Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #17

Hello my lovelies, well what a rotten night I had, DH was on night shift, and I have to work nights tonight too ( mum is sleeping over) and Dion woke at 3:40 am, WTF??????? so unless I somehow manage to sneak in a nap I'll be awake 28 hrs before I even knock off tomorrow morning UGH, killing me..... ( forget what its like to be up in the wee hrs Kate....think I might be glad after all that Im finished )
    better go get the girls ready for school
    mwah

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwwww Vanita Little monkey. I do hope you get to have a nap today.

I think I remember a few of you asking how Jonah was going in his bed? He's going wonderfully. Not once has he fallen out so the bed guard is doing it's job and he's sleeping all the way through again. Not once has he woken at 5am and had to come into our bed to sleep the rest of the way. I/We leave the door open once I/we have gone to bed and he just wanders down to us in the morning and wakes us up, usually he'll get into bed with me/us and has a cuddle before I/we get up. Thanks for asking about him

Brooke- Good to see you haven't left us, I hope you don't leave us too often if you have to, but understand why you have to step away at times. I'm glad that your meds are helping you to feel better too.

Hi to everyone else

Kate & Vanita, sorry to hear that you haven't slept well. I hope you get to catch up soon.

Brooke, like the others have said post whenever you can and don't feel that you have to keep up with the personals. But, we do want to know how you are going and Maya of course!

update, well as usual I tried to have a nap .... nope. The school rang after I had been asleep for about 10 mins, then someone knocked at the door, then it was too late, Dion on the other hand has been asleep since 1. ( still snoozing ) Ahhh to be a baby again hehehe.

belmarks Guest

hi girls, sorry I haven't been posting, we've got so much on at the moment, im finding it hard to get online at all.

Brooke I totally understand because Im feeling a bit the same way. You have my email addy if you wanna chat hun xxoo

I've read up on everyone's stuff and hope you are all going well, no time to catch up now, sorry, hopefully later on...

Hi girls,

so sorry I've been MIA, but I ended up is hospital with a damn migraine! Jeez. I started to get a bad headache on Saturday and then on Sunday it was a migraine, but the drs in our town are hard to see on a weekend (we don't have any drs at the hosptial....they have to be called in and you just get whoever's on). So I left it until Monday and by then I was screaming from pain, although i had panadiene forte and tramal at home to ease it a bit. Anyway, 1 stab of pethadine, 2 stabs of morphine, on a drip, maxaolon, phenergan, zolphren....drugged up, feeling great man!!!!!!

Still got the headache a bit, but feel 1,000,000% on what I did. I have always suffered from migraines, but it another thing to be so sick and have a baby that needs you. Fortunatley mum and MIL looked after him (alhtough mum is a wreck now!!) I also hate having to recount my "story" over and over and over to different drs just because I can't get in to see mine. So frustrating. Don't they look at your chart on the computer??? (our drs are in a clinic and can share patients). It's a real sh*t when after lengthly consultation and trial and error with one doctor, and come up with a treatment plan (mine is to use the drugs for as long as possible at home and then when I can't get on top or start vomiting - which I was...constantly - then to go in for pethadine or morphone. But then you get another dr that "doesn't approve of opiates" and you get left a bit int he lurch. Grrrr. I completely understand the whole aversion to hard drugs, but when they are part of a treatment plan that has already been agreed on (and let's face it, I'm not on them every week or anything), it just seems like a waste of time. Especially when your brain is leaking out your ears!!!!!!

Vent over! LOL

So that's where I've been. Still in the TWW. Dunno what's going on.

God she is a sweetie Brooke. Wanna swap? ;-) Wish I had a nice story to tell about Al.
    He has been teething again today so I am over him...sleeping now allelujah. Oh yeah, he says 'peeboo' meaning peekaboo, thats pretty cute.

Sorry to hear about the painful migraines Hayseed. You'd probably have more luck scoring a hit up the street by the sounds of it (joke). Maybe through some freedom of information thing you can get access to your medical records, take copies, and show the doctors whenever this happens. It just sounds so absurd that you have to go through what you do when you are already in pain.

Hope you've recovered from your long day/night Vanita.

Well, off tomorrow. I checked the little computer we bought Al, put batteries in and read the instructions, so we would be all organised for the big surprise on the plane. And low and behold, there is no volume control on it. Bloody thing is loud!!! So no way we will be able to use it on the plane, it is so irritating. grrrrr!!! Hope he likes his colouring pencils lol.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwwwwww Hay you poor thing Sounds awful what you go through, so glad that you are feeling better now.

Brooke- Awwwwwww how sweet. It's amazing how much they understand even though they themselves can't talk very much.

Deb- Bugger about the computer, hopefully the pencils will be enough entertainment. Hope you have a good trip.

Well we had a mishap in the bath last night. No matter how many times I tell him off Jonah still stands up in the bath. Well last night I dashed out to grap a towel as I had forgotten in, on my way back and I hear a thud followed by crying and screaming. I run in to find that he had slipped over, must have hit his face on the edge, the roof of his mouth was bleeding and one of his front teeth is chipped. He's been quite naughty lately, as well as that he's been pulling the gate to the laundry down ad getting in and throwing kitty litter or cat food into the cat's water, grrrrrrrrrr. Hope everyone else is behaving.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwwww Kate, totally understandable how you are feeling. Poor little Rylee, I really hope the meds are working and that you're all tucked up snuggly in bed sleeping. Remember I am here if you need me, I can be there in half a jiff, well maybe a jiff and a bit. Thinking of you hun.

Brooke- A non slip mat is a good idea. He's only started doing it recently, I think it's because he showers with Ben a lot if Ben doesn't have time to give him a bath (bath time is usually Daddy and Jonah time). I only bath him if he's done a poo and it's getting close to bath time, figures he'd do an injury one of the time I am bathing him. I don't usually leave him alone in the bath but I just happened to forget his towel which only took vey little time to get but still time enough for him to hurt himself, I feel so awful and will probably until the chipped tooth falls out, hmmmmm, when do they start losing teeth?

Wow Kate honey, I too am here if you need anything, dont worry about the IRL annoyers, we understand completely how defenseless and vulnerable our little ones are, and how we would like to shelter them from pain i hope the medication was worth the wait, and that it doesnt take long to see results.

Bec, bad, bad mother LOL LOL LOL. Dion goes under the water, and I wait to see if he'll pop up himself, or needs a hand. Though a lot of the time I'm in a hurry so I have all 4 in the bath, so there's no room for him to fall ( except onto a wet, wiggly sister LOL) I have bath mats in, they work well, Dion has at least one shower and one bath a day, as he comes and joins in, even if he doesnt need it LOL. Toofy pegs start to fall out at about 6.

Deb, peeboo is absolutely gorgeous ( I have a grunter for a son.... ) what about putting material and tape over the speaker of the laptop to muffle the noise???? thanks for thinking of me, but as usual I only had about 4 hrs sleep, and then 4 hrs yesterday, wont get basically any tomorrow,as have to stay up and go to swimming lessons, I think I will have an early night friday LOL

Brooke, hey I cook dinner, stack the dishwasher, get the pj's out, etc etc whilst Dion in the bath ( though I must admit, not if he's alone) Maya sounds like a very precious little girl,a nd I have to say very intuitive and soooo gorgeous ( can I trade too??? - JK)

Hay, hope the migraine is well and truly gone, and you are back to your old self. Sorry to hear you ahd a rough time getting the treatment you needed.

Well we have the big girls jazz concert on Sat. a LOOOONG day it will be, have to be there for dress rehearsals at 10 am, then the matinee at 2, and the evening performance at 7. and its an hr away, so with the cost of petrol etc its not worth traveling backwards and forwards ( not really enough time either) so the girls and I are staying there the whole day. Mum will lokk after the littlies whilst DH comes to the evening show. nothing planned for sunday, but relaxing LOL
    well best be off its time for the two am round.
    love to all.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Thanks Brooke Well a chipped tooth and good looks shall be in his favour then. we'll have to beat the girls off with a stick, lol.

Awwww Vanita Don't say that, lol. PMSL at falling onto a wet, wiggly sister. Good luck on Saturday with your busy day, I hope you have a relaxing Sunday.

woo hooser. love to you all.

Awesome news Hay. Now Gemma and I just have to join all you other ladies!

Blake's being a bit of a monster this week. Throwing lots of things at Viv and generally being cheeky. Still waiting for his last eye tooth to come through so maybe that's bothering him, or not. Who knows!

Been busy doing Xmas shopping and nearly all finished - at least for the kids and DH. Got a few family Kris Kringle to go, but not many, thank goodness.

Heading off to Werribee Park Mansion for the Harvest Picnic on Sunday with my siblings and step-mum. Her idea which is nice. It's only going to be 23 so not to hot either! I hope Blake copes cause he isn't going to get much sleep. I'm sure he'll just run around like crazy!

Oh and back to the shoe saga - did I mention this already? He's not a 6.5G - they swam on him! He's back into 23 E+ which is between a 5.5 and a 6, and it's wide enough to cover E,F or G fittings. Don't know how they got 6.5G from original measure, but he fits the new sandals we got.

Not much other news... off to snuggle with DH on the couch

OMG. I sounds so rude not commenting on anyone elses news. I think I missed a whole page or something - sorry.

Kate, I'm so sorry to hear about Rylee and her sleepless, painful nights. I'm glad that you got to see the paed - even if it meant a whole day running around. I hope that her new meds help her out, stop her discomfort and give you all some sleep. Please, please call me. I can come down and look after the girls for a while and you can get some sleep if you like. I'll bring you some meals - whatever you need.

Bec, sorry to hear about Jonah's tooth. Don't stress about it. My Godson did the same about this age. It didnt' bother him at all, and had no impact on his second teeth. Jonah will be fine, and yes, it will add character until he loses the tooth in a few years.

Brooke, ouch for your nose, but awww for your precious Maya. What caring, loving little girl she is. She sounds like such a wonderful little princess. You and Dan should be so proud of her. I'm so glad too, that you haven't stayed away for long. Clear your head whenever you need to, but never forget us - we'll miss you too damn much!

Deb, bummer about the laptop. As Vanita said, maybe you can do something to lower the volume by covering the speaker some how. Have a wonderful time in Turkey.

Bel, sorry I missed you in the baby dust stakes. I was talking to Gemma on the phone today, and her name was fresh in my mind. Baby dust coming your way too

Vanita, I hope you manage to catch up on some sleep - what with work, activities and whatnot! And I imagine another 9km ride, you amazing woman!

Kate, good luck with the photos tomorrow. Sounds like a whole lot of fun, and a beautiful pressie. Hope you get a good night with the girls.

Brooke - clever Maya for her 'tummy trick' and saying home. Blake's a grunter like Dion, I have to say. Although today he started saying Ta for the first time. Woo Hoo, a break through!

*bump*

Where is everyone? I guess you're all out enjoying the sunshine (or at work). Blake's having a sleep, and I'm just having my lunch and a quick surf. DH is home today, and boy is it cramping my style! He's not feeling great, but you sure know they're at home.

We went to the park for a walk and a play this morning and Blake had a wonderful time. He's been very selective about what he eats at the moment, and I think it's because his last eye tooth (tooth #16) is trying to come through. Poor boy.

Can you believe it's less than a month til Christmas? In fact I think it was 4 weeks yesterday! I'm getting through my Christmas shopping and only have a few left. How's everyone else going?

Better go do some work so it looks like I do do stuff when DH's at work!

Enjoy your day!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm here wishing Jonah would have a sleep so I can finish cleaning the house. Ben's sister arrives tomorrow (she's staying for 2 weeks).

We finished our Chrissy shopping last week but we haven't gotten each other anything yet.

Hi girls,

Sorry I donít have time to post ATM, but will catch up soon.

I did want to update on one thing, Amy is now running through the house squealing loudly. I wonder where she got that from? Bec, any ideas?? Anyway it is so cute that she is doing it, thanks to Jonah after our last meet up. Her teeth are finally settling down after cutting 4 at once.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast