assume they are. I thought you were just a really bad insomniac!

ETA: Kate, Blake's been wearing size 2's for AGES!

What's everyone buying for the bubs (although they're not that little any more really *sob*) for Christmas?
    Love to all!

Hi girls,

We are fully recovered YAY! Al has been so demanding whilst sick so I am relieved to say he is in day care this morning and I have a break. I feel wonderful. I'll keep this brief as I have a few things to do.

Kate - What a shame that your sister didn't want to join in on the photo shoot. Can you try convincing her again? Al is the same size as Dion by the sounds of things, he can still fit into 0 but also wears 1...we struggle keeping the pants up though. He is in 4-5 shoes as well. 4 in sandals and 5 in boots as we usually have thick socks underneath..getting colder here. But as I said he is under 10 kgs and probably closer to 9 after this illness. Cute sounding santa outfits. Al has to wear a hat when we're out these days cos of the cold and we have to tie it on him otherwise he will take it off. Maybe you could sew a couple of ribbons onto each side of the hat and then tie it under her chin,if you really want to keep it on.

Bec- wow at going to Billy Joel. I saw him a hundred years ago when I was a fan. I wonder if he will play the same stuff? Is it in a big venue? I hope you enjoy it and happy anniversary!

Brooke - any further thoughts on the bed? As far as feng shui goes, I think they would say Maya needs to feel this is her own bed. So make sure that if you do decide to recycle yours, you give it fresh sheets and mattress protector etc so that she feels it is hers IYKWIM?

Bel - U2! Another band I've seen at the Syd Ent Centre so many years ago. All the old favourites are coming out again. They should put on a good show, enjoy! Hope Canberra is fun and Coby enjoys the drive (ie sleeps). Maybe have a word to MIL about NUTRITION, hasn't she ever heard of it????? Bloody hell, what a shocker! Problem is it probably won't make any difference what you say, she will do it anyway. Just make sure if they are at your place, that these food items are hidden from her so the temptation isn't there..

Vanita- I am not sure about boys being more common here. I know within our mothers group we have 5 boys and 1 girl, so it is certainly the case in that regard, so it may well be true. This year has certainly gone fast! Our kids are going to be driving us to the nursing home before we know it!

Okay so much for making it short! Hope you are all well Heather, Gemma, Rachel, Hay, Beckles and anyone else I missed..

Yep Rachel, am at work when I reply at odd times, definately NO imsomnia here LOL ( unless I am paid to be an insomniac...)

Brooke, sorry to hear the budget is tight, I must admit that I remeber those early day when mortgage and kids were new, I dunno I think you just learn how to adjust after a while. I am the layby queen, LOL, I admit my life is comfortable, and not a struggle like the early days ( at least until we get a bigger house ) We have about 11 people to buy for, as on DH's side there are no kids, and we have younger siblings, so no Kris kringle here either ( bumma) TBH I buy something small, but personal, I dont usually spend more than $20 a person ( when the kids were little it was $5 - $10 ) you know a nice set of coffee cups, a personalised glass, a tshirt, stuff on spec at house ( platters etc) good luck, you can always try the voucher idea ( an hour long massage, babysitting, ironing etc) good luck.

Deb, it sounds as if our little tykes are very similar doesnt it. would love to see them together ( though Dion is a bit of a rough nut)

Dion has bitten a few of the boys at playgroup. There are 2 boys who think he's their personal doll, and they pick him up and drag him around, so when he cracks it, he used to head butt them , well we have been strongly discouraging the head butting, so now he's bitten them, UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tell him off, but in a way i feel its the older boys own fault KWIM............. they are 3 and 4 and frankly should leave him alone. anyway thats my winge for the day.
    Love to all, must go and do what Im getting paid for.
    v

Well Dion threw a tantie at swimming and bit me on the shoulder - yelp !!!!!!!!!!now I have a lovely bruise mark on there _ UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!gotta go get the girlies from school
    mwah

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hi girls

Just popping in quickly to say Jonah had his first night in his bed last night and BEST thing ever to have done, and I know for sure that it was time. He slept wonderfully. He was in a huge crank yesterday so went to bed at 7:30, only cried out once in the night, he needed his pipe (dummy) and slept until 8am. Didn't cry at the door when he got up like usual (even when he was on the mattress on the floor he would cry at the door), he just knocked on the door and I knew he was awake. So big woooohooooo's here

Well I was going to post a big post yesterday and ended up playing with something creative - oops sorry. It was a BB thing though, so stay tuned.

Kate, I hope you got a better night's sleep last night after the accupuncturist. Brave little Rylee did so well. And it sounds like Kelse had fun at your old work too. I hope that it works out for you to go back to work. It will be good to have your Mum close by to look after the girls too. Good luck with the 3 weeks off dairy. It wont be as hard as you think. Can you have soy as a substitute as I know it's hard to have tea or coffee without milk - although from memory am I right to say you don't drink either?

Vanita, OUCH! for Dion biting you at swimming. Little monkey! My mother would say to bite him back. She had to do that with one of her wombats who would always bite her ankles. She bit Bridget -the wombat - whenever she bit Mum on the ankles and Bridget stopped biting very quickly! True story!

Brooke, I hope you're feeling better honey. There's nothing worse that feeling like crap. I'm glad you worked out what you would do with Maya and the double bed. It's great having BB to bounce things off, isn't it? Congrats on finding your wedding dress too (I'm a few posts behind!) I remember shopping for mine like that. You try on a few, and them BAM! you find the 'right' one. I'm sure it's gorgeous.

Bel, did you have your accupuncturist appointment? How did it go? How's Coby doing? I hope that you enjoy U2 on Monday. I'm so envious of everyone (in general) going to all these shows. I would love to see U2, Kylie, Pearl Jam and Robbie Williams (yeah a mixed bag of entertainers I know) but all the tickets went on sale when we were about to go to Paris, so I had to make my decisions then. I'm glad I chose Paris, but wish I could do both!

Bec, it sounds like Jonah had a fabulous night in his new bed. How grown up he is! Do you feel like you've lost your baby now, or are you just so excited to share the experience of growning with him? I know Viv was 2.5yrs I think, when she went into a bed or 2 1/4. Before that we had the side off the cot for about a month. She loved her bed, but she was a lot older. Blake will be staying put for now, after all we've only just got his sleeping sorted out. He does like lying on the car bed in his room when he's tired. Sometimes he just climbs onto it cause it's low and easy to get on. He loves it and will probably be in it by the time he's two.

Brooke, you'll be interested to know that I took Blake to get his shoes checked to see if they still fit - which they do - and we got him measured for sandals for summer. Well I couldn't believe it. He'll be getting a 6.5G for his next shoe! OMG how big is that!!! I guess he is a big boy. They needed to order them in for him cause they didnt' have that size. I was hoping for a last season shoe to save a bit of money(yep our budget is tight too), but they didn't have any!

Hi Deb. How are you going honey? Sounds like winter is starting to head your way. How's Al doing since his time in hospital? Sounds lilke he's starting to enjoy day care. It's hard when they do, isn't it? You're torn between wanted them not to need you, and wanting them to enjoy themselves and be happy. I hope it works out ok. Hopefully you can enjoy the quiet time for you and your bump. Still got m/s? I hope it goes sonn if you do.

Hi Gemma. Sounds like work is keeping you quite busy. How's your gorgeous Amy going? Have all her bumps and bruises gone? Say hi to DH for us. We hope to see you and/or him at the next meet. Please let him know he and Amy are more than welcome if he wants to hang out with a bunch of chicks!

Hi Hay. Sounds like the show was a big success and a whole lot of fun. I bet your cows are glad to be back in the paddock being normal cows again? How's Pup? Getting big I bet. Come and visit again soon when you have time.

As I might have mentioned (or not) DH installed our dishwasher last weekend. It was a hand me down that we had had in our garage for nearly 2 years as we couldn't a 'spot' to put it in the kitchen. Well DH decided last weekend it was going in, no matter what. He did an amazing job but unfortunately I lost my applicance cupboard so for the time being they're all sitting on my dining table. At least we can all eat at the breakfast bar/kitchen bench to eat our meals. Today we put a deposit on a kitchen dresser which we will put the applicances and other stuff into. We'll get it next weekend so another week without a table, but then I get a dresser. Woo hoo! And it was DH's idea!!!

As I mentioned I've got to wait for Blake's size 6.5G summer sandals to come in! What a boofa! He's such a gorgeous loving boy most of the time, but he does have ratbag in him, and has taken to hitting when he gets frustrated. Viv doesn't like it much as he usually is hitting her - ahh the joys of having a brother! He's now got 14 teeth as two eye teeth have cut - he may even have another but he wont let me look, and I sometimes forget too!

Better go ice a cake for a friend. It's her birthday today so we're taking a cake around for afternoon tea when Blake wakes up.

Enjoy this beautiful sunny Saturday everyone.
    Last edited by wardygirl; November 11th, 2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

wow Rache, what a fabo post. I did bite him back ( gently on the arm, to try gain his attention too, coz he was still attached to me!!!!)great news about the dishwasher and dresser too!!! We got a dishwasher with this house, and I tell you I will never go without now!!! : ) we had a new cupboard put in a couple of weekends ago, as when we got the new fridge we needed to move the microwave into our old cupboard, so I lost some space, ( but I got a new pantry out of it LOL) what a big foot!!! Dion still wears his size 4 winter shoes, and his summer sandals are a 5 and still have a fair bit of room at the toe

Hay, hope you are feeling well, and enjoying a BD fest.

Gemma, work and assignments must be keeping you busy

Bec WOOHOO for Jonah, what a big boy!!! you must be very proud.

Deb, I hope you are all well, are you still on the home lookout???

Brooke, yippee for the wedding dress, I was hoping to wear my old one for next year, but I havent lost a single kilo yet, despite the gym and walks, and diet improvements, so I might have to look at other options ( dont really want to spend much of course)

Kate hope Rylee's acupuncture went well, and the reflux settles. I couldnt have dairy when bf ( as I am lactose intolerant myself and it caused the kids massive belly aches- )I used to drink lactose free milk, its in the UHT aisle at the supermarket.

well got inspired, and spent the morning at fountain gate, and got some xmas shopping done, gosh its already getting hairy out there!!! Dion has spent the morning asleep or crying, poor darlin' he's leaking out of every orifice lOL, snot, tears, and dribble!!!!! the littlies both asleep now, so must get off her, and get the roast organised for dinner so we can go for a 9 km walk when they wake up.
    mwah

well the roast is on, the vegies prepared, am going to pop my sneakers on, and will have to wake the littlies - which i hate doing, but wont have time to walk if I dont, as with the big girls along the walk takes 1& 1/2 hrs so need to head off to get back to put the roast vegies in, hey Kate we take take a cyber walk together, have you got a pusher both girls go in? If so, pop on your sneakers and lets go!!!!
    It would be lovely to have you along.

C U all later.

woohoo Kate, good girl Rylee........ hope it works and you get a great night zzzzzzzzzzzz
    sending lotsa sleepy vibes your way
    Ummm cant think of anything other than the obvious. I am intolerant, not allergic, so can tolerate small amount, just not able to have a dairy fest. check your mayo, other than that nothing comes to mind.

Kate, I'm glad Rylee did so well at the accupuncturist (will have to work out an abbreviation for that as I have to think too much when I type it! LOL) I hope it gives you all a good night sleep. Pls tell Kelse she'll get extra kisses from Blake if she sleeps well tonight for you.

Enjoy your Dad's party tomorrow. Wish him happy birthday for us!

HI lovelies,

Kate - Great that Rylee is 'enjoying' her accupuncture and is sleeping. Your dad is a spring chicken! Happy birthday to him. Avoid milk chocolate Kate, maybe if you need a choc fix go for dark choc. And my DH often uses coconut milk as a milk substitute.

Vanita -I agree our little boys would probably be Trouble put together. Al isn't violent but his screams (whether he's playing or crying) can cause hearing damage! Good on you for getting out there and walking, you should be seeing some good results. Haven't found anything yet as far as a new place goes, still looking..got any ideas?

Rachel - ooh what's the creative thing you're doing for BB? We have all be hit by gastro thanks to what the doctor calls the 'daycare plague' - seems it is a part of a initiation for families starting up. We were worried at first Al's temp would spike and we would see more convulsions but thankfully it didn't happen. I have been lucky enough not to get m/s this preg too. I'm jealous of your sunny saturday! Hope you had a good weekend.

Bec- yay Jonah and sleeping so well in his bed. Has he kept it up?

Brooke - how are you feeling?? Have you had to buy the HPT yet? We don't overspend here too, but mind you we are living in one of the most expensive cities in the world - I think Copenhagen is closely behind Oslo and Tokyo! So it is just absurd and no bloody wonder we are cramped in this little place. I heard home prices were going up in Perth still. I wish I knew the secret to having millions of dollars Brooke, or simply enough to afford to live a little luxuriously.

Bel - I think it was you that asked why I think its a boy. It is just a feeling. When mum was visiting she took a look at me and said 'boy'. And mums are always right, right? lol We were visiting some friends yesterday and they have 2 boys age 9 and 7 and they were sooo lovely. They are best of friends and play together and were super sweet with Al. So I think DH saw the light, and realised that having 2 boys isn't such a terrible thing afterall. I was beginning to worry that he was going to be so disappointed if we didn't have a girl.

Just a quicky before Blake has lunch and then his sleep. I took Blake to the MCHC today to weigh him - we didn't have an appointment but we can weigh any time. He's now 12.5kg. I think that's the same is Kelsey, isn't it Kate?

Then we went to the library to get some books and to the supermarket. I think I'm going to take Blake to story time at the library next year. I think it will help him to be a few months older cause they do stories then a craft activity and puzzles. He'll appreciate it more in 3 or 4 months once schools back.

Running around as usual after Viv. She has school swimming every day for 2 weeks so its lots of washing - bathers, towel and hair! each day, plus skating Monday & Wedensday but we also need to go today as she needs to get new stoppers for her skates and wants to give them a 'test drive'. And my husband laughs and asks me if I'm going to be watching Oprah again today. Does he think I sit on my bum all day? (I know he doesn't but he often jokes about it!)

Oh yeah, Bel, how was U2?

belmarks Guest

Hi girls, we're back, but just a quick one from me cause Im soooo tired!!

Coby is going well.

He wears 00 pants and 0 shirts, he only weighs 9.8kgs and is a size 4 shoe (with the Clarks measurement thingy)

Glad Rylee's acupuncture went well, hopefully it continues. Im raving about mine, I really think its working beautifully!

Well done to Jonah about the big bed. Its great to get a good nights sleep huh!!

Brooke, I remember when we first moved into our house we were tight for a while, dunno what it was really, just one of those things I guess...

Deb, yes it was me who was asking about the sex of bub and why you had those thoughts...are you going to find out?

Vanita you sound like such a fitness fenatic. I try to go for a run on the treadmill everyday, but that hasn't happened lately. I have personal training on Mondays, then play netball, then on Wednesday personal training again. I love fitness, but I hate the thought of going, but when I get there I love it!!

How is Blake going with his sleeping??

Oh Kate . hope the Zantac does the trick. Hugs babe. We are DEFINATELY having just 2 babies! I am almost certain I just am not cut out for this motherhood role some days - it is so challenging. Lack of sleep over such a long period of time really breaks the best of us down. I hope you can get some rest and revive. Al has started a new thing of waking at 3am until 5am - bright as a bean. I have been sitting up with him in the dark on the lounge - he is quiet but awake. Finally gets back to sleep to wake again for the day at 6ish! With my preg insomnia there is no chance I can get back to sleep again..but DH has been wonderful and getting up with him at 6, otherwise I think I would have jumped out the window by now.
    Welcome back Bel. We won't be finding out the sex, we had the ultrasound last week and there won't be anymore, if all goes well. Good on you for getting out there and doing your sport!
    Rachel - you are a busy one! Hope Viv likes the stoppers on her skates. They make an outdoor ice skating rink every winter in a square around the corner from us here. I noticed today they are beginning to clear the space for it. I doubt I will be going though, as I am not any good at skating and being preggers as well,probably just isn't wise.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast