Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born July 2005 #2

Oh fletch - thank you!! I am passionate and i do think that it will suite me but having Hendrix and looking at how much i still have to complete of my degree is a bit of a bummer. BUT reading your post has given me a little bit of hope!

Hi gals,

just a quick one...

Fletch we also got blinds installed yesterday. Ours are the traditional awnings rather than the total block out shutters. I am sooo pleased with them as they make a hell of a difference in Pups room. Even though his room is insulated, for some reason it gets bloody hot in there first thing in the morning in summer (on the east side of the house). We have no verandah on that side. Our bedroom is on the west side, but we have a big wide verandah to sheild the afternoon summer sun, so we're not too bad. I got the traditional heritage colours - to match the house - and they have come up a treat.

Hi to all.

Pup 5 months old today.

Hayseed

Kate, Heather and Brooke - you girls are so mushy! You make me want to cry :smt022.

At the moment :af: is here full force for the 2nd time since :boy: and all I want to do is :eat: chocolate!

I have to get back to my study now :smt024

:lovebb:

Oh i love our mushyness! I am a pretty emotional person and its just so so lovely to meet so many other mushies cause i find in this world its pretty hard to find open people who arent afraid of their emotions (ok ill stop the ranting now!!)

Deb - i love your posts in signs!! hehe very cute!

Brooke - i have at least about 3 years left (part-time). Im going to try and get it done as quickly as possible so that we can start to have some $$$.

Kate - id love to have a june/july/august meet-up!! Its really hard and worrying when we have people in our lives who we realise will influence our children whose belief systems we dont believe in, but YOU will be the main influence in Kelsey's life and those people are there for you to help educate Kelsey in ways NOT to be. hope that makes sense??

Anyway gotta go will pop back on later

Hiya ladies

Ive just been to the lonnnnnnnnnnngest school assembly..sigh...lol..i cant help but think..if i was bored...how did all those littlies cope? Em got a medallion and Jess was playing clarinet in the band so but im so glad its the last one for a while..lol

So..how are you all anyway. Kate sorry to hear that you have someone like that in your life. It makes it kinda hard doesnt it. My best friend lived with someone like that a couple of years ago..and because he was so controlling i had very limited contact with her. He was a member of a very narrow fundamentalist religious group..it was so sad because hed preach every chance hed get..worst thing was my friends son was 5 at the time...he missed christmas that year...hope you sort things out. Wtg on the weight gain too..gotta be happy with that.

Brookey i think Maya looks like you...so so pretty. She looks like a real thinker.. I love your ticker too...its so weird...i think we must have all gotten sick of the old tickers at the same time..haha. Me..i like one thats got Sammys age on it..oh and of course a photo. Thats so great that you have wednesdays off too..will break up that week nicely for you.

Hiya Heather..hows gorgeous Hendy? You sound soo lovely in your posts...sounds like you are made to be a mummy to your little darling and no doubt you will do well at anything you try. We need more teachers that are passionate about kids and sensitive to their emotions and needs. ..so hope you continue with it. Ive done part of my teaching degree...i just dont know if I have enough patience with other peoples kids. I see lots of teachers who i think..grrr u shouldnt be teaching any more..lol....id hate anyone to think that of me!

Yaay on the shutters Fletchie...they must be great. We have blockout blinds and our house is surrounded by trees so actually stays pretty cool..thankfully. LOL at your names...its so funny what we end up calling them....all of my girls have had nicknames as babies and theyve all sort of stuck ..lol.

Hayseed wow hasnt the time flown...happy 5 months to Thomas.

Well Sammy is in bed at the moment after his morning. He was such a good boy at the school. He had a little 3 year old girl sitting next to him so he smiled at talked to her in between feeds. Hes going wild now trying to get anything and everything into his mouth...he looks for something then dives at it..hes dribbling so much so hope his teethies arent too far away or going to give him too much grief. We have a dinner tonight...my baby sister is 18 today...so that will be nice. Last day of school tomorrow..kids have all their class parties today...im sooooo looking forward to not having the rush in the mornings..yipee

bye for now

Jo

Al was up at 5am this morning and hasn't gone back to sleep - its now 6 so I have given in and we're up! And tis dark and cold here (achoo!). One more week to go and we're in Sydney. Woohoo!

LOL Brooke this :af: is AF not MIL!! But I can see why you would think so!
    I don't know about the time of the next growth spurt. But Al seems to be permanently going through wonderweeks, teething and growth spurts!

Yay for getting through the long school assembly Jo. Cool that the kids were involved though. Did Sammy sit through it as well?
    I am finding Al loves being around other people, he is usually smiling and relaxed. Which is a good sign for the plane trip next week.

Some grizzling has started so maybe we will get some more sleep now. I hope!

Awww Brooke and Deb..hope both Maya and Al sleep better for you both tonight.

Jo

Had to laugh Kate...sorry im sure little miss kelsey doesnt like to have her face in spew and pumpkin everywhere..i cant wait.

At the school they have a system where the kids get gold cards for great school work..behaviour etc so after they have reached a certain level they get a bronze medallion, then silver...then gold. Em got her bronze...which shes thrilled about as shes only been at the school for a year.

Jo

OMG i was away for few days and wow so many postings. so sorry i haven't caught up but a big HI to all june/july/august bubbas and mummas.

oscar is doing well and really looking at the food we are eating and watching us spoon it into our mouths so i think he is getting ready. the boys are just so excited about him nearly being able to 'eat' i don't know what i've been feeding him! i even expressed milk onto a spoon for them to feed him it was hilarious, the boys waiting eagerly whilst i hand express milk onto a spoon and then them taking it to give to oscar.

hope all's well
    love beckles

cazoraz Guest

hello fellow July mums!

Sorry I have been AWOL for a few weeks - DH just started a night job for the summer while I dont have uni and can look after the kids everyday, so we are transitioning him onto a night schedule and its been a little tough. It means I have to try and keep Lucy quiet (how the hell do you keep a 2.5yr old quiet?!?) or take them both out somewhere, which is a massive pain to take a 2.5yr and a 5month old anywhere alone I have found. So I am taking advantage of a few friends with babies and visiting them in the mornings, Dh is generally up again around lunch time so its not so bad.
    The other bad thing of course is I am away from my beloved computer for long periods of time and havent been around my boards as much as I owuld like, but hey its probably good for me too

Brooke - saw your decision on the 'studying' thread about returning to uni full time next year, well done! It will be tough but you can do it, and you will feel so much better once its done!
    I have my final year of Education degree next year too, which will be full on, but I have negotiated with my school that I'll be teaching at to do one day per week and then a 3wk block per semester, rather than a 5wk block each semester which would have been really hard. I am hoping to be able to continue breastfeeding til coleman is 1 so I might be able to do it this way too which is great!

Kate - how's Kelsey sleeping? Any better? Sorry I havent read back over the thread I have missed, you guys talk so much!!

Hope everyone is well and your babies are growing and happy. Coleman is at a great stage, just laughing and giggling at everyone and everything at the moment. he is teething and madly chews on his fist all day long but is a pretty good baby. Lucy is actually worse behaved at night, he doesnt wake at all but she seems to be having nightmares and coming into our bed to sleep every other night at about 4am which is driving me NUTS!

I have updated our webpage again with more pics, including all my belly pics when pregnant with Coleman, man I got a big belly!

Talk soon
    xxxCaz

Hi!

we're just back from the doctor. when Al was stripped down for his check up he did the full on scream! We're so proud of him! He didn't even notice the needle go in for the vaccination as he was too much into his screaming. So All in all, it seemed to go quite well!
    His height is normal according to his growth pattern on the chart at 68cm. And his weight is slightly lower than it should be - on the graph, although he is still gaining at 7.7kgs. So he has been given the clean bill of health and we are not due back there until he's 12 months old - which is super news!

I have one more Danish class of Level 6 before taking a long break again. I have to tell you Brooke, at times it can be stressful to balance study and baby. it really helps if you have support from your partner. You will manage it though and try to always keep in mind the goal you have to achieve.Start with the end in mind! It will help get you through.

Fletch - I can't make it to the Sydney meet up as we are in Adelaide already by the 20th december. But we are back in Syd all January, so we hope to meet you then! Better to try and organise that on the other side of Xmas and new year.

Gotta go we are counting down the days and I have so many things to do before we leave.

Hi girls,

on the subject of sleeping/waking babies, Pup went thru a period of waking in the middle of the night after a prolonged period of sleeping right thru. But now he's back to sleeping right thru, so maybe it is a phase?????? I'm having a bit of an issue with him settling for his big overnight sleep ATM. I put him down somewhere between 7 and 8pm when he is very sleepy, expectinghim to sleep thru. But after his fiorst sleep cycel, he wakes up and is screaming. I have to go in and settle him - usually nursing to settle the sobbing - and then he'll go back to sleep, remaining so for the rest of the night. Strange behaviour!! At least this screaming thing is happening at 9pm(ish) and not 3am!

I reckon July will be a buggar to try and catch up with all the first birthdays coming up. Not only our own babies, but those of the bubs in mums groups etc... But I'm keen to try and work out a date!

Not much going on here to report. Pup ate dirt today - that was our big thing for the week. I was weeding our vegie patch and had him propped up (sitting) between my feet and he reched down, pulled out some weeds and dirt and stuck them in his mouth. Coupled with the excessive dribbling and drool, there was a great mud pack on his face!! His bib was rotten. MIL wiped his face before I got a photo of it, but no matter. I;m sure there'll be more where that came from! DH saw him and said "and so it starts"! So the boy is not on food, but is on dirt.

Making our own Christmas cards this year. Trying to pin DH down to take a family photo while Pup is at his brightest during the day. It sometimes seems all too hard!

Well, best push off.

Hayseed

cazoraz Guest

Brooke - 4days a week will be a bit strenuous, hope it works out ok for you. Could you do your last yar over say 1.5years, or do they want you to do the prac all together in a lump like that? Dont push yoursel ftoo hard, if its not working, then cut back (if possible). I know the feeling of just wanting to finish, but you also dont want to mis out on precious baby stuff....good luck!

Oh and thanks for the compliments on our site - Cole & Lucy are both big posers for the camera, and I was lucky enough not to get any stretch marks in teh visible places, just lower down on my hips with Lucy and a few much lower down on my belly with Cole.

Hayseed - Cole has done the "waking after 45mins at 9pm" thing too a few times and my health nurse asked if it was noisy in my house at that time, which I realised it was since we're still up watching TV in the next room and my 2.5yr old is quite often still refusing to go to bed at this time. When he has done it, I've just gone in and patted him for a few minutes til he's calm then put him musical mobile back on and left again, and he's settled back on his own. I hope Pup gets over it soon for you!

We're doing family photos for Christmas too, I have gotten my girlfriend to come over this afternoon and take them for us, she took photos at my wedding as well and is quite good so I hope we get some good ones. Its hard timing it when baby's happiest though isnt it?

xxxCaz

Hey girls! WOW can we chat!! Seperate us into two threads and everyone goes quiet put us together and we are like a bunch of birds!! hehe I love it!

Ive been busy and have read the posts but have to rush so will catch up later if that is aok??

Hendrix is really good, hasnt woken during the night now for the past couple of weeks which has been fabulous!! Wonder week 26 hasnt hit yet!! The calender says that it can start around week 22 so we are doing well so far!

Aunty Fletch - Hendrix doesnt stop talking about how excited he is and 'when are we going to meet Zane mummy??' hehe

Im going xmas shopping today so gotta get organised. Illl catch up later.

Hi everyone,

Gee you sound fresh Fletch! I'm so jealous. Glad you got a great night sleep.

Well here was a bit more eventful. I tried giving Al some mashed carrot last night, his first food besides the rice cereal. And sure enough after 2 tiny mouthfuls he spews his whole stomach contents all over me! Which is very unusual as he isn't usually a chucker. So we gave up on that. He was very quiet when I put him to bed. Then at 10pm when he woke for his dream feed he was very upset. When I pickled him up he was wet from sweat, boiling hot and shaking! I was home by myself and got into a bit of a panic. I couldn√łt believe my little one was sick, I was so worried. I fed him and he stopped shaking and he was rfesponding well when I was talking to him so I calmed down. I took his temp and it was 39.8 so he was having a reaction to the vaccination.
    He had some stomach pains and diarhhoea as well poor love.
    So he stayed up with me for a while and eventually brought him to bed with me. He was up and down a bit during the night but this morning it seems the temperature has gone and he is better. So I hope that that's all that will happen.
    Will drop in later.
    Hope things are OK there Brooke. A walk in the pram is a sure-fire way to get her to sleep and give you some fresh air.
    hugs and a mwa from us here too!

Hey Brooke, Eastern Australia is 9 hours ahead of us here. So therefore when it is 6am in Melbs it is 9pm the night before here.
    We will lose a day when we travel there next week. We leave here at 5pm on Thursday and arrive on Saturday morning.
    So while you have had a night's sleep (hopefully) since your last post, I am still getting through my day.
    BTW just passed the next level at school ! Yippee!!!

Kate:how cute that Kelse is slapping her thigh and poking her tongue out!
    I noticed Al has crustiness behind his ears too - a new development. So I'll try the cream too. We use Covitol.

Hayseed - nice about Thomas eating dirt! :-) Nearly as bad as Al sucking the cracks between the floor boards here yesterday! YUK!!

Hi Fletch - just want to clarify it wasn't the carrots he was sucking between the floorboards, it was just a tummy time floor sucking experience. One that I'm sure he would love to repeat!
    I hope the weather isn't too warm there and you get to the christening. I've heard there has been a heatwave! YUK!

Kate - Al is much better. Slept well last night. It was scary to see the little munchkin sick like that, it was the first time I have ever had that worry and probably not the last.
    I forgot to congratulate Kelsey for her birthday yesterday! YAY Kelse. 5 months old!!

Today is Al's birthday. Big boy of 5 months too!! He celebrated by sleeping in until 9am and woke up with quiet chatting in his cot. First time for everything!

hi guys

i am feeling overwhelmed with all the posting. sorry i can't respond more often.

kate i can't believe you remember all that kelse and you did in that 24 hour period of time - wow. i hardly know what i did an hour ago. i never remember when i have fed oscar or when he sleeps. my life just seems like a blur sometimes.

deb i hope al's feeling better soon.

brookey i hope you are feeling better hugs to you.

deb not long until you are back in the land of oz yay.

heather hope hendrix is doing ok

layla hi to you and sarah.

um hi to all the other mummas and bubbas out there.

don't think i'm a dummy here :-$ but i have questions
    what are the wonder weeks (is this a baby version of the tv sitcom 'the wonder years'????) no seriously i have no idea.
    what is a dreamfeed?
    what cups have you guys bought for your bubba's for water. i used to use a 'mag mag' 10 years ago and they were great you could buy the different lids to fit the age. you used to buy them at the chemist but they don't seem to stock them anymore. i bought a heinz one with a soft spout but oscar can't get anything out of it, he just has no idea he has to suck it and he just chews on it. it's a lovely toy for him though \/
    ok last question i posted in breastfeeding general chatter but i didn't get any replys :smt022 oscar is biting my boobs often just near the end of feeding or just before the let down. it is so painful. he doesn't seem to be teething - no lumps or bumps (the older 2 had no teeth until about 12 months) any suggestions.

thanks girlies
    love beckles

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast