Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #18

wow thats a fabulous post Rachel.
    Are you looking forward to having the school holidays?? I know I am. Are you using cloth on Blake now?? How are they going??

Kate, That the paed will be able to help you all out ( Rylee and yourself especially) Fabbo that mums here now, you should try get some zzzzzzzzzz in whilst she's around.

Deb, awww:hugs: I hope you will start feeling a bit brighter again soon, cry whenever you need to, thats what tears are for. Yeuch at exams, I swore I'd never study again after I finished uni

Hay, great that little bubs is growing nicely, what are you calling this one?? Kitty???? LOL How is pup, are you looking forward to him opening his pressies????

Brooke, yeah for ac, I couldnt live without it, I LOOOOVE mine. Thats lovely that your mum is there for chrissy. wow all done in a day. I have spent at least 4 hrs just wrapping, and am not even half way through. I start the kids shopping in july.

Bec, have missed you, good that the IL's have gone, so we get you back

Gemma, hope you are all well, and Amy is looking forward to christmas.

Hiya Lisa, welcome, hope you are enjoying Brooke, it seems like they are so grown up, but compared to my others, Dion is definately still my bubba boy.

Bel, its a pain I dont always get notifications either, I just keep one in my emails, and just check daily.

Hiya Heather hope you are feeling jazzed up for the silly season.

Well to us, Dion is yuck again, probably smoke to some extent, so coughing and wheezing, back on the puffers, and not sleeping well at night then sleeping half the day away, Oh well looks like its gunna just be his lot in life to bear. The girls finished school yesterday, and Im not sure whos more excited, them or me???? I am finishing work in 3 1/2 hrs and have 3 weeks off, so looking forward to that. I had a reassessment at gym on monday and have lost 2 cm around my hips, and 1 cm off each thigh, so despite not actually loosing any weight have obviously done something right ( though not tonight, its our last night, so have had a little party, with mars bars slice, and chips and dips etc, yum - but will go to my bum LOL)
    Chris hasnt been back to the fires again, but is always on standby to go if needed ( now Im off work am feeling not so stressed about this )
    Rianna hasnt had an accident in over a week, so is pretty well TT.
    Dion is getting a HUGE tonka truck and bulldozer set, some books, some clothes, a torch, some dvd's, a lawn mower, a ball, some fp dinosaur sets, a follow me bob the builder scoop, ( and I think thats just Santa, LOL, I cant remember what else, coz I havent wrapped anything else yet, all the rest is in the garage in garbage bags )
    I hope to try keep up with you all.
    enjoy the season.

hi girls

thank you for the warm welcome. Brooke is currently watching "Humphrey" with DH , I think I have about 2 mins left of my time.

I can't belive Xmas will be here in days. I love Xmas!

how much milk is our babies drinking these days? Brooke is still having 3 bottles x 200 mls and a small yoghurt and some cheese. She won't drink milk from a sippy cup , only juice and water from a sippy cup or her straw cup.

3 bottles is still okay isn't it? I think when she hits 18mths I'm gonna try slowly get rid of the bottle. Just interested onthe other bubs?

I hope to get to know you all better very soon, I'm just gonna read for a while and then once I know you girls a bit better I will do some personals.

MERRY XMAS everybody. :P

Brooke - Brooke is a very cool nameeee

Hi! A quick one from me, I'm sick with a virus, if its not one thing its something else hey! Had a major shivering and shaking attack last night where we ended up calling the after hours doctor as we were worried that it was related to the preg.They say ts just something thats going around, and to put up with it.

Brooke - We haven't spent much on Al for xmas as we figure he's gotten so much over the year anyway. He's getting a LP pirate ship and a book and his brave mum has bought him his first textas!

Lisa - Al is on two bottles a day, but we were planning to get rid of the morning one over xmas. He is drinking milk froma cup at day care so he can do the same at home I guess. I have been reluctant to stop in case he isn't getting enough calcium, but i think he makes up for it in other ways.

Rachel - wow at the cloth nappies, how are they going? I would consider it if I lived in Oz or if there was a nappy service here. But we don't have a dryer and the sun isn't out very often, so I would be concerned about the hygiene in getting them really dry and clean.
    Update on the apartment - it was lovely, more space with 2 bedrooms etc, but the bathroom was TINY. I mean you walk in and the toilet is right there in a corner a tiny sink and the shower comes over the sink. You couldn't fit 2 people in there at the same time. So if we decided to take it, it would mean renovating - and compromising the size of the kitchen to accommodate a bigger bathroom. Sigh! I hope something else comes up soon.

Hey Vanita, Kate, Bel, Hay, Bec and anyone I missed.

HI girls,

Vanita school holidays started 6.5 hours ago and already we've done some fun cooking and currently Viv's sitting up with John eating ice cream. Oh it's a hard life being 9! Normally I stress about her being in bed by 8pm but not tonight. Unfortunately she's not the sort of kid to sleep in. She's awake at 6.30-6.45am every morning regardless of what time she goes to bed, so I still have to get her into bed at a reasonable hour during the holidays. I feel like such a party pooper but she's awful when she's overtired and very hard to reason with if something goes wrong. Sorry to hear Dion's asthma's playing up, but really it's not surprising. The air quality is so bad with all the smoke from the fires. I hope we get a bit of wind to disperse it a bit and that helps him. Lots of indoor play time for him! for Rianna and her TT. WTG Baby!!!! And a bit woo hoo for your gym review. The exercise is obviously making a difference. Enjoy Christmas and stick with it again in the new year - you deserve a treat.I hope Chris doesn't have to go back to the fires, but I guess his 'day job' is the same thing so you're used to the 'danger factor'.

Deb, sorry to hear your sick again! You poor thing, you and Al have had a rough trot lately. I hope you pick up quickly and can enjoy a white? Christmas. And keep looking on the apartment front... there's one out there for you soon, I'm sure. And you are a brave Mum buying textas!

Lisa, Blake hasn't had a bottle since he was about 15mths. We gave it up when we went to sleep school and changed our whole routine. He has milk 2 or 3 times a day - usually with his meals. He also has cereal every morning with milk and usually has yoghurt after dinner. He's getting plenty of calcium! "Officially" they are 'supposed' to stop bottles at 12 months but do whatever works for you and Brooke. I was pretty happy to give Blake's up cause he's a big boy to start with and 3 x 200mls of milk each day with good sized meals was adding to his size and he didn't really need that either.

OK. Gotta go settle my boy - he doesn't like the warm weather. It throws his whole day out. DD aint much better!

OMG Kate, I hope you all get some sleep tonight. Thinking of you.

for the urine/blood test results. Although I don't want anything wrong with Ry, it would be nice to show up something so it could be fixed and she could be settled for her and for you.
    xx

I hope you got some sleep Kate, was thinking of you. I had an hr sleep all night, as Rianna was up vomitting most of the night - oh well, lets hope no one else gets it for xmas. :eek:
    Lisa Dion has 1 bottle a day, with his b'fast. Has never liked cows milk, so has strawberry quik in it, so I can get it into him.

Vanita, LOL @ the strawberry quik! Sorry to hear Rianna's sick. I hope the rest of the tribe don't get it. There's lots going around with gastro and tonsilitis etc.

Kate, can I come down and give you a break? I wish there was something I could do. I feel so helpless. Sending you all my love, and lots of sleepy vibes for your girls.

BTW Kate. I often give Blake and Viv 'splashy baths' - 1-2 inches in the bottom of the bath of cool water to play in. It's lovely and cooling and refreshing and often helps distract when feral and also calms a little for bed. HTH for your girls

Hope all is well and sleepy at your place Kate! If I lived nearer, I'd take at least one of the girls off your hands for a few hours.

Brooke, I'm on meds because of my horrendous run at pregnancies. before Pup, I had 6 miscarriages. Pup's was the only pg to work and I took all those drugs for it. So we are sticking to the same formula.

Rach, was it you who asked about first tri tiredness?? OMG I can't believe it. I dunno wether I was this bad with Pup, but I am absoultely buggered this time round. For the past week or so I have been getting the morning sickness happening too - mainly in the afternoons tho. Feeling very ropey I can tell you. I feel so crappy that I can't even get into the Christmas spirit and I have all the presents to wrap and a small amount of fruit and veg shopping still to do. Blurghh.

Vanita, I give Pup chocolate quik!!

Lisa, Pup was breastfed until 14 months. I am still having trouble getting him to drink out of any cup - normal or sippy - because he doesn't seem to have the idea of tipping the blasted thing up! The only think I can get him to drink out of is a cup and straw. He drinks about 100ml of milk out of this in the morning, but in the afternoon and night he does have a bottle (200ml and 120ml respectively). But we will definately be working on this in the new year. I think it is just a matter of sticking with it, in order for him to "get" the idea of the cup. He sometimes manages it ok, but always with me holding on. Otherwise, he'd just tip it all out all over himself.

A friend of mine had her 2nd baby on Wednesday by C-section. She had an absolute horrible first birth (ripped quite extensively - and needing surgery to sew her back up) and still today, she has all sorts of problems as far as going to the toilet (both 1's and 2's). So the caeser was elective. But at the 20 week scan, they found out that the baby had a cleft palate and lip and were understandable apprehensive. but I spoke to her today and it turns out, that the baby only has a cleft lip and the palate is fine. Phew! Oh and the baby is a boy. So not as much in the way of surgeries for the little tyke thank God.

We are having a nice bit of rain today - only really settling the dust. No doubt there will be powerline fires all over the place (you get them when you get rain on dusty powerlines), so we are ready with the generator in case the power goes off at milking time! I went into town today and it is INSANE. It never ceases to amaze me how people tend to go CRAZY grocery shopping. I mean, the shops are only closed for one day (2 at the max) and it is like some people are stocking up a bomb shelter! I have to get some seafood and am leaving it till the last possible moment. Ugh. I've done the grocery shopping, but I just know that getting the seafood will take 1hr for a usual 15 minute trip.

Hello to everyone. Hope you're all surviving the mad mad rush to Monday!!

LOL Yep I agree Hay, mad mad people!!! I found out this arvo my gf had twin girls via csec, she also has a two yr old girl, and an 18 mth old boy, so wowee is she gunna be busy........

Rachel, mine sometimes have 3 + baths / showers a day as it calms the ferals LOL.

My oh my! Your friend is gonna be one busy lady Vanita!!!! 4 under 3 - Wow!!! How lucky for her to have so many to love!

Yep the bath thing is good. Hopefully it will help Kate with her girls, particularly Kelse when she's hot and bothered.

Hay, how did you go with the power? I hope you didnt' have any outages so that milking was smooth for you. Sorry to hear about the m/s. Must be crappy. I never suffered with either pg, so I can't imagine, but I know it must be lousy all the same. *hugs*

For those who asked... Blake has only worn his cloth nappies today for the first time, and only late this afternoon. I got 2 in the mail -finally- but didn't have any covers. however after a quick trip to visit Tracey, I now have more than doubled my stash (I only had two remember!) and Blake had his first try... he looked very cute! And he had his first poo! Good on him! LOL! So far so good. Will keep you posted!

hi girls

Wardy - those cloth nappies sounds cute on your blake.

Hay - I hope your friend is recovering okay now. I know the SHOPS are crazyyyyy this time of year. MAD! :eek:

mumofb - I hope your girl is okay? YES, brooke likes quik as well.

thanks GIRLS on the milk replies as well. I think I will cut the lunch one out very soon and then start trying milk in her sippy cup slowly everyday, she has to drink it one day *FINGERS X*

Kate - I hope your night has turned out okay.

Sunkoala - goodluck with your apartment hunting. Hope your feeling better soon?

I can hear a cat crying outside and it sounds like a baby! I'm clucky again and got another BFN i'm only 10-11dpo though. It will happen when it does. Brooke was our IUI # 3 miracle and we are trying naturally this time, its our 3rd go and 3 is a lucky #. Will tell you about this tarot guy I saw when I get more time. My Dh is home until late Jan and playing darts in the garage right now and its gonna wake Brooke up, shes just fallen alseep , so Off to open the garage door and give him the quiet "look"

goonight girls, SANTA comes soon HOHOHO

Lisa

Brooke - have a great xmas and a safe one as well. Maya is so cute in your ticker. I think when I saw your ticker is when I went and created mine .. I LOVED IT SO MUCH. see ya girls, talk after xmas. I'm also not pregnant oh well .. enjoy my Brooke much longer and I can have a drink now.

CIAO - until next time.

lisa HO HO HO

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Gee you girls can talk, sheesh! lol

Rachel- Yes we did have a good time with the ILs, but you're right it is nice to have our home back to ourselves. Jonah's sleep went all out of whack of course, but only really once MIL and FIL arrived, he was fine with just SIL, but we're starting to get him back on track I think, however the horrid hot weather lately hasn't helped, thank goodness for the cool change. He was fine with them though, a bit shy at first but he did warm up after a little while. Hehehehe, yeah don't ask about Telstra Wooohooo at Blake going well in the clothies. I like the idea of clothies but know that Ben would just not cope with them at all, lol.

Vanita- Thanks for missing me, I feel so loved I'm very glad to be back though, I missed everyone terribly too. Poor Dion, thank goodness for the rain and win huh to get rid of all that yucky smoke. Wasn't it bad the other day, I almost couldn't breathe in the night, I had to close the window and get a fan so I could have some air. Woooohoooo at losing your cm's that's fabulous. Gonna have to get my a$$ back into gear after Chrissy. Hooray for Rianna too, that's wonderful and yahoo for Chris not having to go back to the fires. Poor Rianna, being sick I hope she's better soon. It's awful being sick at Christmas. I remember one Christmas eve I threw up for 5 hours, was not nice.

Lisa- Hi and welcome if I haven't already welcomed you. Jonah has a few sippy cups of milk during the day but also has cheese on sandwiches, yoghurt and sometimes cereal so I know that he gets plenty of calcium from lots of different sources not just from milk.

Deb- Oh hun, you poor thing, I hope you feel better soon and that sickness leaves your house and doesn't come back for a really long time. Hoping that a lovely spacious apartment comes up soon for you.

Kate- Oh you poor darling. Jonah was not happy that really hot night either, I hope you eventually got the girls settled. Poor little Rylee I hate it when babies have to have blood taken, it's very traumatic isn't it? Jonah had to have so many when he was sick in hospital. One of them was just THE worst experience, one of the nurses (a real surly, mean b!tch) was doing it instead of the pathology woman, and we were standing there with him and he really started screaming because she was hurting trying to squeeze his little foot trying to get the blood to come out and of course both of us wanted to comfort him and she yelled at Ben to get out of her was and said that it was hard enough that Jonah was screaming and crying and trying to take his foot away. It was so awful I almost cried. Anyway I digress, I agree with Rachel, them finding something wrong would almost be a good thing because then it can be fixed. Everything is crossed hun

Hay- Hooray for the rain, I hope you get more. Hope the powerlines didn't catch fire and cut your power off though. Congrats to your friend on her new baby boy, ouch at the ripping with the first, poor bugger, hooray that he doesn't have a cleft palate though.

Gemma- Where are you? I hope you are all well.

Hi to everyone else.

If I don't get a chance to get on again before Chrissy. Just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, I hope you all have a wonderful day filled with much joy and laughter. If you have to travel anywhere, please be careful and stay safe.

Much love, hugs and kisses to you all.

Just popping in to wish my Baby Buddies a fabulous Christmas and a wonderful 2007.

I hope you all have a wonderful time sharing this special time of year with your families.

Lots of love,
    Rachel
    xx

Tigergirl1980 Guest

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE *MWAH* I hope you're all having a splendid day.

So sorry I couldn't pop on before xmas, but was thinking of you all. I hope you are enjoying the holidays.
    We have been with the ILs for the week. Thankfully, they were able to help babysit as I have had the flu the whole time along with an ear infection, for which I needed strong pain killers and now penicillin. So its been a Different xmas! Al also had the flu with me and now DH is struck down with it. But we did all manage to feel well enough to enjoy xmas eve, which is when the festivities happen here, so that was lucky.

Anyway, a belated merry xmas to you all and big hugs and.... thanks for all your wonderful support and kind words this past year. They mean a lot!

Aww, sorry to hear you all have been sick, Deb. It certainly puts a damper on Christmas doesn't it?

Blake's had the snottiest of colds since Boxing Day and has been miserable. I've been feeling a head cold too and went to bed at 8.30pm last night. DH was up and down with Blake until 1am when I finally heard him and got up and gave him some more Dimetapp. I sat with him until he went to sleep 30 mins later. Fortunately he's been asleep ever since. I hope he wakes up better.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Deb and Rachel- So sorry you girls have been sick and that the boys have been too. I hope you're all better soon *mwah*

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast